Author Topic: Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama get prime time spots  (Read 2655 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama get prime time spots
« on: August 10, 2008, 05:24:57 PM »
Michelle Obama is front and center in the campaign, but according to B. Hussein you better not criticize her.   ::)

August 10, 2008
Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama get prime time spots
Posted: 04:56 PM ET

From CNN's Steve Brusk

(CNN) – The Democratic National Convention announced its “headline” speakers Sunday, with Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama each getting a starring role in prime time.

As CNN’s Suzanne Malveaux and Candy Crowley reported last month, Clinton will speak on Tuesday night. That day, August 26th, will be the 88th anniversary of the ratification of the 19th Amendment to the Constitution, which gave women the right to vote.

A statement from the convention called Clinton a “champion for working families and one of the most effective and empathetic voices in the country today.”

Michelle Obama will address the convention in the headline spot on Monday night.

Wednesday night will feature a speech from Barack Obama’s still unnamed running mate. Former president Bill Clinton will also speak that night.

Obama will accept the party’s nomination Thursday night, delivering his acceptance speech away from the convention hall at the larger Invesco Field at Mile High. Sixty-thousand tickets for his speech were given away the first day they were made available. His speech, on August 28th, comes on the 45th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King’s “I Have a Dream” speech.

The announcement only gives the final speakers of each night. A spokesman tells CNN a keynote speaker will be named in the coming days.

Convention co-chair Kathleen Seleblius said in a statement, “We are at a critical moment in our nation’s history. The politics and policies that have divided us will not allow us to achieve the change we need. Barack Obama is a leader to move America in a new direction and bring us together to turn moments of great challenge into moments of great opportunity. This year’s Democratic Convention is the story of people from across the country who believe it is time for change.”

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/08/10/hillary-clinton-michelle-obama-get-prime-spots-at-convention/#more-12043

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama get prime time spots
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 05:41:15 PM »
according to B. Hussein

Why would you attempt to introduce that?

It's just as trivial and immature as saying John "called his wife a cuunt and he's 71 years old" mcain.

has nothing to do with his position on issues.  The man cannot control his name, can he? 

If he were to change it, imagine the backlash he'd receive then... "He's trying to HIDE it!", etc.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 05:52:07 PM »
 ::)  Stay on topic and quit being a liberal apologist.  It's not about me.  It's about B. Hussein's wife and the hypocrisy of putting her front and center, while condemning attempts to criticize her.   

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 06:01:38 PM »
Wow those comments he made during the Walters interview were astounding. Hypocrisy at it's finest. I guess they thought, she could preach about his platform and deflect all criticisms because she was his wife.

"Leave the spouses out of this" the week before he said that, he was hounding on B. Clinton.

Class act.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 06:03:28 PM »
I agree with 240 on this one.

You call a man what he SAYS to call him.

If you tell me to call you "Beach" I will call you "Beach", not "B. Sandy Vagina" because you said your name was "Beach".

Barack SAYS his name is Barack... It is disrespectful to call him otherwise.

When a persons name is the card you think you have to pull, well, you may as well give it up.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 06:05:52 PM »
lol.  So calling someone by their given middle name is disrespectful?  lol . . . Riiiiight. 

Sorry Tu.  Your hypo doesn't work.   

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 06:08:05 PM »
lol.  So calling someone by their given middle name is disrespectful?  lol . . . Riiiiight. 

Sorry Tu.  Your hypo doesn't work.   

Actually, it very much does.

I have more respect for people than you do I suppose.

Some people do not like their names... That's why they change them or what have you.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 06:11:32 PM »
Actually, it very much does.

I have more respect for people than you do I suppose.

Some people do not like their names... That's why they change them or what have you.

No it doesn't.  You made up a name.  I didn't.  If you want to use an applicable hypothetical, you'd have to refer to me by my given middle name, not some invented name.

No, I do not believe referring to Obama as Hussein, his given middle name, is disrespectful.  Just like referring to McCain as J. Sidney isn't disrespectful.   

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 06:16:34 PM »
No it doesn't.  You made up a name.  I didn't.  If you want to use an applicable hypothetical, you'd have to refer to me by my given middle name, not some invented name.

No, I do not believe referring to Obama as Hussein, his given middle name, is disrespectful.  Just like referring to McCain as J. Sidney isn't disrespectful.   

What name did I make up? Beach?

Look... simply put, you go by what a person says their name is.

For instance... Let's say his name is spelled Hussein... which it is, but he pronounces it Jim... Guess what... That's what you call him when you see him... You phonetically say "Jim".

Doesn't matter how it's spelled... It's his name.

The bottom line really is that you are scared of Obama... really scared... and you have to try to use his name... his NAME to try to get ignorant people to vote for your guy instead of him.

If this were 100 years ago... the name McCain would have had a tough run for office as well, because he was a "foreigner".

I guess things change, but they don't really change.

Again, it's about respect... I don't see you posting "J. Sidney McCain" in your McCain posts.

Why don't you do that for a bit just to prove your point. ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 06:32:02 PM »
What name did I make up? Beach?

Look... simply put, you go by what a person says their name is.

For instance... Let's say his name is spelled Hussein... which it is, but he pronounces it Jim... Guess what... That's what you call him when you see him... You phonetically say "Jim".

Doesn't matter how it's spelled... It's his name.

The bottom line really is that you are scared of Obama... really scared... and you have to try to use his name... his NAME to try to get ignorant people to vote for your guy instead of him.

If this were 100 years ago... the name McCain would have had a tough run for office as well, because he was a "foreigner".

I guess things change, but they don't really change.

Again, it's about respect... I don't see you posting "J. Sidney McCain" in your McCain posts.

Why don't you do that for a bit just to prove your point. ::)

lol.  Scared of Obama?  That's really funny.   :)   Actually, I am afraid of what he will do to this country as president and to the military as CIC.  He shouldn't be president.  So, from that standpoint, I am "afraid" of him. 

Here is your hypothetical: 

If you tell me to call you "Beach" I will call you "Beach", not "B. Sandy Vagina" because you said your name was "Beach".

That makes no sense.  You made up a name. 

Look dude, I honestly don't care if people get offended because I refer to Obama by his middle name.  I think it's funny how people get worked up over it.

And the issue, again, is his hypocrisy regarding his wife. 

P.S.  I am voting for J. Sidney for president over B. Hussein. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 06:34:52 PM »
lol.  Scared of Obama?  That's really funny.   :)   Actually, I am afraid of what he will do to this country as president and to the military as CIC.  He shouldn't be president.  So, from that standpoint, I am "afraid" of him. 

Here is your hypothetical: 

That makes no sense.  You made up a name. 

Look dude, I honestly don't care if people get offended because I refer to Obama by his middle name.  I think it's funny how people get worked up over it.

And the issue, again, is his hypocrisy regarding his wife. 

I used "Beach" because I don't know your real name... Tu just happens to be mine, obviously Beach Bum is not yours.

We are all aware of your vote... I think it's quite understood.

I do not believe your candidate will win though... I am both happy and sad about that at the same time.

I would have voted for the 2000 J. Sidney without hesitation... Now, not so much.

Again, you're using Barak's middle to be disrespectful and to create a wedge issue... There is no other reason for it and if you deny it, you're lying.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2008, 06:41:42 PM »
I used "Beach" because I don't know your real name... Tu just happens to be mine, obviously Beach Bum is not yours.

We are all aware of your vote... I think it's quite understood.

I do not believe your candidate will win though... I am both happy and sad about that at the same time.

I would have voted for the 2000 J. Sidney without hesitation... Now, not so much.

Again, you're using Barak's middle to be disrespectful and to create a wedge issue... There is no other reason for it and if you deny it, you're lying.

In other words, you made up a name instead of using my given middle name.  That's why your hypothetical makes no sense. 

If I was trying to disrespect Obama I would just come right out and do it.  I don't play games.  I say what I think.  My use of B. Hussein (which I think I will use more often) is funny to me.  If you think I'm trying to create a "wedge issue" or "lying" then that's your problem. 

Will you be complaining about people calling McCain "McBush"?  This is ridiculous Tu.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2008, 06:46:47 PM »

I like that, TDO.  Fair and balanced!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008, 06:48:50 PM »
In other words, you made up a name instead of using my given middle name.  That's why your hypothetical makes no sense. 

If I was trying to disrespect Obama I would just come right out and do it.  I don't play games.  I say what I think.  My use of B. Hussein (which I think I will use more often) is funny to me.  If you think I'm trying to create a "wedge issue" or "lying" then that's your problem. 

Will you be complaining about people calling McCain "McBush"?  This is ridiculous Tu.   

What part of me not knowing your name did you not catch?

Had I known you full complete name I would have used that in my analogy... however I do not... You're not stupid... Stop playing dumb.

You know, there's no other reason to call Barack by "Hussein" except to create a wedge issue... No one thinks of Barack Obama as "Hussein" except for those trying to make an issue where there is none.  You can not give any good reason why you would call him that OVER Barack.

I would love to hear why you believe that Hussein is a more fitting name for him than the name he actually goes by.

I haven't heard you call George W. Bush, "Walker"... So why do you do it to Barack H. Obama?

Of course you will use it more often, because in this instance, you're being disrespectful and "hiding it" in humor. ::)

I do complain when people call McCain "McBush"... While I see similarities in certain instances, they are by no means the same person.

While my point may be "ridiculous", it is certainly accurate.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008, 06:55:57 PM »
What part of me not knowing your name did you not catch?

Had I known you full complete name I would have used that in my analogy... however I do not... You're not stupid... Stop playing dumb.

You know, there's no other reason to call Barack by "Hussein" except to create a wedge issue... No one thinks of Barack Obama as "Hussein" except for those trying to make an issue where there is none.  You can not give any good reason why you would call him that OVER Barack.

I would love to hear why you believe that Hussein is a more fitting name for him than the name he actually goes by.

I haven't heard you call George W. Bush, "Walker"... So why do you do it to Barack H. Obama?

Of course you will use it more often, because in this instance, you're being disrespectful and "hiding it" in humor. ::)

I do complain when people call McCain "McBush"... While I see similarities in certain instances, they are by no means the same person.

While my point may be "ridiculous", it is certainly accurate.

Not playing dumb.  Just trying to highlight a dumb hypothetical.  (Note I'm calling your hypo dumb, not you.  I think you are one of the smarter ones who posts here.)  You can't draw a parallel to my use of someone's given middle name by inventing a name and trying to apply it me.  If you can't understand that then I can't help you. 

I have referred to Bush as Dubya.  I have referred to Bush Sr. by his middle name.  I call my kids by their middle name on occasion.  I have previously used McCain's middle name:

This sounds about right.  John Sidney McCain in a squeaker over Barrack Hussein Obama. . . . 

What exactly is the "wedge issue" that's created by referring to Obama as B. Hussein??   

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2008, 06:58:44 PM »
Not playing dumb.  Just trying to highlight a dumb hypothetical.  (Note I'm calling your hypo dumb, not you.  I think you are one of the smarter ones who posts here.)  You can't draw a parallel to my use of someone's given middle name by inventing a name and trying to apply it me.  If you can't understand that then I can't help you. 

I have referred to Bush as Dubya.  I have referred to Bush Sr. by his middle name.  I call my kids by their middle name on occasion.  I have previously used McCain's middle name:

What exactly is the "wedge issue" that's created by referring to Obama as B. Hussein??  

Come on man... You know full well that using the name "Hussein" is attempting to align Barack Obama with the so called "terrorists" and people who would "do harm to America".

The fact is that there are many people who believe that Barack Obama is Muslim. and by using his name "Hussein" those people would be more inclined to vote for the candidate who is not a "terrorist".

You're playing the fool when you are not one.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2008, 07:00:26 PM »
Come on man... You know full well that using the name "Hussein" is attempting to align Barack Obama with the so called "terrorists" and people who would "do harm to America".

You know what will be funny?

If people elect obama despite their feelings of reservation on him being african-american, and him having a muslim name.

Perhaps the election will be a referendum on unity.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2008, 07:03:17 PM »
You know what will be funny?

If people elect obama despite their feelings of reservation on him being african-american, and him having a muslim name.

Perhaps the election will be a referendum on unity.

Personally, I believe the people will vote for Barack in the general election.

Again, I'm not saying I will... I am probably going to vote Libertarian. (Yes, I know... they can't win... so what?)

However, I would think that most people in the US have smartened up over the past 4 years and 'may' at least think that perhaps a changing of the party running the Executive Branch of the government might be a good thing.

I personally hate both the Democrats and Republicans because none of them speak for me very well, but what can you do except vote the way you believe.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2008, 07:08:29 PM »
Personally, I believe the people will vote for Barack in the general election.

If people who hate those with muslim names...
If people who dislike african-americans...

if they choose to vote for obama....

then they are, for once and for all, putting their healthcare and economic well being before their personal feelings on race.  They are being forced to rank what is important to them.

It's interesting... whether he wins or loses, a lot of folks are going to be putting down their prejudice hat for this election.  And if they can put race aside for something as big as voting for the leader of the free world, they might develop this ability in their everyday lives as well.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2008, 07:09:58 PM »

then they are, for once and for all, putting their healthcare and economic well being before their personal feelings on race.  They are being forced to rank what is important to them.

It's interesting... whether he wins or loses, a lot of folks are going to be putting down their prejudice hat for this election.  And if they can put race aside for something as big as voting for the leader of the free world, they might develop this ability in their everyday lives as well.

This could very well be the most important election in my lifetime.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2008, 07:12:39 PM »

gayer than 240 saying something insightful for the first time in 21,000 posts.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2008, 07:13:03 PM »

The fact is that there are many people who believe that Barack Obama is Muslim. and by using his name "Hussein" those people would be more inclined to vote for the candidate who is not a "terrorist".

You're playing the fool when you are not one.

Not true.  I do not believe Obama is a terrorist and I'm not trying to align him with terrorists.  I do think his parents gave him a horrible name.

I don't believe he's a Muslim, but I do question the sincerity of his so-called religious convictions, particularly when he tries to distort the Bible to fit his political agenda.  

I don't need to play games to oppose this man.  I think he's a quasi-socialist.  I've called him that on many occasions.  If I thought he was a terrorist, terrorist sympathizer, Muslim, etc. I would simply call him one.

You're really trying to apply a sinister motive where there is none.  You've been around here long enough to know I pretty much say what I think.    

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2008, 07:13:45 PM »
Not true.  I do not believe Obama is a terrorist and I'm not trying to align him with terrorists.  I do think his parents gave him a horrible name.

I don't believe he's a Muslim, but I do question the sincerity of his so-called religious convictions, particularly when he tries to distort the Bible to fit his political agenda.  

I don't need to play games to oppose this man.  I think he's a quasi-socialist.  I've called him that on many occasions.  If I thought he was a terrorist, terrorist sympathizer, Muslim, etc. I would simply call him one.

You're really trying to apply a sinister motive where there is none.  You've been around here long enough to know I pretty much say what I think.    

Then what would possess you to call him Hussein as opposed to the name he normally goes by?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2008, 07:14:54 PM »
Then what would possess you to call him Hussein as opposed to the name he normally goes by?

Very direct Q there.

Beach Bum, why did you choose to call him by the middle name?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2008, 07:19:06 PM »

Because it is similar to Saddam Hussein and I find the fact that a presidential candidate has a name that is similar to one of the most notorious dictators in American history pretty humorous.  And because I know it upsets some people.  And because I'm a bit of a trouble maker.   :) 

Now, how does this create a "wedge issue"?