Author Topic: Remember when owning a BMW was a status symbol?  (Read 8564 times)

Dipadidu

• Getbig IV
  • any problems? work out!
Re: Remember when owning a BMW was a status symbol?
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2012, 09:10:46 PM »
For me, the E34 M5 is still the best looking 5 series, followed by the E39. The E60 and especially the F10 are amazing machines but I don't like the design.

If I had to consider the current 5 series, and provided I could afford it, I would go for the M550d.

I agree on the e39. The exterior and interior was the epitome of what a BMW should look. Never liked the e34, the kidneys and the tail lights are really ugly.

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2012, 09:15:13 PM »
No matter what vehicle True Adonis rides, it will raise the value of it.

Even riding around in a Horse carriage,one would understand that this is a distinguished gentleman with civilized manners and some coin.

Lol!!
#

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2012, 09:18:03 PM »
E34 and e39 are iconic

E30, e36 are also good a long with e46 M3 CSL which was never released in the US, e90 M3's are good cause of the v8 but getting heavy and uninspiring steering like on the new heavy m5

bc of competition bmw has lost it's ways as far as enthusiast driving is concerned the competition has caught up a lot and even in comparison it has lost to audi and bmw, something it never has in the past. The wins are minimal at best not as dominant like in the past

TheOne

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2012, 09:20:10 PM »
Islam is a fucking joke.  If it is honorable to throw acid in the face of their 15 year old daughter then they should set the mothers vagina on fire and have each of the village elders hit the dad in the nuts with a sledgehammer.  That's what you call Islam.  Fucking maggot cocksucking pieces of shit.  How dare they justify killing their daughter for looking not fucking but looking at a guy.  Come on, let's get real.  Islam is the worst hoax of the last 500 years.

Kulutues

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2012, 09:22:35 PM »
BMW and mercedes both downgraded from being a status symbol to an every day car around when Bangle started screwing up their designs.

I was happy to own a black on black E34 very clean and good condition as one of my first cars for a few years.  Then karma catched up to me and I totalled it drivign home from a party, the E34 to me is still the prototypical BMW design from past present and future, they will never design another sedan that embodies BMWs styling

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2012, 06:31:33 AM »
E39 M5 IS AWESOME CAR 400 HSP GREAT LINES...

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2012, 06:40:54 AM »
This was BMWs peak. The e38, a classic.

all drugs - TPPIIP

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2012, 06:43:39 AM »
i had a 1995 bmw 730 (the small v8)  a couple of years ago, awesome car and cheap to buy but the fuel cost was not fun. if you are going to buy a old e38 atleast buy a 740.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2012, 06:44:12 AM »
Islam is a fucking joke.  

If it is honorable to throw acid in the face of their 15 year old daughter then they should set the mothers vagina on fire and have each of the village elders hit the dad in the nuts with a sledgehammer.  

That's what you call Islam.  

Fucking maggot cocksucking pieces of shit.  

How dare they justify killing their daughter for looking not fucking but looking at a guy.  

Correct

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2012, 06:45:43 AM »
This was BMWs peak. The e38, a classic.

agreed. loved my car altough it was the small v8. fun to drift with  in the winter here in the north of sweden to, really balanced car. mine was a dark gray with original hartge rims that cost new with tires much more than i paid for the car lol

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2012, 06:46:31 AM »
Islam is a fucking joke.  If it is honorable to throw acid in the face of their 15 year old daughter then they should set the mothers vagina on fire and have each of the village elders hit the dad in the nuts with a sledgehammer.  That's what you call Islam.  Fucking maggot cocksucking pieces of shit.  How dare they justify killing their daughter for looking not fucking but looking at a guy.  Come on, let's get real.  Islam is the worst hoax of the last 500 years.

Obama won, get over it.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2012, 07:08:16 AM »
i had a 1995 bmw 730 (the small v8)  a couple of years ago, awesome car and cheap to buy but the fuel cost was not fun. if you are going to buy a old e38 atleast buy a 740.
THEY HAD SOME OIL LEAK ISSUES THO,,,

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2012, 07:31:59 AM »
THEY HAD SOME OIL LEAK ISSUES THO,,,
ok didnt know that. mine hade some leakage but not much

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2012, 07:37:56 AM »
ok didnt know that. mine hade some leakage but not much

DID HAVE NICE STYLING WITH M PACKAGE RIMS.....