Author Topic: PLASMA OR LCD!!!!!!!?????????????  (Read 4798 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: PLASMA OR LCD!!!!!!!?????????????
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2008, 03:00:25 PM »
yes every time i need something moved i call them. i got them on my speed dial

Whats funny is my 65 inch weighs about 40 pounds and the 53 inch weighs about 200 and is bulky. I might have to tell my buddies the first person to come get it can have it, its an eyesore.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2008, 03:01:34 PM »
yeah one need to save the liftings to where it counts - the gym

or one might end up injure oneself
Z

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2008, 03:03:06 PM »
I've owned a 57" Sony RP that it still in excellent condition....great tv, but I replaced it with the newer Sony Bravia 55" SXRD....better than LCD and DLP, but not quite the plasma level....nice in between.   This weekend I added a Blu-Ray player and my fuckin mind was blown.   I already have a 7.1 home theatre system from Sony (not the best, but I love it) and that coupled with the new 1080p Bravia and the Blu-Ray blew my fuckin mind. 

On a sidenote, for those now purchasing HDMI cables for their sets DO NOT purchase any of the fuckin Monster cables.   Now, the cables themselves are excellent, but the price is ridiculous...this is the one of hte rare cases in electronics in which you don't get what you pay for.   Go to monoprice.com and buy your cables there.   I've read all the comparison studies by techy guys and their ain't a lick of difference between a $150 HDMI cable by Monster and my outstanding $12 cable from monoprice.....I've purchased 2 HDMIs from them and they're fantastic.   My friend paid $100 for one Monster HDMI and their isn't a bit of difference in quality between his $100 HDMI and my $12 HDMI.  I also buy all my speaker wire from Home Depot....12AWG Carol wire that's shielded for in-wall runs is excellent....haven't had a single glitch....again stay away from Monster speaker wire...overpriced and doesn't deliver anymore.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2008, 03:05:27 PM »
Whats funny is my 65 inch weighs about 40 pounds and the 53 inch weighs about 200 and is bulky. I might have to tell my buddies the first person to come get it can have it, its an eyesore.

I'm sure you tv or dvd player has full or zoom setting that would eliminate the letter boxing.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2008, 03:07:26 PM »
I'm sure you tv or dvd player has full or zoom setting that would eliminate the letter boxing.

It does, but it cuts off just a little bit of the screen. If its TOO letterboxed I zoom, but an inch or two is no biggie. Actually I am still playing with it, I may get it to work perfect yet.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2008, 03:10:19 PM »
i bet the name "monster" was what attracted you to those cables to begin with!

Z

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2008, 03:12:37 PM »
I've owned a 57" Sony RP that it still in excellent condition....great tv, but I replaced it with the newer Sony Bravia 55" SXRD....better than LCD and DLP, but not quite the plasma level....nice in between.   This weekend I added a Blu-Ray player and my fuckin mind was blown.   I already have a 7.1 home theatre system from Sony (not the best, but I love it) and that coupled with the new 1080p Bravia and the Blu-Ray blew my fuckin mind. 

On a sidenote, for those now purchasing HDMI cables for their sets DO NOT purchase any of the fuckin Monster cables.   Now, the cables themselves are excellent, but the price is ridiculous...this is the one of hte rare cases in electronics in which you don't get what you pay for.   Go to monoprice.com and buy your cables there.   I've read all the comparison studies by techy guys and their ain't a lick of difference between a $150 HDMI cable by Monster and my outstanding $12 cable from monoprice.....I've purchased 2 HDMIs from them and they're fantastic.   My friend paid $100 for one Monster HDMI and their isn't a bit of difference in quality between his $100 HDMI and my $12 HDMI.  I also buy all my speaker wire from Home Depot....12AWG Carol wire that's shielded for in-wall runs is excellent....haven't had a single glitch....again stay away from Monster speaker wire...overpriced and doesn't deliver anymore.

I bought some 49 dollar cables for my DVD player and I use whatever cables came free with my cable. My Hi_Def cable blows my DVD out of the water in terms of quality.
E

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2008, 03:22:48 PM »
i bet the name "monster" was what attracted you to those cables to begin with!

AHAHHAHAH!!!  Yes, they are appropriately named.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2008, 03:23:50 PM »
I bought some 49 dollar cables for my DVD player and I use whatever cables came free with my cable. My Hi_Def cable blows my DVD out of the water in terms of quality.

Goin forward I'd use monoprice for all cables and wires.....excellent price, great service, great products. 

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2008, 03:33:30 PM »
I love my LG Plasma... It's the best that I have owned yet and I doubt that I will sway from LG. Working on getting the whole house done in it. Next step is the Fridge the wife just doesn't see why we need one since this one is 3 months old. I SAID SO was my respones.  ;D ;D

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2008, 08:18:04 AM »
I was playing with it and the controller has a button that says format. That changed it to 16:9 wide expand or something, much better.
E

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2008, 08:28:56 AM »
I was playing with it and the controller has a button that says format. That changed it to 16:9 wide expand or something, much better.

should have an automatic setting

if you leave it on that it should adjust to the format
T

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2008, 08:58:28 PM »

I am glad you posted this. I am so tech-dumb I would have never even looked. Here is how I was watching my shows, compared to how I am now. It literally gives me about 14 more inches diagonally.  :)
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2008, 09:06:12 AM »
youll get much more outta celeb rehab now!
Z

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2008, 09:54:12 AM »
I am glad you posted this. I am so tech-dumb I would have never even looked. Here is how I was watching my shows, compared to how I am now. It literally gives me about 14 more inches diagonally.  :)

That's a great show you're watchin by the way.....I'm already hooked LOL!!

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2008, 03:06:08 AM »
I have one of each actually, a 52" plasma and a 42" LCD. I think the Plasma is better for movies but I like to play the xbox360 on the LCD, just seems a little brighter and clearer to me for that :D.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2008, 04:27:03 AM »
I have one of each actually, a 52" plasma and a 42" LCD. I think the Plasma is better for movies but I like to play the xbox360 on the LCD, just seems a little brighter and clearer to me for that :D.

Not all of us get paid 2 grand to post here Honour  ;)

E

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2008, 06:03:19 PM »
Not all of us get paid 2 grand to post here Honour  ;)

Hahaha yeah so true mate, this is the best paying forum Ive ever been on ;D. (GforP sites don't count right :o.... ;D)

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2008, 06:20:16 AM »
Hey squad daddy....Check this thread I started a while back...few pics in there too.

HAd my 46" Sharp Aquos a while now....no problems at all....love it

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=175852.msg2468071#msg2468071

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2008, 07:47:04 AM »
Hey squad daddy....Check this thread I started a while back...few pics in there too.

HAd my 46" Sharp Aquos a while now....no problems at all....love it

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=175852.msg2468071#msg2468071
decided on the 42" Samsung LCD 1080P, had it for a few days.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2008, 07:48:05 AM »
decided on the 42" Samsung LCD 1080P, had it for a few days.

Did you watch Lost last night Squad? It was the first time I saw it on my new TV. Looked awesome in hi-def.
E

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2008, 01:06:22 PM »
Did you watch Lost last night Squad? It was the first time I saw it on my new TV. Looked awesome in hi-def.
no, never watch that show.