Author Topic: Would you pay for a guaranteed healthy baby?  (Read 3981 times)

the trainer

Re: Would you pay for a guaranteed healthy baby?
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2014, 09:30:23 AM »
I do alright.

Cool shizzo I am alright myself.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2014, 09:31:04 AM »
Man, I'm just trolling you. I couldn't come up with $500. You've seen the filth I live in when I post the weight updates.  :D
I don't take kindly to disrespect. not on the internet, not in person, not in a grocery store parking lot, not in like at walmart, not in a restaurant, not at the beach, not at the dry cleaners... anywhere.

ppl talk about the 'pussyfication' of America, yet they run their mouths thinking they won't get slapped and get their arm broken in front of their friends.

spent many yrs in a place where if you talk slick and say something out of line to somebody, you know that when you say it, you better be ready for what happens. most ppl here in the 'real world', aren't ready for what could happen.. and run their mouths like the world is a make believe cartoon. despite wearing nice slacks, polished shoes and a nice shirt, the guy you steal that parking spot from at the grocery store and proceed to flip off, may have just gotten out of prison and will have no problem identifying they bitch in you and proceed to teach you a lesson by taking you down to the ground and kicking out your teeth before you even know what happened.

the guy who's willing to go the furthest, wins. if you're not willing to go all the way, it's best you keep your mouth shut and move on, and make it to the next day.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2014, 09:32:01 AM »
Really? That simple of a decision?

Guaranteeing the birth of a healthy baby goes only so far. Said baby could catch a fatal disease at the age of 3. You are paying for the BIRTH of a 100% healthy baby.

Yes, from the time that you know that you are pregnant to the time that your child walks and talks in a developmentally normal time are INSANELY stressful. On my wife's 17th week of pregnancy, we had an amniocentesis and a "diagnostic ultrasound" at the clinic that pioneered diagnostic ultrasound in Boston. We were obviously very worried about "what if's". To hear that my son was developmentally "perfect" and that the amnio was clean was greater than any gift.

To not have that worry and to know that your child will be free from a statistically relevant risk would be worth almost anything. $5K, $30K, $100K. Doesn't fucking matter.

To those that have kids, you know. There is nothing in the world that matters more. NOTHING.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2014, 09:39:35 AM »
Yes, from the time that you know that you are pregnant to the time that your child walks and talks in a developmentally normal time are INSANELY stressful. On my wife's 17th week of pregnancy, we had an amniocentesis and a "diagnostic ultrasound" at the clinic that pioneered diagnostic ultrasound in Boston. We were obviously very worried about "what if's". To hear that my son was developmentally "perfect" and that the amnio was clean was greater than any gift.

To not have that worry and to know that your child will be free from a statistically relevant risk would be worth almost anything. $5K, $30K, $100K. Doesn't fucking matter.
To those that have kids, you know. There is nothing in the world that matters more. NOTHING.
I agree with you 100%, but lets face the facts. Money would be an issue for many people.

I agree that I was wrong to have an original figure of 5K. Anyone would do what they had to do to come up with that kind of money. But what if the price was so high, that only the rich could afford that luxury?

Would it become business as usual, or would it spark a public revolt?

I think I just thought of a decent movie script. I'm gonna cast Tom Cruise and George Clooney.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2014, 09:48:17 AM »
I agree with you 100%, but lets face the facts. Money would be an issue for many people.

I agree that I was wrong to have an original figure of 5K. Anyone would do what they had to do to come up with that kind of money. But what if the price was so high, that only the rich could afford that luxury?

Would it become business as usual, or would it spark a public revolt?

I think I just thought of a decent movie script. I'm gonna cast Tom Cruise and George Clooney.

It's been done. Gattaca.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2014, 09:51:22 AM »
It's been done. Gattaca.
Really? Sounds like some cheesy Sci-Fy bullshit. I would also cast Michael Keaton as the lead doctor in my movie.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2014, 09:53:26 AM »
Really? Sounds like some cheesy Sci-Fy bullshit. I would also cast Michael Keaton as the lead doctor in my movie.

I hear he's been looking for work since Batman. He's awaiting your call.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2014, 09:55:43 AM »
I hear he's been looking for work since Batman. He's awaiting your call.
Blasphemy!!! Keaton is a great actor. Just go to IMDB and take a look at the man's body of work.

He plays great roles. True professional.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2014, 10:20:18 AM »
Lets say there was a shot that could be injected into the wombs of newly pregnant women.

The shot would cost $30,000 and ensure that the baby would be born without any conditions or birth defects

Would you find a way to come up with the money, or would you go with nature's role of the dice?

I've actually encountered a number of folks that would pay for something like this provided the procedure also ensured the the baby was.......how do I put this........white.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2014, 10:23:56 AM »
I've actually encountered a number of folks that would pay for something like this provided the procedure also ensured the the baby was.......how do I put this........white.
............Does god account for comedic humor? I give you credit MOS, you do take liberties as a christian.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2014, 10:27:46 AM »
............Does god account for comedic humor? I give you credit MOS, you do take liberties as a christian.

We gotta be able to laugh! 

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2014, 10:30:52 AM »
We gotta be able to laugh! 
I am 100% on your side, but can you see how your statement can be viewed by others?

You can either be 100% confident, or 100% obedient.

Only one gets you to where you want to go.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2014, 10:31:31 AM »
Rich or poor, parents shouldn't tolerate sickness in babies under any circumstances.  If an infant is behaving unhealthy then you punish it.  This is how children learn.

Fucking nanny state.

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2014, 10:32:34 AM »
Rich or poor, parents shouldn't tolerate sickness in babies under any circumstances.  If an infant is behaving unhealthy then you punish it.  This is how children learn.

Fucking nanny state.

Amen!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2014, 10:33:15 AM »
I am 100% on your side, but can you see how your statement can be viewed by others?

You can either be 100% confident, or 100% obedient.

Only one gets you to where you want to go.

Yep and anytime I do or say anything slightly funny anymore I get exactly what you're posting now.....it happens over and over and over and over and over and over.......

On this board I either post about religion and keep my comments bright, sparkling white or I don't post....if I "cut loose" then it's this LOL.....if I speak about faith it's abuse LOL.....I can't win either way LOL.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2014, 10:38:15 AM »
I would pay for a wife that wants to stay childfree.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2014, 10:39:26 AM »
Yep and anytime I do or say anything slightly funny anymore I get exactly what you're posting now.....it happens over and over and over and over and over and over.......
I have no dog in this fight MOS. I encourage you to seek your own path in life. You absolutely can be an "Original Christian", meaning, that god will reward you for being a good christian.

There are many paths to salvation. Being true to one's self, is at the top of the list.

If there is a "judgement day" all of the fakes will be disposed of. Remember MOS, a book does not define a person.

the trainer

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2014, 10:40:44 AM »
People with inferior genes should not mate with each other if you have shitty genes make sure that you impregnate a woman with good genes that way your kid will have a good body.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2014, 10:41:45 AM »
The special needs kid calling MOS a doody head in this thread.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2014, 10:43:35 AM »
The special needs kid calling MOS a doody head in this thread.
MOS is a good man. Period.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2014, 10:46:16 AM »
I have no dog in this fight MOS. I encourage you to seek your own path in life. You absolutely can be an "Original Christian", meaning, that god will reward you for being a good christian.

There are many paths to salvation. Being true to one's self, is at the top of the list.

If there is a "judgement day" all of the fakes will be disposed of. Remember MOS, a book does not define a person.

I'm curious cause these topics interest me, but what are the many paths?

What do the others paths save people from?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2014, 10:50:09 AM »
I'm curious cause these topics interest me, but what are the many paths?

What do the others paths save people from?
Many paths mean that there are multiple right answers to the solution. If you live a good, honest life, then you will be rewarded. There is no "recipe book" that defines a man's soul.

He will know. You will know.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2014, 10:51:43 AM »
Many paths mean that there are multiple right answers to the solution. If you live a good, honest life, then you will be rewarded. There is no "recipe book" that defines a man's soul.

He will know. You will know.

Ok, fair enough.

You said "He will know."   Who is "He"?  God?  Which god?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2014, 10:52:39 AM »
Ok, fair enough.

You said "He will know."   Who is "He"?  God?  Which god?
You should ask yourself this question. It is the most important.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2014, 10:54:52 AM »
You should ask yourself this question. It is the most important.

Will do. 

When you asked the question what did you find?