Author Topic: Ryan: "I just don’t understand" battleships/bayonets reference  (Read 224 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
does this dope realise there are no battleships left in the navy  :D :D

From Politico:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/82742.html

Paul Ryan said in an interview that aired Tuesday that he “just doesn’t understand” the reference President Barack Obama made to bayonets in Monday night’s presidential debate, while Vice President Biden insisted the final face off revealed that the former Massachusetts governor isn’t fit to be Commander in Chief.

“To compare modern American battleships and Navy with bayonets, I just don’t understand that comparison,” the GOP vice presidential nominee said on CBS “This Morning,” according to a transcript.

-snip-

“Look, we have to have a strong Navy to keep peace and prosperity and sea lanes open,” Ryan said on “This Morning.” “The president’s— all these defense cuts, if all these defense cuts go through, our Navy will be smaller than it was before World War I. That’s not acceptable. And, yes, the ocean hasn’t shrunk. You still have to have enough ships to have a footprint that you need to keep sea lanes open, to keep our strength abroad where it needs to be.”

In a separate interview on “Today,” Ryan said he didn’t support a coming round of defense cuts, even though he supported the 2011 budget deal that led to the sequester.