Author Topic: James Toney tests positive for 'roids  (Read 3097 times)

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
Re: James Toney tests positive for 'roids
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2007, 07:59:11 AM »
Not completely true. Roy Jones tested positive after beating Richard Hall.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Mosley has never tested positive. He just suddenly went really shit around the time the Balco scandal broke ;). I may be wrong though.

who could forget the white buffalo, francois botha?

botha won a hw title belt back in the early 90's (i think) and when the tests came back he was positive for roids. he was a fat fuck too. didn't even look like he lifted weights, never mind juice, but there you go.

yes, anabolics and other ergogenic drugs are used by fighters. you think a guy that comes straight from the mean streets, selling, using crack, mugging, robbing, killing for money is not going to take some gear that may assist him to a multi million dollar contract and the hw title? does anyone actually think he's going to have a moral issue with that ???

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
Re: James Toney tests positive for 'roids
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2007, 08:14:25 AM »

Also, I'm pretty sure that Mosley has never tested positive. He just suddenly went really shit around the time the Balco scandal broke ;). I may be wrong though.

Balco supplied it's clients with THG, which was non-detectable at the time.

Boxing became more sensitive to doping as BALCO implicated super welterweight/middleweight champ Sugar Shane Mosely in steroid abuse. Could boxing be testing more, or could boxers be using more?

In the past, marquee names like James Toney, Fernando Vargas and Ricardo Mayorga have tested positive for illegal drugs in their systems. For fighters such as these, the relative cost in taking such substances pales in comparison to what is at stake.