Author Topic: Federal judge rules morning-after pill must be available for women of all ages  (Read 16468 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

why are you a moderator? you have no expertise in this area and frankly make silly posts quite often. You won't even engage in argument and deflect constantly.

signed another mod.

::)

Sincerely, a grossly underpaid mod

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
source?  yeah we'll never see that.  and yeah birth control pills are recalled all the time.  YAz has killed or had severe health ramifications for over 10,000 people too.  and you would want someone to give oral progestin that to your 13 year old daughter without your consent?  what if there is something wrong with those?  you don't care about the health risks?  even though they may be small?  again.  im not against abortion.  i'm against someone taking my 13 year old daughter to get one without my consent.  and you're obviously not a parent either.

Agree.  It really is about parental involvement. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
i should make clear that i dont think the MAP is an abortion pill.  i misspoke in my post.  but i still don't want someone giving my 13 year old daughter an overdose of progestin to prevent conception without my knowledge or consent.  thats just plain irreponsible. 

Truth (again).

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Agree.  It really is about parental involvement. 

I can't understand why that isn't just obvious to everyone. It's not about controlling or taking away rights but about being a concerned responsible parent.
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I can't understand why that isn't just obvious to everyone. It's not about controlling or taking away rights but about being a concerned responsible parent.

Correct.  I think the majority of concerned, responsible parents would agree with you. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Correct.  I think the majority of concerned, responsible parents would agree with you. 

if your 13 old daughter is knocked up I think you have to forfeit your claim to be a concerned responsible parent

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
if your 13 old daughter is knocked up I think you have to forfeit your claim to be a concerned responsible parent

I don't think this necessarily true..  Coercion and rape come to mind.
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

fair point

I would say lets add incest to list but then one really has to forfeit the concerned responsible parent claim

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

True.  Also peer pressure, poor decision making (things inherent in young teens).  

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
fair point

I would say lets add incest to list but then one really has to forfeit the concerned responsible parent claim

Incest is added to the list.

True.  Also peer pressure, poor decision making (things inherent in young teens). 

Members of the football team taking advantage of her while she's drunk and posting about it on the Internet.
A

bears

• Getbig IV

look who's passing judgment now.  fucking bible thumper.

bears

• Getbig IV

why are they bad parents?  they don't own her.  she's not their slave.  its her body.  she can do what she wants with it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Incest is added to the list.

Members of the football team taking advantage of her while she's drunk and posting about it on the Internet.

Ouch.  Those boys got off with a slap on the wrist.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
look who's passing judgment now.  fucking bible thumper.

LOL @ bible thumper

I'm going on the record that if your 13 year old daughter is pregnant it's highly likely that you're not a concerned responsible parent

Furthermore, if your 13 year old child is pregnant as a result of incest then you are definitely not a concerned responsible parent

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
why are they bad parents?  they don't own her.  she's not their slave.  its her body.  she can do what she wants with it.

no doubt she has free will

btw - it takes a lot less than getting pregnant to be a bad parent in my book

My starting point is someone's stupid kids talking in a movie theater

bears

• Getbig IV
LOL @ bible thumper

I'm going on the record that if your 13 year old daughter is pregnant it's highly likely that you're not a concerned responsible parent

Furthermore, if your 13 year old child is pregnant as a result of incest then you are definitely not a concerned responsible parent

because 13 year olds shouldn't be having sex right?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
because 13 year olds shouldn't be having sex right?

I'm sure 13 years have sex everyday on this planet

as long as they shut up in a movie theater I couldn't care less what they do but their concerned responsible parents might want to re-evaluate themselves a bit

bears

• Getbig IV
I'm sure 13 years have sex everyday on this planet

as long as they shut up in a movie theater I couldn't care less what they do but their concerned responsible parents might want to re-evaluate themselves a bit

any way you slice it you obviously think 13 year olds shouldn't be having sex thats why you pass judgment on the parents of 13 year olds who get pregnant.  you believe in practicing abstinence but its not the "cool thing" to say anymore.

i totally agree with you that 13 year olds shouldn't be having sex i just don't believe that a 13 year olds parents are "bad parents" if their child gets in trouble.  especially when they see and hear all of the adults around them mocking and ridiculing the conservatives promoting abstinence for young teens.  they're simply a product of their environment.  maybe not you personally but most pro choice advocates who mock conservatives for preaching abstinence and label them as "judgmental" are themselves guilty of it.  they believe in a girls choice to abort but they secretly despise the girls who do.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
any way you slice it you obviously think 13 year olds shouldn't be having sex thats why you pass judgment on the parents of 13 year olds who get pregnant.  you believe in practicing abstinence but its not the "cool thing" to say anymore.

i totally agree with you that 13 year olds shouldn't be having sex i just don't believe that a 13 year olds parents are "bad parents" if their child gets in trouble.  especially when they see and hear all of the adults around them mocking and ridiculing the conservatives promoting abstinence for young teens.  they're simply a product of their environment.  maybe not you personally but most pro choice advocates who mock conservatives for preaching abstinence and label them as "judgmental" are themselves guilty of it.  they believe in a girls choice to abort but they secretly despise the girls who do.  

when did I say I believe in practicing abstinence ?

All I said is the starting point of being a "non responsible concerned parent" is a lot sooner than when your 13 year old daughter gets knocked up

make sure your kids don't talk in the movies and maybe keep them out of my way when I'm at the grocery store and I really don't give a shit what they do

bears

• Getbig IV
when did I say I believe in practicing abstinence ?

All I said is the starting point of being a "non responsible concerned parent" is a lot sooner than when your 13 year old daughter gets knocked up

make sure your kids don't talk in the movies and maybe keep them out of my way when I'm at the grocery store and I really don't give a shit what they do

so what are you saying?  you stated that you're a bad parent if your 13 year old gets pregnant.  so wouldn't it stand to reason that you're a bad parent if you're 13 year old is having sex?  so wouldn't that opinion be promoting abstinence?

bears

• Getbig IV

bears

• Getbig IV
reminds me of a conversation i had with one of my dads pro choice friends.  this is almost verbatim.

him: "we're all God's children.  who are these pro life people to pass judgment on a person who has an abortion?"

me: "abortion is 99% of the time two people who were irresponsible with their sex life.  thats why we have so many abortions.  because people behaved irresponsibly.  doesn't mean that they're bad people.  it just means they fucked up and instead of taking responsibility for the life that they created, they aborted it.  i don't judge them.  i don;t know what i would do in that situation.  i know that the easy solution would be to abort.  i'm just not sold on that being the right thing to do"

him: "have you ever known anyone who had an abortion?"

me:  "most of my friends had abortions in college"

him : "well that just goes to show the type of people you surround yourself with"

me:  "excuse me!!!!!??????"

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
reminds me of a conversation i had with one of my dads pro choice friends.  this is almost verbatim.

him: "we're all God's children.  who are these pro life people to pass judgment on a person who has an abortion?"

me: "abortion is 99% of the time two people who were irresponsible with their sex life.  thats why we have so many abortions.  because people behaved irresponsibly.  doesn't mean that they're bad people.  it just means they fucked up and instead of taking responsibility for the life that they created, they aborted it.  i don't judge them.  i don;t know what i would do in that situation.  i know that the easy solution would be to abort.  i'm just not sold on that being the right thing to do"

him : "well that just goes to show the type of people you surround yourself with"

lol

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

everyone passes judgement on others everyday

don't you do it yourself?

bears

• Getbig IV
everyone passes judgement on others everyday

don't you do it yourself?

try not to but yeah i do sometimes.