Author Topic: 88 former military leaders write letter backing Donald Trump for president  (Read 5221 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: 88 former military leaders write letter backing Donald Trump for president
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2016, 05:26:23 PM »
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/09/06/the-disgraced-and-little-known-generals-backing-donald-trump.html

The Disgraced and Little-Known Generals Backing Donald Trump

"Retired military leaders who have been brushed by scandal and even talked about America’s war with Satan are among those backing his campaign."

Lt. General Boykin, one of the original Delta Force members, is disgraced?  lol

Little-known generals?  Oh brother.   ::)

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2016, 05:41:40 PM »
Lt. General Boykin, one of the original Delta Force members, is disgraced?  lol

Lt. Gen. William Boykin, past Delta Force commander, hit with Army reprimand

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/exclusive-lt-gen-william-boykin-past-delta-force-commander-hit-with-army-reprimand/2014/05/22/264a7ea2-e0fd-11e3-8dcc-d6b7fede081a_story.html

The Army ... quietly issuing him a scathing reprimand following a criminal investigation that concluded he had wrongfully released classified information, [for the book/movie Black Hawk Down]

Then there is

“I knew that my God was a real God, and his was an idol.”

“We’re a Christian nation, because our foundation and roots are Judeo-Christian… and the enemy is a guy named Satan.”

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2016, 05:47:20 PM »
Yeah, I noticed that "Disgraced and Little-Known Generals" bullshit headline in the other thread.  But then they buried a little hedge in their story to be safe: “To be sure, scores of the signatories had exemplary military records and continue to work in public service”

So WTF.  Who the hell do they think they are, to publish this shit with that 100% misleading headline?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2016, 05:49:34 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/exclusive-lt-gen-william-boykin-past-delta-force-commander-hit-with-army-reprimand/2014/05/22/264a7ea2-e0fd-11e3-8dcc-d6b7fede081a_story.html

The Army ... quietly issuing him a scathing reprimand following a criminal investigation that concluded he had wrongfully released classified information, [for the book/movie Black Hawk Down]

Then there is

“We’re a Christian nation, because our foundation and roots are Judeo-Christian… and the enemy is a guy named Satan.”

You will be under attack from some for posting that which cannot be denied but will be anyway. I admire your courage.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2016, 05:53:01 PM »
See, but we can find nuts galore supporting Hillary.  So the real story is the unfair attack on Trump.  Bottom line.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2016, 05:55:05 PM »

Then there is

Seriously?  So he was given a written reprimand, after he retired, for improperly disclosing classified intel in his book (which he denies), and that makes him a disgraced former general?  Despite the fact he served 37 years, retired as a three-star general, and had one of the most successful careers in Army history?  Unreal the lengths liberals go to try and demonize people.  

And are you also suggesting the quotes make him a disgraced former general??  

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2016, 06:02:48 PM »
The dispute with the info is viewed as fairly minor IMO.  The couple of quotes he made is what really haunted him (thanks to the same media which turns lies into headlines, btw).

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2016, 06:04:28 PM »
The dispute with the info is viewed as fairly minor IMO.  The couple of quotes he made is what really haunted him (thanks to the same media which turns lies into headlines, btw).

Are you talking about FOX TV?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2016, 06:10:43 PM »
Are you talking about FOX TV?

FOX is playing right along with the rest of them.  A Globalist Billionaire Club all on the same team, all with the same interests, all performing in the same stage-show.  Any "differences" they claim aren't coincidentally things the wealthy are unaffected by.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2016, 06:15:03 PM »

This reminds me of the reporters talking to Ben Carson's elementary and middle school classmates looking for dirt. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2016, 06:23:12 PM »
This reminds me of the reporters talking to Ben Carson's elementary and middle school classmates looking for dirt. 

True, but you can't deny Carson managed to do himself in pretty well without any help.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2016, 06:29:34 PM »
True, but you can't deny Carson managed to do himself in pretty well without any help.

I disagree, but it really isn't about whether he was a good or bad candidate.  It's about the lengths the media will go to destroy people who are right of center. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2016, 06:35:18 PM »
I disagree, but it really isn't about whether he was a good or bad candidate.  It's about the lengths the media will go to destroy people who are right of center. 

Yes.  The fact they so very selectively choose their victims, says everything.  We're seeing it in high gear with Trump. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2016, 06:36:50 PM »
Yes.  The fact they so very selectively choose their victims, says everything.  We're seeing it in high gear with Trump. 

If said this before, but it's the kind of thing that keeps good people from running for office.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2016, 06:38:46 PM »
If said this before, but it's the kind of thing that keeps good people from running for office.

I'll tell you, this situation with media MUST be fixed.  It must be.  Practically speaking, it is the worst problem going.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2016, 06:48:30 PM »

Yes, such as Hillary Clinton.  That's why Bernie Sanders won the nomination.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2016, 07:01:37 PM »
Yes, such as Hillary Clinton.  That's why Bernie Sanders won the nomination.

Yes, Hillary Clinton the staunch conservative. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2016, 07:20:56 PM »
LOL @ Trump pulling out the list of 88 names from his suit to show it off to Matt Lauer.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2016, 07:45:41 PM »
LOL @ Trump pulling out the list of 88 names from his suit to show it off to Matt Lauer.

Wonder what was really written on that list....?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2016, 10:04:50 PM »
Washington (CNN) — Donald Trump's campaign released a letter Tuesday signed by 88 retired military leaders endorsing his presidential candidacy, including four four-star generals and 14 three-star flag officers, according to the campaign.

The group, which was organized by Maj. Gen. Sidney Shachnow and Rear Admiral Charles Williams, praised Trump and declared that "the 2016 election affords the American people an urgently needed opportunity to make a long-overdue course correction in our national security posture and policy."

Also included in the letter was Gen. Burwell Bell, a retired four-star general who commanded US forces in Korea from 2006 until his retirement in 2008, and a notable inclusion in light of Trump's rhetoric allowing for the possibility of nuclear proliferation in the Asia-Pacific region.

"We support Donald Trump and his commitment to rebuild our military, secure our borders, to defeat our Islamic supremacist adversaries, and restore law and order domestically. We urge our fellow Americans to do the same."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/06/politics/donald-trump-military-leaders-endorsement-letter/

I just looked at the list and is not really that impressive.  Very few recognizable names, a ton of Brigadier Generals and Rear Admirals,  some of them were drummed out of the military from crimes and violations. 
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2016, 09:58:09 AM »

I just looked at the list and is not really that impressive.  Very few recognizable names, a ton of Brigadier Generals and Rear Admirals,  some of them were drummed out of the military from crimes and violations. 

::)