Author Topic: Family of Trayvon Martin settle wrongful death case for more than $1 Million  (Read 635 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-75229786

Absurd. 

Why??? their son was killed in their neighborhood by their racist rogue watch commander.  Better to pay this than something much larger.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Why??? their son was killed in their neighborhood by their racist rogue watch commander.  Better to pay this than something much larger.

How are they responsible for what happened? 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
How are they responsible for what happened? 

They aren't really....however you being a lawyer, you would know that any jury would have held them liable anyway because they allowed Zimmerman to be the neighborhood watch captain.  Better to get slapped on the ass than to get scalded and horse-whipped in court.  1 million is a good deal
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
It's simple extortion.  The homeowners association is paying hush money to the family to go away.  They are trying to avoid the cost of a protracted legal battle and all the publicity that was sure to surround a court case.  I'm sure these rich folks don't want people like the good Rev. Al Sharpton and his fellow shake down artist picketing on their nice well manicured lawns. 

Personally I don't think awarding money shouldnt even be considered until after a verdict is rendered in the Zimmerman case.  I doubt the Martins will give back the money if zimmerpig is found innocent.  Knowing florida, with the right jury the homeowners association could have easily won.
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
It's simple extortion.  The homeowners association is paying hush money to the family to go away.  They are trying to avoid the cost of a protracted legal battle and all the publicity that was sure to surround a court case.  I'm sure these rich folks don't want people like the good Rev. Al Sharpton and his fellow shake down artist picketing on their nice well manicured lawns. 

Personally I don't think awarding money shouldnt even be considered until after a verdict is rendered in the Zimmerman case.  I doubt the Martins will give back the money if zimmerpig is found innocent.  Knowing florida, with the right jury the homeowners association could have easily won.

Zimmerman ISN'T GOING TO BE FOUND INNOCENT.....that's why they did an early settlement.  He killed an unarmed kid because he THOUGHT he was breaking into houses.  Stand Your Ground doesn't count if you start the confrontation
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo

Zimmerman ISN'T GOING TO BE FOUND INNOCENT.....that's why they did an early settlement.  He killed an unarmed kid because he THOUGHT he was breaking into houses.  Stand Your Ground doesn't count if you start the confrontation

It's Florida.  Get a bunch of old white retirees and he has a chance. Play up the name Zimmerman and get the Jew vote.
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
It's Florida.  Get a bunch of old white retirees and he has a chance. Play up the name Zimmerman and get the Jew vote.

He has no chance...even if the jury somehow finds him innocent, the judge will simply overrule their judgement and find him guilty anyway.  But it has no bearing on a civil case because there's a much smaller threshold....ala OJ Simpson
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo

He has no chance...even if the jury somehow finds him innocent, the judge will simply overrule their judgement and find him guilty anyway.  But it has no bearing on a civil case because there's a much smaller threshold....ala OJ Simpson

I understand that, but with the right jury the home owners association had a viable shot at winning- especially if enough time had passed and there was minimal media coverage.  The lawyers for the Martins probably threatened to make a spectacle of the case in the media, and aside from the cost of fighting a lawsuit, I'm sure avoiding the publicity was the reason the homeowners association settled without a fight.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I wish I could get a case like this based on such flimsy bs. 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
He is not going to get convicted you idiot.

If the case was so clear cut, why wasn't he prosecuted by the State in the first place?

This settlement has zero impact on the criminal trial. The homeowners association didn't want a bunch of baboons protesting in their community, harassing people and rioting.

The fact that they settled doesn't by implication have any effect on the outcome of the criminal trial.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

I thought Latinos couldn't be racist. Plus, ain't Zimmerman's granddaddy black?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I thought Latinos couldn't be racist. Plus, ain't Zimmerman's granddaddy black?

I need a case like this.  The lawyer pocketed 300k on this for at best 50hours legal work