Author Topic: How much do you front squat  (Read 7263 times)

mdn250

• Getbig II
Re: How much do you front squat
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2012, 08:32:22 AM »
Guys with flexibility problems like to cross their arms but it's not as good as a traditional clean grip. One way to get around it is to use straps around the bar. Take your traditional straps and open them up. Loop them around the bar. Use an elbows up grip and grab the tails of the straps. This will allow you to keep your elbows high to create a nice shelf for the bar. Now you can go really deep and upright without dumping the bar.

THANK YOU! I tried this after your post. I am very very slowly starting to get used to this. Its perfect to do last and really burn out the quads.

MDN

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2013, 07:29:42 PM »
my front squat sucks...

This but about 150 for reps for me

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013, 06:37:26 AM »
I've been doing front squats for a long time. I can do 375 for a triple ass to grass. I haven't attempted a single in many years, but i think i could do 405 on a good day. I actually front squat more with an arms crossed position than a clean grip. I do power cleans all the time and have gone up to around 335 on a good day, but when i do front squats alone it's a lot easier for me to use the crossed grip.

It takes a long time to get the form perfect on front squats. I don't have any issues with the bar choking me anymore, but it took a long time to get the form down. The best thing i ever did was invest in a good pair of weightlifting shoes and they made a big difference in my front squat. I can go ass to grass very easily with them. I don't use a belt or wraps, just me and the bar.

Good luck!

8)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2013, 07:53:20 AM »
I've been doing front squats for a long time. I can do 375 for a triple ass to grass. I haven't attempted a single in many years, but i think i could do 405 on a good day. I actually front squat more with an arms crossed position than a clean grip. I do power cleans all the time and have gone up to around 335 on a good day, but when i do front squats alone it's a lot easier for me to use the crossed grip.

It takes a long time to get the form perfect on front squats. I don't have any issues with the bar choking me anymore, but it took a long time to get the form down. The best thing i ever did was invest in a good pair of weightlifting shoes and they made a big difference in my front squat. I can go ass to grass very easily with them. I don't use a belt or wraps, just me and the bar.

Good luck!

8)
GOOD STUFF...I USE TO DO THEM ALOT...NEED TO GET BACK TO DOING THEM.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2013, 09:18:06 AM »
olympic weightlifters use these to help them when they are in the clean position after the pull, remember seeing a pic of ken patera doing reps with 575 lbs. he was first american to clean and press 500 in comp.
F

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2013, 04:36:47 AM »
Ive slowly started doing them again in the last couple weeks..

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2013, 01:18:18 AM »
Off to the gym for legs, gonna start with front squats. :-)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2013, 07:36:11 AM »
Off to the gym for legs, gonna start with front squats. :-)
I like doing them after leg extensions...but thatīs just my way