Author Topic: Tiger Woods - admits to the affair!  (Read 11180 times)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Re: Tiger Woods - admits to the affair!
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2009, 09:05:00 AM »
Isn't McCartney worth over $1 billion? From what I read, he made out like a champ in that divorce. He could have gotten taken for a lot more.

$100 million is a lot, but it's still only 10% of $1 billion. And I think it was $50 million that she got.

I'm guessing Tiger was smart enough to sign a pre-nup.

Yes, he is worth 1 billion, but that's still a hell of a lot to pay to some worthless bitch who rode his coattails for 7 years and has no legit career or income, no ?

I wouldn't exactly call it 'making out like a champ'  we can say he didn't get bent over and gangraped.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2009, 09:05:41 AM »

Celebrities cannot conveniently decide when they want to be public (ie, earn millions because they are well known) and when they want to be private (ie, in the midst of a scandal). If they want privacy they should just live in obscurity like the rest of us....which, of course, means giving up the big bucks, free fancy cars and royal treatment.

::)

While I might agree with you when we're talking about attention-whores that seek publicity for the benefits they believe it offers (think Paris Hilton et. al.), Tiger has always kept his private life private and acted low-key in public.  On the golf course and related events, he's at work, then he's done working and he goes home just like the rest of us.  Just because he's well-paid for what he does that shouldn't mean he's not entitled to a personal life like anyone else.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2009, 09:10:32 AM »
While I might agree with you when we're talking about attention-whores that seek publicity for the benefits they believe it offers (think Paris Hilton et. al.), Tiger has always kept his private life private and acted low-key in public.  On the golf course and related events, he's at work, then he's done working and he goes home just like the rest of us.  Just because he's well-paid for what he does that shouldn't mean he's not entitled to a personal life like anyone else.

What do you care?  He has some black blood and you hate blacks.  Aren't you happy?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2009, 09:22:02 AM »
What do you care?  He has some black blood and you hate blacks.  Aren't you happy?
Wiggs calling a spade a spade a spade. Nicely done, Sir.   ;D

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2009, 09:22:33 AM »
Disappointing?  Yes.  Surprising?  No.  What is surprising his how poorly this was handled by Tiger and his handlers.  His late call for "privacy" is silly.
Someone on another forum said it best:

Celebrities cannot conveniently decide when they want to be public (ie, earn millions because they are well known) and when they want to be private (ie, in the midst of a scandal). If they want privacy they should just live in obscurity like the rest of us....which, of course, means giving up the big bucks, free fancy cars and royal treatment.

::)

Tiger Woods is a professional athlete not a pop singer.  He makes money by playing golf and winning tournaments.  He's not a music singer or an actor.  As far as the press is concerned, he's referring to the gossip magazines who profit off digging up dirt on people and I've never liked that

Personally, I think he has a point and when he made the statement and at least he's acted in proper form
A

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2009, 09:24:38 AM »
Tiger finally has some cred in the hood now
I'm sure a tattoo of a pit bull or a gun is in his future

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2009, 09:28:19 AM »
Yes, he is worth 1 billion, but that's still a hell of a lot to pay to some worthless bitch who rode his coattails for 7 years and has no legit career or income, no ?

I wouldn't exactly call it 'making out like a champ'  we can say he didn't get bent over and gangraped.

I'd call it making out like a champ when she could have ended up with $500 million. It's not like she was going to come out with $0. He did pretty good mitigating his losses in my opinion. I'm not saying it's a good thing but I guess I'm looking at it from a "glass half full" perspective.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2009, 09:29:06 AM »
who gives a shit about some golf club swinging moron

dumbest sport ever

spinnis

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2009, 09:30:23 AM »
Hold on now!!

A black fella cheating on his baby's moma?

never heard that before!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2009, 09:30:38 AM »
While I might agree with you when we're talking about attention-whores that seek publicity for the benefits they believe it offers (think Paris Hilton et. al.), Tiger has always kept his private life private and acted low-key in public.  On the golf course and related events, he's at work, then he's done working and he goes home just like the rest of us.  Just because he's well-paid for what he does that shouldn't mean he's not entitled to a personal life like anyone else.

In theory I might agree with you but not in practice.  When a celebrity secures all manner of endorsement deals, they are trading their privacy for money.  Endorsement deals are secured because the vendor specifically wants the public to look at you, pay lots of attention to you, notice you (and the choices you make).  In effect, they hold you up as a model or example for the public to follow.  We now live in a world where celebrities endorse products that have nothing to do with what they are known for.  Michael Jordan endorsing a basketball shoe is one thing… as would Tiger endorsing a gulf club, but doesn’t he also have endorsement deals with American Express, Buick, and lots of other things that have nothing to do with gulf?  

The point is, when you hold yourself out the public as an example that should be followed, there is a price to pay (lost endorsements, loss of privacy, tabloid gossip, etc.) when you fail to be a good example—especially if/when your endorsements are tied to maintaining a squeaky clean image.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2009, 09:41:48 AM »
In theory I might agree with you but not in practice.  When a celebrity secures all manner of endorsement deals, they are trading their privacy for money.  Endorsement deals are secured because the vendor specifically wants the public to look at you, pay lots of attention to you, notice you (and the choices you make).  In effect, they hold you up as a model or example for the public to follow.  We now live in a world where celebrities endorse products that have nothing to do with what they are known for.  Michael Jordan endorsing a basketball shoe is one thing… as would Tiger endorsing a gulf club, but doesn’t he also have endorsement deals with American Express, Buick, and lots of other things that have nothing to do with gulf?  

The point is, when you hold yourself out the public as an example that should be followed, there is a price to pay (lost endorsements, loss of privacy, tabloid gossip, etc.) when you fail to be a good example—especially if/when your endorsements are tied to maintaining a squeaky clean image.

This is retarded...

Fact. Obama just said we are sending 30k more troops to the middle east to the black hole war.
Fact. Its gonna cost billions more during the tail end of a RECESSION
And this was last night...

But Foxnews.com's front page is "tiger woods Crisis"

Are you fuckin kidding me.. He is famous for putting white ball in hole in a bunch of grass...Why do we care about who he bangs...I dont and im freaking steaming right now because this isnt news

Its not like he was a big time preacher and he was found out to be a satanist on the low...This is a sports figure with a billion dollars,  who banged a few chicks...And this takes front page over Obama saying "we are deploying 30k more men and women to the shitty  war"

And about his endorsement deals. Dude its his personal money. It isnt like The Patino thing... He is a state employee that has direct influence on college students at a state school. And he had a morals clause in his contract...

This is a private citizen who isnt running for any public office...he swings a golf club and thats why he is famous...he isnt famous for his morals....

Shit as a billionare, i would think it strange if he didnt have a lot of bitches

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2009, 09:43:24 AM »

Are you retarded or something??   Signing an endorsement contract doesn't mean you sign away your basic rights to personal privacy...... ::)

Even if Tiger did, his wife didn't and the gossip tabs are not doing her any favors...especially since they published phony nude photos of her last time.  There really should be more control over gossip rags because they are really messing with people's live
A

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2009, 09:44:09 AM »

Are you retarded or something??   Signing an endorsement contract doesn't mean you sign away your basic rights to personal privacy...... ::)
Even if Tiger did, his wife didn't and the gossip tabs are not doing her any favors...especially since they published phony nude photos of her last time.  There really should be more control over gossip rags because they are really messing with people's live

word

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2009, 09:48:05 AM »

Um. Your 'basic rights to personal privacy' are somewhat mediated by morals clauses' in contracts today.  These are almost standard. Kind of a contract fudge factor.  

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2009, 09:49:30 AM »
"I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!"

Wang watch: Where did Tiger's penis go?  Updates at 11.

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2009, 10:01:50 AM »
At least he was bangin some hotties.

kate hudson would be perfect for cheetah

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2009, 10:06:46 AM »
I'd call it making out like a champ when she could have ended up with $500 million. It's not like she was going to come out with $0. He did pretty good mitigating his losses in my opinion. I'm not saying it's a good thing but I guess I'm looking at it from a "glass half full" perspective.

Either way, we're getting a little ahead of ourselves at least in regards to tiger woods... he's still a month or two away from going down that 'treacherous' path, we should start up a betting pool though to see how much he does end up losing... I say she'll go for the heart, kids, house and at least 15%

McCartney got off far better then some other guys.. (Johnny Carson..ouch)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2009, 10:10:30 AM »
its irresponsible to american taxpayers for "news" outlets to run "tiger penis watch 2009"  instead of giving details about the "war we are paying for" and its just sad that, what gets ratings is this retarded shit. yes its a good business decision by the networks, but it says a lot about our society when "tiger crisis" takes presidence over a major war time decision....how many lives are effected by "tiger gate" (about 6...tops) and how mnany people are effected by the new serge (billions spaning the globe...)
thats what should determine front page news

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2009, 10:15:16 AM »
its irresponsible to american taxpayers for "news" outlets to run "tiger penis watch 2009"  instead of giving details about the "war we are paying for" and its just sad that, what gets ratings is this retarded shit. yes its a good business decision by the networks, but it says a lot about our society when "tiger crisis" takes presidence over a major war time decision....how many lives are effected by "tiger gate" (about 6...tops) and how mnany people are effected by the new serge (billions spaning the globe...)
thats what should determine front page news

How can I put this gently... you made 'em, now ya gotta raise 'em... this is all because of the MTV generation, the kids from the 80's and the 90's and 2000's are a bunch of absolutely retarded, brain dead dipshits obsessed with pop, pop culture, pizza, bubble gum and celebrities, no spine or backbone like the previous generations...I blame mtv entirely.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2009, 10:18:18 AM »
How can I put this gently... you made 'em, now ya gotta raise 'em... this is all because of the MTV generation, the kids from the 80's and the 90's and 2000's are a bunch of absolutely retarded, brain dead dipshits obsessed with pop, pop culture, pizza, bubble gum and celebrities, no spine or backbone like the previous generations...I blame mtv entirely.

The paradigm shift to "style over substance" has made this country a joke. Bunch of instant gratification, me, me, me little bitches

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2009, 10:24:06 AM »
The paradigm shift to "style over substance" has made this country a joke. Bunch of instant gratification, me, me, me little bitches

LOL..

Exactly, and i blame Newt for this

While Bill was in office
4 Trillion Surplus
Unemployment is low.
No major wars

Impeach him....he got a blow job

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2009, 11:16:54 AM »
you might want to reconsider this statement.

Everywhere i went in Occident, it's the same thing happening, not just in the USA. Travel to any european country and it's exactly the same crap.

Hopefully good down to earth genuine people still exist everywhere, and keep on raising their childs that way.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2009, 11:21:03 AM »

LOL..

Exactly, and i blame Newt for this

While Bill was in office
4 Trillion Surplus
Unemployment is low.
No major wars

Impeach him....he got a blow job

Fucking right, Clinton was one of the best ever! nice of 'W' to completely fuck shit up for 8 years afterwards... and what now? a huge recession, most of the U.S forces camping out in a fucking empty desert running around after towelhedas with ak's.. hunting for osama, good job W

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2009, 11:22:45 AM »
those who think wood's need not bear responsibility publicly for what he's done and has a 'right' to privacy are fuck wits.

woods has a social responsibility to either a) keep his shit out of the press, or b) answer for his actions publicly if he can't.

why? because he's employed by muliti billion dollar companies as a spokesperson, he's a moral figurehead the minute he signs that contract and he know that responsibility.

it's his fucking job to look stellar to the public. if he was some golfer winning tournaments with no endorsement contracts to represent a product or company i would agree- he deserves privacy.

now all you crybabies are 'where's tiger's rights?'

ahahahahahahaha
b

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2009, 11:27:16 AM »
Um. Your 'basic rights to personal privacy' are somewhat mediated by morals clauses' in contracts today.  These are almost standard. Kind of a contract fudge factor.  

Tiger Woods doesn't have a contract with the National Enquirer or Star Magazine... ::) If Nike and Buick have an issue with Tiger, they would take it up with him in private
A