Author Topic: Robby Robinson... strange bodybuilder I have ever dealt with...  (Read 30353 times)

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
crybabies.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
Can't find the pics there. The blog link doesn't work.

He is a 61 year old man who has juiced for decades. Do you think he could maintain any type of physique without hormones?
He's still updating his site, but he used to have a forum like this on it and was always VERY honest. Admitted to juicing in his career but swore blind he was clean now. There were pics on the old one and a clip from his DVD on you tube showed him posing at 60 years old. You forget, he is a bodybuilder from the '70's - Didn't juice that much and thus can maintain a great 13 stone physique at 5 foot 8. Today's guys will never be able to look like Robby at 60+

Moosejay

He asked you for insulin and a syringe and you were worried? OK... carry on soldier.

PS. You might want to edit your original post and remove the words "insulin" and "syringe." The DEA may be watching this website.

What do you  mean by "carry on, soldier"?

Mike

Moosejay

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
As empty as paradise

Stark

• Getbig V
I thought his mental lethargy was an act.

I had hired Robby two times to guest pose at shows I have held here on the east coast, and I could regale you all with many stories related to this post's topic.

As I was driving him back to the airport, we were already pressed for time (due to him dragging his butt around and packing his stuff for seemingfly an etermity).

On the highway and with him in the back seat, he requested that we stop so he could relieve himself.

I told him, politely, that it'd be best that we wait unbtil the airport, did not want to hit traffic, we were late, etc.

Well, it was not long before he started huffing a puffing and sighing loudly.

Hinting...you know...so that I'd know that he had to take some col,ossal piss or something.

Well, he kept going on like this for a while.

Finally, i had to stop for the poor guy at a rest stop.

However, before i would electronically unlock the door, I leaned over the seat, looked him in the eye, and said, "Robby, if you are slow, you will miss your plane, and I will leave you at the airport.

And there went my "Childhood idol"...running through the airport, like OJ in those old Hertz commercials.

Herte's a better one:

He calls me and me and one of my judges for the show, who actually happens to be a lawyer:

Robby: "Hey man...you got any insulin, man?"

Me: ":Come again?"

RR: "You know, man. Insulin. And syringes..."

Me: "Ummm...errr...who IS THIS??!! Goodbye...I am hanging up!!!

I knew it was him. The bonehead calls me on a F-----g cell phone to ask for drugs (which I don't sell, give away, have, or anything like that).

To this day, I angrily think..."Rank and file, card-carrying member of 'Dumbasses, Incorporated' ".

My lawyer friend wanted to break his neck after receiving a similar call.

Anyone have comparable stories involving this "legend" or others?

Mike 

OMFG HAHAHHAHAH THAT IS WHY I LOVE THIS FORUM BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAH

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
That first story was devoid of anything that might make it atall pointworthy. 

Stark

• Getbig V
crybabies.

haha I totally agree :D

With one post he has destroyed some wet dreams of a view getbiggers hahaha

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Smoking weed for over 40 years that brain has been fried from quiet sometime.

Imagine him and the Barbarians brothers in "SuperBAd II".

There goes your b.b legend

WOOOOOSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

JimmyThomson

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Robby has always been dumb. If you watch pumping iron you will see Lou posing with a Cheetah. That animal was brough in by Ben Weider so that he could film some bestiality scenes with the bodybuilders. Most bodybuilders were too smart to get involved but guess who was dumb enough to agree to it? Yes Robby was. In the pumping iron 25th anniversary extra scenes you see Robby performing a squirming drug induced dance at the after show party and I can tell you now that his squirming moves were caused by his buttocks being sore after the Cheetah scratched them while mounting him. 
Master of the Masters.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Robby Robinson was and is one of the true legends of Bodybuilding and had a physique that was easily in the top 3 of all time. Considering the incredible shape he is STILL in at 61 years of age, I very much doubt that he ever took insulin OR very much of anything else.

Hard to say what he did or did not do in terns of drugs just by looking at him. Ken Sprague teachees with me in the same school and siad he enjoyed working with Robby. The sport is pretty small overall and if a guy has a bad day, the story makes the rounds, etc.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

omg

• Getbig III
  • Maybe we all just havent figured it out yet
I believe it's more like 180 nowadays..tops...that was the weight he competed at I believe.

he looks like he is covered in dust?

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
So he is least intelligent than Ronnie......

Is that even possible?

woosshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
Robby Robinson was and is one of the true legends of Bodybuilding and had a physique that was easily in the top 3 of all time. Considering the incredible shape he is STILL in at 61 years of age, I very much doubt that he ever took insulin OR very much of anything else.
Agreed. By the by, when you accuse someone of being "the least intelligent", your thread shouldn't look like it was written by a sixth grader.  :)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Agreed. By the by, when you accuse someone of being "the least intelligent", your thread shouldn't look like it was written by a sixth grader.  :)

When a "sixth grader" finds you the least intelligent  ,then something is  fuck*ng wrong with you!!

WOOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
I love the post where the guy says Robby Lawyers will be in touch....he probably has them waiting on retainer for blogging lawsuits

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
I love the post where the guy says Robby Lawyers will be in touch....he probably has them waiting on retainer for blogging lawsuits

Not just any lawyers... Pre-paid lawyers.
a

Rudee

• Getbig V
When you type
In sentences like this
it is you
who looks
like an idiot.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
[/b]

had a physique that was easily top 3 of all time'? wow you're stupid.

he's in great shape at 60, competed as a top flight pro bber from the 70s right up to the 90s but you don't think he ever took insulin or 'much of anythig else'?

LATS

• Getbig IV
I HAVE TO AGREE.. trev if you think that robbie did not take large amounts in his heyday you are sadly mistaken.. did he take slin?.. yes.. did he take large amounts of anabolics?.. yes..  guys from padilla to coe are starting to admit that now.. they did not know the side effects back then of taking large amounts of orals ect..  look, robbie is trying to protect his image and that is fine.. but, he is not telling you the whole truth.. why should he ?.. and as far as the way he looks now.. show me a guy at over 60 who can produce enougfh naturally occuring hormones at that age to still have a physique like that.. he is at the very least using hrt.. at the very least..

hifrommike

• Getbig III
Everybody has nasty stories to tell about BBs.  Some of the worst are about Arnold himself.  Robby has nasty stories to tell about others as well.  Supposedly Joe Weider stole the image of Robby's body for that cross-arm artist's rendering of Weider used in countless copies of Weider publications.

http://www.musclememory.com/show.php?a=Robinson,+Robby

qiniz

• Getbig II
big ass legs in that last pic.....

hasnt mikethamachine replied yet???

Audioslave

• Getbig III
I guess I'd be worried about someone asking me for insulin, except... uh... it isn't illegal.

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
Anyone have a buckwheat photo handy?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Everybody has nasty stories to tell about BBs.  Some of the worst are about Arnold himself.  Robby has nasty stories to tell about others as well.  Supposedly Joe Weider stole the image of Robby's body for that cross-arm artist's rendering of Weider used in countless copies of Weider publications.

http://www.musclememory.com/show.php?a=Robinson,+Robby

Robbie told a story about a party where Arnold started chanting, "down with the blacks!" when Robbie walked in LOL