Author Topic: Another beast reveals himself  (Read 14235 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Another beast reveals himself
« Reply #125 on: December 29, 2013, 01:22:08 PM »

I have always had an extremely addictive personality. It's not something that I can help.

lets take a typical day for me:

get up 6.00am Pin GH go back to sleep.

Wake up 8.30am, hit the gym at 9.00am on empty stomach. (I don't like eating in the morning)

Usually do about hour and half weight training + hour of cardio after.

drink can of coke or lucozade.

hit my office at around 2.00pm and work till about 5.00pm (i run my own IT company so I am flexible in what I can do)

4.00pm start getting hungry at this stage (pretty much eat some random shit)

6.30pm go gym again, do 1 to 1/12 hour cardio. Boxing stuff

8.00pm eat like a mothafucker, like just carbs after carbs after carbs, i can probably eat between 3,000-5000 calroies in this evening eating window.

....pretty much repeat 6 times a week.

It is easy to become addicted to routine. The trick is to break the routine. Variety is the spice of life and also what keeps us vibrant and healthy. Try eating breakfast for a change. Workout in the afternoon. It can be difficult at first, but ultimately freeing. Don't let yourself become a slave to your own routines.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2013, 01:23:12 PM »
I also find gym cardio boring .. I prefer long walks, swimming, and when I am healthy I play tennis or basketball.

have you ever dunked on a 10ft rim

i could do it one handed in my early twenties

best feeling ever
T

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2013, 01:25:29 PM »

I have always had an extremely addictive personality. It's not something that I can help.

lets take a typical day for me:

get up 6.00am Pin GH go back to sleep.

Wake up 8.30am, hit the gym at 9.00am on empty stomach. (I don't like eating in the morning)

Usually do about hour and half weight training + hour of cardio after.

drink can of coke or lucozade.

hit my office at around 2.00pm and work till about 5.00pm (i run my own IT company so I am flexible in what I can do)

4.00pm start getting hungry at this stage (pretty much eat some random shit)

6.30pm go gym again, do 1 to 1/12 hour cardio. Boxing stuff

8.00pm eat like a mothafucker, like just carbs after carbs after carbs, i can probably eat between 3,000-5000 calroies in this evening eating window.

....pretty much repeat 6 times a week.

drop the gh or anything else for that matter

exercise no more than 1 hour a day .. weekends off

If you train 2 1/2 hours, you either train with incredibly long breaks or you do waaay too much

drop the carbs .. eat lean red meats, bitter green veggies and healthy fats

drink water when you are thirsty

spend an hour daily for your inner self (meditate, visualize or simply sit in a quite place and day dream)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2013, 01:28:04 PM »
have you ever dunked on a 10ft rim

i could do it one handed in my early twenties

best feeling ever
I played basketball here in my home town for the local team (second division in Romania) .. showstoppa I believe also played ball.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2013, 01:29:12 PM »
I also find gym cardio boring .. I prefer long walks, swimming, and when I am healthy I play tennis or basketball.

I envy you the ability to play these sports. Right now I am suffering from both sciatica and recovering from knee surgery for a torn meniscus. I have trouble just walking to the mail box and have been forced to do routine cardio at the gym for exercise and to keep my leg functioning. Additionally, I have an astigmatism which makes me terrible at sports such as tennis and basketball or anything where I have to gauge where a ball is.

I've had the astigmatism my whole life but the knee shit and sciatica is just old age, which is a bitch! I feel like a young man but my body says otherwise.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2013, 01:32:00 PM »
I envy you the ability to play these sports. Right now I am suffering from both sciatica and recovering from knee surgery for a torn meniscus. I have trouble just walking to the mail box and have been forced to do routine cardio at the gym for exercise and to keep my leg functioning. Additionally, I have an astigmatism which makes me terrible at sports such as tennis and basketball or anything where I have to gauge where a ball is.

I've had the astigmatism my whole life but the knee shit and sciatica is just old age, which is a bitch! I feel like a young man but my body says otherwise.
I used to. My playing days ended this June  ;D

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2013, 01:32:19 PM »
I played basketball here in my home town for the local team (second division in Romania) .. showstoppa I believe also played ball.

Romania. Lol. That's about the equivalent of grade schoolers playing basketball here in the states. Good job Sev.
$

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2013, 01:34:07 PM »
I did not say I played in the NBA. I played professional tennis but also a couple of seasons of basketball and also high level amateur squash.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2013, 01:36:04 PM »
drop the gh or anything else for that matter

exercise no more than 1 hour a day .. weekends off

If you train 2 1/2 hours, you either train with incredibly long breaks or you do waaay too much

drop the carbs .. eat lean red meats, bitter green veggies and healthy fats

drink water when you are thirsty

spend an hour daily for your inner self (meditate, visualize or simply sit in a quite place and day dream)

This is some solid advice.

It is hard to dial back one's workout, but it pays off in the long run. I never spend more then 90 minutes at the gym. and I never go more than 6 times a week, usually 5.

Water with a squeeze of lemon is a great drink. I drink this hot or cold. Soda drinks should be rare treat at best.

Eat when you are hungry, eat slowly and stop eating when you are full and not when your plate is empty.

One exception, some carbs are good. Just don't make them the mainstay of your diet. Carbs which contain high fiber are best.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2013, 01:37:24 PM »
I agree... carbs have their place as long one does not go over 100 grams daily.. I made suggestion based on my experience and what I consider healthy living.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: December 29, 2013, 01:41:09 PM »
You will not be able to sustain that. Learn to find balance.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: December 29, 2013, 01:41:57 PM »
You will not be able to sustain that. Learn to find balance.
[/b]

in everything
T

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: December 29, 2013, 01:46:11 PM »
I used to. My playing days ended this June  ;D

I am sorry to read this. Will you never be able to play basketball, even just for fun, again?

My son played varsity football in high school. During the off season he played rugby. When he moved to Germany, he took up soccer. He's had knee and back surgery. He coaches his son's small town soccer team but doesn't play himself anymore. My son is 47 years old.

My son-in-law has had several knee surgeries. He is a retired National Champion Pairs Figure Skater. His for fun sport of choice, like one of yours, is basketball. He shoots hoop at home with his son now. My son-in-law is 41 years old.

I shouldn't complain because my knees have lasted longer than either my son or son-in-law's. My knee was great until this year. I am 69 years old.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: December 29, 2013, 01:50:11 PM »
I am sorry to read this. Will you never be able to play basketball, even just for fun, again?

My son played varsity football in high school. During the off season he played rugby. When he moved to Germany, he took up soccer. He's had knee and back surgery. He coaches his son's small town soccer team but doesn't play himself anymore. My son is 47 years old.

My son-in-law has had several knee surgeries. He is a retired National Champion Pairs Figure Skater. His for fun sport of choice, like one of yours, is basketball. He shoots hoop at home with his son now. My son-in-law is 41 years old.

I shouldn't complain because my knees have lasted longer than either my son or son-in-law's. My knee was great until this year. I am 69 years old.
If my tendon holds up, I would like to play tennis again. Maybe even tournaments. I am sure I will be able to shoot around and play basketball. Just not competitively.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: December 29, 2013, 01:52:44 PM »
I agree... carbs have their place as long one does not go over 100 grams daily.. I made suggestion based on my experience and what I consider healthy living.

Aside from the surgery, judging from your photos you have a good handle on what is healthy living. I admire you for posting photos of yourself when you are super fit as well as when you are not. That takes guts on Getbig.

You and I share the same haircut. Is yours out of necessity like mine? I have been "follically challenged" since I was in my late teens. At least it is easy maintenance. I just buzzed my head and beard this morning....part of a twice a week routine that takes all of about 10 minutes.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: December 29, 2013, 01:54:55 PM »
Aside from the surgery, judging from your photos you have a good handle on what is healthy living. I admire you for posting photos of yourself when you are super fit as well as when you are not. That takes guts on Getbig.

You and I share the same haircut. Is yours out of necessity like mine? I have been "follically challenged" since I was in my late teens. At least it is easy maintenance. I just buzzed my head and beard this morning....part of a twice a week routine that takes all of about 10 minutes.
I have been bald also since my late teens. Since I was 20 I sported the bald look. Past 8 years a little hair that's left plus a beard. I am quite bald, yes.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: December 29, 2013, 01:57:37 PM »

yeah i hear you but its easier said than done

You give yourself too little credit. Just do it, as the Nike adds say. Start small if you need to by breaking just one little part of your routine. Don't be put off if you don't succeed at first, keep at it. Mostly, start thinking more positively. If you believe you can do something you will....likewise, when you tell yourself you cannot, you won't. It is easier said than done, but nothing is impossible.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: December 29, 2013, 01:59:18 PM »

If i drop GH should I just totally come off or taper down like slowly bro? I don't want to suddenly feel like shit.
I think you will be ok. You improve the quality of your life so you will feel better.

Learn to visualize or "imagine" .. whatever you wanna call it. Do this 30 min at least daily. Imagination is the language of the pineal gland. When you focus at the pineal, the thought form projects an electromagnetic field in physical reality. This stimulates the pituitary which in turns balances the whole endocrine system. They will never tell you that using the pineal is the key to balance even the glands but instead they give you synthetic hormones and such. Daydreaming, imagining, visualizing, meditating, are key to a balanced life.

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #143 on: December 29, 2013, 02:01:02 PM »
stats please.

Biceps, chest, legs etc

Its for my own evaluation purposes!

DJ181 is this you?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: December 29, 2013, 02:09:49 PM »
If my tendon holds up, I would like to play tennis again. Maybe even tournaments. I am sure I will be able to shoot around and play basketball. Just not competitively.

Well do what your doctors tell you to do. Take care of yourself and you'll be fine, most likely. So clearly, you are not finished as you suggested. Playing competitively isn't everything, but being able to do the things you enjoy is very important to your health, both mentally and physically.

You still have good muscle in your legs, it would appear from the photo. Being as fit as you are should help you in your recovery.

My right quad, especially the vastus medialis (inner muscle) atrophied a lot during the month I had to stay completely off that leg. I am still working on developing this by doing a variety of exercises, including leg presses (with pussy weight), bodyweight squats, weighted leg extensions, and some weighted hamstring exercises. Right now, the sciatica has caused my right calf muscle to seize up so I am walking like a gimp when I start out until I walk it out some.

Natural Beast

• Getbig III
« Reply #145 on: December 29, 2013, 03:18:50 PM »
u dont need to go that low on calories... keep your calories at 2300-2400 and u will be fine.. if u only eat 50g of carbs u will starve after week 2 and u will feel like shit with no energy... keep carbs at most 200g not more make sure if u train in the evening dont eat carbs.. just some fruit like an apple or a banana right after training with whey.. its that simple train 4 times a week 3-4 times cardio always do hiit cardio no more than 25 mins.. after 4 weeks u should see some really good results

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #146 on: December 29, 2013, 05:44:55 PM »
Believe you me I know brother, I know.

Like I said its an addiction. I have real hard time backing off the excercise, its like if i don't spend minimum 3 hours a day training (and that can be anywhere from 4 to even 6 sometimes) I feel inadequate, I mean that literally.

I have had 6 costisone shots in my shoulders in last 18 months.

I get fucked up heart rhythms, whenever I stand up I feel like dizzy.....but i just keep pushing, like I have such a hard time convincing myself I need a day off even on sundays, most times i end up going gym

Most people don't have this problem and CAN'T have this problem because they simply don't have the time to devote 4 hours a day to training. How on earth can you get away with just working 3 hours a day?

You have way too much free time and need to make a concerted effort to develop yourself more as a person and develop other interest besides your body. Do you read? There is so much out there that can expand your mind and open it up to whole you worlds. I use to be in a chess club and I loved it. The way it challenges your mind is like nothing else. But I just didn't have the time to devote to it. I've always wanted to really get into archery. The Zen-like state one gets when drawing a bow and focus on a target. Trying to keep muscle tension yet stay relaxed. It's an almost unworldly state. It puts you in a very special place. I'd really like to get into Muy Thai. I look at the discipline these poor souls in Thailand put themselves through hoping it will be a way out of poverty. But the tradition and ceremony, even the beauty inherent in high level athletes is something I want a taste of. I wonder what it would be like to jump out of a plane and just soar through the air. What a rush that would be. And what it would be like to travel. To visit other parts of the world. To experience different people and culture.

But I'll never do any of that any time soon. Like so many, most of my waking hours revolve around work. Getting ready for work, traveling to work, spending 9-12 hours a day at work, coming home, trying to unwind and get in a shake so I have some energy to get me through an hour workout.

You are so blessed having so much free time and yet you want to spend it in a gym. Why would anyone want to walk on a treadmill or ride a stationary bike when you go out doors and do that? Ever been hiking? So much of life is out there that most of us will never have the time or money to experience but you're preoccupied with how your body looks. Is there nothing else in life that interests you?  

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #147 on: December 29, 2013, 05:48:26 PM »
BTW, are you married? If not, do you have a girl friend?