Author Topic: True Arnold Story Probably New To Most Of You  (Read 4419 times)

Moosejay

True Arnold Story Probably New To Most Of You
« on: December 25, 2007, 08:41:07 AM »
Noiw...I will not mention the pro whom this involves...you can figure that out for yourself.

Years ago, when Arnie lived in one of those Santa Monica apts. where the stairs whgere on the outside of the building, said bb champion was walking across the parking lot, approaching Arnold's apt.

As he was approaching (he is jewish) Arnold thought it humorous to play on a loudspeaker, into the parking lot, one of the "heil Hitler) (Forgive my spelling) songs, which greatly offended the jewish champion.

Well, our jewish behemoth slowly bascended the stairs, wlked into A';s house, slowly approached the radio, and ceremoniously clicked off the song.

He looked at Arnold, ever so evenly, and said:

"Look, Arnold. When I played football, I used to go against a guy named Ernie Ladd. He was 6'8" tall, and I would knock him on his ass, every play.

"Don't EVER play that shit around me again (he nmay not have said the word 'shit')-you get my drift.

And that was that.

Many of you know that with Arnold , he tests you to see if he will respect you.

If you grovel, he will not r5espect you. If you stand up to him, he checks himself.

Anyone who has been aroiund for any length of time knows stories like these are true (Like Joelocal et al).

Mike

PS: When I return from my parent's houyse, I have an even better story told to me aboiut Arnold and Franco, straight from Frank Zane.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
Re: True Arnold Story Probably New To Most Of You
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 08:46:38 AM »
He said lots of shit to everyone - racist stuff to RR, small man jokes to Colombu. The guy is Mike Katz in this one.

He certainly didn't have a problem working with the Jew Weider.
O

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 09:14:20 AM »
It is a good story and new to me.  I have to ask...

-What is a "heil Hitler" song?  Was it the anthem of the 3rd Reich?  Must be something that their generation would recognize while mine probably wouldn't.

- Why did Arnold have a recording of it?  Spooky.  All this "Arnold likes to test you" stuff is fine, but why did he have a copy of some anti-semitic song?  Hard to believe he would carry it around just to goodnaturedly "test" Jewish people.

- If Arnold was such a prick, why was Katz at his apartment?  Half the time the guys from the 70s seem like best buds, half the time bitter enemies.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 09:20:21 AM »
No idea what a 'heil Hitler' song is either..but it's pretty well known that Arnold was very charming and witty but sometimes his humor was very cutting and savage. He has mercilessly teased just about everyone at some point.

His father was, of course, a Nazi..Not that Arnold is an anti-Semite. He wouldn't have been as successful at bodybuilding, films and politics if he was..no way when you consider the important role that Jews have in all those industries.
O

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 09:26:32 AM »
Was the guy in London Jewish too?  Might be on to something here...

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 09:48:12 AM »
No idea what a 'heil Hitler' song is either..but it's pretty well known that Arnold was very charming and witty but sometimes his humor was very cutting and savage. He has mercilessly teased just about everyone at some point.

His father was, of course, a Nazi..Not that Arnold is an anti-Semite. He wouldn't have been as successful at bodybuilding, films and politics if he was..no way when you consider the important role that Jews have in all those industries.
Hmm. Maybe it was the Horst Wessel song, Lili Marleen, or just Wagner.   

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2007, 09:51:56 AM »

most people will overlook or ignore anything if it makes them $$$, especially in movies and politics where so much power and money are at stake.

Moosejay

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2007, 09:55:50 AM »
It is a good story and new to me.  I have to ask...

-What is a "heil Hitler" song?  Was it the anthem of the 3rd Reich?  Must be something that their generation would recognize while mine probably wouldn't.

- Why did Arnold have a recording of it?  Spooky.  All this "Arnold likes to test you" stuff is fine, but why did he have a copy of some anti-semitic song?  Hard to believe he would carry it around just to goodnaturedly "test" Jewish people.

- If Arnold was such a prick, why was Katz at his apartment?  Half the time the guys from the 70s seem like best buds, half the time bitter enemies.

#1: Did not say it was katz :)

#2: Because they all wanted to be around Arnie anyway...he was the best and they figured being belittled by him was better than living in ignonimity

Moosejay

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2007, 09:57:01 AM »

Hell...I don't know...it was some kind of anti-semetic Hitler song...call it what you will...I think you know what I mean.

Moosejay

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2007, 09:57:46 AM »
Was the guy in London Jewish too?  Might be on to something here...

Don't know to whom you refer

Moosejay

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2007, 09:58:27 AM »
most people will overlook or ignore anything if it makes them $$$, especially in movies and politics where so much power and money are at stake.

Your words ring true

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2007, 11:29:30 AM »
Arnold has made hundreds of anti-Semitic, racist and sexist jokes in his time. I think most that know him well probably don't take it as seriously as most.
O

Moosejay

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2007, 12:38:00 PM »
Arnold has made hundreds of anti-Semitic, racist and sexist jokes in his time. I think most that know him well probably don't take it as seriously as most.

Yes, he even said once, while running for gov.; "Look, I screwed it, shot it, snorted it, drank it and smoked it. What more do you want from me?"

Mike

Moosejay

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2007, 12:47:36 PM »
Id like to see when and where he said this:

Although I paraphrased this, he did state a very similar line when being queried by a member of the press during his  gov. run. He did have tongue semi-firmly in cheek.

Mike

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2007, 01:01:13 PM »
bottom line hes done only good for the people and sport and i doubt hes a anti semite

Moosejay

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2007, 01:02:33 PM »
bottom line hes done only good for the people and sport and i doubt hes a anti semite

Agreed.

Mike

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2007, 01:09:21 PM »

maybe he likes nazism?
tank u jesus

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2007, 01:16:49 PM »
Don't know to whom you refer

Wag Bennett.?

Moosejay

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2007, 01:19:35 PM »
Wag Bennett.?

Unsure if Jew, but he and wife Diane did nothing but help A.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2007, 01:20:45 PM »
Just because Arnold's father was a Nazi doesn't mean he has anything against Jews.

My great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather going back another 60 times actually killed Jesus and I don't have anything against Christians.

Jesus Slayer
BigNationRadio.com

Moosejay

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2007, 01:23:28 PM »
Just because Arnold's father was a Nazi doesn't mean he has anything against Jews.

My great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather going back another 60 times actually killed Jesus and I don't have anything against Christians.

Jesus Slayer

For the record...I never said he had something against jews per se.

It was simply a story where he inappropriately aired a Nazi song in affront to a Jewish bb

Moosejay

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2007, 01:26:22 PM »
He said lots of shit to everyone - racist stuff to RR, small man jokes to Colombu. The guy is Mike Katz in this one.

He certainly didn't have a problem working with the Jew Weider.

There is a story where Dave Dupre had to be held back from making A eat his own teeth after an "All blacks are stupid" type statement.

And Dupre was one big sucker who could have and would have done it.

Mike

JimmyThomson

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2007, 02:28:40 PM »
Katz was a Pussy. I bought him a Ham sandwich back in 71 and told him I would be offended if he didn't eat it. He ate it.
I think that speaks volumes even though I was considered a completely mental hard ass back in them days.....
Master of the Masters.

Moosejay

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2007, 04:20:44 PM »
Katz was a Pussy. I bought him a Ham sandwich back in 71 and told him I would be offended if he didn't eat it. He ate it.
I think that speaks volumes even though I was considered a completely mental hard ass back in them days.....

"Katz was a pussy?"

And to think, "Mr. Scotland", I just lauded you for your purported accolades on another thread.

You are just another faceless, nameless individual, slated to eventually be forgotten along with the rest of us.

Haven't you anything good to say?

Or, in your 'country', is being a 'pussy' a good thing?

I really want to know. I'd rather be your comrade.

Mike

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2007, 04:23:12 PM »
Moosejay you really hang on to the past don't you?  Future got ya scared?  Scared of gettin old?  Scared of dyin?