Author Topic: PDI Lineup v. Olympia  (Read 4677 times)

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
PDI Lineup v. Olympia
« on: March 27, 2006, 12:53:21 PM »
If the lineup included the following bodybuilders, would you rather see this PDI show or the Olympia?

Gunter S
Kevin Levrone
Chris Cormier
Lee Priest
Milos Sarcev
Gary Strydom
Vince Taylor
Toney Freeman
Mustafa Mohammed
King Kamali
Idris Ward-El
Jason Arntz
Stan McCrary
Aaron Maddron
Vinny Galanti
and
Jack "Rhino" London

Special "Speculator" Ed

BigNationRadio.com

ether

• Getbig IV
Re: PDI Lineup v. Olympia
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 12:55:25 PM »
Hmm...let me think about that one for a second.

Coleman, Cutler, Jackson, Baddell, Warren, Martinez = Olympia

Olympia

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 12:57:10 PM »
Hmm...let me think about that one for a second.

Coleman, Cutler, Jackson, Baddell, Warren, Martinez = Olympia
Hey! How is it possible that you already know the order of finish?!! Something fishy going on here...

Special "Grassy Knoll" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 01:01:23 PM »
You can argue that the Olympia results are always predictable, I would be the first one to support you there...because I can't stand seeing the same guy win 10 yrs in a row.

BUT, that being said, why would I care to watch the second tier guys battle it out for first place of a PDI contest when they'd be battling for 10th place at the olympia?

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 01:09:00 PM »
The same reasons you'd rather watch Agassi v. Sampras in the 2006 US Open Final than Federer v. Anyone.

You don't care that they're no longer the best, it's going to be a great match and you don't know who's going to win!

Special "30-Love" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 01:19:35 PM »
The Olympia is boring.  Same guys in the top 10 mostly.  The same winner for 8 years.  Can it get anymore boring. 

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 02:06:08 PM »
 I would rather watch the PDI show, but who is to say that the PDI wont become just as predictable as the IFBB? We really should wait and see.

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 02:50:37 PM »
The Olympia is boring.  Same guys in the top 10 mostly.  The same winner for 8 years.  Can it get anymore boring. 

Yeah, it can.

Eliminate the top 9 guys and you have the PDI contest.

lonewolf

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 03:05:57 PM »
I've got a great idea. How about we just eliminate all competitions and have all of you
assholes constantly demean everyone and everything related to contests , lineups
promoters etc...get the idea?

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 03:31:08 PM »
I wouldn't watch either one, but I hope the PDI happens just because it'll create all kinds of chaos and make for some entertaining threads around here.

More Choas would be great.

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 03:32:48 PM »
I've got a great idea. How about we just eliminate all competitions and have all of you
assholes constantly demean everyone and everything related to contests , lineups
promoters etc...get the idea?

No, how about we just keep bashing the PDI until they put a pro show together and then watch the anarchy unfold if it actually is a success!!!

More Chaos is definitely a good thing for this "sport"

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 03:50:56 PM »

Which year(s) shouldn't Ronnie have won? You speak as if he didn't deserve to win.

maybe 1 year we can have a disagreement about. For the others Ronnie was the clear winner. Don't blame him because he has to compete against inferior people.
Here comes the money shot

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2006, 03:53:42 PM »

Which year(s) shouldn't Ronnie have won? You speak as if he didn't deserve to win.

maybe 1 year we can have a disagreement about. For the others Ronnie was the clear winner. Don't blame him because he has to compete against inferior people.

exactly. If Ronnie had lost 6 of the last 8 everyone would be complaining he was robbed ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 10:59:32 PM »
I agree.
BigNationRadio.com

LifterChick

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2006, 08:08:02 AM »
Umm the lineup should read... 

PDI
Jack London

Olympia
Everybody else

Until the IFBB has to make a decison about enforcing their rules about banning competitors for jumping ship and until we actually see a PRO jump PDI is only Jack London.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2006, 10:48:21 AM »
The one good thing about the O this year will be the battle for 2nd. place.  Dex, Cutler or Baddell?
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2006, 11:40:02 AM »
Umm the lineup should read... 

PDI
Jack London

Olympia
Everybody else

Until the IFBB has to make a decison about enforcing their rules about banning competitors for jumping ship and until we actually see a PRO jump PDI is only Jack London.

Now honsetly do you think Wayne would spend all this time, spend thousands and thousands of dollars, have 6 shows in Europe scheduled a few here this year and allot more next year if he didn't haveany competitors.  God will you be surprised.  Just because no one has come forward?  Wayne knows and is friends with many many many many many current IFBB competitors and past, he has a phone and he uses email, do you honestly think he is not contacting people.  Honestly, I don't know how you people survive.  NiceRack, I have decided to have you be my assistant.  When I get ready to go to Europe I will call you.  I really want to help you see the real picture.  You have that dreaded diease IFBBolitis but we might have caught it in time.  Hope so.  As for Chic he is doomed.  Luckily he has a backup plan in Hollywood.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2006, 11:44:28 AM »
  As for Chic he is doomed.  Luckily he has a backup plan in Hollywood.

yeah, luckily there are 3rd tier sitcoms like Malcom in the Middle always in need of cameo guys for $60 a day!

LifterChick

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2006, 11:57:51 AM »
Now honsetly do you think Wayne would spend all this time, spend thousands and thousands of dollars, have 6 shows in Europe scheduled a few here this year and allot more next year if he didn't haveany competitors.  God will you be surprised.  Just because no one has come forward?  Wayne knows and is friends with many many many many many current IFBB competitors and past, he has a phone and he uses email, do you honestly think he is not contacting people.  Honestly, I don't know how you people survive.  NiceRack, I have decided to have you be my assistant.  When I get ready to go to Europe I will call you.  I really want to help you see the real picture.  You have that dreaded diease IFBBolitis but we might have caught it in time.  Hope so.  As for Chic he is doomed.  Luckily he has a backup plan in Hollywood.

Free trip to Europe  :D

I am not above eating my words when I am proven wrong.  I am sitting here in the dark and the only things I here about the PDI are from You, Insider Z, Garreth and 240.  Now Garreth and 240 are posting nothing but rhetoric and hate against the athletes and the IFBB. As much as Rob has been helpful to me on other topics his passion in this matter makes me take everything he says with a grain of salt.  I would be so much happier if there was an official site that I could get answers, names, dates, etc  for.  Tell whomever is doing the PDI website to get on with it already.

btw I do fetch a mean cup of coffee, with sugar if you ask nicely  ;)