Author Topic: 03-12-06: Melissa James' Obituary/Autopsy Complete  (Read 20089 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: 03-12-06: Melissa James' Obituary/Autopsy Complete
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2006, 08:01:51 AM »
INDICTMENT UNSEALED: Autopsy: Drugs in body

2006, REVIEW-JOURNAL

An autopsy showed that the personal assistant of Kelly Ryan and Craig Titus had morphine and heroin byproducts in her system at the time of her death. It also indicated that she had previously used methamphetamine.

Both the cause and manner of death for Melissa James, 28, was officially listed as undetermined, giving defense attorneys for Ryan and her husband, Titus, the opportunity to maintain what the pair once told police -- that James died of a drug overdose, they panicked and disposed of her body.

"The defense can make hay out of it," former Prosecutor Charles Kelly, now a local defense attorney, said of the autopsy results.

Titus and Ryan and a co-defendant, Anthony Gross, were in District Court on Friday to face charges stemming from James' death in December.

The indictment, unsealed in the courtroom of District Judge David Wall, charges Titus and Ryan with murder with use of a deadly weapon, first-degree kidnapping and third-degree arson.

The indictment charges Gross with accessory to murder and arson in connection with allegations he helped the fitness champions dispose of James' body.

Titus, 40, is a past place-winner of international Mr. Olympia competitions. Ryan, 33, is a past Ms. Fitness America and Ms. Olympia runner-up.

James was found dead Dec. 14 in the back of Ryan's torched Jaguar in the desert off state Route 160. Titus and Ryan first told police they didn't know how James ended up dead in the car.

Authorities said the couple then fled Las Vegas and were arrested Dec. 23 outside Boston, where they told police James died of a drug overdose in Ryan's car in their garage before they disposed of her body, burning it in the process.

In a third scenario regarding the death, authorities said, Titus later agreed with an FBI agent's premise that perhaps he was having rough sex with James and she died.

The autopsy report notes that "opiate intoxicants" were in James' system. The Review-Journal was unable to access documents detailing the exact levels of the metabolites of the drugs in her system.

However, other documents show there are a number of other clues garnered from the autopsy and crime scene that would seem to contradict the premise that she somehow died of a drug overdose.

Namely, a coroner's report details that a ligature was found around James' neck.

"Head was wrapped in an apparent blanket," the report said. "Beneath the burned blanket, there was apparent duct tape around her head and face, and a cloth strip and wires around her neck."

James' body was badly burned with an accelerant. Ryan was captured on a Wal-Mart surveillance video buying accelerant shortly before the body was found.

In his statement to police claiming James died of an accidental drug overdose, Titus told authorities he had, in fact, duct-taped James' face while her body was on the floor of his home.

"Put a blanket on the ground, grabbed another blanket and I taped up her head," Titus said. "I didn't want to see her face. I didn't want to see her face.

"I took the tie off one of my robes, and I put it on the back of her neck and pushed her knees up and tied her knees to her chest," Titus said. "Then we wrapped her up in a blanket and taped it up and put her in the trunk.

"Then I put her in the trunk and dropped her a couple times," Titus said. "Kelly was crying hysterically.

"She's my (expletive) friend man," Titus said. "So (expletived) up. Now it's worse."

When asked by police to explain the wires around James' neck, which Titus originally didn't mention, Titus said: "You know, honestly, this is the honest to God truth, when I, when I was tying her up in the cocoon-like position ... I used duct tape and I used the robe ties ... but there was something else I used that broke. I can't remember what it was. A phone cord maybe."

Titus also addressed James' drug use in his statement to police, which reads:

"Crystal methamphetamines ... Oxycontins, crystal methamphetamine, Nubane, cocaine, morphine, which I didn't know till the end."

Kelly said the autopsy results will be somewhat helpful to defense attorneys in the case, but prosecutors will try to argue that burning someone in the trunk of a car isn't consistent with a reaction to a drug overdose.

Kelly said perhaps the biggest challenge defense attorneys face is explaining the defendants' multiple versions of James' death.

"Which one do you want us to believe?" Kelly said.

buffalo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2006, 12:28:33 PM »
However, other documents show there are a number of other clues garnered from the autopsy and crime scene that would seem to contradict the premise that she somehow died of a drug overdose.

Namely, a coroner's report details that a ligature was found around James' neck.

"Head was wrapped in an apparent blanket," the report said. "Beneath the burned blanket, there was apparent duct tape around her head and face, and a cloth strip and wires around her neck."

there is no need to duct tape the face of and place a liagture around the neck of someone who is already dead of a drug overdose....even if you are disposing of their body....Craig & Kelly's story is bullshit.

Has the autopsy report indicated smoke inhalation in the lungs yett?

shortfatugly

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2006, 01:38:53 PM »
Defense attornies will be attempting to suppress all these statements made by Tight ass ( which wont' be for very long ) and Cryin Ryan.  Unbelievable really- he thinks that he is smarter than the police interrogating him.  He figured that he could wing it and they, the cops, wouldnt be able to tell the difference.  Egotistical arrogant bastard. 

The story about ryan and Titus "playing" with that other banking couple, jeremy and Megan would be interesting to see play out:  dead girl out in the jag, so we bring another couple over to the house to boink and swap partners, and then wow, we find the dead chick ... 

Great friends to have to get ya involved in that!  Someone won't be receiving anymore birthday cards for that special deal.

ramazon

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2006, 03:26:35 PM »
Defense attornies will be attempting to suppress all these statements made by Tight ass ( which wont' be for very long ) and Cryin Ryan. 
Unbelievable really- he thinks that he is smarter than the police interrogating him.

Craig's cavalier behavior could very well be a ploy to get detectives to relax and lose their focus, SFU.  With their guard is down, Craig can more easily find a crotch hold.  It'd be dangerous to underestimate a psycho-social like Titus.  He plays by his own rules and, from what I'm told, he's ALWAYS up to pecs
in his own poop.  Although I'm not personally investigating this case
(I'm producing a feature film instead), I'm nonetheless speculating that Mellissa might've been somehow involved in LOAN FRAUD activity with Kelly (loan officers--of which Kelly was one, right?--create what's called a "stated loan"; here, with Craig listed as Melissa's "employer" and vouching for her stated income so that Kelly or even SOMEONE ELSE can borrow a bazillion dollars.  When Melissa threatened the transaction--by protesting, "wanting out" or attempting to take the money for herself--she suddenly became worth more dead than alive.  Thus, the couple claims that she attempted to "steal" from them.  Perhaps she really was.  And perhaps they couldn't report it to the police because what they were doing was illegal to begin with.  A thief can't report their stolen property when it's  stolen.  So my guess is greed.  They killed her for money.  And there might be
more people involved.  If they can organize an After-Party, they can certainly organize a little loan fraud, even under the influence.  Also, SFU et al, does the "egotistical arrogant bastard" have a 17-year old son?  I ask because a teen named Titus was arrested for bomb-threats at his school last week.

He figured that he could wing it and they, the cops, wouldnt be able to tell the difference.  Egotistical arrogant bastard. 

The story about ryan and Titus "playing" with that other banking couple, jeremy and Megan would be interesting to see play out:  dead girl out in the jag, so we bring another couple over to the house to boink and swap partners, and then wow, we find the dead chick ... 

Great friends to have to get ya involved in that!  Someone won't be receiving anymore birthday cards for that special deal.

buffalo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2006, 04:05:46 PM »
the cops in both states deal with criminal minds like craigs every day...I didn't do it, I was framed, I'm innocent......

almost every crack head on the street becomes a liar just to survive...meth heads the same way

Craig will be tripped up by the different versions of his story that he told to different people and it will be cross referenced against what Kelly told different people.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2006, 07:51:38 PM »
WHats funny is my credit card was lost and I reported it Visa.  About a week later I get a new card.  About a month later I get a letter in the mail saying they found the card and it was used at several strip clubs around Honolulu.  Beside charging drinks they took out $800 from like 4 different ATM machines.  All in all it was just over $1,100 they stole in one night.  I ended up with the charges reversed and everything was fine.  Lucky cause I was going to kill that mother-fucker

Keith,

Wouldn't the thief have to know your PIN number before pulling cash from an ATM?
w

ramazon

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2006, 12:50:42 PM »
the cops in both states deal with criminal minds like craigs every day...I didn't do it, I was framed, I'm innocent......

almost every crack head on the street becomes a liar just to survive...meth heads the same way
  Now that he's presumably sober,
what do you suppose Craig has to say?  Or can he even REMEMBER the event?
Should we summon a hypnotist or help stimulate his (and her) memory by the touched of a taser?  Seriously, Buffalo, the shananigans of these two are going to impact heavilly against the physical culture.  They went TOO far down a blood dark road, and all we can do is pray that the media has something more interesting to cover when their trial begins.

Craig will be tripped up by the different versions of his story that he told to different people and it will be cross referenced against what Kelly told different people.