Author Topic: Iran shoots down U.S. spy drone amid growing military pressure  (Read 5335 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Iran shoots down U.S. spy drone amid growing military pressure

Liang Youchang
www.chinaview.cn
Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Iranian troops have shot down a U.S. pilotless spy plane recently, an Iranian lawmaker announced on Tuesday as the Islamic Republic was facing increasing military pressure from its arch rival -- the United States.

The aircraft was brought down when it was trying to cross the borders "during the last few days," Seyed Nezam Mola Hoveizeh, a member of the parliament, was quoted by the local Fars News Agency as saying.

The lawmaker gave no exact date of the shooting-down or any other details about the incident, but he said that "the United States sent such spy drones to the region every now and then."

SECOND U.S. AIRCRAFT CARRIER

The announcement came amid reports that the United States is increasingly flexing its muscles to counter Iran's growing regional assertiveness and put more pressure on Tehran over its controversial nuclear programs.

It was reported Tuesday that a second U.S. aircraft carrier, the USS John C. Stennis, will arrive in the Middle East in about one month, the first time since the U.S.-led Iraq war in 2003 that the United States will have two carrier battle groups in the region.

The USS John C. Stennis, a Nimitz-class nuclear-powered carrier that has a capacity for 5,000 sailors, is scheduled to sail Tuesday from its home port of Bremerton, Washington, said Commander Kevin Aandahl of the U.S. Navy's Fifth Fleet based in Bahrain.

In about one month, the USS John C. Stennis, including an air wing of more than 80 tactical aircraft, will join Fifth Fleet forces that includes aircraft carrier USS Dwight D. Eisenhower.

"This demonstrates our resolve to do what we can to bring security and stability to the region ... (and) dissuade others from acting counter to our national interest," Aandahl said.

U.S. President George W. Bush announced earlier this month that the United States was taking other steps to beef up security of Iraq and protect U.S. interests in the Middle East, such as sending an additional aircraft carrier to the Gulf and deploying Patriot air defense systems to the region.

HARSH REMARKS AGAINST IRAN

The latest move comes just one day after new U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates made harsh remarks against Iran, indicating that Iran's perception of U.S. vulnerability in the region was part of the reason the Pentagon sent the aircraft carrier and the Patriot missiles.

"The Iranians are acting in a very negative way in many respects," Gates told reporters on Monday after a meeting with NATO Secretary General Jaap de Hoop Scheffer in Brussels.

"The Iranians clearly believe that we are tied down in Iraq, that they have the initiative, that they are in a position to press us in many ways," Gates said.

Gates also said that the deployment of Patriot air defense systems and the second aircraft carrier in the Gulf region indicated the Bush administration's "reaffirmation" of the importance of the region, adding that stability in the region is in "long-term, strategic, vital interests" of the United States.

The United States accuses Iran of using its influence to meddle in the region, especially in Lebanon and Shiite-majority Iraq, besides seeking a nuclear weapon, which has been rejected by Iran.

In an interview with Fox News earlier the month, Vice President Dick Cheney said that Iran was "fishing in troubled waters" in Iraq, adding "we think it's very important that they keep their folks at home."

Meanwhile, U.S. forces are still holding five Iranians arrested in northern Iraq last week, who the United States says have been connected to an Iranian Revolutionary Guard faction that arms insurgents but Tehran says are merely consular staff.

In a show of defiance, an Iranian government spokesman said on Monday that the country was pushing ahead with its plan to install at least 3,000 centrifuges for nuclear fuel production.

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: Iran shoots down U.S. spy drone amid growing military pressure
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 10:12:08 PM »
War with Iran is going to be interesting, they cannot attack with ground forces, the Iranians are no push overs like the Iraqis were at that particular time...they fight hard.
And due to the continues afford of the US and other countries they are equip with some decent hardware, not these RPG vs. Abrams suicide commandos we have seen in the first days of the Iraq war, they sport long distance tank killers and god know what else.

This could be the very first "real" war for the US, cuz let's not forget folks... a war is always a conflict were both parties are fighting, everything else is slaughter or genocide.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 10:16:47 PM »
Mmmm I have a hunch we might want war with Iran just to "flex our muscles" so to speak. If we want to, we can smash an enemy totally in weeks. A full scale invasion, bombing of their military sites, dude we could smash Iran totally in less than a month, if we were really pushed to.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 10:18:54 PM »
First off, I hope we don't go to war with them.  But since we're surrounding them, flying spy planes, and telling the world we're about to bomb them, I think bush is just gonna do it.

When we do, I hope it's an aerial assault on their nuke faciliaties and that's it. No casualties on the US.  of course, it'll mean stirring a damn hornets nest and they'll start exporting terrorists, so that won't work.

So we'll have to put boots on the ground.  And their military is way stronger than Iraq's was.  Recall that iraq was crippled by sanctions for 10 years.  Hungry and way weaker than 1991.  iran is strong, has nuke material now, and will be dug in.  I believe it was the great Clauswitz that said you need a 10-1 advantage to effectively win a citied battle against an enemy in a defensive position.

That's a lot of US forces :( :( :(

Man, I really hope this doesn't get serious fast.  If we start bombing, they could put some nuke material to use on us in iraq.  And then we would probably use nukes back at them (or israel would).  Either way, the middle east would turn into a shitstorm, and real jihadists WOULD become a threat here.

Jeez.  Why won't bush just negotiate with Iran?  Do you people here who defend that, not understand what a war with Iran REALLY means?  The military people here should be f'king terrified of a war there.  crazy, scary shit.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 10:21:26 PM »
Mmmm I have a hunch we might want war with Iran just to "flex our muscles" so to speak. If we want to, we can smash an enemy totally in weeks. A full scale invasion, bombing of their military sites, dude we could smash Iran totally in less than a month, if we were really pushed to.

No no no.  We could bomb our way to the capital and fck their infrastructure, but there will be 5 million men with rifles waiting to launch an insurgency just like in Iraq.   That's IF they don't nuke tehran as we walk in  :-\

Iran is a rich nation with possible WMD.  We might smash them with bombs, but you cannot win an occupation without killing everyone who lives there.  You can't.  Reason we lost vietnam, and it's why we're losing in Iraq.  You can't win when they live there.  They outlast you and have more to fight for.  Most soldiers are fighting to stay alive.  They're fighting for their nation first.  Scary fking enemy there.  Picking the Iran scab is crazy.  :-\

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 10:26:50 PM »
First off, I hope we don't go to war with them.  But since we're surrounding them, flying spy planes, and telling the world we're about to bomb them, I think bush is just gonna do it.

When we do, I hope it's an aerial assault on their nuke facilities and that's it. No casualties on the US.  of course, it'll mean stirring a damn hornets nest and they'll start exporting terrorists, so that won't work.

So we'll have to put boots on the ground.  And their military is way stronger than Iraq's was.  Recall that Iraq was crippled by sanctions for 10 years.  Hungry and way weaker than 1991.  Iran is strong, has nuke material now, and will be dug in.  I believe it was the great Clauswitz that said you need a 10-1 advantage to effectively win a citied battle against an enemy in a defensive position.

That's a lot of US forces :( :( :(

Man, I really hope this doesn't get serious fast.  If we start bombing, they could put some nuke material to use on us in Iraq.  And then we would probably use nukes back at them (or Israel would).  Either way, the middle east would turn into a shitstorm, and real jihadists WOULD become a threat here.

Jeez.  Why won't bush just negotiate with Iran?  Do you people here who defend that, not understand what a war with Iran REALLY means?  The military people here should be f'king terrified of a war there.  crazy, scary shit.

First I don't believe the Iran is already capable of producing nukes, they play with Propaganda as much as the US and the rest of the world does.
The US will without a doubt bomb them back into the stoneage, I cannot imagine that they will risk a landwar and loose a lot of troops, just imagine what another 3000+ casualties would do to the White House at this stage.

No the reason it takes so long is they have to wait until Israel is ready, they seem to be leaving the Golan hight, they have been in secret security/peace talks with the Syrians who are also not very amused that the Iranians may have nukes soon.
So everybody has to wait until the Israelis have their "back" covered.
Than you see the US fight them via the Air and the Israelis on the ground.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 10:29:00 PM »
damn, what a mess. 

honestly, I know it's predetermined what happens.  I know the govt has a bigger plan, and beating iran down fits the bill, but shit, it's gonna be ugly. 

Perhaps I shall ignore politics for a month and focus on learning to sew.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 10:32:32 PM »
damn, what a mess. 

honestly, I know it's predetermined what happens.  I know the govt has a bigger plan, and beating iran down fits the bill, but shit, it's gonna be ugly. 

Perhaps I shall ignore politics for a month and focus on learning to sew.

240 you have to learn to see what this is all about... Entertainment pure and simple, it's called the Theater of war for a good reason :)
Look if you would life in the middle east I would worry as well, but seriously the chances of anybody in America dying of an Terrorist attack are practical ZERO, compared to most other countries on this planet people like you and me have an incredible high life expectancy.
So I say enjoy it have a little bit of fun get entertained... cuz there is....ffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffuck all you can do mate :)

Even if they put up the draft, you still have options: think of guys in Iraq Iran or god knows were, they have practical zero options.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 10:35:37 PM »
240 you have to learn to see what this is all about... Entertainmet pure and simple, it's called the Theater of war for a good reason :)
Look if you would life in the middle east I would worry as well, but seriously the chances of anybody in America dying of an Terrorist attack are practical ZERO, compared to most other countries on this planet people like you and me have an incredible high life expectancy.
So I say enjoy it have a little bit of fun get entertained... cuz there is....ffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffuck all you can do mate :)

LOL ya know, ya might be right.  we can't change anything.we vote in dems and they'll change things by 2% but the other 98% is constant.

Okay, conscience going in a drawer.  Get the popcorn.  What date do we have for iran invasion?  Russian parliament guy said mar 28 was strike date.  you think before/after?

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 10:36:47 PM »
Are you totally totally sure? And usually when war breaks out it's way past "flexing muscles time". And maybe you want to elaborate who is pushing the US exactly or better with what, if you mean reactores I have to disapoint you they have every right to have them, I'm sure there are plenty of people who wish we would have never talked to Iran before, but fact is, they have the same right as the US to have a nuklear reactor.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 10:42:45 PM »
LOL ya know, ya might be right.  we can't change anything.we vote in dems and they'll change things by 2% but the other 98% is constant.

Okay, conscience going in a drawer.  Get the popcorn.  What date do we have for iran invasion?  Russian parliament guy said mar 28 was strike date.  you think before/after?

28? First time I hear that, but hey why not it's a Sunday and there for a fitting day for the beginning of the Crusade, I have to work Sunday so that sucks but I'm sure I can get updated on the Internet :)

Seriously: I believe the US will try first to smack them via Airpower, if they can destroy their reactors airforce and thats it, if this does not bare fruits they will maybe in combination with the Israelis attack on land.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 10:46:48 PM »
the ruskie PM said Mar 28, it was right aruond ISR elections.  Newt said on Greta tonight that the date was actually floated by ISR to scare Iran, but it sounded like he was trying to sell ISR's use of a psyop, which actually countered his own agenda and therefore didn't make sense. 

you ever tried that apple cinnamon popcorn?  I'm intrigued.

also that crichton article fit this no-control theme well in that MC says much of the drama we see in the media surrounding events is just theater also.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 10:53:40 PM »
the ruskie PM said Mar 28, it was right aruond ISR elections.  Newt said on Greta tonight that the date was actually floated by ISR to scare Iran, but it sounded like he was trying to sell ISR's use of a psyop, which actually countered his own agenda and therefore didn't make sense. 

you ever tried that apple cinnamon popcorn?  I'm intrigued.

also that crichton article fit this no-control theme well in that MC says much of the drama we see in the media surrounding events is just theater also.

The view rich fucks who run the US will make god damn sure that nothing absolutely nothing will stand in their way of making more money, this is what will save us in the end... greed... even if Iran would use small tactical nukes against invading US troops I highly doubt the US will use their nuclear arsenal from America, this is what a lot of people do not understand, if any Army General would call the shots we would have nuked one two counties in the middle east already, but it's always the people with the money that behind the curtain call the shot, these few people are too afraid they find themself in a situation they absolutely cannot control anymore.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 10:59:28 PM »
that's why I don't buy into the NWO thing... the period of disarray when everything gets super messy (many CTers predict 2012 as the year)... it just seems like things like student loans, electric bills, taxes, none of that would get paid.   Seems like it'd be too much of a dropoff in income.  And rebuilding it would suck too.  Hell, we're already giving 1/4 of what we make to taxes, and spending the rest on McD and at the mall. 

Man, I'm evolving, this is fun.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2007, 11:07:44 PM »
that's why I don't buy into the NWO thing... the period of disarray when everything gets super messy (many CTers predict 2012 as the year)... it just seems like things like student loans, electric bills, taxes, none of that would get paid.   Seems like it'd be too much of a dropoff in income.  And rebuilding it would suck too.  Hell, we're already giving 1/4 of what we make to taxes, and spending the rest on McD and at the mall. 

Man, I'm evolving, this is fun.

Sure there is a NWO Clinton said so himself, but it's nothing like a Dictator regime as we know from the Germans the Russians, it's just as we know it know, you can speak your mind, but who gives a fart what you think and what you say.
Look at it this way, remember all the people who demonstated against the Iraq Invasion? Billions of people world wide... did it do any good? Did it change anything? nothing what so ever, I'm sure some treehugger will tell you different, but I have a good counter argument against everything they say: Are there still people dying in Iraq by the Guns of American soldiers?
That's what this is comming to, even a massive amount of people will not change a thing, why? Because they know we are lazy, they know that at the end of the day when the Mother in Birkenstock and a selfmade Jumper is tired, she will go home put on the TV and talk some more, is it a thread to any affairs going on in the world... not a bit.
We have lost our only hope to resist, we have lost credibility, because we became fat and stupid, and they know we are not willing to put up a fight.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2007, 11:10:03 PM »
damn, good points.  at least we live in the USA.  Would suck to be on the shit end of the war stick. 

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2007, 11:14:25 PM »
damn, good points.  at least we live in the USA.  Would suck to be on the shit end of the war stick. 

Precisely, to be honest with you personally It has to come a whole lot worse before we are slightly affected by a NWO, you are bound to certain things in life, but you have real choice in life.
I could get up right now and leave this job life of the fruits of the earth have a long beard and shit in the wood.
Will I do it? i highly doubt it, but I could... and that's exactly what sets us apart from most people on this planet, we have "real" options to change our life's for the better, and as long as I have these options i don't start complaining about my right.
There are MANYMANY other people on this planet that need much more help than we do.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2007, 11:18:01 PM »
Everytime my gf complaint about something "irelavant" I remind her in a friendly voice to STFU and to think of some people lifing in some war torn country.
We are absolutly spoiled rotten, we think we don't have much, but compare that to 90+% of the people of this fine planet and you soon find out that we are the top of the cream.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2007, 11:20:31 PM »
maybe it's that we don't want to be morally responsible for the benefits we reap.

Like, if I had to look at 600k dead iraqis every morning, my corn flakes wouldn't take so good.  But will I take clean water, intact roads, and numerous strip clubs unaffected by taleban expectations?  Well hell yes.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2007, 11:25:56 PM »
maybe it's that we don't want to be morally responsible for the benefits we reap.

Like, if I had to look at 600k dead iraqis every morning, my corn flakes wouldn't take so good.  But will I take clean water, intact roads, and numerous strip clubs unaffected by taleban expectations?  Well hell yes.

But hey seriously... how does 240k dead Irakies sound to you right now? Or 4 Million jews killed in the KZ's? I don't feel a thing, they are just numbers.
Sure you get a little uncomptable when you see the pictures or the movie clips, but thanks god the media is so corrupt and sensored that we never really need to bother seeing some real aftermath of a VIB or Suicide bomber on a busy market.
I tell you something, let's assume tomorrow there would be a massive uprise and all Iraqies would try to storm US Bases, they had no weapons just manpower.
The US Soldiers would shoot them down in 1000...Let's assume there would be 300K Dead in one day... What would change for you? Not a thing, not a single thing.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2007, 11:29:06 PM »
But hey seriously... how does 240k dead Irakies sound to you right now? Or 4 Million jews killed in the KZ's? I don't feel a thing, they are just numbers.
Sure you get a little uncomptable when you see the pictures or the movie clips, but thanks god the media is so corrupt and sensored that we never really need to bother seeing some real aftermath of a VIB or Suicide bomber on a busy market.
I tell you something, let's assume tomorrow there would be a massive uprise and all Iraqies would try to storm US Bases, they had no weapons just manpower.
The US Soldiers would shoot them down in 1000...Let's assume there would be 300K Dead in one day... What would change for you? Not a thing, not a single thing.

so why all the domestic controls?  For the chance people here find out about 911 and try to revolt?  that's what i always figured it was.  like a backup plan should shit ever hit the fan for them.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2007, 11:35:33 PM »
You know what I always trie to remember?

I picture myself in Germany, and due luck for the middle east they get insanely rich powerfull over there and we just keep the standart we have right now, a standart we have life with for a long time and we are comptable with the way we life.
But people in the middle east think different, they "think" we are not "free" they think we need help, so they invade Germany and the surrounding countries and trie to establish a Government they think is best suited for us.....
Some of their soldiers behave like monsters, some of their soldiers are very kind...
But it does not change the fact that I have all of a sudden long bearded Islamic Soldiers partrolling the street who want to tell me what I can do and what not, that I cannot get on the street after a certain time, that I cannot keep my work and my house.
My Wife I love dearly is getting raped by a Islamic Solider scum and the Government in "where ever" formally apologises to me, but life will never be the same for me, my life with my wife will never be the same for me.

I would without a doubt join the resistance force plant IED's kill Soldiers cut their head off if needed pray on Construction workers and so forth.
When ever I picture this I kinda understand why young people kill themself fighting an overpowerfull "enemy"... it's their country, theym think we look funny and we don't share the same believes they do.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 11:36:17 PM »
so why all the domestic controls?  For the chance people here find out about 911 and try to revolt?  that's what i always figured it was.  like a backup plan should shit ever hit the fan for them.

Did People revolt when JR was shot?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2007, 11:39:59 PM »
Did People revolt when JR was shot?

nah, they brought him back in the following season's Dallas.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2007, 11:47:01 PM »
nah, they brought him back in the following season's Dallas.

lol I meant JFK ^^