Author Topic: Alimony  (Read 3209 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Alimony
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2015, 03:20:33 PM »
NH has has pretty much eliminated alimony but I know many guys who pay child support even with 50% custody. ::)  Thankfully my daughter was in college but I was still fleeced.

Are you saying that while this fellow has 50% he covers all the child's expenses and while the mother has the child she covers all the expenses? Otherwise who has custody doesn't mean much. Whichever parent I was living with, covered all the costs involved. It's much cleaner, no arguing over money.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2015, 03:26:09 PM »
I know a guy who was dating a woman for about 1 year. They broke up. She called him a few months later and said, "I am pregnant with your kid." He went back to her, they got married, and had 2 more kids. Then they got divorced. He has a 1, 2, and 4 year, old and pays over $1400.00 month in child support. Will continue to pay that until his kids are 18 or 22 (if they go to college). And its usually more than $1400 a month. Child support covers the basic necessities (food, clothing, shelter, school stuff). However, if the kid wants to join an after school program or a sport, the father has to pay half, in addition to his $1400 per month. In essence, it turns out to more than $1400 a month.

Are you saying that it doesn't cost $500 a month in total expenses for each child? Notice I added in an extra $100 to help cover the costs of afterschool programs, etc.

What a lot of divorced men don't get is that their ex-wives didn't have those babies by themselves. The father had something to do with it too.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2015, 03:29:45 PM »
shit prime may be a getbigger after all..may i suggest tinder for you

I don't need tinder. When and if I am ready to date, there are plenty of single women I already know. But thanks for the advice.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2015, 03:31:01 PM »
The judge and the state will more often than not be on the side of the woman and will wipe their beaurecratic backsides with it.

I was mad at God for not bringing me a mate a few short years ago; now I thank Him profusely for not bringing me one.

Some people expect too much from God. I think you are supposed to find your own mate.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2015, 03:38:45 PM »
And assets earned during a marriage.

Would state law out weigh a prenup? Some states follow community property laws while others don't. 

Inheritance is different state by state too. When my mom and her third husband married, had they lived in New Jersey as opposed to New York, I would have been first in line to inherit from her husband's estate since he had no children. In New York, step children are treated differently, so some distant relatives he'd never meant inherited his entire estate. My mom preceded him in death.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2015, 03:40:13 PM »
Marriage. What a disaster. And it sucks because as soon as a man enters into a relationship, he's immediately speeding toward the probability of co-habitation, marriage and crummy kids.

This sure wasn't my experience. All aspects of my marriage were great.