Author Topic: What were the founding fathers reasonings behind this?  (Read 6895 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: What were the founding fathers reasonings behind this?
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2010, 12:38:56 AM »
I don't think the US president has the power to do that, never mind "The most powerful man in the world" title.
does he not ? maybe not an official power delegated to him via the constitution... but why in the world would any man be given that power? but consider the available power a president does have..  now your thinking

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2010, 12:41:12 AM »
1-Don't understand the interest of promoting immigration when unemployment rate is over 10 %.

2-Don't understand the interest of promoting immigration when an important rate of these immigrant are lazy ass who can't find a place in their own country, these "low quality immigrant" can only produce criminal, unemployed, welfare people.

3-People who blame other people for being racist or for their action against immigration generally live far away from area where they're lot of immigrant, they generally live in quiet place, clean place, with low criminality, so they got a partial view of real life.

4-the melting pot is just a theory.
asstropin

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2010, 12:46:51 AM »
This country was built with the hands of immigrants and I find there to be no valid reason today that foreign born citizens should not be able to hold the highest office of this great land. 

Before speaking of great theory you should replace the thing in their context.

The theory of a country being built by immigrant is O.K but there a difference beetwen the "pionnier" who travel througt USA two centuries ago, fighting againt natural element, dying of disease by thousand, creating rail, road, town etc and a latino that work at kfc.

It's impossible to compare these people.
asstropin

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2010, 12:54:17 AM »
"No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President;”

You're american, right ???

You don't even know your own history.
In this case it's not a racial question.

People who create this constitution came from Europe to Usa because of various persecution (religious, political), so these people want to stay independant with Europa; so only an American can be eligible.

It was a guarantee of autonomy, the apex as the war of independance.
asstropin

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2010, 12:55:14 AM »
maybe not an official power delegated to him via the constitution... but consider the available power a president does have..  now your thinking

The first phrase contradicts the second and it's "you're", not "your", but apart from that, No, the president doesn't have the power to single-handedly turn the country over to an overseas monarchy like Britain anymore than they have the power to declare everyone in the country has to subscribe to a certain religion.

StuartR

• Getbig III
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2010, 01:06:51 AM »
can someone provide a legitimate argument for why the new immigration law shouldn't pass? I mean a real argument, not crying racism.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2010, 01:10:27 AM »
The first phrase contradicts the second and it's "you're", not "your", but apart from that, No, the president doesn't have the power to single-handedly turn the country over to an overseas monarchy like Britain anymore than they have the power to declare everyone in the country has to subscribe to a certain religion.
so the government doesnt have the ability to overstep its bounds? no government, no leader, no time in the united states history, and no president of the united states has ever done something they did not technically have the power to do?

a president nor country has ever twisted the powers it has been given so thewy could be used in another way?

what exactly are you trying to say, or argue? if anything at all?

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2010, 01:10:40 AM »
As a foreign born immigrant who now resides in the US - I think the presidency law is fair as is.

What happens when the US needs to go to war against the country which you were born in, where your parents live, your siblings, your family, lots of people you know.... it would be a major conflict of interest if you were pesident, who will you have allegance to?

The US is even kind enough to let you keep your citizenship in another country.  

Some countries (like Singapore) if you immigrate there, you will not be allowed to keep your other citizenship, by law you have to forefeight it if you become a Singaporean citizen.

Stop bitching, the law is fine as is!

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2010, 01:11:46 AM »
Have any of you fine gentlemen watched the History Channel mini series: AMERICA: The story of us.  It was excellent last Sunday.  I highly suggest it.  It's been repeating all week.

I watched AMERICA with my wife - loved it!

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2010, 01:17:13 AM »
so the government doesnt have the ability to overstep its bounds? no government, no leader, no time in the united states history, and no president of the united states has ever done something they did not technically have the power to do?

a president nor country has ever twisted the powers it has been given so thewy could be used in another way?

what exactly are you trying to say, or argue? if anything at all?

I'm saying that the President can't turn the country over to a foreign power because they are not the sole representative and constituent of the government.

There are limits to what you can get away with even if you're the president and handing the country over isn't something that's even remotely possible to accomplish, let alone an act that you can get away with later on.

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2010, 03:23:26 AM »
I'm saying that the President can't turn the country over to a foreign power because they are not the sole representative and constituent of the government.

There are limits to what you can get away with even if you're the president and handing the country over isn't something that's even remotely possible to accomplish, let alone an act that you can get away with later on.

Yes, but seen in the original context of the declaration, this scenario was rather more realistic.

This rule does not exclude the US from bad presidents, not all evil comes from outside, the last decades have shown that most handsomely. Have a look at Berlusconi's trickery in Italy, he managed to get an unhealthy amount of control over the media, he's Italian as can be.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2010, 11:27:57 AM »

Well sure.. did I ever claim that the president was given the power to transfer power to anyone/any country he wishes??

I did not.

I said, the founding fathers were probably envisioning something along the lines of a british duke coming over, gettin the presidency, then trying to fuck over america and allow britain to become the dominant country once again.

Handing over a country is one thing

destroying it from the inside out is something else

and causing long term irreperable damages is still another

one thing is for certain, the peresident DOES have the power to seriously fuck up the country

My interpretation of the reasonings behind the requirement is accurate. no further speculation necessary  :-*

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2010, 04:37:23 PM »
You know what bugs me about presidential elections, when people vote for a candidate because "oh he's one of us, he's one of the people, he's just like us, so he can relate to my issues"...

Fuck that, I don't want "one of us" to be president, I want fucking superman to be president, I want someone who's BETTER than us, because lets face it, the majority of "us" ain't all that great!

Can you imagine if someone from GETBIG became president!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD POOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSS STTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!
S

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2010, 05:30:07 PM »
can someone provide a legitimate argument for why the new immigration law shouldn't pass? I mean a real argument, not crying racism.
it has passed and is law