Author Topic: Tomorrow I am going to AA  (Read 7178 times)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: Tomorrow I am going to AA
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2012, 11:27:20 AM »
Quitter.   

;D  I was riding by a church in downtown Brentwood, CA where lots of "celebs" go to AA. They were all out front smoking cigs as they tend to do. I yelled, "nobody likes a quitter!"  Some blond chick gave me the finger- it was Tori Spelling.  ;D
a

pulling weight

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2012, 11:31:10 AM »
Then don't go...

Ehhh

I don't drink everyday or even every week.
But this time I went overboard probably because I threw "devils dandruff" in the mix and scared my gf, texted her a womans info, and said a bunch of horrible nasty stuff that I can't remember saying. It is more of a gesture for her than anything.
T

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2012, 12:06:05 PM »
George Lopez?

Jorge Lopez is gross.

Ehhh

I don't drink everyday or even every week.
But this time I went overboard probably because I threw "devils dandruff" in the mix and scared my gf, texted her a womans info, and said a bunch of horrible nasty stuff that I can't remember saying. It is more of a gesture for her than anything.

So it's the blow's fault  ???

It's nice of you to obey your girlfriend but if you don't think you have a problem then I see it more as a waste of time don't you?

Sounds like you do regret doing what you did...is this the first time you did something you regret because of drugs and alcohol?

pulling weight

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2012, 12:10:27 PM »
Jorge Lopez is gross.

So it's the blow's fault  ???

It's nice of you to obey your girlfriend but if you don't think you have a problem then I see it more as a waste of time don't you?

Sounds like you do regret doing what you did...is this the first time you did something you regret because of drugs and alcohol?

It is only the second or third time.
I by far have had mostly good experiences when getting drunk and going out.
She put an ultimatum on me--and rightfully so. I enjoy being with her so I am willing to do this to keep her around--even if I think it's probably a waste of time. She has put up with a lot from me, but this was overboard.
Yes, I read that mixing with alcohol causes aggression and blackout.
T

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2012, 12:26:04 PM »
It is only the second or third time.
I by far have had mostly good experiences when getting drunk and going out.
She put an ultimatum on me--and rightfully so. I enjoy being with her so I am willing to do this to keep her around--even if I think it's probably a waste of time. She has put up with a lot from me, but this was overboard.
Yes, I read that mixing with alcohol causes aggression and blackout.

Everyone reacts differently to substances but coke will allow most to drink a lot more alcohol than usual. Don't lie to yourself and blame the coke...

Go sit at a meeting for an hour if you gotta I guess...

Just keep in mind that one day you may potentially do something that will negatively affect the rest of your life because of "mixing coke with alcohol"

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2012, 12:30:16 PM »
Works for some, doesn't work for others. Didn't work for me, just made me want to use again listening to other people talk about drugs.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2012, 12:33:02 PM »
I don't have a problem really but I over indulged one night and told one of my gfs that I was visiting her and if she's not there I'm kicking her door in anyway. Also apparently called her an ugly mutt and told her, "I hope you die". Then I evidently took down a womans name and number, except instead of adding it to my contacts i somehow texted it to said gf. I was also doing snuff with the alcohol and don't remember doing any of these things, but I agreed to go because she put an ultimatum down.

Anyone else go to AA? What should I expect?

Looking at that all I could think is you standing up at a meeting and saying...."My name is Mel G and I am an alcoholic"

Good luck, sincerely
"

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2012, 12:33:07 PM »
Works for some, doesn't work for others. Didn't work for me, just made me want to use again listening to other people talk about drugs.
yeah, that part is a weird one... If I was trying to stop having sex with multiple women, the last thing I'd want to do is sit around as some hot 23 year old girl talked about how she used to get train ran on her in mens room bathrooms for meth.

i'd want to watch a bodybuilding show, or other sporting event without any sexual affiliation.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2012, 01:03:09 PM »
I don't have a problem really but I over indulged one night and told one of my gfs that I was visiting her and if she's not there I'm kicking her door in anyway. Also apparently called her an ugly mutt and told her, "I hope you die". Then I evidently took down a womans name and number, except instead of adding it to my contacts i somehow texted it to said gf. I was also doing snuff with the alcohol and don't remember doing any of these things, but I agreed to go because she put an ultimatum down.

Not a fan of AA. Ive been to NA a BUNCH of times. AA IMO is very judgmental

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2012, 01:08:51 PM »
Not a fan of AA. Ive been to NA a BUNCH of times. AA IMO is very judgmental
Depends on the group of people. Where I'm from, most people in AA are the same guys in NA.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2012, 01:09:47 PM »
that desperate huh?

another stud with dark past and artist hate fo the man!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2012, 01:14:49 PM »

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2012, 01:15:14 PM »
The first step is admitting you have a problem.
Lol, I was gonna say something, but that's just too obvious.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2012, 01:20:56 PM »
moosejay

AA not a problem with lusting over his young nephew.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2012, 04:22:11 PM »
Depends on the group of people. Where I'm from, most people in AA are the same guys in NA.

yeah, every group is different. my limited experience with these groups is that NA has many more losers than AA.

as far as what to expect: the other guys summed it up.  everyone drinking 1000 cups of coffee and smoking like fucking trains.  snivellers, most of them.... but many genuinely good people.

hopefully there will be one 22 years old hot chick there whose dad told her either she cleans up or out she goes. but generally, the women will look like a bad full of smashed dicks

if you dont think you have a problem then its a waste of time.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2012, 04:26:08 PM »
hopefully there will be one 22 years old hot chick there whose dad told her either she cleans up or out she goes. but generally, the women will look like a bad full of smashed dicks
Agreed, but those women are usually trouble. As is said, you don't go to the junkyard to find a new car.

But you do if you want to find a beater to fuck around with, destroy, and throw away again. Lolz.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2012, 08:12:16 PM »
I spent some time at NA over a decade ago, it helped me get clean, but the whole thing is based on Religion and doing twelve steps. (God Based).  They practice complete abstinence, no drugs or alcohol (but for some reason being a two pack a day smoker is fine).  The program is full of hypocrites and steps nazis.  They expect you to get a sponsor, an older cleaner member who supposedly has had a spiritual transformation and no longer feels the need to self medicate (this is BS, normally just some dude who has white knuckled it, pretended to be spiritual and now sells himself as a guru).  I could only take a couple of years of listening to the Bullshit, so I left.  Having said that, it did get me out of a tight spot when I was down and out (I also was given an ultimatum).  But I have occasionally gone back to a meeting only to realise I cant stand them (the groups constantly change and their always seems to be constant infighting between clicks).  Good Luck dude, but you need to be a pretty patient dude to handle these groups for any length of time. (Don't hook up with girls in the program unless you want to be seriously fucked with)
V

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2012, 08:24:04 PM »
I spent some time at NA over a decade ago, it helped me get clean, but the whole thing is based on Religion and doing twelve steps. (God Based).  They practice complete abstinence, no drugs or alcohol (but for some reason being a two pack a day smoker is fine).  The program is full of hypocrites and steps nazis.  They expect you to get a sponsor, an older cleaner member who supposedly has had a spiritual transformation and no longer feels the need to self medicate (this is BS, normally just some dude who has white knuckled it, pretended to be spiritual and now sells himself as a guru).  I could only take a couple of years of listening to the Bullshit, so I left.  Having said that, it did get me out of a tight spot when I was down and out (I also was given an ultimatum).  But I have occasionally gone back to a meeting only to realise I cant stand them (they groups constantly change and their always seems to be constant infighting between clicks).  Good Luck dude, but you need to be a pretty patient dude to handle these groups for any length of time. (Don't hook up with girls in the program unless you want to be seriously fucked with)
Yeah. That shit tends to happen when you have a group of fuckups all hanging out with each other while hanging onto their sobriety by a thread. Basically, these people replace their addiction to drugs and alcohol with meetings. And those people are usually no fun to be around, they become OCD about the program, it's not about sobriety, it's about their new addiction.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2012, 08:29:08 PM »
Yeah. That shit tends to happen when you have a group of fuckups all hanging out with each other while hanging onto their sobriety by a thread. Basically, these people replace their addiction to drugs and alcohol with meetings. And those people are usually no fun to be around, they become OCD about the program, it's not about sobriety, it's about their new addiction.

they get super militant about too "she has more chip time, so she can speak first"... piss off...best thing is to find a small group of dudes, maybe only 1 guy, that you can blow off steam with.

but some people need all that ritual, so they get it there

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2012, 08:33:09 PM »
they get super militant about too "she has more chip time, so she can speak first"... piss off...best thing is to find a small group of dudes, maybe only 1 guy, that you can blow off steam with.

but some people need all that ritual, so they get it there
Yeah, plus they get the whole "If you don't do this you're going to die! There is only our way! No other possibilities! I have more clean time than you so I know everything!11!!!"

As you said, finding a smaller one with younger people tends to be ok... but younger people also tend to always be one girl hair away from falling face first into a pile of their favorite drug, and taking others with them, lol.

The older gentleman seem to have only been able to succeed with AA so they're convinced that it's the only way to do things, period, and you're a fucking idiot if you don't listen to their advice.
Because, you know, everyone is exactly the same and everything works for everyone.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2012, 09:01:24 PM »

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2012, 09:12:22 PM »
I went to NA for 1.5 years and never talked.  They were so pissed at me for just being there and not sharing...lol.  I mean, what was I gonna say?  My name is Outby43 and I am here for weed through a court order?  LOL...fuck NA and AA.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2012, 09:25:55 PM »
Here in LA we have dirt cheap diner thats huge called NORMS

So round abut 2008 I rolled in and the whole place was fulla AA types for anniversary.

Far from humble people who beat an addiction, I saw a load of big huge attitude gansta player bums who all thought they were casanova and were REAL MEN

It was surreal

I still ate thier and tried to heard some funny stories but they were boring buncha bums, about 80 of them.

There were school busses outside so I guess somehow tax money went to pay to cater to these bums.

what a bunch of shitbirds

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2012, 10:28:43 PM »
The wife was in AA when we met, and I went to a few dinner functions they held.  I wasnt sold on it, but then again it really depends on the person and reasons behind their visits. Some go because of court order and of course when forced to do anything its hard to accept what is being spoken.  If you are going for real change then maybe, I mean what I witnessed at the few I attended with the wife were a bunch of back stabbing low life overweight women who look to blame their lives on men, and most men were there because their fat ugly wives made them attend.  Dont listen to me ive always played the devils advocate at these things. I tried talking my brother in law who is doing time for being a piece of shit drug dealer to hang outside of NA meetings and sell drugs,, then gripe and bytch about him being a drug dealer hahaha.

I so wish you luck on your journey as alcohol hads destroyed many lives. my mom was and is an alcoholic and I say thank god for that. Ina  sick way me watching her and what she done as i was a child made me never want to drink. However back in the old myspace and single man days I did drink and fuck alot of fat ugly women. That is why I hated attending these AA functions with the wife in fear of running into one of these whale asses I plowed and whispers sweet nothings into their ears all night. Hey then again im no prize, so it all worked out in the end.

i must say though meeting these 250-300# women online and nailing them drunk was not a bad time in my life. I mean women like that do not care if you last 1 minute or 2 just as long as you are fucking them. they are so excited to get dick they 4get it only lasted 2 minutes.

lmfao

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2012, 10:31:04 PM »
Here in LA we have dirt cheap diner thats huge called NORMS

So round abut 2008 I rolled in and the whole place was fulla AA types for anniversary.

Far from humble people who beat an addiction, I saw a load of big huge attitude gansta player bums who all thought they were casanova and were REAL MEN

It was surreal

I still ate thier and tried to heard some funny stories but they were boring buncha bums, about 80 of them.

There were school busses outside so I guess somehow tax money went to pay to cater to these bums.

what a bunch of shitbirds

Churches probably rent or own the buses. What these bums don't know is that when they get into the system, they more than likely are being experimented on. Esp if they eat at the soup kitchen.