Author Topic: Game of Thrones season 6  (Read 9043 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Game of Thrones season 6
« on: September 06, 2015, 01:31:31 PM »
Game of Thrones casts Samwell Tarly's brother

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/04/game-thrones-freddie-stroma-samwell-brother?hootPostID=68a8cf9cc424cf0041450a32b1efd505

It’s official: We’re going to meet at least one member of Samwell Tarly’s family next year.

HBO’s Game of Thrones has cast UnREAL star Freddie Stroma in season 6.

The English actor is going to play Dickon Tarly — Samwell’s brother.

Stroma is best known for his role on Lifetime’s acclaimed dramedy UnREAL where he played the sought-after bachelor on a fictionalized The Bachelor-type reality show. He also appeared in the final two Harry Potter films and has a role in the upcoming Michael Bay movie 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi. He is likely to appear in the second season of UnREAL, as well.

There’s not much known about Dickon from George R.R. Martin’s novels upon which Thrones is based. Dickon is described as Sam’s younger and more physically capable brother. Their father, the military commander Lord Randyll Tarly, cruelly forced Sam to choose between joining the Night’s Watch or death so that Dickon could be his heir instead. When we last saw Sam in season 5, he was leaving Castle Black with Gilly for Oldtown to study to become a maester. 

Previously, EW exclusively reported that Thrones cast former Deadwood star Ian McShane in a mystery role and tapped silver screen legend Max von Sydow to play a recast Three-Eyed Raven. Thrones, which is nominated for 24 Emmys this year, returns next spring.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Game of Thrones season 6
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 01:48:08 PM »
‘Game of Thrones’ Casts Pilou Asbæk as Euron Greyjoy for Season 6

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/game-of-thrones-euron-greyjoy-pilou-asbaek-season-6-1201584050/

HBO’s “Game of Thrones” has cast Danish actor Pilou Asbæk as Euron Greyjoy in season six, Variety has confirmed.

Euron Greyjoy is the uncle of Theon (Alfie Allen) and Yara (Gemma Whelan) and the younger brother of Balon Greyjoy (Patrick Malahide), Lord of the Iron Islands. In George R. R. Martin’s novels, Euron is a skilled warrior who captains a ship called the Silence, and is known for his tempestuous and unpredictable moods. If season six of “Thrones” follows the Greyjoy storyline from Martin’s “A Song of Ice and Fire” novels, Asbæk’s Euron is likely to play a pivotal role in the series going forward.

Other newcomers for season six of the fantasy epic include Ian McShane in an unspecified role, and Max von Sydow, who will take over the role of Bran Stark’s (Isaac Hempstead Wright) mentor, the mysterious Three-Eyed Raven, when the show returns in 2016.

Asbæk has appeared in roles on the big and small screen, including “Lucy,” “The Borgias” and “Borgen.” He’ll next be seen as Pontius Pilate in the upcoming remake of “Ben-Hur” opposite Jack Huston.

“Game of Thrones” leads this year’s Emmy race with 24 nominations, including nods for outstanding drama series, supporting actor in a drama (Peter Dinklage), supporting actress in a drama (Emilia Clarke, Lena Headey), guest actress in a drama (Diana Rigg), directing for a drama (David Nutter, Jeremy Podeswa) and writing for a drama (David Benioff & D.B. Weiss).

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 09:23:15 PM »
I must be the weird one.

I've not even watched a single episode.

Am I really missing out?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 04:52:19 AM »
I must be the weird one.

Am I really missing out?

Sometimes yes and sometimes no :-\

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 05:40:14 AM »
I must be the weird one.

Am I really missing out?

It's worth a shot.  First couple seasons were really good.
Y

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 07:18:46 AM »
House Tarly Explained

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 11:36:32 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 09:54:57 AM »
I figured it out.  Before anyone else.

bran is going to discover he can communicate with the past, the dead, in his visions.
they'll relive all these moments we've heard about, they'll show us jon snow is offspring of lyanna and the mad king, he's the fire/ice that is the whole show focus.  massive war against the white walkers, etc, it'll be cool.

Anyway - - -
Bran will discover he can speak with the dead.  He'll tell a younger ned stark to do something differently - likely, step up to the throne and take it, instead of letting robert baratheon do it.

the series will END with the entire stark family - alive and happy - living in this alternate universe.  They're running a beautiful kingdom, just and fair.  we'll catch glimpses of what could have been, which is the new reality.  Cersei and Jaime will be happy farmers.  Tyrion will be married to shae with lots of babies.  All those funny outcomes, where these people should have ended up.

They do everything else with this show - resurrections, dragons, etc... a little time travel communication to make Westeros the place it should have been = the happy ending that fans will love.

Nobody's shared this theory.  But I think this is how the show ends in a 2 or 3 years.  We fall in love with all these characters, sad to see them perish... and in the end, they all have a new life and they're all living and happy, and the fans get their favorite characters to have a happy ending.