Author Topic: Q&A with IFBB Pro Vinny Galanti  (Read 114004 times)

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
Re: Q&A with IFBB Pro Vinny Galanti
« Reply #200 on: April 02, 2009, 06:46:08 AM »
Hey Vinnie,
  Best of luck in whichever show or shows you decide on this year.  I thought of you when I was in Jersey City the other day re our leg workouts back at Sonny's Gym.
Please send my regards to your lovely wife.
Harley

yeah i''ll never forget that , that was a killer workout.

ANIMAL

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #201 on: April 02, 2009, 06:47:32 AM »
Vinny,

What is the best chest exercise in your opinion? Thanks

most like the bench, but i think it sucks....lol

i love all dumbbell work.

and to get a great pump.....cable cross overs
ANIMAL

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: April 02, 2009, 07:40:04 AM »
Thanks, Vin man!!!!! How is your training coming along??? Any updates????

Thanks for keeping it real!!!

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #203 on: April 02, 2009, 10:39:47 AM »
Thanks, Vin man!!!!! How is your training coming along??? Any updates????

Thanks for keeping it real!!!

6 weeks to new york 202
ANIMAL

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: April 02, 2009, 01:31:37 PM »

6 weeks to new york 202
Awesome...... How much cardio???? What type of cardio???

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: April 06, 2009, 01:21:24 PM »
Vinny,

What is your take on the deadlift? Do you currently use this exercise in you routine? Did you use it in the past? Thanks in advance.

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #206 on: April 06, 2009, 06:11:44 PM »
Awesome...... How much cardio???? What type of cardio???

just the treadmill
ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #207 on: April 06, 2009, 08:11:32 PM »
hey vin that side lateral and 20 rep leg press are recent no?if so great size and fullness at this point and looking hard ,if u nail it .i'm banking on a great placing .competition is tough but u have all the right things in spades.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #208 on: April 26, 2009, 09:22:28 AM »
Vinny Galanti's guestposing on April 25th.http://www.rxmuscle.com/rxgallery.php?contest=21&year=18&bodybuilder=781
looks really good!

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #209 on: April 26, 2009, 02:10:18 PM »
Vinny Galanti's guestposing on April 25th.http://www.rxmuscle.com/rxgallery.php?contest=21&year=18&bodybuilder=781
looks really good!

thanks for posting the picture....damn i need a tan...lol

i will be competing this coming saturday, making my pro debut at the pittsburgh pro 202.
ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #210 on: April 27, 2009, 07:21:42 AM »
alright vin good luck,we're pulling for ya,that's what this thread is for.

Has Beens

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #211 on: April 28, 2009, 05:10:37 AM »
Wow !  I honestly think this is the best you have ever looked. Good luck !

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #212 on: April 28, 2009, 06:50:51 PM »
Wow !  I honestly think this is the best you have ever looked. Good luck !

thank you.....if i can crack top 5 in my first pro show...happy camper.
ANIMAL

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: April 28, 2009, 07:01:10 PM »
vinny what was your diet like? and what foods did u eat on your last cheat day? also
when is the dvd gonna be ready??? your fans are waiting!

btw-looking crazy in thatpic-u look reallly good...wishing u the best of luck!
w

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #214 on: April 30, 2009, 03:02:38 PM »
vinny what was your diet like? and what foods did u eat on your last cheat day? also
when is the dvd gonna be ready??? your fans are waiting!

btw-looking crazy in thatpic-u look reallly good...wishing u the best of luck!

dave palumbo guides me with the diet, the zero carb / protein and fat combo work well on me.
i normally do a cheat day on sunday, not a cheat meal......but this past weekend it was just one cheat meal, a nice juicy cheese burger and fries.

all in all, my calories were lower and only did cardio about 3x a week.....i'm coming in bigger and fuller, and gained about 5lbs since the masters win last year.

i found that eating less, and not as much cardio worked better.
ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #215 on: April 30, 2009, 08:00:42 PM »
dave palumbo guides me with the diet, the zero carb / protein and fat combo work well on me.
i normally do a cheat day on sunday, not a cheat meal......but this past weekend it was just one cheat meal, a nice juicy cheese burger and fries.

all in all, my calories were lower and only did cardio about 3x a week.....i'm coming in bigger and fuller, and gained about 5lbs since the masters win last year.

i found that eating less, and not as much cardio worked better.
it shows,great job,u must feel real good about how it turned out,great run as amateur and now hitting a new stride towards a good pro,you were a pro anyway dude,now the card and this look prove it ,props and i would like to think a top 3 would not be out of the question.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #216 on: May 03, 2009, 07:11:48 PM »
redemption ny pro.....good luck.

duncanlukas

• Getbig II
« Reply #217 on: May 10, 2009, 03:02:09 AM »
on your cheat day, what would you eat?  Just whatever the whole day, or good carbs or what?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #218 on: May 16, 2009, 04:08:04 PM »
vinny great job at ny ,,,bro from the flex pics major dry out  differencefrom pittsburgh,everything was lean and good seperation,better lighting to boot.that was a great 202 class i'd say as impressive as in terms of quality as the open,i hope u feel you did well,i'm not just being biased u looked like your national win very hard looking,it is what is now,pro's are tough ,all u guys deserved to be there.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #219 on: May 21, 2009, 07:30:56 PM »

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #220 on: May 25, 2009, 05:46:05 AM »
looking at the picture from when i posed at the suburban a week out at 209, and the contest pic's and posing in the store still around 201....i just get too flat when trying to make the weight class -

i dont know if i should continue to try the 202 class and hope to keep my fullness, or just say fuck it and compete in the open.

ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #221 on: May 25, 2009, 07:38:36 PM »
looking at the picture from when i posed at the suburban a week out at 209, and the contest pic's and posing in the store still around 201....i just get too flat when trying to make the weight class -

i dont know if i should continue to try the 202 class and hope to keep my fullness, or just say fuck it and compete in the open.

go with your gut instinct,or tweak the diet a tad,if thats not the problem do the open,how do u feel or whats the goal if u choose the open class.i think u could do alright at 202 ,fullness is the factor all these other pics posted here u look awesome.nuff said.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: May 26, 2009, 08:19:12 AM »

Compete in the open.......Your fullness makes all the difference in the world!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #223 on: May 27, 2009, 01:59:05 PM »
VIN ON A SIDE NOTE,HOW WAS THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE WITH FELLOW PRO'S,AND HOW DID U FEEL U STACKED UP WITH THEM.U PLACED AHEAD OF FEW OF THOSE GUYS AS AMATEURS AND NOW WITH THEM AS PRO IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT THING.U'LL BE BACK AND LIKE I MENTIONED IN ANOTHER POSR U FARED WELL AT LEAST IN GOOD SHAPE AT NY SHOW PROPS....

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #224 on: May 27, 2009, 06:12:57 PM »
VIN ON A SIDE NOTE,HOW WAS THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE WITH FELLOW PRO'S,AND HOW DID U FEEL U STACKED UP WITH THEM.U PLACED AHEAD OF FEW OF THOSE GUYS AS AMATEURS AND NOW WITH THEM AS PRO IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT THING.U'LL BE BACK AND LIKE I MENTIONED IN ANOTHER POSR U FARED WELL AT LEAST IN GOOD SHAPE AT NY SHOW PROPS....

16 years on the national level trained me to be at a fast pace with the free posing, and mandatory posing at the prejudging.
But in the IFBB i now see that everything is slower, very chill. you can take your time and enjoy the stage, i didnt realize it until both shows were over...lol

i was nervous and my adrenaline was at full tilt. i shot my load before i needed it...lol

i dont really think obtaining my pro card set in until i was eating a burger after the show. 16 years is a long time to go after a goal, and 10 months as a pro did not set in right away.

As far as the guys go.....Mark Dugdale is a class act, a very low key guy that minds his own business and is just chill.

Jason Arntz is very cool and very relaxed, he was asking me how i was doing...he knew i was nervous. our wives got along great too.

Ed carrera was way too serious.

i asked Dave Henry about how he trained and he took a lot of time explaining his training methods.

Jose Raymond was cool too, we talked alot and got along real good...i can see us being friends if we lived near each other.

There were a few guys that were quiet and to them selfs and did not want to be bothered....nothing wrong with that.

one guy in particular blew me right off and made it clear to stay away, it was def personal....if he reads this, he knows who he is. i get it...you dont think much of me....LOL

all in all the guys were mad cool....i walked away from it with a great experience.

ANIMAL