Author Topic: worth it to workout if you know your drinking that night?  (Read 2807 times)

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
worth it to workout if you know your drinking that night?
« on: January 19, 2008, 10:14:45 AM »
I'm going out for by b-day tonight and know I'm gonna end up trashed.  I normally train shoulders on sat.  is it worth it for me to train them like normal and then go get fucked up or should I just skip it all together?
I work full time and school full time so I know I won't make it up if I dont go, any opinions guys?

smblkolds

• Getbig II
Re: worth it to workout if you know your drinking that night?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 10:34:38 AM »
Train them, then take tomorrow of and have a greasy breakfast and enjoy yourself. Happy birthday.

sachito

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 10:38:10 AM »
something is better than nothing     just make sure you dont get injured. body is not the same after a night of drinking

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 10:40:07 AM »
technically you train shoulders by drinking a lot of beers and having shots so i'd say skip training for the bars tomorrow you go get mcdonalds takeaway and sit and eat in front of getbig. thats what i do

Z

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 10:45:12 AM »
technically you train shoulders by drinking a lot of beers and having shots so i'd say skip training for the bars tomorrow you go get mcdonalds takeaway and sit and eat in front of getbig. thats what i do

great advice  ::)
T

technokc

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 10:47:23 AM »
there really is nothing better than a super greasy breakfast after a long dinking of imbibing!!!

how'd the fucking strawberries get in there? ;D

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 11:41:17 AM »
ask milos on this one, u should probably take some bcaa's, waxy maize, and creatine while drinking 2nit

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 11:43:22 AM »
ask milos on this one, u should probably take some bcaa's, waxy maize, and creatine while drinking 2nit

Snake oil and beer for water loss!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 11:43:31 AM »

LOLZ..and according to Milos, that will make you gain 20 pounds of muscle in one month :)
X

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 11:48:43 AM »
I have some of my best workouts if I know I'm going out drinking that night. You know good times are coming so you have fun even in the gym which usually means a better workout. Life's to short to worry about every single workout. Birthdays are only once a year, workouts are 4-5 a week, you'll be okay. So go lift, get drunk tonight and pick up some skanks at the local bar and eat shitty all day tommorrow while watching the playoffs. Thats an awesome plan!

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 11:49:19 AM »
Dude go out and enjoy your life! Are you training for the Arnold or somethin?? Have a few beers it won't kill you just drink alot of water during the day, and before you sleep, you'll be fine..

technokc

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 11:55:24 AM »
trust me guys not worried about the drinking at all. . . if you've seen some of my other posts you'll know I love the "sweet nectar of the gods" ;D. . . just thinking from an actual physical standpoint if I workout and than get fucked up would my muscles just tear down and then not be able to repair since Im drinking?  That would be pretty counter productive, so maybe better to not train at all?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 11:57:34 AM »
Drinking doesn't effect recovery.. Just drink plenty of water, eat your food and suck it up.  ::)

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 11:59:36 AM »
Dude you'll have a better pump tonight for all the bitches!!

technokc

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2008, 12:00:18 PM »
Drinking does effect recovery.. Just drink plenty of water, eat your food and suck it up.  ::)

why the "rolley eye guy" camel Jockey ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2008, 12:01:57 PM »
trust me guys not worried about the drinking at all. . . if you've seen some of my other posts you'll know I love the "sweet nectar of the gods" ;D. . . just thinking from an actual physical standpoint if I workout and than get fucked up would my muscles just tear down and then not be able to repair since Im drinking?  That would be pretty counter productive, so maybe better to not train at all?

You'll be okay man. Me and my buddies started lifting when we were 15, after the workout we would head to the Country Store(I'm from the south) and get quarts of beer and party that night. We did it after every workout and were fine. I don't do that anymore and that was 16 years ago, but the human body has a miraculous recovery ability, so no worries friend. Get drunk and laid!

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2008, 12:04:32 PM »
sounds like you're looking for an excuse...so, just take the whole week off...nobody really cares anyway ;D

technokc

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2008, 12:24:14 PM »
okay bought to get off work and go do shoulder first. . .

. . . then tonight I'll try to almost die for you bitches!!!!! ;D ;D

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2008, 12:29:34 PM »
Why would someone not workout because they are going to drink after? Don't most people have at least a few drinks most night? Or at lunch etc.?
E

technokc

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2008, 12:31:02 PM »
Why would someone not workout because they are going to drink after? Don't most people have at least a few drinks most night? Or at lunch etc.?

maybe with dinner but rarely with lunch. not really a common american thing, where you from danielson?

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2008, 12:43:07 PM »

maybe with dinner but rarely with lunch. not really a common american thing, where you from danielson?

Michigan. I don't drink a lot every night, but at least a few drinks. Sometimes a few beers at lunch.
E

technokc

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2008, 01:01:23 PM »
Michigan. I don't drink a lot every night, but at least a few drinks. Sometimes a few beers at lunch.

I think that's alot more common up north. . . besides, once I pass 3 it's game over for me.  My lack of willpower is sickening!!! ;D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2008, 01:10:17 PM »
You can work shoulders and still go out and drink. Just dont get shitfaced and go overboard. Mr Miyago told Daniel LaRusso that you must have balance in your life. Thus, everything in moderation. Balance and moderation, grasshopper. Make Mr. Miyagi proud!

X

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2008, 01:46:37 PM »
you should never restrain yourself from the fun things in life. most of us are sticked up with horrible genetics though so it doesnt matter much.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2008, 02:02:59 PM »

they have programs for shit like that bro....good luck with that....and go get pumped drink lots of water and protein and shit and eat a huge sandwich before you go out and get trashed for your bday...(the sandwich will help soak up the alcohol enabling you to drink more... ;) )good luck bro