Author Topic: Vince Basile thinks he can get back in shape like he did  (Read 18681 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: Whats with this BAsile guy? Delusional? Pulling our chain?
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2011, 06:21:31 PM »
I swear this forum would be infinitely better if they banned all males under 5-7!

I am telling you that I don't have any perceptible decrease of testosterone because I generate hypertrophy easier now than when I was young.

I haven't been tested for hormone levels but my muscles haven't shrunk significantly over the years. My calves are the biggest they have ever been.

It is my opinion that stimulating hypertrophy will have the body increase hormone levels to assist growth.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2011, 06:24:53 PM »
Flotsam. Lee Priest. Hypertrophy. Size acceptance.

chess315

« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2011, 07:48:24 PM »
so whats your proposed bicep workout then?  Also biceps can be a fairly hard muscle to generate sorness in at least for myself I would guess some sort of very slow negative may be best for this. if someone just did say there bis or bis and tris they would still have to structure the workout to match the indirect work the muscles receive. I could see it actually working good for biceps mabey tricpes but it would kick your ass doing the whole body in this manner. It may be tolerable if you used machines

biff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2011, 08:47:52 PM »
Are you agreeing with Mentzer ?

hey, anyone who drinks his own piss is alright in basils eyes

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2011, 09:23:27 PM »
To reply to chess. I picked biceps because it is a muscle that intermediate and advanced trainees seldom get sore no matter what they do. That is the point. Get them sore and you will grow.

You could come to my gym and use my biceps-supinator invention. It is the only one in the world. You would need some instructions about how to use it properly and effectively. It puts tension on the flexing function and the twisting or supinating function of the biceps. This can be a brutal workout if done properly.

Dr Kincaid

• Getbig III
  • Ice machine broken
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2011, 09:26:27 PM »
Looks like a time machine.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2011, 09:34:42 PM »
I am quite proud of the machine because even the great Arthur Jones of Nautilus never built one. He was the person who alerted me to the different functions of the biceps and how important supination was.

I believe it is the most complicated conventional machine for the upper body ever installed in a gym. It has 21 pulleys and 9 different adjustments. It is probably the only original biceps machine built in the last
30 years.

Btw, my comment about what big muscles are good at needs clarifying. Big muscles are good at doing set after set after set after set after set with a big resistance. So that is how you train. Each set taken to the point where you can't do any more reps. Don't get people to help you because then you will always need them. Simply do more sets. Exercise selection will be crucial as you get bigger. Some exercises that were effective may not be so as you grow bigger. You don't need heaps of different exercises, just one effective one repeated many times. Warm up with light sets but go to your limit on each and every set.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2011, 09:37:46 PM »
To the students of hypertrophy out there. Here is a simple experiment you can do to test my theory. If you don't grow rapidly....and are eating sufficient food....then my theory is false and must be

discarded. Okay, here is what you do. Select whatever exercise you want for biceps. Train in any fashion you want using reasonably heavy resistance but you must generate severe soreness in your biceps that

lasts several days. Retrain on the 3rd day even if still sore. After a few sets things will be fine. Keep the muscle sore. That is the key to rapid hypertrophy. Once you get to your maximum resistance then stay

there for many sets. If you can't generate soreness then choose another exercise or do more maximum sets or both. If you cannot generate soreness you will NOT grow rapidly.

So you're suggesting one exercise with multiple sets for every body part? Train the entire body this way hitting each body part every third day? How long should you keep this type of routine up?
T

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2011, 09:39:19 PM »
To reply to chess. I picked biceps because it is a muscle that intermediate and advanced trainees seldom get sore no matter what they do. That is the point. Get them sore and you will grow.

You could come to my gym and use my biceps-supinator invention. It is the only one in the world. You would need some instructions about how to use it properly and effectively. It puts tension on the flexing function and the twisting or supinating function of the biceps. This can be a brutal workout if done properly.

Looks like something out of the movie Terminator.
T

Dr Kincaid

• Getbig III
  • Ice machine broken
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2011, 09:43:35 PM »
I am quite proud of the machine because even the great Arthur Jones of Nautilus never built one. He was the person who alerted me to the different functions of the biceps and how important supination was.

I believe it is the most complicated conventional machine for the upper body ever installed in a gym. It has 21 pulleys and 9 different adjustments. It is probably the only original biceps machine built in the last
30 years.

Btw, my comment about what big muscles are good at needs clarifying. Big muscles are good at doing set after set after set after set after set with a big resistance. So that is how you train. Each set taken to the point where you can't do any more reps. Don't get people to help you because then you will always need them. Simply do more sets. Exercise selection will be crucial as you get bigger. Some exercises that were effective may not be so as you grow bigger. You don't need heaps of different exercises, just one effective one repeated many times. Warm up with light sets but go to your limit on each and every set.

Looks like a great machine Vince & is a tremendous accomplishment to go thru the design, R&D + manufacture of such a piece.
Bet everyone on here would like to give it a go.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2011, 09:46:07 PM »
So you're suggesting one exercise with multiple sets for every body part? Train the entire body this way hitting each body part every third day? How long should you keep this type of routine up?

Did I say that? Not at all. Just train your arms for a month every third day. Your upper body won't shrink and might even get bigger. This is one idea most won't accept. Throw out your ideas if

you want to embrace my methods. If you did arms on M Th Su W.... then you could do Thighs on Tu F M Th  etc. That would be the limit. Don't try to get the whole body sore! That would be

very unpleasant and might tax your systems. Arms and calves are a good combo. Triceps and Lats supersetted is another good combo.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2011, 09:49:00 PM »
Looks like a great machine Vince & is a tremendous accomplishment to go thru the design, R&D + manufacture of such a piece.
Bet everyone on here would like to give it a go.

My son, Zorba who is a qualified exercise scientist, and I both value this machine. So do some of our members. The bodybuilders not so much. However, when Zorba

shows them how to use it properly they are impressed. As you know most bodybuilders are experts when their arms are over 16 1/2 inches

so they believe free weights are best. It is like knocking on wood.

The machine has gone through several modifications and one major modification. It took years to have enough confidence to build it. I built every part of it except the bigger pulleys.

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2011, 09:56:16 PM »
Did I say that? Not at all. Just train your arms for a month every third day. Your upper body won't shrink and might even get bigger. This is one idea most won't accept. Throw out your ideas if

you want to embrace my methods. If you did arms on M Th Su W.... then you could do Thighs on Tu F M Th  etc. That would be the limit. Don't try to get the whole body sore! That would be

very unpleasant and might tax your systems. Arms and calves are a good combo. Triceps and Lats supersetted is another good combo.

So your method could be used to bring up a lagging body part? Once you brought up that body part, each month you could pick one other muscle group and use your method to increase muscular size one part at a time while continuing to train using a traditional bodybuilding routine?
T

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2011, 09:57:08 PM »
My son, Zorba who is a qualified exercise scientist, and I both value this machine. So do some of our members. The bodybuilders not so much. However, when Zorba

shows them how to use it properly they are impressed. As you know most bodybuilders are experts when their arms are over 16 1/2 inches

so they believe free weights are best. It is like knocking on wood.

The machine has gone through several modifications and one major modification. It took years to have enough confidence to build it. I built every part of it except the bigger pulleys.

Zorba The Greek
T

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2011, 10:04:32 PM »
So your method could be used to bring up a lagging body part? Once you brought up that body part, each month you could pick one other muscle group and use your method to increase muscular size one part at a time while continuing to train using a traditional bodybuilding routine?

This is an interesting point. I am lazy so why train a bodypart if it isn't going to be bigger? That doesn't seem smart. If you trained arms like I suggest for a month see if the rest of your upper body has shrunk. I doubt it will. If not then you can target particular muscles and know that the others will remain about the same. Of course, I don't know how long this process can last where you gain rapidly. Perhaps a couple of months before diminishing returns present. No one knows this because it hasn't been tried yet. Finally, we have an alternative to drugs. Yes, of course those who use drugs will probably gain even more muscle if they train like this. That isn't why I am posting this information.

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2011, 10:11:43 PM »
This is an interesting point. I am lazy so why train a bodypart if it isn't going to be bigger? That doesn't seem smart. If you trained arms like I suggest for a month see if the rest of your upper body has shrunk. I doubt it will. If not then you can target particular muscles and know that the others will remain about the same. Of course, I don't know how long this process can last where you gain rapidly. Perhaps a couple of months before diminishing returns present. No one knows this because it hasn't been tried yet. Finally, we have an alternative to drugs. Yes, of course those who use drugs will probably gain even more muscle if they train like this. That isn't why I am posting this information.
I am going to give a lot of consideration to undertaking what I wrote in my last post. After training consistently for sixteen years, and a total of twenty, without the best genetics, I need to try something besides traditional bodybuliding. At this point I measure my gains in years and it would be much more motivating to measure my gains in months. Thanks.
T

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2011, 10:15:57 PM »
Basile ?

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2011, 10:20:05 PM »
This is an interesting point. I am lazy so why train a bodypart if it isn't going to be bigger? That doesn't seem smart. Maybe it's not ideal for you, but if you enjoy the feeling that training gives you which I do it is well worth it. If you trained arms like I suggest for a month see if the rest of your upper body has shrunk. I doubt it will. If not then you can target particular muscles and know that the others will remain about the same. Of course, I don't know how long this process can last where you gain rapidly. Perhaps a couple of months before diminishing returns present. No one knows this because it hasn't been tried yet. Finally, we have an alternative to drugs. Yes, of course those who use drugs will probably gain even more muscle if they train like this. That isn't why I am posting this information.
T

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2011, 10:49:48 PM »
I am going to give a lot of consideration to undertaking what I wrote in my last post. After training consistently for sixteen years, and a total of twenty, without the best genetics, I need to try something besides traditional bodybuliding. At this point I measure my gains in years and it would be much more motivating to measure my gains in months. Thanks.

There are some who will suggest that the DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) requirement is nonsense. Or they suggest the gains are merely inflammation. I can cite a study by an exercise scientist who found that DOMS indicated hypertrophy. They just weren't looking for that. Most studies on DOMS were to lessen the pain following training. Few saw the importance of this effect. It is a physiological effect of damage in a muscle and remodelling soon occurs. That is why you don't train the next day. On the 3rd day you hit it again. The whole idea is to prevent the Repeated Bout Effect from occurring where you don't gain from doing the same thing. Naturally, you have to use progressively heavier weights as you grow. Make sure you avoid injuries. Never place your elbows on surfaces while exercising. Most biceps machines are bad in this regard because the pads are under the elbows. The same thing goes for the triceps. For calf training do not do ballistic movements. They will eventually damage your Achilles tendons. I know this from experience. You can't grow if you get injured. When you can measure your arms bigger the following day after training it feels great. You will be running to the gym to do another workout.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2011, 11:12:27 PM »
I swear this forum would be infinitely better if they banned all males under 5-7!

I am telling you that I don't have any perceptible decrease of testosterone because I generate hypertrophy easier now than when I was young.

I haven't been tested for hormone levels but my muscles haven't shrunk significantly over the years. My calves are the biggest they have ever been.

It is my opinion that stimulating hypertrophy will have the body increase hormone levels to assist growth.

hahaha you are deluded  ::)

Your muscles have shrunk, size does not = muscle dumbass - you are fat end of story.

Your homone/testosterone levels will be low for two reasons 1. your age 2. you are fat

Your calf's may well be bigger but all fat people have big calfs it is cos , well you/they are fat, carrying round all that lard forces your calfs to grow from carrying the weight - there simple enough for you ? ffs I swear you are clueless at times.

oliolioli

• Getbig II
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2011, 12:58:30 AM »

The machine looks amazing, I'm sure it would be a blast to try out.  Oddly your face looks photoshopped onto somebody else's body in that picture.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2011, 01:08:30 AM »
Lol. Yes, being vain I removed the double chin from the photo! Good catch. The photo was taken off a mirror so I had to paint a lot of the photo to remove flash noise.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2011, 01:12:31 AM »
Given soreness is the key would the easiest way to achieve this be to do a different exercise (for the same bodypart) repeated multiple times in one session? Then a different exercise in 3 days etc etc. I find that when i do not do an exercise for a while and then come back to it I am more sore the next day.
Or alternatively do low rep one workout and high rep the next (assuming doing max sets with both). Same thing in terms of the soreness I get.

Or is it much more preferable & crucial - as you seem to indicate- to at least aim to do the same exercise preferably every 3 days, keeping around 15 reps? But this may potentially mean a few 'wasted' workouts as the body may adjust after a few sessions and not get sore(which you can only tell in the following days)?

thanks  

These are good questions. However, you are already trying to modify what I have given here. It really is quite simple. Use your brain and methods and good luck. Or use my experience and brain and save yourself the trouble. As an aside let me tell you about some women I have known. I can give them advice about doing things on their computer but they can't follow instructions step by step. Nope, they go ahead and try things and end up confused and not getting it to work.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2011, 01:13:09 AM »

Is there any page or site where I can see those inventions of yours, because that machine looks great. Not expedient, but great. You seem to be master of the overcomplicated machines, and those I like, because I prefer to make machines as simple as possible. We are kind of at the opposite end of this subject and just as yourself, I have been building prototypes as well  :)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2011, 01:19:33 AM »
Why is the text in purple and why so long winded?