Author Topic: After accepting a job offer with company A...  (Read 3254 times)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Re: After accepting a job offer with company A..
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2013, 06:27:33 PM »
The issue isn't that your post isn't "bodybuilding" related, cream puff.  The issue is your pathetic need for validation of a major decision from people that you say waste time gossiping about trannies.

Hope this helps.

Bitch.

Take a chill pill man. According to OMR there's no harm in sniffing out for some Arby's  :D
follow the arrows

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2013, 06:49:15 PM »
Have them email the HR policy on slinging dick at work.  This may play a huge factor.
This ^ if you can't go in raw don't take the job.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2013, 07:37:10 PM »
Have them email the HR policy on slinging dick at work.  This may play a huge factor.
never thought about this. should also consider whether they allow a bar loaded with 495 in the office for the mandatory victory upright row
follow the arrows

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2013, 07:40:36 PM »

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2013, 07:42:09 PM »
follow the arrows

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2013, 08:08:55 PM »
..what would you do if company B contacts you for an interview?

Lets say company B offers a better salary but you like the job description of job A better. Obviously there are pros and cons to be weighed.

My concern is mostly ethical. Am I douche for accepting to interview with company B? The start date is in a month  :P

What would you do? I'm looking for purely logical ethical reasons

No, lets stick with ethical because I admire that this is even a consideration because I use to think like you. I believed in loyalty and actually past up some potentially better opportunities out of loyaty. But I realize that company sure as hell isn't gong to be loyal to you. Things slow down a bit, you start to far behind a bit, someone new they think is better and cheaper... then it's out the door for you. They'll give you the sad speech and shake their head and shrugged their shoulders and say its not up to them and wish you the best and tell you they will help you anyway they can but as soon as they can get you out the door they will breath a sign of relief and get back to normal and not give you a second thought.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2013, 03:59:53 AM »
At least go the interview. Nothing wrong with information gathering. Sounds like you haven't eve started at company A.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2013, 05:39:22 AM »
Why the morale dilemma? You owe nothing to either one. They are not paying you. Even if you were working for them you are at their discretion. Unless they are family or friends you owe them nothing but a days work for your pay check.  Go on an interview C if you want. Interview even after you choose and are working at a job.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: After accepting a job offer with company A...
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2013, 07:54:38 AM »

Go on the interview.  There is no harm in talking to anyone.  Now, if they offer you a job, that is another question.

You then need to figure out the long term implications.  For instance, if Job A is with a company that is part of many others, and you want to be working in them in the future, money isnt always the answer, but long term is.   

If Job B is something you want to be doing in the future, and Job A won't cause you harm by not taking it after you have accepted, then do it.

As an employer, I would rather have someone tell me they don't want to start working than work for us for a month, and then quit.  That is ONE month of training, teaching and investment I could of used on someone else that really wanted to work in this day and age.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: After accepting a job offer with company A...
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2013, 11:56:24 AM »
Loyalty to a company in todays world is a huge mistake.  They wouldvsend you packing in a heartbeat.  Look out for yourself only. 

So are you thinking of moving from Hamas to Al Queda?   ;D