Author Topic: PJ Braun & Aaron Singerman Charged in Illegal Dietary Supplement Scheme  (Read 69164 times)

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Six people and two Florida corporations were charged in an indictment for their roles in a scheme to distribute illegal dietary supplements, the Department of Justice announced today.

Phillip Braun, 38, of Boca Raton, Florida, Aaron Singerman, 39, of Delray Beach, Florida, Robert DiMaggio, 49, of Henderson, Nevada, Anthony Ventrella, 41, of Boynton Beach, Florida, David Winsauer, 32, of Boca Raton, Florida, and James Boccuzzi, 34, of Parkland, Florida, were charged in a 14-count indictment that was returned by a federal grand jury in Miami, Florida on March 7, 2019, and was unsealed today.  The indictment also charged Blackstone Labs and Ventech Labs, two Florida limited liability companies in Palm Beach County, Florida.

The indictment alleges that the defendants sold hundreds of thousands of illegal products, including anabolic steroids, nationwide and internationally, fraudulently representing that those products and pills were high-quality, legal dietary supplements.  According to the indictment, the defendants created an illicit manufacturing company and routed sales of illegal products through trusted distributors, knowing that the products were unsafe or could not legally be sold to consumers.

“Fraud by supplement manufacturers and distributors is extremely dangerous for consumers, who rightly assume that a dietary supplement product sold in stores or online will not contain unapproved drugs,” said Assistant Attorney General Jody Hunt for the Department of Justice’s Civil Division. “These products are not safe and that is why we will continue to aggressively pursue and prosecute those who import, manufacture, and distribute dangerous and illegal ingredients for fraudulent purposes.”

“Consumers who use dietary supplements expect those products to be safe. When they contain drugs that are not FDA-approved, the health of the public is put at risk,” said Catherine A. Hermsen, Acting Director, FDA Office of Criminal Investigations. “We will continue to pursue and bring to justice those who place consumers’ health in jeopardy.”

All of the defendants were charged with one count of a conspiracy to defraud consumers and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) by selling products labeled as dietary supplements that contained unapproved new drugs, illegal steroids, and other ingredients that were hazardous and prohibited by law.  The indictment also charges Braun, an owner of Blackstone Labs, and Singerman, a former company owner, with two counts of introducing a product known as Super DMZ RX 2.0, an unapproved new drug, into interstate commerce.  The maximum punishment for the conspiracy to defraud is five years in prison and a fine of $250,000 or twice the gross gain or loss from the offense.  The maximum punishment for each of the two counts of introducing an unapproved new drug is three years in prison and a fine of $250,000 or twice the gross gain or loss from the offense.

The indictment further charges Braun, Singerman, and six other defendants with one count of a conspiracy to distribute anabolic steroids, which are Schedule III controlled substances under federal law and which may cause kidney failure, liver damage, and other permanent health problems when misused.  The indictment alleges that one person suffered serious bodily injury from the use of one of the steroids involved in the conspiracy.  The maximum punishment for the conspiracy to distribute controlled substances is 15 years’ imprisonment and a fine of $500,000 or twice the gross gain or loss from the offense.

The indictment additionally charges several defendants in three separate counts of distribution of anabolic steroids and charges Ventrella with one count of possession of an anabolic steroid with the intent to distribute.  The maximum punishment for each count of distribution of a controlled substance and for the count of possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute is 10 years in prison and a fine of $500,000.  Finally, Braun and Singerman are each charged with three counts of money laundering.  The maximum punishment for each money laundering charge is 10 years in prison and a fine of $250,000 or twice the amount of the property involved in the money laundering transaction.

“Illegal dietary supplements pose a public health risk,” stated U.S. Attorney Fajardo Orshan.  “The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Florida and our partners at the Food and Drug Administration strive to ensure that consumers are fully apprised of the ingredients contained in the substances they are ingesting.  Those who attempt to circumvent the law and create a public safety hazard will be held accountable.”

This case is being prosecuted by Trial Attorneys Alistair Reader and David Frank of the Department of Justice’s Consumer Protection Branch, with assistance from Daren Grove, Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida.  The case was investigated by FDA’s Office of Criminal Investigations with assistance from Sarah Hawkins of the Office of Chief Counsel.An indictment merely alleges that crimes have been committed. All defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Additional information about the Consumer Protection Branch and its enforcement efforts may be found at www.justice.gov/civil/consumer-protection-branch.  For more information about the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Florida, visit its website at https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdfl.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/six-individuals-and-two-companies-charged-illegal-dietary-supplement-scheme

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
maybe trump will bail these yids too

Redux

• Getbig IV
The only surprising thing about this is that it took this long.
Figured this would have happened at least three years ago.

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
Didn’t Vitamin Shop just list RedCon - you can bet you ass they’ll drop the brand now.

J

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Didn't even bother reading beyond the title to just reply....

"I'M SHOCKED!!! :o"

-  said No one

Dave D

• Getbig V
Six people and two Florida corporations were charged in an indictment for their roles in a scheme to distribute illegal dietary supplements, the Department of Justice announced today.

Phillip Braun, 38, of Boca Raton, Florida, Aaron Singerman, 39, of Delray Beach, Florida, Robert DiMaggio, 49, of Henderson, Nevada, Anthony Ventrella, 41, of Boynton Beach, Florida, David Winsauer, 32, of Boca Raton, Florida, and James Boccuzzi, 34, of Parkland, Florida, were charged in a 14-count indictment that was returned by a federal grand jury in Miami, Florida on March 7, 2019, and was unsealed today.  The indictment also charged Blackstone Labs and Ventech Labs, two Florida limited liability companies in Palm Beach County, Florida.

The indictment alleges that the defendants sold hundreds of thousands of illegal products, including anabolic steroids, nationwide and internationally, fraudulently representing that those products and pills were high-quality, legal dietary supplements.  According to the indictment, the defendants created an illicit manufacturing company and routed sales of illegal products through trusted distributors, knowing that the products were unsafe or could not legally be sold to consumers.

“Fraud by supplement manufacturers and distributors is extremely dangerous for consumers, who rightly assume that a dietary supplement product sold in stores or online will not contain unapproved drugs,” said Assistant Attorney General Jody Hunt for the Department of Justice’s Civil Division. “These products are not safe and that is why we will continue to aggressively pursue and prosecute those who import, manufacture, and distribute dangerous and illegal ingredients for fraudulent purposes.”

“Consumers who use dietary supplements expect those products to be safe. When they contain drugs that are not FDA-approved, the health of the public is put at risk,” said Catherine A. Hermsen, Acting Director, FDA Office of Criminal Investigations. “We will continue to pursue and bring to justice those who place consumers’ health in jeopardy.”

All of the defendants were charged with one count of a conspiracy to defraud consumers and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) by selling products labeled as dietary supplements that contained unapproved new drugs, illegal steroids, and other ingredients that were hazardous and prohibited by law.  The indictment also charges Braun, an owner of Blackstone Labs, and Singerman, a former company owner, with two counts of introducing a product known as Super DMZ RX 2.0, an unapproved new drug, into interstate commerce.  The maximum punishment for the conspiracy to defraud is five years in prison and a fine of $250,000 or twice the gross gain or loss from the offense.  The maximum punishment for each of the two counts of introducing an unapproved new drug is three years in prison and a fine of $250,000 or twice the gross gain or loss from the offense.

The indictment further charges Braun, Singerman, and six other defendants with one count of a conspiracy to distribute anabolic steroids, which are Schedule III controlled substances under federal law and which may cause kidney failure, liver damage, and other permanent health problems when misused.  The indictment alleges that one person suffered serious bodily injury from the use of one of the steroids involved in the conspiracy.  The maximum punishment for the conspiracy to distribute controlled substances is 15 years’ imprisonment and a fine of $500,000 or twice the gross gain or loss from the offense.

The indictment additionally charges several defendants in three separate counts of distribution of anabolic steroids and charges Ventrella with one count of possession of an anabolic steroid with the intent to distribute.  The maximum punishment for each count of distribution of a controlled substance and for the count of possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute is 10 years in prison and a fine of $500,000.  Finally, Braun and Singerman are each charged with three counts of money laundering.  The maximum punishment for each money laundering charge is 10 years in prison and a fine of $250,000 or twice the amount of the property involved in the money laundering transaction.

“Illegal dietary supplements pose a public health risk,” stated U.S. Attorney Fajardo Orshan.  “The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Florida and our partners at the Food and Drug Administration strive to ensure that consumers are fully apprised of the ingredients contained in the substances they are ingesting.  Those who attempt to circumvent the law and create a public safety hazard will be held accountable.”

This case is being prosecuted by Trial Attorneys Alistair Reader and David Frank of the Department of Justice’s Consumer Protection Branch, with assistance from Daren Grove, Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida.  The case was investigated by FDA’s Office of Criminal Investigations with assistance from Sarah Hawkins of the Office of Chief Counsel.An indictment merely alleges that crimes have been committed. All defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Additional information about the Consumer Protection Branch and its enforcement efforts may be found at www.justice.gov/civil/consumer-protection-branch.  For more information about the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Florida, visit its website at https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdfl.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/six-individuals-and-two-companies-charged-illegal-dietary-supplement-scheme

Hmmmm

Didnt tres taco combo have this conversation about how smart Singerman was?

I'll wait for Vince Goodrum to confirm and provide the real info.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Hmmmm

LOL!

1.  I do not buy redcon1 products

2. no idea they were selling juice pixie dusted into their pre workouts

3. when i said he was smart - not engineering smart or private equity "smart" but smart in the sense how he has redcon1 sales reps hawk his products on social media very similar how to herbal life got huge - he has his own customers MLM the product - am I sucker? no but i can see how the MLM supplement sales idea is a good way to grow your business... vs the traditional model of paying for retail space in GNC etc
3a. he had fancy titles for sales reps and went for the military term route (operator/delta) so weak minded suckers would feel good to be part of a sales organization like redcon1 etc etc -

i think he is smart how he made a function with a sucker born every minute game plan

didnt PJ mention he has been getting investigated for a long time over this? the feds kicked in his door etc?

Dave D

• Getbig V
LOL!

1.  I do not buy redcon1 products

2. no idea they were selling juice pixie dusted into their pre workouts

3. when i said he was smart - not engineering smart or private equity "smart" but smart in the sense how he has redcon1 sales reps hawk his products on social media very similar how to herbal life got huge - he has his own customers MLM the product - am I sucker? no but i can see how the MLM supplement sales idea is a good way to grow your business... vs the traditional model of paying for retail space in GNC etc

didnt PJ mention he has been getting investigated for a long time over this? the feds kicked in his door etc?

Oh I wasnt calling you out bro, I defended what you said.

I was referencing back to myself when I said Singerman is a proven businessman unless he gets busted for selling steroids.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

I was referencing back to myself when I said Singerman is a proven businessman unless he gets busted for selling steroids.

gotca - get big is the land of call outs - the ultimate recess playground :)

i wonder if they were selling straight gear? like UG stuff

or if they were selling supplements with traces of gear added into the recipe?

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

LOL!

I was gonna say....tres' post is verified or "X2", and I agreed with all in the other thread, and now.  marketing wise...singerman is amazing, but i guess druggies and thieves always be druggin and thieverin'  :P  Glad I read beyond to your post or us three would be posting against ourselves.  :-\

It's crazy how the mind will almost always take people back to who they really are inside no matter how much money/success they have, or how much they overcome.  Sometimes it's epic, but usually it's tragic and sad like this.  STOOOPID!

I'd say I wish him well, but like I said in the other thread I hate how he has used the military to gain success.  He's always revealed himself to be a piece of shit in every instance, and in every story about him the ending involves an instance of him using..........someone/something :-X

Dave D

• Getbig V
Re: PJ Braun & Aaron Singerman Charged in Illegal Dietary Supplement Scheme
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2019, 09:24:39 PM »
gotca - get big is the land of call outs - the ultimate recess playground :)

i wonder if they were selling straight gear? like UG stuff

or if they were selling supplements with traces of gear added into the recipe?

The last couple of big busts were real big news, like that dude who ran the hrt medical clinic in Miami,i'm sure this is more of a case of fraudulent advertising.

Theyre "just" being charged, they weren't arrested right?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2019, 09:31:19 PM »
LOL!

I was gonna say....tres' post is verified or "X2", and I agreed with all in the other thread, and now.  marketing wise...singerman is amazing, but i guess druggies and thieves always be druggin and thieverin'  :P  Glad I read beyond to your post or us three would be posting against ourselves.  :-\

It's crazy how the mind will almost always take people back to who they really are inside no matter how much money/success they have, or how much they overcome.  Sometimes it's epic, but usually it's tragic and sad like this.  STOOOPID!

I'd say I wish him well, but like I said in the other thread I hate how he has used the military to gain success.  He's always revealed himself to be a piece of shit in every instance, and in every story about him the ending involves an instance of him using..........someone/something :-X

Lol if it walks like a duck... Singerman knows the industry and I would hope he wouldn't sell anything dangerous, i'm sure it's all junk anyway.

PJ has always been a cool dude.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2019, 09:47:46 PM »
The last couple of big busts were real big news, like that dude who ran the hrt medical clinic in Miami,i'm sure this is more of a case of fraudulent advertising.

Theyre "just" being charged, they weren't arrested right?

Which clinics, and when?  Asking for a friend.....

Friend might have a little story to tell as well.....

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2019, 09:51:38 PM »
Hmmmm

Indeed, the charges are not official until an industry insider like Vince confirms them. Waiting to see his post about this.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2019, 10:06:17 PM »
Which clinics, and when?  Asking for a friend.....

Friend might have a little story to tell as well.....

The iron addicts gym in miami was the incident I was referencing:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article134261519.html

But I know Lakeland, FL had a big bust prior to this.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2019, 10:27:07 PM »
It's long but this is a nasty indictment which includes money laundering.  It also has a penalty section where Pj's and Aaron's homes are listed for potential forfeiture.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/1143411/download

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2019, 10:37:11 PM »
The last business I’d ever want would be the supplement business

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2019, 10:41:09 PM »
It's long but this is a nasty indictment which includes money laundering.  It also has a penalty section where Pj's and Aaron's homes are listed for potential forfeiture.

According to the penalty sheet, Brown faces up to to 86 years in prison and Singerman up to 66 years.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2019, 10:55:43 PM »
Hmmmm

No comment for obvious reasons.
A

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2019, 11:11:41 PM »
What's scary are the kids watch Generation Iron do a whole fucking multi-part series with shit called "From Fat to riches...Pj braun", or "The Muscle Mogul PJ" and they think its totally real. They'll defend PJ as an enrepreneur like Arnold, but now with MULTIPLE indictments. Its money laundering...its almost as old as steroids.

Same fucking shell game they are all running.  No one is old enough to remember Dan Duchaine? Busted for steroids, shelters some profits in Mm2000 and supplement bullshit but sneaks some hard shit into Ultimate Orange then gets it banned? The line between selling steroids and "going legit" is a dance bodybuilders have been trying to do for decades. This is just another.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2019, 11:16:24 PM »
What's scary are the kids watch Generation Iron do a whole fucking multi-part series with shit called "From Fat to riches...Pj braun", or "The Muscle Mogul PJ" and they think its totally real. They'll defend PJ as an enrepreneur like Arnold, biut now with MULTIPLE indictments. Its money laundering...its almost as old as steroids.

Same fucking shell game they are all running.  No one is old enough to remember Dan Duchaine? Busted for steroids, shelters some profits in Mm2000 and supplement bullshit but sneaks some hard shit into Ultimate Orange then gets it banned? The line between selling steroids and "going legit" is a dance bodybuilders have been trying to do for decades. This is just another.

Even so, that comparison has Duchaine rolling in the grave.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2019, 11:23:54 PM »
What's scary are the kids watch Generation Iron do a whole fucking multi-part series with shit called "From Fat to riches...Pj braun", or "The Muscle Mogul PJ" and they think its totally real. They'll defend PJ as an enrepreneur like Arnold, biut now with MULTIPLE indictments. Its money laundering...its almost as old as steroids.

I wonder if he will remove this pro hormone ad from his IG. 
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu6T-RdAKLi/

100mg Epiandrosterone is an anabolic compound which converts into the natural male hormone “DiHydroTestosterone” or “Stanolone”. Epiandrosterone is non-methylated and as a result will put little to no stress on the user’s liver. DHT is five times more Androgenic than testosterone. As a dry compound, users will experience lean muscle gains while also increasing lipolysis (fat loss). 25mg 7-Hydroxy DHEA is a naturally occurring metabolite of DHEA, but unlike normal DHEA, 7-Hydroxy DHEA does not metabolize into sex hormones allowing it to provide many of the same benefits of DHEA but without the associated side effects. 7-Hydroxy DHEA is responsible for activating enzymes responsible for fatty acid and carbohydrate metabolism. As we age the body’s production of 7-Hydroxy DHEA declines which results in a decline in your metabolic rate. Clinical studies have shown that 7-Hydroxy DHEA helps to increase metabolism and improve one's body mass index.

50mg (25r)-5alpha-spirostan-2alpha, 3beta, 5alpha-triol-6-OH is an adaptogen capable of activating a wide range of anabolic processes, such as promoting lean muscle growth by increasing nitrogen retention and proteins synthesis while also lowering body fat levels and improving sleep for better recovery and improving mental acuity.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2019, 01:35:02 AM »
Poor Genova is going to be crushed if Coach PJ gets tossed in the clink.

Can't say they weren't warned, everyone smart got out of the prohormone business on the US side years ago.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2019, 02:10:13 AM »

Pages 11 - 17 are :(. These guys aren't shaking this one off.