Author Topic: delusions of grandeur  (Read 3085 times)

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
delusions of grandeur
« on: March 25, 2006, 07:41:35 PM »
I was reading an ole MD article when i was sitting on the throne earlier today.  It was the article about Flex Wheelers trials and tribulations.  I came across this interesting quote from the writer

"Everywhere I go with Flex he's recognized.  Everyone wants their picture with him."

This is when they were walkin around NYC.  I don't believe this for a second.  Of course at a fitness show or convention people will know who he is, but very very few people would recognize him let alone know he who is among the general people.  Especially now when he is no longer a roided out monster.  He woud just be another black guy walking down the street.  I bet many hardcore BB fans could walk right by him on the street and not do a double take.

Valhalla awaits.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: delusions of grandeur
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 08:00:43 PM »
I was reading an ole MD article when i was sitting on the throne earlier today.  It was the article about Flex Wheelers trials and tribulations.  I came across this interesting quote from the writer

"Everywhere I go with Flex he's recognized.  Everyone wants their picture with him."

This is when they were walkin around NYC.  I don't believe this for a second.  Of course at a fitness show or convention people will know who he is, but very very few people would recognize him let alone know he who is among the general people.  Especially now when he is no longer a roided out monster.  He woud just be another black guy walking down the street.  I bet many hardcore BB fans could walk right by him on the street and not do a double take.

I saw FLEX at the NPC nationals walking around and  yes, many folks do come up to him at BODYBUILING events.
I would say that the MD article means  "recognized", in THAT context.
Both FLEX and Kevin Lavronne looked lean and fit and smaller of course, but not sure about FLEX and his kidney trouble
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 08:44:34 PM »

Maybe they were in gay side of NYC?  Didn't he have a gay clientele?
HAHA, RON.....

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 09:29:24 PM »

You read this one easy.  Flex in his current condition looks fairly pedestrian, esp in NYC.

Perhaps a few people might recognize him, but on the street even that is a reach.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 09:47:14 PM »
Anyone have any recent pics of him?How much size has he lost after his kidney transplant?

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 12:34:03 AM »
hes 5'9' for one, and also he is not very big.  nothing out of the ordinary at least from pics i have seen.  nothing that would make you take a double take
Valhalla awaits.

Rowtogrow

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 04:40:17 AM »
Damn I thought this was about 240 or Adonis :-\

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 06:05:24 AM »
You read this one easy.  Flex in his current condition looks fairly pedestrian, esp in NYC.

Perhaps a few people might recognize him, but on the street even that is a reach.

DIV

Especially here in NYC. Actual famous people are a dime a dozen here and are generally left alone. I doubt flex would get a second look.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 07:24:29 AM »

Flex himself made some comments like that in his book, like he said when he called 911 the he said his name was Flex Wheeler and the operator said the Bodybuilder. 

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 08:04:46 AM »
I saw FLEX at the NPC nationals walking around and  yes, many folks do come up to him at BODYBUILING events.

ditto

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 08:07:03 AM »

Maybe they were fan of Flex?

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 08:22:08 AM »
Flex himself made some comments like that in his book, like he said when he called 911 the he said his name was Flex Wheeler and the operator said the Bodybuilder. 

Hahahahahahaha...that sounds likely ::) I thought Flex overcame his delusions sometime after the carjacking.