Author Topic: For all the Def Leppard haters on this board  (Read 15735 times)

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
For all the Def Leppard haters on this board
« on: December 02, 2012, 05:52:39 AM »
Here's proof that when people who are educated about music are interviewed only good things are said about the band Def Leppard.

Seriously, anyone who criticises Def Leppard must be a total wanker. It's true that not many people are educated about music on this forum. You can take your Metallica, Slayer, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Doors etc. and stuff them up your jacksies. This is what real music is all about.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
Re: For all the Def Leppard haters on this board
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 05:55:01 AM »
try harder homo

simon

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 05:58:22 AM »
saw them last summer.  really good live, great show.  guitarist is juicing.......bodybuildi ng related.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 06:21:16 AM »
don't hate them

but their music is a bit dull

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 06:46:53 AM »
don't hate them

but their music is a bit dull

How the fuck can you call their music dull?

Despite being hugely popular, this is dull:

And this:

And this:

Not this:

Or this:

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 06:52:45 AM »
Def Leppard blows.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 06:53:21 AM »

not gonna argue with you champ

i don't mind them... went to see them live once

just grown past them in my old age

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 06:56:52 AM »
Def Leppard sucks, dull music .

mik1111

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 07:00:30 AM »
mediocre

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 07:29:52 AM »
ha ha ...Comparing Def Leppard to Radiohead and Pink Floyd.

i really can't even get into it, it's that stupid..LOL

MikMaq

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 07:57:32 AM »

And this:

And this:

Not this:

Or this:

Lol good trolling, but those songs were based on song writing. Learn some fucking music theory before you try having an opinion you dumb girl.

Def Leopard, is a band based on superficialness. That is why your never gonna hear a reputable band covering def leopard, and why all those other bands you have mentioned have been covered countless times since they were first written.  

They sold alot of albums because they had insane production values, and look good on stage. They are basically a boy band.

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 07:58:50 AM »
ha ha ...Comparing Def Leppard to Radiohead and Pink Floyd.

i really can't even get into it, it's that stupid..LOL

You are right. Radioheads measly 30million + albums worldwide compared to Leppard's humongous 100million + albums worldwide. There really is no comparison. Leppard's music isn't depressing either like those posh boy alternative rock bands.

Here's a clip of me showing my appreciation for Leppard captured on their recent live album entitled "Mirror Ball - Live & More". My loud appreciation was also used at the end of a live track recorded by Joe Elliott's Down 'n' Outz.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 07:59:16 AM »
yeah

MikMaq

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 08:00:53 AM »
You are right. Radioheads measly 30million + albums worldwide compared to Leppard's humongous 100million + albums worldwide. There really is no comparison. Leppard's music isn't depressing either like those posh boy alternative rock bands.

Here's a clip of me showing my appreciation for Leppard captured on their recent live album entitled "Mirror Ball - Live & More". My loud appreciation was also used at the end of a live track recorded by Joe Elliott's Down 'n' Outz.

This is because woman love that shit. Woman lack taste when it comes to music it's nearly a neurological fact.

The backstreet boys, celine deion, and a hundred other shit groups also outsold'd pink floyd as well.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 08:05:51 AM »

LOL...number of records sold.

thanks for confirming you are a "livestrong" bracelet -wearing pod who opens his gaping maw and swallows whatever pablum is shoved down your throat by the media.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 08:15:02 AM »
The only thing I remember about Def Lepard is a couple hit songs and my mom scaring the shit out of me as a little kid by saying if I stick my arm out the car window I was gonna end up like the drummer!

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 08:18:23 AM »
Lol good trolling, but those songs were based on song writing. Learn some fucking music theory before you try having an opinion you dumb girl.

Def Leopard, is a band based on superficialness. That is why your never gonna hear a reputable band covering def leopard, and why all those other bands you have mentioned have been covered countless times since they were first written.  

They sold alot of albums because they had insane production values, and look good on stage. They are basically a boy band.

Well, let's see. Santana covered the song Photograph, Mariah Carey covered Bringin' On The Heartbreak, Lionel Richie recorded his version of Long Long Way To Go a year after Leppard recorded it, Tom Cruise recently covered Pour Some Sugar On Me for the movie Rock Of Ages also named after a Leppard song, Emm Gryner also covered Pour Some Sugar On Me, Lady Gaga recently named Leppard as one of her biggest influences and the main influence on her next album and Taylor Swift did the Crossroads show with Leppard where she performed a number of their hits. There have also been a number of Leppard tribute albums released over the years. The band is far more popular than you think.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 08:21:41 AM »
Well, let's see. Santana covered the song Photograph, Mariah Carey covered Bringin' On The Heartbreak, Lionel Richie recorded his version of Long Long Way To Go a year after Leppard recorded it, Tom Cruise recently covered Pour Some Sugar On Me for the movie Rock Of Ages also named after a Leppard song, Emm Gryner also covered Pour Some Sugar On Me, Lady Gaga recently named Leppard as one of her biggest influences and the main influence on her next album, Taylor Swift did the Crossroads show with Leppard where she performed a number of their hits. The band is far more popular than you think.

That is true. Alot of times you don't really notice how popular or great a band was until you see how many times their songs were covered. That is a pretty impressive resume.

MikMaq

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 08:24:14 AM »
Well, let's see. Santana covered the song Photograph, Mariah Carey covered Bringin' On The Heartbreak, Lionel Richie recorded his version of Long Long Way To Go a year after Leppard recorded it, Tom Cruise recently covered Pour Some Sugar On Me for the movie Rock Of Ages also named after a Leppard song, Emm Gryner also covered Pour Some Sugar On Me, Lady Gaga recently named Leppard as one of her biggest influences and the main influence on her next album, Taylor Swift did the Crossroads show with Leppard where she performed a number of their hits. There have also been a number of Leppard tribute albums released over the years. The band is far more popular than you think.
Sanatana is the only one their I'd ever consider a real musician, and he's been doing everything and anything to make a buck.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 08:25:26 AM »
Well, let's see. Santana covered the song Photograph, Mariah Carey covered Bringin' On The Heartbreak, Lionel Richie recorded his version of Long Long Way To Go a year after Leppard recorded it, Tom Cruise recently covered Pour Some Sugar On Me for the movie Rock Of Ages also named after a Leppard song, Emm Gryner also covered Pour Some Sugar On Me, Lady Gaga recently named Leppard as one of her biggest influences and the main influence on her next album, Taylor Swift did the Crossroads show with Leppard where she performed a number of their hits. There have also been a number of Leppard tribute albums released over the years. The band is far more popular than you think.

LOL

What an honour.

The movie bombed.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 08:29:15 AM »
Some of their songs rock.  You even actually like Def Leppard or is this some sort of joke?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2012, 08:29:26 AM »
Sanatana is the only one their I'd ever consider a real musician, and he's been doing everything and anything to make a buck.

I'm not a fan of Lady Gaga at all but you don't consider her a real musician? I know next to nothing about music but I always thought she was a pretty good piano player.  And how about Taylor Swift as a songwriter in relation to her core audience? Wasn't she writing successful hits in high school?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2012, 08:34:46 AM »
Well, let's see. Santana covered the song Photograph, Mariah Carey covered Bringin' On The Heartbreak, Lionel Richie recorded his version of Long Long Way To Go a year after Leppard recorded it, Tom Cruise recently covered Pour Some Sugar On Me for the movie Rock Of Ages also named after a Leppard song, Emm Gryner also covered Pour Some Sugar On Me, Lady Gaga recently named Leppard as one of her biggest influences and the main influence on her next album and Taylor Swift did the Crossroads show with Leppard where she performed a number of their hits. There have also been a number of Leppard tribute albums released over the years. The band is far more popular than you think.

that's great, I'm sure Jeff "mutt" Lange is proud that the pop songs he wrote, produced and arranged are being covered. ;)

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2012, 08:40:53 AM »
LOL

What an honour.

The movie bombed.

Sure, the movie could have done better, but it was still something like the 6th most successful musical ever or it had the 6th biggest opening weekend of any musical in history. Initially the band wanted nothing to do with the project after turning down an offer when the Broadway musical was launched. They really had no choice but to get involved after Tom Cruise (a fellow fan) and the producers begged them to let some of their music be featured in the movie. How many bands would say no to that considering the name of the movie was one of their songs? Who gives a shit if it bombed? I haven't even watched it yet.

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2012, 08:46:32 AM »
Seriously, who in their right mind would want to listen to this depressing shit:

Instead of this?

Radiohead = the kings of overratedness in this generation of nothingness