Author Topic: Couldnt i die if i touched one of them damn wires up underneath the house?  (Read 2713 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
when i was a kid, I plugged in something next to my bed.  The plug was only halfway into the wall, and my finger touched one of the exposed pegs.

I still remember to this day, exactly how much it hurt.  My arm was all flopping around.  It was like being punched and stabbed and kicked in that arm all at once. 

25 or 30 years later, I still lecture kids nonstop on electric plugs.  I literally thought my arm was gonna fly off.

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
Couldnt i die if i touched one of them damn wires up underneath the house?

Yes.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
Yep, and it doesn't take very many milliamps to kill you either..

Always use a safe limit of approach when dealing with that shit, or better yet, hire an electrician!

Fixed that for you. 100mA is enough to kill an adult man. You have something like 16A fuses in your home fusebox, and in the main line there is lot bigger fuses, meaning that if you get electrocuted, fuse doesn't go off before you are extra crispy. What will happen is something like this:http://www.thepadrino.com/2012/02/copper-thieves-electrocuted-trying-to.html

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES

Always reminds me of my girlfriend's orgasms.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I read at least a dozen primary sources a day
Always reminds me of my girlfriend's orgasms.

It reminds me of them too

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
It reminds me of them too

;D ;D ;D

I left an open goal there.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
'Yeah, 220, 221...whatever it takes.'   

Mick33

• Getbig III
You should really look into a different line of work.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
Falcon it won't hurt that bad.

Novena

• Getbig IV
Fixed that for you. 100mA is enough to kill an adult man. You have something like 16A fuses in your home fusebox, and in the main line there is lot bigger fuses, meaning that if you get electrocuted, fuse doesn't go off before you are extra crispy. What will happen is something like this:http://www.thepadrino.com/2012/02/copper-thieves-electrocuted-trying-to.html

you are thinking of Ground Fault Interrupters.

thebrink

• Getbig V

I think you would be long dead before the GFI would engage no..?

And those poor hebrews  :o , amazing the one guy managed to get a nose bleed at some point during that destruction...

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV

And those poor hebrews  :o , amazing the one guy managed to get a nose bleed at some point during that destruction...
The force causes thinner blood vessels to explode. ;)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V

holy shit my niggga that aint good
A

Novena

• Getbig IV

No.  The response time is so fast, no.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
120 volt can kill you for sure. Depending on how well you can conduct a path to ground. Its not the volts that kill its the amps. Look at it this way, ill use a liquid analogy for electricity. Volts is pressure, amps is flow
dude know i get  the difference, thanks for that

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Can get killed walkin your doggie.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
Employ Leopold as electrician, he is fucked anyway !.
 ;D