Author Topic: Covergirl introduces coverboy  (Read 4431 times)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: Covergirl introduces coverboy
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2016, 10:00:16 AM »
I'm disgusted.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2016, 11:12:22 AM »
I'm disgusted.

Every straight man is, even if they claim to not be because they're "so progressive"

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2016, 11:23:30 AM »

Why are you freaking out?

It's just a gay who likes make up. Nothing particularly new.

After all, the best are always men.
Be it make up artists, shoe designers, hairdressers... they might often be gay but men anyways. Men always emerge on top of everything - even in female specialties. Hell I watched (no homo) a TV program where drag queen man was teaching women how to walk with high heels.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2016, 11:44:33 AM »
Why are you freaking out?

It's just a gay who likes make up. Nothing particularly new.

After all, the best are always men.
Be it make up artists, shoe designers, hairdressers... they might often be gay but men anyways. Men always emerge on top of everything - even in female specialties. Hell I watched (no homo) a TV program where drag queen man was teaching women how to walk with high heels.

There's nothing wrong with men wearing makeup. There's nothing wrong with men dressing as women. Nothing ABOUT this ad is inherently wrong. What IS wrong, is society teaching men that being "MANly" is wrong. Toxic masculinity and all that SJW bullshit. If that wasn't their mantra, and this guy happened to be picked to be a covergirl/boy/whatever, I wouldn't even bat an eye. People in marketing know what they're doing, and what's best for their brand. So when the whole world is trying to tell us that being a man is wrong, then they latch on to that and pull this shit. They're enabling the SJWs to keep saying that being manly is toxic to the world, and that men should act more like women.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2016, 12:29:44 PM »
Ad is wrong. Men wearing makeup, Men dressing as women, Society teaching men that being "MANly" is wrong.

Fixed
Q

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2016, 12:35:06 PM »
how are we any better discussing oiled muscular men in thongs?   :-[

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2016, 05:05:38 AM »
Fixed

I really truly don't care what other people do in their private life. I don't care if a 6'4" fat hairy guy puts on makeup and goes out in drag every day. Doesn't bother me one bit. What DOES bother me, is telling everyone that this is normal behaviour and that it should be promoted. If MAC or Covergirl made a guy their spokesman in a different environment, this would be a non-story in my eyes. I'm sure there would still be bigots out there who hate anyone that does anything slightly out of the norm, but to me personally I just wouldn't care. But because of this whole agenda of pushing this pussification of men onto MEN, this ad makes the whole thing seem like a political statement, which it IS. And THAT'S what's wrong with it.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2016, 05:26:35 AM »
I really truly don't care what other people do in their private life. I don't care if a 6'4" fat hairy guy puts on makeup and goes out in drag every day. Doesn't bother me one bit. What DOES bother me, is telling everyone that this is normal behaviour and that it should be promoted. If MAC or Covergirl made a guy their spokesman in a different environment, this would be a non-story in my eyes. I'm sure there would still be bigots out there who hate anyone that does anything slightly out of the norm, but to me personally I just wouldn't care. But because of this whole agenda of pushing this pussification of men onto MEN, this ad makes the whole thing seem like a political statement, which it IS. And THAT'S what's wrong with it.

Yes. Plus why do they have to make him up so much that he looks like a chick. If I wanted to start a men's makeup line I would tone it way down, just focus on foundations and such to cover up shine and blemishes. Very discrete. Not this overtly trying to feminize men bull crap.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2016, 05:46:11 AM »
Yes. Plus why do they have to make him up so much that he looks like a chick. If I wanted to start a men's makeup line I would tone it way down, just focus on foundations and such to cover up shine and blemishes. Very discrete. Not this overtly trying to feminize men bull crap.

Exactly! I'm not a fan of men wearing makeup, but I know some do. Cater to those guys. I dont even know who they're marketing to... I never see men with that much makeup on ... ever. Unless its some artsy fartsy crap, but definitely not an every day thing.
Its 100% political, and these companies are willing to lose money just to gain feminist/SJW acceptance. Its sad...

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2016, 05:47:30 AM »
X