Author Topic: Born to be a pro???  (Read 5320 times)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Born to be a pro???
« on: April 30, 2009, 04:54:32 PM »
i never used to put much stock into crazy genetics but recently the dude i train with sometimes has got me wondering if genetics isn't THE most important factor in bodybuilding success, dude is 5'7" 255 pounds with crazy roundness and thickness, small waist, monster shoulders and legs and basically he's attained this over AT MOST the last 3 years, he's done some local NPC shows and done very well and i think could turn pro easily in the next 2-3 years, only 27 years old, takes his nutrition very seriously as it pertains to getting enough protein and overall calories and is a monster especially on pressing movements, what do you guys think, do you think genetics is the MOST important factor in bb'ing?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Born to be a pro???
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 04:57:24 PM »
i honestly dont care

if somebody wants to say theve got great genetics...ok...whatever ... or say theyve got shit genetics...whatever..... all that matters is what you look like...   at the end of the day theres no way possible to tell if someone is lying about their training experience, diet, drug use...so theres no way to tell if anyone actually has good "GENETICS" or not..... the only thing genetic that can be assesed would be genetic structure... but as far as metabolism, building muscle...etc... only the bodybuilder himself truly knows

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 04:59:23 PM »
i honestly dont care

if somebody wants to say theve got great genetics...ok...whatever ... or say theyve got shit genetics...whatever..... all that matters is what you look like...   at the end of the day theres no way possible to tell if someone is lying about their training experience, diet, drug use...so theres no way to tell if anyone actually has good "GENETICS" or not..... the only thing genetic that can be assesed would be genetic structure... but as far as metabolism, building muscle...etc... only the bodybuilder himself truly knows
i ABSOLUTLEY KNOW how long this guy has been hitting it hard and i'm telling you he's blown up like a balloon in the last 3 years, he's also on the conservative side when it comes to "supplements", already looks like a mini IFBB pro just walking around.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 05:13:42 PM »
so theres no way to tell if anyone actually has good "GENETICS" or not.....

Absolute rubbish. Genetics isn't about your repsonse to drugs alone - in bodybuilding, when you talk about genetics, you mean a whole lot of things, like your structure, sweep of your muscle bellies, the way your body responds to training, how resilient you are to lifting heavy and taking anabolics and stuff like that.

That's why if you look at the Olympia top 10, nearly all of them take the same amount / kind of drug cocktail and some of the guys who place lower train harder than the guys who place above them. So why is there only one guy with Ronnie's muscularity or Dorian's back? Are you saying if someone like Peter Putnam ate, trained and took the same stuff Ronnie or Dorian did, his back would look similar to theirs? No way.

QO, you are right - if you want to make it to the pro ranks, your genetics must be right (as in right structure, response to juice etc). If you took someone like DJ Qualls, for example, who is very thin and lanky, no matter what he did or took, he'll never have the sweep, shape, density and look of someone like say, Dennis James. On top of having the right genetics, if you do all the stuff needed (hard, consistent training, use of hormones etc), then you can become a pro as long as a whole lot of factors fall into place.

The Renaissance Man

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • The truth of things is the chief nutriment.
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 05:14:46 PM »
i ABSOLUTLEY KNOW how long this guy has been hitting it hard and i'm telling you he's blown up like a balloon in the last 3 years, he's also on the conservative side when it comes to "supplements", already looks like a mini IFBB pro just walking around.

LOL Watch out big man, you will hurt many feelings with this piece of truth... tbooonz = just got reality checked....
G.M.W. ☼

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 05:17:00 PM »
LOL Watch out big man, you will hurt many feelings with this piece of truth... tbooonz = just got reality checked....
i'm not saying anything about Candi aka Tbombz genetics because i don't know him well enough but i DO KNOW of tons of local gym rats who have also competed for YEARS who couldn't carry the guy i train with's jock when it comes to putting on quality muscle and keeping his waist and sahpe in check and some of these guys have used 3 times the amount of goodies he does.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 05:18:33 PM »
i honestly dont care

Your structure sucks.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 05:19:41 PM »
im not going to debate this with you. i dont know him and theres no point in that.

but ill say this...theres no way possible anybody knows for sure what anybody else is doing...how hard they are training..how long theyve been training...what the are taking...what they are  eating.... impossible for anyone to know this...

buffdnet

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • fuck the pope
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 05:20:41 PM »
i honestly dont care

bullshit.  if you have (like most people have) short muscle bellies with long attachments
and large bone joints, you aint never gonna be a pro or top amatuer. drugs or not.
this is what matters when it comes to genetics. all pros have longer than average muscle
bellies, short attachments and small bone joint structure.
it's easy to tell this as well. look for the gap between the bicep and elbow for example
you know nothing

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 05:22:19 PM »
i never used to put much stock into crazy genetics but recently the dude i train with sometimes has got me wondering if genetics isn't THE most important factor in bodybuilding success, dude is 5'7" 255 with crazy roundness and thickness, small waist, monster shoulders and legs and basically he's attained this over AT MOST the last 3 years, he's done some local NPC shows and done very well and i think could turn pro easily in the next 2-3 years, only 27 years old, takes his nutrition very seriously as it pertains to getting enough protein and overall calories and is a monster especially on pressing movements, what do you guys think, do you think genetics is the MOST important factor in bb'ing?

Bingo, easy to think that its not when you see photos of untrained old pros with health issues, but it is still the most important aspect with regards to bodybuilding, not to  say  that a good genetic response to AS isnt part of the genetic assesment.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 05:22:53 PM »
bullshit.  if you have (like most people have) short muscle bellies with long attachments
and large bone joints, you aint never gonna be a pro or top amatuer. drugs or not.
this is what matters when it comes to genetics. all pros have longer than average muscle
bellies, short attachments and small bone joint structure.
it's easy to tell this as well. look for the gap between the bicep and elbow for example
you know nothing
the guy i'm talking about has literally the longest fullest muscle bellies i've ever seen in EVERY muscle, biceps insert so low it loks like they're on top of his forearm, lats start near his waist and quad sweep and teardrops just hang there, insane.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 05:31:58 PM »
They refer to 'the midget' as a 'genetic freak'.  Yes, this said midget stands at a massive 5foot 4. LOL.

Again, to be put in the true-genetics-league, one must be at least 6 foot plus and carry real and natural muscle.

Yes, the drug abusers don't count...anyone can abuse roids and attain muscle density...just ask the midget!

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 05:33:38 PM »
Absolute rubbish. Genetics isn't about your repsonse to drugs alone - in bodybuilding, when you talk about genetics, you mean a whole lot of things, like your structure, sweep of your muscle bellies, the way your body responds to training, how resilient you are to lifting heavy and taking anabolics and stuff like that.

That's why if you look at the Olympia top 10, nearly all of them take the same amount / kind of drug cocktail and some of the guys who place lower train harder than the guys who place above them. So why is there only one guy with Ronnie's muscularity or Dorian's back? Are you saying if someone like Peter Putnam ate, trained and took the same stuff Ronnie or Dorian did, his back would look similar to theirs? No way.

QO, you are right - if you want to make it to the pro ranks, your genetics must be right (as in right structure, response to juice etc). If you took someone who DJ Qualls, for example, who is very thin and lanky, no matter what he did or took, he'll never have the sweep, shape, density and look of someone like say, Dennis James. On top of having the right genetics, if you do all the stuff needed (hard, consistent training, use of hormones etc), then you can become a pro as long as a whole lot of factors fall into place.

These are the words of a person who knows bodybuilding. 

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 05:37:56 PM »
The term 'genetic freak' is over used and misused in this so-called sport.

Again, how can a midget standing at a massive 5 foot 4 (and abuses drugs for 20 years) be classified as a genetic freak?  LOL

Short people= NOT genetic freak!

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 05:40:48 PM »
has got me wondering if genetics isn't THE most important factor in bodybuilding success,

You're just piecing this together now? Thanks for the update captain obvious. Tommorow you'll discover that speed and hand eye coordination are important to football.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 05:44:08 PM »
You're just piecing this together now? Thanks for the update captain obvious. Tommorow you'll discover that speed and hand eye coordination are important to football.
;D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 06:14:33 PM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 06:15:41 PM »

ROFL ;D

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 06:23:55 PM »
Most regular people could take the dosages that the pros take and would look like shit (for example: TDongz).  Genetics is what seperates the average juicing tools from the pros.

Awesomo

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 06:24:19 PM »
To be Born to be a pro here are the requirements:

1. Midget - if you are over 5'7" give up the dream

2. Gay - or atleast bi to the point that you don't mind fags touching and drooling over you

3. Risktaker - willing to take massive amounts of drugs that will make his body look like shit when older

I'm sure there are plenty more, but if you were born with these 3 you may have been "born to be a pro"

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 06:25:39 PM »
To be Born to be a pro here are the requirements:

1. Midget - if you are over 5'7" give up the dream

2. Gay - or atleast bi to the point that you don't mind fags touching and drooling over you

3. Risktaker - willing to take massive amounts of drugs that will make his body look like shit when older

I'm sure there are plenty more, but if you were born with these 3 you may have been "born to be a pro"

In other words: A short stupid moron.

Stavios

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2009, 07:00:17 PM »
i never used to put much stock into crazy genetics but recently the dude i train with sometimes has got me wondering if genetics isn't THE most important factor in bodybuilding success, dude is 5'7" 255 pounds with crazy roundness and thickness, small waist, monster shoulders and legs and basically he's attained this over AT MOST the last 3 years, he's done some local NPC shows and done very well and i think could turn pro easily in the next 2-3 years, only 27 years old, takes his nutrition very seriously as it pertains to getting enough protein and overall calories and is a monster especially on pressing movements, what do you guys think, do you think genetics is the MOST important factor in bb'ing?

genetics is EVERYTHING in bodybuilding.

a friend of mine is a crazy good bodybuilder and he isn't even that big, but the roundness of his muscle make him look twice bigger onstage

The Renaissance Man

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • The truth of things is the chief nutriment.
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2009, 07:43:22 PM »
Lots of hurt little insecure egos on this thread. Some realistics like Stavios and QO.

Genetics = everything.

Ask Palumbo; if genetical structure doesn't get you (it does more these days), the drug amount required for you to "keep up" with the genetically blessed will eventually catch up to you...
G.M.W. ☼

Stavios

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2009, 07:47:23 PM »
Lots of hurt little insecure egos on this thread. Some realistics like Stavios and QO.

Genetics = everything.

Ask Palumbo; if genetical structure doesn't get you (it does more these days), the drug amount required for you to "keep up" with the genetically blesses will eventually catch up to you...

Exactly.

Drugs will make you big.
but they won't make you "look big" onstage if your muscle bellies and insertions suck ass

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2009, 07:47:41 PM »
Ask Palumbo

I'm predicting a mutant hybrid of the Palumboism virus and Swine Flu...   coming to a gym near you this summer!
Ron: "I am lazy."