Author Topic: IFBB PRO DAN HILL: Training Series  (Read 27872 times)

bigdanhill

• Pros
  • Getbig I
IFBB PRO DAN HILL: Training Series
« on: December 08, 2009, 10:19:45 AM »
http://www.pakkotoisto.com

Last weekend, 11 weeks out of my Pro debut, I had the opportunity again, to have a great photo shooting with Mike Siren in Helsinki. On our two Shooting days we took tons of great pictures and especially the Gym-Series which is showing my training turned out to be extraordinary good. Mike and I decided to use this series not only for a simple gallery but also to explain the Users of Pakkotoisto.com the way I am training.

I hope you enjoy the pictures and maybe they can even motivate you to try out these ideas I am talking about. Train Hard and go for your dreams !

Arms

Biceps :

Like for many tall Bodybuilders, Arms is also for myself a weaker muscle group compared to the rest of the body. That means for me to emphasize the focus on this muscle and to work on it even more special. Truly, Arms and Calves can probably never be big enough. As long as they don’t grow in a totally freaky way they won’t harm your symmetry and for this reason, even people having relatively strong arms, can possibly use my strategy to stimulate the Arms to new levels of growing.

bigdanhill

• Pros
  • Getbig I
Re: IFBB PRO DAN HILL: Training Series
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 10:20:26 AM »
A long time I trained Biceps very heavy and basicly I just focused on the amount of weight.
I allowed myself to cheat in my biceps workouts and for many people (probably the genetically gifted ones) even this seems to work. But after some months or maybe years in my case, I simply had to realize that it is not working for me. The shape of my Biceps is simply not responding on this kind of training. Finally in 2006 I started to change many things. I started a slow and controlled movement. I completely forced myself not to aim for any weights anymore and I realized how the changes started to work.

The results were great so far but after one year I found another big mistake I was doing over the years. I trained the Brachialis only every few weeks, but I seen that this muscle is almost not visible on all of my stage pictures. So the Brachialis became another big part of every Biceps workout. I still need to work on it, but after 2 years I can say that it improved already.

But speaking about the facts of my current Biceps workout, I want to give some numbers:

* 5 Sets: Main Exercise: SZ-Curls, Barbell Curls, Dumbell Curls or Seated Dumbell Curls
* 3 Sets: Isolation Exercise: Concetration-Curls or Scott-curls (Dumbell or Barbell),
* 3 Sets: Brachialis: Hammercurls, Scott-Hammer-Curls or Hammer-curl maschine
* 3 Sets: Pump: High Barbell Curls with light weight or Reverse Barbell Curls
* 4 Supersets of Forearms

bigdanhill

• Pros
  • Getbig I
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 10:21:37 AM »
You can see the really heavy part of my workout consists only of nine Sets, as the first exercise includes 2 warm-up sets. So I limit my workout to a few exercises and keep the focus on a controlled movement, using the whole range of motion and taking the highest possible amount of weight to get 6-8 reps.

But there is another day of the week, when I train my arms again.
Basicly the heavy training, you read about just a few lines ago, reminds on an European way of training, but on my many trips to the USA I also seen many Americans training quite successfully their arms only by pumping the muscles. I never really get a satisfied feeling by doing only a “pump-training”, but as it seems to work for them, it was also worth for me to try. So I added another Training Session, only consisting of cable exercises, to my weekly schedule.
In this training I am using Supersets by combining one biceps exercise with one triceps exercise. At my heavy Arm-training day, I prefer to train biceps in the morning and triceps in the evening. On the “Pump-day” I stay around 12-15 reps and the results in 2009 got better and better.
Truly, my arms still need a lot of work, but they slowly start to match the rest of my body.

Example for a “Pump-training”:

* 4 sets One-Arm cable curls with 4 sets Pushdowns
* 4 sets high cable curls with 4 sets Dip machine
* 4 sets Hammer-cable curls with 4 sets one arm cable pushdowns

bigdanhill

• Pros
  • Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 10:22:26 AM »
Triceps :

The triceps is probably the easiest muscle to stimulate it’s growing.
Basicly you cannot do anything wrong unless you start to cheat in an extremely brutal way.
Most of the movement is happening by itself and as long as you really push the weight in a proper way, you can be sure that the triceps gets some work.
For competitive Bodybuilders it should be also important to mention that you have to listen to the body again, especially with this muscle. If you train too heavy or simply not in the right way, soon you might get problems with your joints. It is more important for me to use the whole range of motion, when doing pushdowns for example, instead of using a freaky weight.
I have seen a few Pros already getting some kind of infection at the tendon and because of that they needed a surgery which destroyed the shape of the triceps completely. The muscle looks torn and the loss of symmetry is the sad result.

bigdanhill

• Pros
  • Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 10:23:41 AM »
Next to Pushdowns which is definitely a “must to do” in every training I can say that French Press or also called Skull Crushers are probably the best exercise to develop the triceps based on my experience.

So here is finally an example for my usual Triceps workout:

* 4 sets Pushdowns
* 4 sets Skull Crushers
* 4 sets Kick backs
* 3 sets dips on a bench (only in diet)

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 10:53:48 AM »
I think u will regret this! U got flaws, the hyenas at get big will see it, and as soon they arrive they will be all over you and rip you apart :D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 10:58:56 AM »
'Sometimes the honesty's too much...'    :'(

bigdanhill

• Pros
  • Getbig I
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 11:00:16 AM »
I won't regret it ;)
People can say what they want, but they cant stop me from doing what I like.
I am very happy about how the things are going right now and I am very optimistic to proof all the negativity wrong.

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 11:05:59 AM »
Dear random generic juice head ,

We dont need advices about lifting weights to stimulate muscle growth... the only thing you know that I dont know is how to inject steroids, that's the only fucking difference.

Like we need your tips to curl dumbells or do cable pushdowns to make our biceps and triceps grow bigger  (especially when yours are incredibly weak, sad considering the tons of juice you re on) ::)

I love it how these retards always think they know more than the guy who has an internet access to exercices databases and free articles about the basics of nutrition and biology. The only stuff they can access and  i cant /dont want to access to, are steroids and hgh, period.

oh, and epic poor genetics for arms too.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 11:07:33 AM »

We dont need advices about lifting weights to stimulate muscle growth... the only thing you know that I dont know is how to inject steroids, that's the only fucking difference.

Like we need your tips to curl dumbells and make our biceps grow bigger  ::)

I love it how these retards always think they know more than the guy who has an internet access to exercices databases and free articles about the basics of nutrition and biology.
LOL. Ouch! And we're off.    ;D

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 11:08:08 AM »
Looking good..really gotta bring up those triceps tho...but who am I to judge, i don't even workout.

Your triceps are indeed amazingly weak. Those triceps don't belong on a pro, almost looks like you may have torn them at some point.

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 11:11:56 AM »
Your BICEPS AND TRICEPS are indeed amazingly weak.

fixed

Rarely seen forearms as big as uperarms...

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 11:24:19 AM »
Get big is good for one thing. If u want to hear the truth.

Post pictures of yourself, if u get positive feedback then u probably got some pro material, if u don't, stop waste your time and ruin your body with high amount of drugs.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2009, 11:28:50 AM »

Like we need your tips to curl dumbells or do cable pushdowns to make our biceps and triceps grow bigger  (especially when yours are incredibly weak, sad considering the tons of juice you re on) ::)

I love it how these retards always think they know more than the guy who has an internet access to exercices databases and free articles about the basics of nutrition and biology. The only stuff they can access and  i cant /dont want to access to, are steroids and hgh, period.

Oh shit :o

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2009, 11:39:59 AM »

To summarize,

IT'S ALL TREN.
asstropin

L00n

• Getbig IV
  • Bulgaria
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2009, 12:06:24 PM »
Get big is good for one thing. If u want to hear the truth.

respect!

about the pics.... nice photoshop ... did Milos help you with something?

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2009, 02:59:37 PM »
you have a horrible taper, looks like you got a big gut...

Say about him what u want, I don't give a shit, but horrible taper and a big gut?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2009, 03:57:39 PM »
is there something wrong with your arms? :-\

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2009, 04:04:06 PM »
Putting Milos's advises to use i see.. ;)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2009, 04:15:54 PM »
Aww shit.....Run dan!!!!!!!!!! Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2009, 04:21:27 PM »
really bad arms, with an emphasis on really

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2009, 04:25:11 PM »
Watch that right shoulder on the seated hammer curls. 
Just looking out, if it's a sterile abscess, no biggie. 

Good luck at your next show!
Y

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2009, 04:27:48 PM »

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2009, 04:33:24 PM »

You have horrible arms.. truly bad arms, and you came here to school people on arm training? Hehe.. wow. What are those bad boys.. 16.5, 17 inches?

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2009, 04:38:19 PM »

You have horrible arms.. truly bad arms, and you came here to school people on arm training? Hehe.. wow. What are those bad boys.. 16.5, 17 inches?

HAHAHAHA whats next from Dan Downhill? advice on what he does for those massive calves