Author Topic: tiger woods  (Read 6793 times)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: tiger woods
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2008, 02:19:47 PM »
poor logic.

i didnt say that everyone who plays golf likes watching golf. i said that you have to play golf to like watching golf. ...

take a course in reasoning.

I think grampas that can't play golf watch golf...
A

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2008, 02:43:09 PM »
Well you shouldn't be, even if you don't like Golf, he is AMAZING to watch, he is the best ever in his chosen sport, guys like him come along once in a  lifetime, next time he is on tv take a look, you may be surprised.

Also the first billionaire athlete, and I guarantee he can bench 300, 300 is nothing, most people can bench 300 by 16 years old, unless you workout like a pussy. Woods is known for legendary workouts.
MICHAEL SCHUMACHER

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2008, 04:44:25 PM »
How do you figure?

Because it's the Asian half that makes him so solid around the greens. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2008, 04:46:19 PM »
No golf does sucks to watch.

Not true - they've got some of the *best* announcers out of all sports.  I think it helps if viewers like the game, though.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2008, 04:51:23 PM »
Because it's the Asian half that makes him so solid around the greens. 
haha tru dat!

every asian i ever played with9that was half way decent) was a fucking stick, man. hitting the majority of fairways, gir, and rarely three putting.

The Coach

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2008, 04:07:32 PM »
To help clear things up about this speculation. 1. He probably could. 2. He wouldn't sacrifice his $100mil per shoulders to try it. You don't do pressing (heavy, if at all) pressing movements when training golfers, especially Tiger Woods!

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2008, 04:13:19 PM »
i have a tee time on Saturday yeah!!! ;D
A

The Coach

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2008, 04:17:35 PM »
i have a tee time on Saturday yeah!!! ;D

I'm back to playing twice per week. I workout twice a week and play golf once or twice per week and go to the driving range in between.

phenom

• Getbig II
  • The better you look the more you see
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2008, 04:21:17 PM »
Couple years ago before a major they showed Tiger training. I caught the whole segment it was about 3 mins long. They showed him on an elliptical, doing smith squats and yes on the bench. During the whole segment they framed it so you never saw the actual weights just his face and torso. He was not as muscular as men from other sports but for a golfer I was a little impressed. At the end the interviewer asked him if he was worried the weights would hamper his swing? He said something like the weights are the big reason hes stayed injury free.

The Coach

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2008, 04:27:38 PM »
He said something like the weights are the big reason hes stayed injury free.

Oh, I have no doubt about that, but IMO no trainer in his right mind would have a high dollar tour player do anything with a straight bar or smith for upperbody pressing movements. Not doubting you, but hopefully his protocol has changed since then. Weights are the primary reason to help keep injury free.

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2008, 05:37:54 PM »
woods is my golf idol..i have the sasquatch bag,, sasquatch driver, nike golf shoes, nike golf hat...nike rain gear...  i dont have nike irons, wedges, or putter, and i dont use nike balls. but thats only because i take golf pretty seriously and im not going to use shitty equipment just because tiger does.  but the sasquatch series is all pretty top of the line.

any other golfers here on getbig? handicapps? i used to play to a 10 handicap back in 7th grade..now im probably like an 18 or 20 handicap.

10 handicap in 7th grade is pretty impressive!  I used to play a lot.  I had my handicap down to a 6.7 in high school, but bodybuilding and other stuff has become more important since.  My brother is actually trying to make it as a pro.  He is going to Q-school next summer.  He is sponsored by the same guys that got Rich Beem's career started.

spach23

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2008, 09:15:23 AM »
woods is my golf idol..i have the sasquatch bag,, sasquatch driver, nike golf shoes, nike golf hat...nike rain gear...  i dont have nike irons, wedges, or putter, and i dont use nike balls. but thats only because i take golf pretty seriously and im not going to use shitty equipment just because tiger does.  but the sasquatch series is all pretty top of the line.

any other golfers here on getbig? handicapps? i used to play to a 10 handicap back in 7th grade..now im probably like an 18 or 20 handicap.

Yep. I play to a 5 or 6 in the peak months. Its a pain in the ass to try to play sore after working out though.

Moosejay

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2008, 03:05:41 PM »
Well you shouldn't be, even if you don't like Golf, he is AMAZING to watch, he is the best ever in his chosen sport, guys like him come along once in a  lifetime, next time he is on tv take a look, you may be surprised.

Also the first billionaire athlete, and I guarantee he can bench 300, 300 is nothing, most people can bench 300 by 16 years old, unless you workout like a pussy. Woods is known for legendary workouts.

I have worked out for about 30 years, and only put up 300 once...it was a bit over that, but not much.

However, strangely, I was able to put up more weight on the incline becnh than flat bench, and , for most, inclines are more difficult.

And I have been called a lot of things, but 'pussy' ain't one of them.

Nothing against Tiger...he's the best. But I personally feel golf is a waste of real estate.

Moosejay

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2008, 03:07:15 PM »
To help clear things up about this speculation. 1. He probably could. 2. He wouldn't sacrifice his $100mil per shoulders to try it. You don't do pressing (heavy, if at all) pressing movements when training golfers, especially Tiger Woods!

Agree on all, Joe.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2008, 08:46:06 AM »
i seriously doubt it! anyone who can press a legit 300 is a pretty strong mo'fucker! i'm talking about a full range rep with no bounce or bridge. and some of you fellas really consider golf a sport??? bahahahahaha!!!! come on now, sport's usually involve some kind of injury risk, when would you get injured playing golf???? maybe getting picked-off by a golf cart 8)

The Coach

« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2008, 09:07:32 AM »
i seriously doubt it! anyone who can press a legit 300 is a pretty strong mo'fucker! i'm talking about a full range rep with no bounce or bridge. and some of you fellas really consider golf a sport??? bahahahahaha!!!! come on now, sport's usually involve some kind of injury risk, when would you get injured playing golf???? maybe getting picked-off by a golf cart 8)

Mmmmm, I see you're not too well versed on sports injuries. Lets start with wrist, hip, lower and upper back and neck injuries not to mention possible injuries to the abdominal wall. Go and swing a golf club about 300 times in 4 hour period then come see me.

Know what you're talking about before you post crap like this.....thanks for coming, don't forget to tip your waiter on the way out!!

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2008, 09:21:17 AM »
Mmmmm, I see you're not too well versed on sports injuries. Lets start with wrist, hip, lower and upper back and neck injuries not to mention possible injuries to the abdominal wall. Go and swing a golf club about 300 times in 4 hour period then come see me.

Know what you're talking about before you post crap like this.....thanks for coming, don't forget to tip your waiter on the way out!!
i see.... so are darts and billiards sports too??? and you're trying to tell me that golfers are in the same league as baseball, basketball, football players when it comes to the potential for injury? give me a fucking break!!! oh... and by the way, i played basketball in high school and for 2 years at community college, so i know something about sports injuries as seeing that i've had 2 knee surgeries from playing hoops

The Coach

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2008, 09:37:42 AM »
i see.... so are darts and billiards sports too??? and you're trying to tell me that golfers are in the same league as baseball, basketball, football players when it comes to the potential for injury? give me a fucking break!!! oh... and by the way, i played basketball in high school and for 2 years at community college, so i know something about sports injuries as seeing that i've had 2 knee surgeries from playing hoops

LOL....so wait, you're comparing darts and billiards to golf? When can throw a dart or hit a billiard ball 180mph then you might be on to something. Yes, although not to the extent, Tour players have injuries, all of the one's I described and a couple I forgot, like rotator cuff injuries (tears, irritations, etc).

As most know on here, I train pro athletes for a living, have for along time. If I didn't know what I was talking about they wouldn't come to me. Just because you've have a surgery doesn't mean you know what you are talking about. What kind of injury was it?

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2008, 09:49:41 AM »
you guys are missing the point...Tiger Woods has one of the biggest Ego's in all the sports world...M. Jordan is one of his best friends...These guys gamble on almost everything they do even ping pong games...With that much ego, there is no doubt that if Jordan or Barkley bet tiger on a bench press, he would know doubt try it(if he knew that he could of course)...

It doesn't take a genius to realise how Tiger used to play the game...The guy would take full out hacks in 3 feet of straw grass that would break other peoples wrists...He is a gambler true and true...And there is no doubt that he would put his body on the line for a simple bench press...

The Coach

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2008, 09:57:20 AM »

The guy would take full out hacks in 3 feet of straw grass that would break other peoples wrists...He is a gambler true and true...And there is no doubt that he would put his body on the line for a simple bench press...

You actually think if he was to put his body on the line for a bet his sponsers wouldn't think twice about dropping his ass. It's one thing to bet on trivial things, but quite another to bet on your career. I guaranty he's not stupid like that.

The Coach

« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2008, 09:59:01 AM »
Oh look, this freak is winning AGAIN!!

http://www.pgatour.com/

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2008, 11:57:21 AM »
LOL....so wait, you're comparing darts and billiards to golf? When can throw a dart or hit a billiard ball 180mph then you might be on to something. Yes, although not to the extent, Tour players have injuries, all of the one's I described and a couple I forgot, like rotator cuff injuries (tears, irritations, etc).

As most know on here, I train pro athletes for a living, have for along time. If I didn't know what I was talking about they wouldn't come to me. Just because you've have a surgery doesn't mean you know what you are talking about. What kind of injury was it?
dislocated my kneecap, and had 2 surgeries. 1st time was a scope and he flushed out 3 little chips of cartilage, what he called "joint mice" and he also gave me a "lateral release". i popped it out again shortly after my rehab and this time he cut the kneecap tendon? in half and tied it back together and with that he said, "if you don't quit playing ball, you'll most likely be back for another surgery" so, i gave up the hoop :'(

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2008, 01:15:37 AM »
300 is nothing "most" people bench that by 16!!! ::)  You must wo ::) out at onlyme's gym, as 300lb is a lot of weight and id say less that 0.1% of 16 year olds can do it

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2008, 01:45:42 AM »
300 is nothing "most" people bench that by 16!!! ::)  You must wo ::) out at onlyme's gym, as 300lb is a lot of weight and id say less that 0.1% of 16 year olds can do it
I must of went to the wrong Highschool, no 300 benches there not even 225.

Tiger can hit the ball 350 yards with his swing that goes 180degrees, he be an idiot to put to much muscle on his frame,he definately has the best physique in world golf so i say he works out but 300 is a huge strech.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2008, 04:19:04 AM »
its not like hes claiming 400 or even 350, 300 bench is pretty obtainable by anybody that works out as long as he has...