Author Topic: Liberals= whimpering cowards in the face of Islam  (Read 5486 times)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Liberals= whimpering cowards in the face of Islam
« on: September 23, 2012, 04:24:06 PM »
SOURCE: NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE

Please, No More Apologies For Free Speech
By Victor Davis Hanson

September 23, 2012 7:07 P.M.

This week amid the theatrics at the United Nations, let us hope that President Obama and his lieutenants do not persist with the ongoing administration de facto apologies for the views of a crude American filmmaker, and instead try to explain to the world the singular American commitment to free expression, which always eventually proves to be a commitment to unpopular and often repelling expression.

What has been especially galling about Secretary of Clinton’s chronic hedging, and the apologies aired on Pakistani television, are—other than the abject fear of Islamists— two salient facts. One, the Middle East — not its individuals, but its official government-sponsored and subsidized television, radio, press, and film — routinely demonizes and defames Christians, Jews, and Americans in the worst sort of way. Let us be spared from the sanctimonious boilerplate, for example, from a Prime Minister Erdogan, who has presided over a surge of Turkish anti-Semitic, anti-Christian, and anti-American television shows and popular films, many of them with the de facto aid of the Turkish government.

Apparently leaders of the Islamic world present a non-negotiable demand to the West that they be given a blank check for their governments to defame Jews, Christians, and Americans, but the United States must condemn any private individual who, quite apart from the knowledge of the U.S. government, does the same to Muslims. That is the issue, and anything less than an unapologetic defense of free speech is not only a betrayal of our Constitution, but a very dangerous concession that will only incite more violence in the near future. Unfortunately, Western hedging, appeasement, and apologies to theocrats and authoritarians have never won gratitude, but instead such magnanimity is seen as either weakness to be exploited or proof all along that the apologizer admits culpability and will do so again in the future — a fact well known to history’s thugs, big and small, whether Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Osama bin Laden, or Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Second, Muslim outrage over an amateurish trailer for a probably non-existent video coincides with an ongoing hit Broadway play ridiculing the Mormon Church, the reappearance of the once government-subsidized Piss Christ photos, and so on. When the administration apologizes for the excess of a private individual, but ignores condemnation of far more widely disseminated similar venom, some of it sponsored by the U.S. government, it is making a policy statement — we dare not tamper with free speech unless it touches upon Islam, not out of principle but because of sheer cowardice.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Liberals= whimpering cowards in the face of Islam
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 04:30:34 PM »
Lol.  There is not even a movie! 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 04:35:26 PM »
where are these apologies that Repubs are bitching about

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 04:54:15 PM »

[/quo

LOl.  Typical. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 06:18:27 PM »
SOURCE: NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE

Please, No More Apologies For Free Speech
By Victor Davis Hanson

September 23, 2012 7:07 P.M.

This week amid the theatrics at the United Nations, let us hope that President Obama and his lieutenants do not persist with the ongoing administration de facto apologies for the views of a crude American filmmaker, and instead try to explain to the world the singular American commitment to free expression, which always eventually proves to be a commitment to unpopular and often repelling expression.

What has been especially galling about Secretary of Clinton’s chronic hedging, and the apologies aired on Pakistani television, are—other than the abject fear of Islamists— two salient facts. One, the Middle East — not its individuals, but its official government-sponsored and subsidized television, radio, press, and film — routinely demonizes and defames Christians, Jews, and Americans in the worst sort of way. Let us be spared from the sanctimonious boilerplate, for example, from a Prime Minister Erdogan, who has presided over a surge of Turkish anti-Semitic, anti-Christian, and anti-American television shows and popular films, many of them with the de facto aid of the Turkish government.

Apparently leaders of the Islamic world present a non-negotiable demand to the West that they be given a blank check for their governments to defame Jews, Christians, and Americans, but the United States must condemn any private individual who, quite apart from the knowledge of the U.S. government, does the same to Muslims. That is the issue, and anything less than an unapologetic defense of free speech is not only a betrayal of our Constitution, but a very dangerous concession that will only incite more violence in the near future. Unfortunately, Western hedging, appeasement, and apologies to theocrats and authoritarians have never won gratitude, but instead such magnanimity is seen as either weakness to be exploited or proof all along that the apologizer admits culpability and will do so again in the future — a fact well known to history’s thugs, big and small, whether Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Osama bin Laden, or Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Second, Muslim outrage over an amateurish trailer for a probably non-existent video coincides with an ongoing hit Broadway play ridiculing the Mormon Church, the reappearance of the once government-subsidized Piss Christ photos, and so on. When the administration apologizes for the excess of a private individual, but ignores condemnation of far more widely disseminated similar venom, some of it sponsored by the U.S. government, it is making a policy statement — we dare not tamper with free speech unless it touches upon Islam, not out of principle but because of sheer cowardice.

Do you really expect the Obama regime to do any of this? They'd love to crush the first amendment if they could get with it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 06:22:23 PM »

Dude - you are fucking whacked out beyond words.   Obama, misery and kenyan shit be upon him, has been on a worldwide kneepad and apology tour since day 1 of his treasonous presidency 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2012, 06:23:45 PM »
Dude - you are fucking whacked out beyond words.   Obama, misery and kenyan shit be upon him, has been on a worldwide kneepad and apology tour since day 1 of his treasonous presidency 

He's just a partisan asshole. A perfect sheeple retard. Arguably one of, if not THE, dumbest people posting on this board.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2012, 07:19:52 PM »
repeating a simple question

where is the apology ?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2012, 08:09:04 PM »
repeating a simple question

where is the apology ?

The apology is explaining anything at all. We don't need to state that those beliefs aren't the greater beliefs of our entire nation. Shit, we don't owe them shit. I say hand all of their ambassadors their passports and tell them to get the fuck out. I'd tell all US citizens living abroad, do so at your own risk, and reign in our influence abroad, in essence become isolationists. If, after this, they fuck around and blow up shit in America, we fucking carpet bomb that place until it makes what we did to Dresden and Nagasaki look like a firecracker.

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2012, 08:14:11 PM »
The apology is explaining anything at all. We don't need to state that those beliefs aren't the greater beliefs of our entire nation. Shit, we don't owe them shit. I say hand all of their ambassadors their passports and tell them to get the fuck out. I'd tell all US citizens living abroad, do so at your own risk, and reign in our influence abroad, in essence become isolationists. If, after this, they fuck around and blow up shit in America, we fucking carpet bomb that place until it makes what we did to Dresden and Nagasaki look like a firecracker.

;D

Your post was very amusing.  Did I just apologize?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 03:08:42 AM »

Ill spell it out to you. As a President/Government official you have responsibility for the country and its citizens at home and abroad. It doesnt stop at your trailor park. Hope this helps.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 05:28:49 AM »
Ill spell it out to you. As a President/Government official you have responsibility for the country and its citizens at home and abroad. It doesnt stop at your trailor park. Hope this helps.

Lol at trailer park you tool. Like I said, there is no need to explain anything to those people, but I do say you are correct about having a responsibility to our citizens abroad, but it only needs to be to ducats them on the dangers of being in those third world shitholes. Other than that, they're on their own if they choose o be in a warzone/unfriendly area. I went to Italy and Germany last year for my honeymoon because they are safe places and Americans are tolerated. I wanted to go to Turkey this year, but won't because I know there is going to be major blowback in Islamic countries. I don't know why you type of people think that our values and freedom of speech apply to the rest of the world. Quit living in your vaacum, it's a fucked up place out there.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 05:59:05 AM »
Lol at trailer park you tool. Like I said, there is no need to explain anything to those people, but I do say you are correct about having a responsibility to our citizens abroad, but it only needs to be to ducats them on the dangers of being in those third world shitholes. Other than that, they're on their own if they choose o be in a warzone/unfriendly area. I went to Italy and Germany last year for my honeymoon because they are safe places and Americans are tolerated. I wanted to go to Turkey this year, but won't because I know there is going to be major blowback in Islamic countries. I don't know why you type of people think that our values and freedom of speech apply to the rest of the world. Quit living in your vaacum, it's a fucked up place out there.

The middle East sure is a shithole thats for sure.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 06:09:27 AM »
He's just a partisan asshole. A perfect sheeple retard. Arguably one of, if not THE, dumbest people posting on this board.
This shit is just hilarious..

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2012, 06:21:40 AM »

It is - Obama and Hillary lying and apologizing on the world stage in their world kneepad tour is a laugh riot all around. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2012, 09:54:41 AM »
That nutbag Ahmadinejad is in New York and just denounced the film trailer

From the standards set by braindead Repubs we can now include him as apologizing for the film as well

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 09:59:24 AM »
That nutbag Ahmadinejad is in New York and just denounced the film trailer

From the standards set by braindead Repubs we can now include him as apologizing for the film as well

No - we can say Obama Hillary and machmud are BFF's. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 10:00:42 AM »
No - we can say Obama Hillary and machmud are BFF's. 

you might as well

it makes no more sense then anything else you've said in this thread or most any other one

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 10:03:04 AM »
you might as well

it makes no more sense then anything else you've said in this thread or most any other one

Can you please post the actual movie here please? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2012, 10:11:08 AM »
Can you please post the actual movie here please? 

???

what does that have to do with the ridiculous statements you just made

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2012, 10:12:24 AM »
???

what does that have to do with the ridiculous statements you just made

You mean the lies by obama over a movie that might not even exist asshole? 

Post the movie please. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2012, 01:10:32 PM »

Mr. Obama Ron Paul supporter to the rescue.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2012, 01:21:19 PM »
You mean the lies by obama over a movie that might not even exist asshole? 

Post the movie please. 

what were Obama's lies?

wasn't it only a trailer to a movie that's got these muslim fundies burning down their own towns ?