Author Topic: Supreme Court justice Scalia died.  (Read 10014 times)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Re: Supreme Court justice Scalia died.
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2016, 07:32:08 AM »
So it doesn't matter if Scalia brushed aside scientific evidence, because evidence changes all the time.

Right.

If Scalia was presiding over a trial of a traditionalist Roman Catholic and the prosecution presented forensic evidence (which is scientific) that the defendnant was guilty, would Scalia get away with saying "evidence changes all the time"?

You mean something like this:

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2016, 08:05:33 AM »
PIP

ONe of the greatest constitutional minds ever.

X2. Just a giant.

This is truly a shock and couldn't come at a worse time. Obama is going to be all over this to establish his legacy and change our culture for generations to come.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2016, 08:08:25 AM »
Maybe we can do a "Weekend at Bernies" until Obama is out of office. 8)

Look at that zombie bastard go, Rich!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2016, 08:11:25 AM »
x2. Yes, last thing I want is a supreme court judge who thinks there is a magical being in the sky who cares if you masturbate-and if you masturbate, your damned to hell or all eternity.

::)

Always comes down to religion.

The vast majority of religious people will care far more about a judge's positions on issues and not their religion. But for the atheist it immediately disqualifies you.

Whether one agreed or disagreed with Scalia, it was unanimous that he was a singularly brilliant man. Intellectually you're an ant in comparison. Light years out of his league.

And you claim to be the tolerant one.

And you don't go to hell for masturbating. Quit commenting on things you know nothing about.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2016, 08:14:06 AM »
You have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

He really doesn't. And it will always remain that way because one thing you can say about SF, he is very self-satisfied in his own intellectual superiority although there is nothing he has done in life, or doing in life (virtually all his waking hours is spent on forum boards and social media), to suggest this.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2016, 08:16:24 AM »
Listen, can it, bible boy.

We don't need any religion in politics.

When has any of Scalia decisions had to do with his religion? He follows the Constitution to the letter and was the leader in dismissing the Liberal notion that the Constitution is an "evolving" document.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2016, 08:22:42 AM »
Belief without evidence.

More precisely, "Belief without proof."

Conor McGregor, believes, i.e. has faith that he will defeat Rafael. He has that faith based on available evidence: comparing his past performance with Rafael's past performance. Only after their contest will he have proof that his belief was correct.

This, of course, does not mean there isn't such a thing as blind faith.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2016, 08:24:00 AM »
I met him in person and hosted him as a guest of our law society. Good man, very conservative and strong believer that people who wrote constitution meant what they said (ie constitution is not a living document)...Also looked like one of the Munsters which made him cooler.

WHAT? WOW!

Who the heck are you? Didn't know we had a legit celeb in our midst.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2016, 08:26:04 AM »
I can prove that I exist.  Jesus and God cannot. So there is that.

Can you prove Socrates existed?

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2016, 08:27:24 AM »
Change is coming

;D
"

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2016, 08:27:37 AM »
Give me your address.  I will come over and smack the shit out of you.

LMAO!

"I smack, therefore, I am."

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2016, 08:32:09 AM »
Scalia was worthless.  Fundamentalist religious wack job. Glad hes gone.

You lose credibility when you say things like that.

Even his colleagues disagreed with that. He was university respected and his brilliance universally acknowledged.

Whether one likes him, hates him. agreed or disagreed, his legacy is secure.

Often you respond and react not with logic and reason but with emotion -- like a girl.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2016, 08:34:31 AM »
You don't vote so it doesn't really matter what you think..... Lol, at someone who comments on political issues yet doesn't even care/too lazy to vote. Your arguments/point of view and EXISTENCE is basically worthless.

Fixed.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2016, 08:40:07 AM »
A dark day for Italian-American Roman Catholics.  Shirts buttoned at half mast across the nation.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2016, 08:49:33 AM »
This will not play out well for Republicans, which is either good or bad depending on your point of view.  Obama will probably nominate a middle-of-the-road high-credentials type of person whom Cruz and others like him on the Judiciary Committee will go after in a mean-spirited way on national television.  Just like the government shut-down a couple of years ago, this will read to the public as: "Republicans don't believe in ongoing smooth functioning of government."  It could possibly play out differently but this scenario is a logical prediction based on the key players and current makeup of the legislative branch.  Plus abortion and gay rights and Planned Parenthood, etc. will come front and center again, which Republicans always are better off pushing under the rug, given how the majority of Americans feel about these social issues.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2016, 08:54:41 AM »
Rubio thinks no SCOTUS should be appointed in the last year of a presidency, vows to fight obama no matter who is chosen.

I wonder if he'll feel the same way, should he be president?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2016, 09:01:52 AM »
Where did I make light of  your words?  

As you have done, so shall I.  If my words went over your head it is only because it was so far up your own ass and not because you were too ignorant to understand their meaning.

Or are you?  Why is it that instead of an exchange of thought you simply wish to trade sophomoric insults?  For the record, yours are feeble as a Wiggsian treatise on Nibiru.  

I try to be nice and this is what I get, but then what should I expect from an infant playing at being a juvenile?  Typist.

what are you blathering about now?

the bible is a compilation of writings (quite of bit of which is plagiarized), compiled, edited,redacted, mistranslated,etc..

All done by men (with their own individual beliefs/superstitions ,prejudices, ignorance and agenda's)

If you choose to have faith in something in absence of evidence or even worse, contrary to evidence that's your business.

If you want to believe a certain version of these compiled writings of men is the "word" or your god that's fine

lots of people believe in lots of nutty things

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2016, 09:27:25 AM »
what are you blathering about now?

the bible is a compilation of writings (quite of bit of which is plagiarized), compiled, edited,redacted, mistranslated,etc..

All done by men (with their own individual beliefs/superstitions ,prejudices, ignorance and agenda's)

If you choose to have faith in something in absence of evidence or even worse, contrary to evidence that's your business.

If you want to believe a certain version of these compiled writings of men is the "word" or your god that's fine

lots of people believe in lots of nutty things

Sheesh...My first remark when quoting your words was a compliment.  "Blathering"?    I was wrong.  You are a typist and a poor one at that.  How Genovan.

Be certain to use the Getbig standard of "meltdown" as often as you can, not only in any reply to my thoughts but to those whom you hold in high esteem because of their low IQ.  I suppose it was wrong to think better of you than you do yourself.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2016, 10:37:06 AM »
Sheesh...My first remark when quoting your words was a compliment.  "Blathering"?    I was wrong.  You are a typist and a poor one at that.  How Genovan.

Be certain to use the Getbig standard of "meltdown" as often as you can, not only in any reply to my thoughts but to those whom you hold in high esteem because of their low IQ.  I suppose it was wrong to think better of you than you do yourself.

what part was a quote or a compliment?

how about trying to address what I've actually written rather than talking in gibberish

let's go back to your statement on page 2 and see if we can attempt to decipher it again

Yup.  Only words, written by men I have never met.  I've never met you in person.  I've only read your words here and still I have faith that you exist.  Does that make you a "god" and me a mindless believer?

Not hardly, my friend.  ;D  

so the bible was written by men (many different and mostly all anonymous men)

thus you have faith they actually existed? (we'll ignore the fact that many of the called authors likely weren't the person attributed with authorship)

you believe the writers existed

so what?

for now we'll also ignore your obviously false conclusion that you believe TA exists because someone is posting using his account.  For all you or I know it's somebody other than him writing his posts (just like most of the bible)

again, so what?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2016, 10:48:50 AM »
Look at that zombie bastard go, Rich!

Haha, classic movie!! ;D
X

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2016, 03:13:18 PM »
Thomas Jefferson would have rolled over in his grave at someone like Scalia as a Supreme Court judge.  What a piece of shit.

On questions of separation of church and state, Scalia was a consistent voice for accommodation between the two, and against erecting a high wall of separation. When the court, by a 7-to-2 vote, struck down a Louisiana law that mandated the teaching of creationism in school if evolution is taught, Scalia was dismissive of evolution, calling it merely a "guess, and a very bad guess at that."

Jefferson was a slaveowner and elitist prick at times. He would have spat on the Gettysburg address for the lack of floral English by a Kentucky man.

Scalia had his viewpoints, and believed that the people who wrote constitution meant what they said. If they didn't specify no torture, they meant it is allowed. That is a legal stance, not a political or personal one. Go study jurisprudence and come back to me. I disagree with him, but I respected his intelligence and stance. He would make you look like a comatose spastic if you debated him.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2016, 03:15:25 PM »
His being dismissive of evolution is irrelevant.
Irrelevant?  Moron, the mandatory teaching of Creationism was brought before the Supreme Court.  I can't think of how more relevant it could be.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2016, 03:19:26 PM »
Jefferson was a slaveowner and elitist prick at times. He would have spat on the Gettysburg address for the lack of floral English by a Kentucky man.

Scalia had his viewpoints, and believed that the people who wrote constitution meant what they said. If they didn't specify no torture, they meant it is allowed. That is a legal stance, not a political or personal one. Go study jurisprudence and come back to me. I disagree with him, but I respected his intelligence and stance. He would make you look like a comatose spastic if you debated him.
HAHHHA I would have murdered him in a debate on religion or evolution.

His only response would be, "The bible", "Jesus was real", "god did it".

Guy was a moron.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2016, 03:23:15 PM »
Talk about a shot from out of nowhere.

Worst news of the year by far.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2016, 04:01:54 PM »
Talk about a shot from out of nowhere.

Worst news of the year by far.
Why?  What good has he ever done?  Name one thing.