Author Topic: Prenuptial Agreements  (Read 7028 times)

swv8199

• Getbig II
  • As a man is in his heart...so is he.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2007, 11:56:41 AM »
I agree with you, it's not just wishful thinking. 'cause the botton line is you still have to face the person everyday.
Love without money is hard, ...but it's doable. Money without love is a frikkin nightmare.
That's why I always say "Any woman person who marries for money deserves every red cent s/he gets"
They've earned it! {LOL}

I agree with you there!  it's definitely doable!  As an old song said: "Love is a two way street".

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2007, 12:00:06 PM »
Why?  You don't want me taking Rocky away from you?

:D Weee

swv8199

• Getbig II
  • As a man is in his heart...so is he.
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2007, 12:05:42 PM »

I would never!  He's too valuable.  Oh wait!  You are right, we'd need a pre-nup.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2007, 06:54:51 PM »
Poor people need pre-nups even more.

A broke person will never get over losing half their crap, LOL! Most of the guys I know making around 50K need two or three years to financially recover from a divorce.

kolja

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2007, 02:11:41 AM »
I think it all depends on the individuals involved. 

Absolutely agreed.  I've more or less sold my soul for what I have now and the retirement I'll have so I'll be damned if someone who wasn't around for all the sacrafices (I did two deployments - shutting down my personal household for a total of YEARS at a time, not to mention the number of times I've almost been killed, both by the "enemy' and people supposedly on 'my' side) gets a red cent of what I gave the best years of my life for.

My retirement is MINE.  I was the one who fought, I was the one who almost died more times than I care to remember - ladies, if any one of you wants on damn red cent of it, you best stick with me "for better or for worse" 

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2007, 08:19:47 PM »
Because sadly... for some people it is not about 'matrimony', it is about 'match the money'.

Marriage has always been about money from the start. Money, power, inheritance, and political alignment etc.,
It is only recently that "marrying for love" a custom previously only enjoyed by the poor, has become popularized throughout all echelons of society. For the upper crust, it has always been about money & politics.

Speaking of upcoming nuptials... guess which self-righteous, family values, born again Christian conservative politician's daughter has a little bundle baking in the oven? She'll be marrying soon. I hope his base can't add, because those numbers won't add up, ...but I'm sure they'll overlook it because even though she's a sinful fornicator, ...her father has been 'called by God', ...either that or they might just proclaim it to be a virgin birth.  :P

I wonder if she'll have a pre-nup? There's no question about who will cater her wedding though...
I hear Halliburton got the no bid contract on that one. {giggle}  :P

This post is stale as my supper was, but WHo you talking about here... We are NOt talking a girl/ girl wedding R-we  ???
& I sold all my HAL/KBR (a little late) too if that make'z  you feel any better.
(The bastards have a mountian of money but cant buy back a share even during the most brutal selloffs)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2007, 09:08:46 PM »
This post is stale as my supper was, but WHo you talking about here... We are NOt talking a girl/ girl wedding R-we  ???

This is a conventional girl/boy wedding. Only VICE presidential families can quietly get away with the girl/girl stuff

& I sold all my HAL/KBR (a little late) too if that make'z  you feel any better.
(The bastards have a mountian of money but cant buy back a share even during the most brutal selloffs)

Why would that make me feel happy?
w

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2007, 06:42:42 AM »
This is a conventional girl/boy wedding. Only VICE presidential families can quietly get away with the girl/girl stuff

Why would that make me feel happy?

Ok GW's daughter? Not the Cheney thing?? Can you imagine the security at that wedding?

HAL? Just messing w/ ya... SOme liberals get all bent when you tell them you own HAL or GD  etc..
Its fun to watch their neck veins pulse... Angry Liberals are like a oxymoron incarnate...

Next, its time for a history lesson and explain to them how Jimmy Carter is the jerk responsible for the present state of the Oil Region (Mid East)  ;) 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2007, 07:08:35 AM »
If you go into a marriage with any thought of it ending, you shouldn't get married period. And people wonder why the divorce rate is so high. No one takes it serious.
gotta love life

kolja

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2007, 10:22:05 AM »
If you go into a marriage with any thought of it ending, you shouldn't get married period. And people wonder why the divorce rate is so high. No one takes it serious.

Unfortunately while it takes two people to get and stay married, it only takes one person to decide they want out.  Then guess what? No matter how seriously the other partner might take marriage, the marriage is gone.  One would be wise to protect oneself.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2007, 11:15:20 AM »
Unfortunately while it takes two people to get and stay married, it only takes one person to decide they want out.  Then guess what? No matter how seriously the other partner might take marriage, the marriage is gone.  One would be wise to protect oneself.

I just couldn't see it....I think it states distrust from the get go....I never even gave it thought in my marriage
gotta love life

kolja

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2007, 11:56:50 AM »
I just couldn't see it....I think it states distrust from the get go....I never even gave it thought in my marriage

Neither did I.  Apparently she did.  That's why next time, IF there is a next time, I'm protecting myself, my retirement, and my properties. 

Granted, that's a pretty big "if"!!!!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2007, 02:26:57 PM »

What are your thoughts on Prenups?

this sums it up quite nicely....

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
   If this be error and upon me proved,
   I never writ, nor no man ever loved

-- William Shakespeare

carpe` vaginum!

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2007, 12:58:19 PM »

this sums it up quite nicely....

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
   If this be error and upon me proved,
   I never writ, nor no man ever loved

-- William Shakespeare

......and when are you going to settle down and getting married, baby Toxie?

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2007, 05:23:20 PM »
pre-nups are awesome if, women make out like bandits in divorces. 

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2007, 05:58:07 PM »
pre-nups are awesome if, women make out like bandits in divorces. 

::)

No man has to worry about me attempting to "make out like a bandit"...If I were to ever sign a prenup it would be to ensure I retain *my* assets.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2007, 06:18:38 PM »
::)

No man has to worry about me attempting to "make out like a bandit"...If I were to ever sign a prenup it would be to ensure I retain *my* assets.

I hear ya there.

On a sad note, ...it appears Shaq is devastated. His wife has hid her assets from him.
That's one of the quickest ways to invalidate a pre-nup, ...by not fully disclosing all assets prior to entering into it, although usually it is the spouse with lesser assets who tries to invalidate based on non-disclosure.  :-\

I hope things work out amicably between them. They both seemed like pretty cool people to me.
w

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2007, 06:08:43 PM »

Here in CA, one doesn't have to disclose everything.  If you inherit money or land from your family, then that's untouchable by the other spouse, regardless of whether you disclosed its existence in the pre-nup. 

So long as the source can be traced - and in matters of inheritance, there's generally a substantial paper trail - you're fine.

I have to have a pre-nup, period.

mahg

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2007, 07:17:33 PM »
Love is love.

Money is money.

It's 2 different things that shouldn't be mixed together.

If I'm going to inherit a 3 million dollar house why should some girl be entitled to half of it?  ::)

No way!  >:(

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2007, 07:43:45 PM »
Love is love.

Money is money.

It's 2 different things that shouldn't be mixed together.

If I'm going to inherit a 3 million dollar house why should some girl be entitled to half of it?  ::)

No way!  >:(

You are going to inherit a three million dollar house?   :o

;D

:)

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2007, 08:11:41 PM »
You are going to inherit a three million dollar house?   :o
 ;D

I'll fight you for it...i mean for him :o

Lisa

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2007, 08:23:42 PM »

Lisa

;D

:)

mbell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2007, 11:27:39 AM »
I would never sign a prenup. It means to me that the person I would be marrying doesn't know me at all. I wouldn't take any man for his money, not my thing. Well unless he was unfaithful, that would be the only time I would want revenge!  ;)
M

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2007, 02:42:16 PM »
I would never sign a prenup. It means to me that the person I would be marrying doesn't know me at all. I wouldn't take any man for his money, not my thing. Well unless he was unfaithful, that would be the only time I would want revenge!  ;)

That little "unless" thing is subject to change I bet.

mahg

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2007, 03:00:43 PM »

Lisa

Get a little bit of money and you're suddenly Brad Pitt.  ::)

It is impossible to know what someone's thinking on the inside. I've seen people act one way in public, but are completely different deep down. Many times you only know about someone what they're willing to show you. People can conceal sides of themselves if they choose to. Every woman says "ohh I don't want the money" but when it comes down to it, it has been scientifically proven people act based on emotion and then justify it with logic. So when you have millions staring at you you're probably going to take it and then try to justify it "ohh he was an asshole I deserve the money".

That is why I feel if you get with some rich dude, be willing to sign a prenup to show him that your intentions are pure and genuine. Show him that you love him and not his money. "I would never sign a penup."

Lol I'm listening to Howard Stern about some beautiful chick who wrote on craigslist looking for a rich guy and a wealthy CEO responded to her saying that beauty in women is a depreciating asset and wealth in men is an appreciating asset and that a guy is better off leasing a woman instead of buying her. Hehehe. 8)