Author Topic: Stick a fork in the turkey... Priest is done!  (Read 10052 times)

Weightpit

• Getbig III
  • Remember Sharon Tate...Carpe Diem
Re: Stick a fork in the turkey... Priest is done!
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2006, 12:04:51 PM »
Oh my gosh, someone forgot to tell you that Lee was a huge fan of NASCAR.....Wow, are you saying a man has to tattoo whatever circuit he chooses to compete in or it doesn't make sense to you???

Well...lemme see, I kinda figured he liked NASCAR if he got it tattooed on his shoulder. Does it make sense to me?? No...not really. Good thing he's not a fan of ballet, right?

Weightpit

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2006, 12:07:12 PM »
On a side note, Lee looked awsome at the PDI, it was just unfortunate he had no competition at all....So, no I don't respect the PDI..Yet...I was just glad to see that Lee doesn't have the same lay down tunnel vision as the rest of the IFBB pro's.....

Couldn't agree with you more about how Lee looked at the PDI....

Dude, I really don't want to argue, I was just trying to make some points while pulling your leg, ok.....

<Extending hand for a handshake>

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2006, 12:08:07 PM »
Well...lemme see, I kinda figured he liked NASCAR if he got it tattooed on his shoulder. Does it make sense to me?? No...not really. Good thing he's not a fan of ballet, right?

The foundation for your arguement must have been set in quicksand, because you have not came back with anything valid....You bashed a successful man and all you have come up with to back yourself up is that you don't agree with his lifestyle and what he may do in his personal life......Go figure...It was entertaining though...LoL....
Watching The Haters

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2006, 12:09:13 PM »
Excepts handshake..........By the way, all-in-all we have to remember this is Getbig.com and nothing is supposed to make sense
Watching The Haters

Weightpit

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2006, 12:15:45 PM »
Excepts handshake..........By the way, all-in-all we have to remember this is Getbig.com and nothing is supposed to make sense

Thanks, man...!!  :)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2006, 12:42:53 PM »

Has Mr. Blechman (or an authorized agent) spoken on this subject yet?

Let's not condemn the man before he's told his side of the story.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2006, 12:46:42 PM »
Do not underestimate clark kent 8)
Get Big, or Die Trying

Dorian 01

• Getbig III
  • Ronnie Rockel > Ronnie Coleman
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2006, 01:37:44 PM »
Has Mr. Blechman (or an authorized agent) spoken on this subject yet?

Let's not condemn the man before he's told his side of the story.
He has multiple posts in that MD forum thread. His stance seems to be that he wants the mags to have unique content and all of the news and info about the PDI is old news. But to say not to even mention the PDI at all is pretty weird.
T

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2006, 01:49:41 PM »
MD would only care if some of their advertisers were pulling out of the magazines.  Maybe the supplement companies are being pressured by the IFBB.  The IFBB has more magazines and probably exposure than MD and therefore, more leverage.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2006, 01:56:07 PM »
I have lost all respect for MD  :'(

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2006, 02:34:51 PM »
Maybe the supplement companies are being pressured by the IFBB.  The IFBB has more magazines and probably exposure than MD and therefore, more leverage.

People have been saying this for the past several years, but it makes no sense.

How can a magazine dictate to the advertisers what they can and can't do when it comes to spending their own money?? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2006, 02:37:00 PM »
People have been saying this for the past several years, but it makes no sense.

How can a magazine dictate to the advertisers what they can and can't do when it comes to spending their own money?? 

This industry needs more people with balls.

finurface

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2006, 02:59:23 PM »
they have balls when it comes to make money.

Blechman and others sharks who lead big industries are smarter than any of us, and have more balls than most of us if they achieved to lead some big companies; it takes a lot of intelligence to do that.

But they wont support someon who s not playing the game anymore; and who wants a fake "justice" nobody cares about...

I'm talking about lee priest.

He just had to stay quiet and make money... all this controversia, is pure bullshit, whoc ares about pro bodybuilding anyways... Its a drama that have no reason to exists, consdering how uninteresting it is for 99,99% of people in the world..

Thats because he suffers from personnal problems, that he ruined his chances to make easy money, thats because he thinks he is superman, that he has a "cause" to defend, that he did all this drama, because whatever he says, he did it because he wanted attention from people.

I ve seen people like him. Trying to find a good and symbolic fight just to stand out, alone against "the bad guys"...but in fact they all do it because they feel uncofrtable with themselves and need attention.
They think they are the messia, that they are martyrs ...

In fact all they are doing is ruin what they took year to build, because they stil didnt find peace of mind trhough the years and trhough doing what they love to do.

Lee priest transformed gold into crap, because he is insecure, and some people nobody cares about on some internet messageboards jumped in the bandwagon and supported him in his "fight" that makes absolutely no sens....  wow, what an achievement that deserves consdieration from the whole fucking world...

Steve blechman, weiders etc, are sharks, they are  leaders, and THEY are the guys who created with their own minds and hands their dreams. They OFFERED people who seemed to deserve it a place in their dreams, they gave their trust to some people, and some people just dont get it, just dont know how lucky they are, and feel the need to criticize and ruin it all...because of their own personal emotional troubles and traumas.

lee priest isnt someone you cant trust.  Some peope trusted in him, and for some reasons, he betrayed em, for fake and not so interesting reasons. He is unstable.

Many  bodybuilders suffer from this kind of behavior. He decided to step outside the rules, now he has to pay the price. But one would have think a grown man wouldnt make this kind of mistake.

Lee s a boy in the roided to the gills body of a mutant, but his brain still belongs to an immature 16 y/o boy.

We all know these "pro" bodybuilders just have to stick needels and train ;eat all year long, and that some people liek weider and blechman sometimes comes and give em money in exchange of photoshoots or guest posings etc... Who s the smartest guy in you opinion? imo, not the "pro" bodybuilder.

But its how it works, we all know that.

Some guys are more succesful than the others, and would never bite the hands of those who feed em (cutler, coleman ), because they know their place, where they belong to, and who offered them to live that kind of life.

Its not smart from lee priest to make some peope pay for things that dont concern em.
If lee has problems with soeciety, with the game he entered in, with the system, thats because he s immature and still didnt find his own place in this world.
But no need to pretend that he s the knight of justice fighting for all the poors bbing fans who "need" to know "the truth"...what a joke. its so pathetic.

Just go see a psychiatrist, that would solve more things than any useless controversy.

People like blechman are business men, guys like lee priest are their toy,  a muppet, because thats all he can achieve in his life, because they are smarter than him, and than any other roided retard.

Lee cant stand it anymore? OK. But why blame blechman or any other guy above him? He s the only to blame for being what he is.

They gave him oportunities, he thought he was a warrior, that he had to fight them....that he had a "mission"... yeah sure...

Its easier to atribute your own problems to the others to deny you need to work on yourself first.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2006, 03:15:38 PM »
Wow, I thought Sami was Black, too. 

He is....genetically..whether he is from Bahrain, doesn't mean anything...there are people of African descent there too...
But many people who are Arabs, and look black, don't want acknowledge that they are.

As far as Lee, was impressed by him, but it seems like he like to shoot himself in the foot a lot. His suspensions go back to the mid 90's. I remember in a Flex magazine "Hardtimes where they said Flex was
locked up, Lee Priest was fined...
You it seems like in any other "sport", one would have an attorney speaking for them on this issue, but bodybuilders  like Lee seem to always act like the stereotype..more muscles than brains, can't control their mouths, and then whine like bitches when things don't go right for them.

I don't feel sorry for the majority of the Bodybuilders, because most of their problems they brought upon themselves.
say what you want about Shawn Ray, the mofo knows how make a dollar out of 15 cents, whereas others can't even find lint.   

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2006, 04:41:15 PM »
Told ya he'd lose twinlab and MD contracts. who'd want HIM to represent their company, lol :)

Lee s a boy in the roided to the gills body of a mutant, but his brain still belongs to an immature 16 y/o boy.

If lee has problems with soeciety, with the game he entered in, with the system, thats because he s immature and still didnt find his own place in this world.
But no need to pretend that he s the knight of justice fighting for all the poors bbing fans who "need" to know "the truth"...what a joke. its so pathetic.

Just go see a psychiatrist, that would solve more things than any useless controversy.

Exactly!

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2006, 05:44:33 PM »
He is....genetically..wheth er he is from Bahrain, doesn't mean anything...there are people of African descent there too...
But many people who are Arabs, and look black, don't want acknowledge that they are.

True.
Oh...Monica!

LAMA-PAI

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Censored! BY RON AND THE GETBIG CABAL !
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2006, 08:34:13 PM »
truth is nobody wants to Black and ''arab'' is a good way to be something thats not black !
this is a problem in alot of places !
in the caribean blacks call themselves west indian !
why not just black ? only in the U.S. Are blacks proud to be black
anywhere else most shun it and try to be something else .
CENSORED BY RON !

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2006, 08:59:01 PM »
It seems pretty amazing to me that MD won't want to report on the latest contest that one of their columnists was in and won, not to mention the fact that Lee has been on the cover of MD many times and is the most popular pro that the magazine has at the time. The only way that  I can rationalize this is that they think that Lee's bodybuilding career is going downhill fast and that it's not worth it to them to take extra heat for him from the IFBB.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2006, 09:30:27 PM »
they have balls when it comes to make money.

Blechman and others sharks who lead big industries are smarter than any of us, and have more balls than most of us if they achieved to lead some big companies; it takes a lot of intelligence to do that.

He just had to stay quiet and make money... all this controversia, is pure bullshit, whoc ares about pro bodybuilding anyways... Its a drama that have no reason to exists, consdering how uninteresting it is for 99,99% of people in the world..

I ve seen people like him. Trying to find a good and symbolic fight just to stand out, alone against "the bad guys"...but in fact they all do it because they feel uncofrtable with themselves and need attention.

Steve blechman, weiders etc, are sharks, they are  leaders, and THEY are the guys who created with their own minds and hands their dreams. They OFFERED people who seemed to deserve it a place in their dreams, they gave their trust to some people, and some people just dont get it, just dont know how lucky they are, and feel the need to criticize and ruin it all...because of their own personal emotional troubles and traumas.

Ding Ding Ding!

We have a winner.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2006, 10:02:43 PM »
but the dude is just not all that -

Lee is all that and then some.
Q

Sami The Black-smith

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • You dont have to be the BIGGEST to be the BEST!
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2006, 03:33:51 AM »
Wow, I thought Sami was Black, too. 

So is that the MAIN REASON u didnt answer my Question that i sent u by PM>>???????
i really dont know which one it is: being black or an Arab making u NOT helping me!!!!

OK.... lets make it to public and see if there is a better expert than u will be willing to answer or help me..... ;)

i am flying to my show for 6hrs on the plane and i dont really have the key how to manage it with water intake and the other stuff to stay tight....as u know befor i travel to NY for the NOC i was looking so hard and ready i arrived and the whole day i was LOOKING GREAT but day by bay i started to fade! i thought if i come early 5-6 days befor the show is good, but it was wrong idea.... now i am planing to arrive the same day of the show at 7am and the show at 4pm.

# how to control the water during flying? shall i carb load  during my flight?
  # what do i have to eat the whole 10hrs befor the show when i arrive?!
  # is there any thing i should do befor i travel? meals or supplements!

i know it sound stupid but as u know i didnt get use to travel Long distance for competing.... and i am always willing to learn and try things out so i know what works for me and what not.

++ i might looked sharper in the pre-judging but not like the show day.. but i wish i could keep the same size that when i arrived to NY.. i looked fuller and dryer....

plz guys NO ROOM for jokes, if u can help me plz do and if not, it will be great if u save ur jokes and fun for a another time in another Thread but not this time.. i am 10days away from my show and i have enough Sh++ to look after :-\

## here it is how i looked the day i arrived to NY......

## and here how i looked in the Show day (after 4days of my arrival) just note that i am not that type who 3days loading... 1 day and half was my max loading coz i am afraid to lose it...

you can send me the notes or advice to my E.mail or by PM...

Thanx to all of u members and Moderators..... ;)
~ The Black Smith ~

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2006, 04:26:28 AM »
truth is nobody wants to Black and ''arab'' is a good way to be something thats not black !
this is a problem in alot of places !
in the caribean blacks call themselves west indian !
why not just black ? only in the U.S. Are blacks proud to be black
anywhere else most shun it and try to be something else .

Entirely incorrect.

Of course we call ourselves West Indian...which refers to our nationality. We are from the West Indies!

Whites, hispanics, asians...whatever...if they are from the West Indies then they will refer to themself as a West Indian.

You say not why just black? What, can white Americans only call themselves "white" - they can't add their nationality in there? You are also wrong about 'not being proud of being black'. Basically, we are just not all color obsessed like some nations. A West Indian will call themselves that, without a color prefix, as we don't in general give a piss about race.

Not trying to be rude, but that was such a ridiculous statement.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2006, 06:55:28 AM »

A highly negative post in general, because you can make the same arguments for almost every athlete. They use drugs now don't they?

As far as PWC's People With Causes, I agree a lot of them get invoved in a cause because they are insecure and looking for a way to belong, to become a champion, a martyr. However whats wrong with that. If you try hard enough you can find a selfish motivation in everything. We can create a new disease for everything we don't like. But think about this, if they are doing good and not hurting anybody then why are you so against them? They are helping to make things better and in my book that stands for a lot, no matter what the motivation behind it. One could say that Mother Teresa wanted to be a martyr and that Princess Diana helped the poor only for photo shoots, but why bother? They did enourmous amount of good in the world. Why are you against that?

Lee is doing something good. His motivation should be of no concern to you unless you think he will eventually use his good standing to do something evil, which I hardly think is the case. Why can't you just leave him alone, and go out and find a good cause that you can support and help make something better.

Steve Blechman

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2006, 02:23:51 PM »
He has multiple posts in that MD forum thread. His stance seems to be that he wants the mags to have unique content and all of the news and info about the PDI is old news. But to say not to even mention the PDI at all is pretty weird.

MD is not censoring the PDI!  MD has reported on the PDI in the past.  In the next issue of MD two articles appear on the PDI!

The reason I decided to change the format of Lee's column in MD is because Lee says the same things each month about the PDI that also appears on the Internet weeks before.  By the time it appears in the magazine it's old news.  The purpose of the MD website is to complement the print, not duplicate it.  These magazine columns should provide information that doesn't duplicate or appear on the Internet, such as training, diet/nutrition, tips or whatever he would like to say each month.  From the business standpoint, it only makes sense that our magazine complement our MD digital site and vice versa, and should contain its original content so we can provide the most value and not short-change our readers and fans!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2006, 02:33:55 PM »
Yeah MD has the no censor policy. And if supplements were getting pressured to back out of md from the ifbb it would be from john romano (who is so hella cool i met him in vegas). But recycled info is boring. keep up the good work Steve...