Author Topic: Brady to the Bucs?  (Read 14274 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Brady to the Bucs?
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2021, 08:38:05 AM »
Just lost Godwin for the season. I think Green Bay gets over the hump and makes the Super Bowl this year. Rodgers is playing lights out right now. So is Brady but I think Rodgers finally makes it back to the big game after a 11 year absence.

I hope so.
Y

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2022, 12:34:08 PM »
Y’all watch Man In the Arena? Very well done and gives me a new respect for Brady. Although I can’t stand the announcer at the beginning voice is annoying as fuck.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2022, 01:49:59 PM »
And he's done. Tampa will go back to being Tampa next year.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2022, 01:51:27 PM »
And he's done. Tampa will go back to being Tampa next year.

Hold on, sources saying it was fake news.
Y

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2022, 02:45:16 PM »
Hold on, sources saying it was fake news.
He's done.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2022, 01:15:04 PM »
As painful as it is for me to admit this, Brady is the GOAT.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2022, 01:43:08 PM »
As painful as it is for me to admit this, Brady is the GOAT.

He is, but that doesn't mean the Patriots cheating shouldn't be part of the discussion.  The 2017 Houston Astros have been absolutely vilified, and it will always be part of their history.  Brady should NOT get a pass here, as the Pats systems was much more elaborate, and involved an NFL cover up.

https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

Goodell had imposed a $500,000 fine on Belichick, a $250,000 fine on the team and the loss of a first-round draft pick just four days after league security officials had caught the Patriots and before he'd even sent a team of investigators to Foxborough, Massachusetts. Those investigators hadn't come up empty: Inside a room accessible only to Belichick and a few others, they found a library of scouting material containing videotapes of opponents' signals, with detailed notes matching signals to plays for many teams going back seven seasons. Among them were handwritten diagrams of the defensive signals of the Pittsburgh Steelers, including the notes used in the January 2002 AFC Championship Game won by the Patriots 24-17. Yet almost as quickly as the tapes and notes were found, they were destroyed, on Goodell's orders: League executives stomped the tapes into pieces and shredded the papers inside a Gillette Stadium conference room.

Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2022, 02:02:28 PM »
He is, but that doesn't mean the Patriots cheating shouldn't be part of the discussion.  The 2017 Houston Astros have been absolutely vilified, and it will always be part of their history.  Brady should NOT get a pass here, as the Pats systems was much more elaborate, and involved an NFL cover up.

https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

Oh I totally agree.  He and Beli-cheat do not get a pass from me.  No question they cheated, got a lot of favorable calls from the refs, etc.  He also got lucky in some of his Super Bowls and benefitted from poor play calling by his opponents. 

Still, I can no longer argue that he isn't the GOAT given the length of time he competed, at his level, and winning with two different teams.  We also know that it was Brady, not Beli-cheat, who was more responsible for the Pats success. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2022, 02:25:27 PM »
Oh I totally agree.  He and Beli-cheat do not get a pass from me.  No question they cheated, got a lot of favorable calls from the refs, etc.  He also got lucky in some of his Super Bowls and benefitted from poor play calling by his opponents. 

Still, I can no longer argue that he isn't the GOAT given the length of time he competed, at his level, and winning with two different teams.  We also know that it was Brady, not Beli-cheat, who was more responsible for the Pats success.

Agree, but Brady benefitted, and could have 3 less super bowls without the cheating, and 5 less if the opposing coaches weren't on crack.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2022, 02:29:01 PM »
Agree, but Brady benefitted, and could have 3 less super bowls without the cheating, and 5 less if the opposing coaches weren't on crack.

I agree.  He also threw a pick six in the Super Bowl.