Author Topic: something stopping??  (Read 1019 times)

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
something stopping??
« on: February 04, 2009, 11:22:50 AM »
have you ever felt something is stopping you from doing something?happned to me today with my back was doing deadlifts, normally with 225 lbs i can get 12 easy reps, but today after 5 reps the bar slipped off my hands, i felt certainly down, does your mind stops you sometime even though you try ur best to physically push urself....... ???

Geo

• Getbig IV
Re: something stopping??
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 01:10:39 PM »
sounds like you need to put a little more effort into mentally prepping yourself before you go in each time....

learn to expect something (a certain level) regarding poundage or reps relative to the last time you were there !

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 01:13:45 PM »
somedays you just have to leave the gym.listen to your mind and what your body is telling you.those days should be few and far between if your eating right and getting enough sleep though.
DAWG

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 01:48:51 PM »
somedays you just have to leave the gym.listen to your mind and what your body is telling you.those days should be few and far between if your eating right and getting enough sleep though.

Ya, while other times you're not complely tired but not that up either, you can do a workout that's status quo, just getting thru it.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 05:22:51 PM »
You could have just had a bad day.  It happens to everyone I'm sure, where you're halfway through a workout, and you just don't feel right.  There are a number of reasons it could have happened.  Did you get a good nights sleep?  Did you eat before going to the gym?  Were you dehydrated?  Have you recently been ill?

Best thing to do is write it off as an off day and set yourself a target for next week to motivate yourself.

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 09:44:36 PM »
hmmm looks like it,

sleep = i dont sleep more than 6-8 hrs
but i was ill 2 weeks ago which made me loose 5 pounds plus lot of strength,
it could have been phsycological reasons ,be it domestic problems,any personal problems,
let see how it goes.... better luck next time

thanks