Author Topic: Anti Depressants - Are 60% of people on medication?  (Read 18970 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Anti Depressants - Are 60% of people on medication?
« on: April 09, 2012, 05:25:19 PM »
I realize people such as Schizophrenics and such need medication, but I think I saw on the news like 60% of people are now on Anti Depressants wtf? I had a car accident and they started giving them to me in the hospital without me knowing so I come out on them. I took my self off them they were depressing me. Is this just the drug manufacturers and doctors trying to make money off people I wasnt depressed.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Anti Depressants
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 05:35:01 PM »
I realize people such as Schizophrenics and such need medication, but I think I saw on the news like 60% of people are now on Anti Depressants wtf? I had a car accident and they started giving them to me in the hospital without me knowing so I come out on them. I took my self off them they were depressing me. Is this just the drug manufacturers and doctors trying to make money off people I wasnt depressed.

They just started giving you anti depressants in the hospital?

What's the law say about giving people drugs they don't consent to taking?  I know they drug people up in prison which I find disturbing and bizarre as hell.

MikMaq

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 05:43:49 PM »
I was almost put on them last year, turned out I had severe sleep apnea, stupid fucks nearly ruined my life. If I ended up on them Id still have it.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 05:48:34 PM »
I was almost put on them last year, turned out I had severe sleep apnea, stupid fucks nearly ruined my life. If I ended up on them Id still have it.

My problem is I sleep to fucking well....  :(

Hurts to wake up early every morning.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 05:50:17 PM »
They just started giving you anti depressants in the hospital?

What's the law say about giving people drugs they don't consent to taking?  I know they drug people up in prison which I find disturbing and bizarre as hell.
Yes when I got out they had me on them but never asked if I wanted them they were giving me pills each day I never knew one was a anti depressant so I got depressed when I got out and said wtf? So I weaned myself off them.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 05:53:00 PM »
Yes when I got out they had me on them but never asked if I wanted them they were giving me pills each day I never knew one was a anti depressant so I got depressed when I got out and said wtf? So I weaned myself off them.

Sorry you had to deal with that shit.  Hate this kind of fucked up stuff.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 06:12:37 PM »

That's piss poor practice.
The worst part is, they have extremely little recourse since you practically sign away your life when entering the hospital.

I knew a woman who received a knee-replacement. The doctor put a wrong size piece in the joint. The improper fit caused a piece of tendon to become trapped, leading to severe swelling and pain, while her knee became infected. The asshole doc would not properly test to diagnose the root of the issue, and no other surgeon would touch the problem until a full year had passed - something to do with liability reasons.
She had to live with that pain and misery for an entire year before having the problem diagnosed and corrected with a revision.

She looked into suing the first doctor, but no malpractice attorney wanted the challenge. They all basically told her she had no case.

MikMaq

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 06:15:43 PM »
How were you treated for the apnea?
Got the back of my throat cut out, tonsils too. But my case wasnt the norm, most folk get that shit from being too fat or old. It wasnt so much sleep apnea, as it was choking on my tonsils.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 06:21:19 PM »
Just dope everyone up so nobody feels anything any more. Can't ever feel sad, you must need an antidepressant. Oh that child has too much energy he must need adderol. Wtf! Obviously some people need medx I realize that

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 06:22:55 PM »

yes, doctors get paid for prescribing them... i think i have like 5 bottles of xanas ,atavan, bupropion ( or some shit like that, this was the latest thing the doc gave me)...and why? because during my visits the doctor asks me " well hows life", and i asnwer" the normal work related stress and all"

and the guy writes me for xanax and shit.. i never took even one pill of antidepressants, and will never do. even in my lowest times in life, where most people wouldve done 10x worse, i fought through it naturally...

those medicines fuck you up, and you get hooked for life

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 06:28:49 PM »
yes, doctors get paid for prescribing them... i think i have like 5 bottles of xanas ,atavan, bupropion ( or some shit like that, this was the latest thing the doc gave me)...and why? because during my visits the doctor asks me " well hows life", and i asnwer" the normal work related stress and all"

and the #### writes me for xanax and shit.. i never took even one pill of antidepressants, and will never do. even in my lowest times in life, where most people wouldve done 10x worse, i fought through it naturally...

Zanax is anti anxiety not antidepressants. I get your point, you don't fuck with any of it. Smart play, prescription medx abuse is a growing epidemic that needs to be delt with.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 06:45:19 PM »
fuck Anti Depressants, just start writing music. ;D
A

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2012, 07:11:29 PM »
was taking them, stopped though. in my particular case they werent very effective (i dont have any serotonin circulating, nor any nuerons capability of producing it, so the drugs cant take action). just gonna have to use will power to force my thought patterns in a more positive direction so that my brain will build the serotonergenic neurons that mirror that kind of state of mind.

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2012, 07:51:21 PM »

and the #### writes me for xanax and shit.. i never took even one pill of antidepressants, and will never do. even in my lowest times in life, where most people wouldve done 10x worse, i fought through it naturally...

Throw the xanax right in the trash where it belongs, evil shit !

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2012, 08:14:58 PM »
was taking them, stopped though. in my particular case they werent very effective (i dont have any serotonin circulating, nor any nuerons capability of producing it, so the drugs cant take action). just gonna have to use will power to force my thought patterns in a more positive direction so that my brain will build the serotonergenic neurons that mirror that kind of state of mind.
Ah, that explains your reliance on a father figure in the sky despite you knowing better to believe in such nonsense.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 08:50:44 PM »
Throw the xanax right in the trash where it belongs, evil shit if you lack self-control.
T

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 10:09:03 PM »
Schizophrenics and depression are two totally different things. Schizophrenics in most cases need some sort of drug to pretend to fit into the world. Anti depression meds are a whole different ball game. Google a study about the guy who did a study on anti depression meds and found out that they are no different than a placebo effect. He even had many doctors agreeing that they are basically useless for the majority of people. What they do is make your body/head feel different. And in most cases that's all depressed people want to feel. Different then what they are feeling. However the jig is up when it comes to chronic depression and anti-depression meds. You can't fool the chronically depressed with junk science.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2012, 10:13:44 PM »
The serotonin depression link is about to be blown apart in the next few years. What is about to gain some steam is the fact that the brain(which is fatty) can and does form plaque.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, 01:14:25 AM »

God you write some shit sometimes.

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2012, 01:22:16 AM »
Yah, was thinking the same.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 01:26:44 AM »

x3

no serotonin in the brain = clinical death

telling someone to think positive so that they brain makes more serotonin is like telling a crippled person to try standing up so that their spinal cord will heal... not that simple

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2012, 02:54:37 AM »
requiem for a dream

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2012, 05:14:46 AM »
Hahahaha yes at least it's not me after all!

Went to see my regular doc last week, as he told me to come back in 3 weeks to give him an update on my vision probs (have primary MS so have walking problems/double vision and shit - better than a lot of people so I thank God)

So I go in and tell him that visions been getting worse, and keep having some rib pain after training (didn't tell him I was pulling 5 plates off the floor without a belt - not good move for sympathy haha)

So he takes a form out of his drawer entitled - 'therapy for you' and says "Just fill this in, and hand it back to the receptionist - you never know when you are depressed or anxious - so it's worth giving it a try" He then tries to prescribe me Beta Blockers!!!! oh fuken brother!!!!! I was like "Why the fvck would I take that shit?"

He said "It may help you with motivation etc etc, not feeling down etc etc" - This pisses me off because I was upbeat in his office, never mentioned feeling down etc, i'm working full time/training 4-5 nights a week/still doing up the house....and to top it off i'd just finshed returfing the whole fuking back garden lol - MOTIVATION!

Imagine the amount of poor souls that have been misprescribed this shit and are now depressed as a result! its a joke for sure

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2012, 06:34:54 AM »

Read up on it, there is no control with it.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2012, 07:16:49 AM »
It is all very easy.

MONEY

DOcs get bonusses from the pharma companies for dealing out as much as possible of their tablets and getting people dependant on them.

Comps use this money to produce more and new meds and part also goes to fund 'scientific' research that show a big need or unfilled gap that this particular company is able to fill.

Making up need forms of ilness is a fail-proof way to sell your allready patented and ready for distribution new meds.

Attention order decease? My ass! Children are naturally interested in any and everything and thats simple darwinism but how would we sell all those shiny new meds if NOBODY has anything wrong with them? We will just MAKE UP and half-ass scientifically support our new meds that we will offer the more then willing population that is striving for PERFECTION.
Because perfection is what the big companies have been selling the population for the last 50 years: perfect house, dog, wife, health, neighbour, grass, bikini and everything else.

If 1 thing is NOT perfect....take some meds for it!

Easy money!
This ^^. If you complain about any mental problems or upset/emotional oh lets put you on this pill or that pill = money.