Author Topic: Ben Weider on PBW - REPLAY is READY!  (Read 50119 times)

Benito Mutumbo

• Getbig IV
Re: PBW Welcomes Ben Weider - Monday!
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2006, 02:27:21 PM »
Is Mr. Weider aware of the alleged PBW curse?  Has he been informed that Craig Titus, Kelly Ryan, King Kamali, Dennis James, Ronnie Coleman, and Chris Cormier have all suffered from extreme bad luck after appearing on this internet version of the Hope diamond?

Is he aware that he is tempting fate?  Better start wearing a sweater, Mr. Weider.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2006, 02:29:36 PM »
King Kamali

Kamali had terminal Palumboism long before appearing on PBBW.
Ron: "I am lazy."

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Ben Weider on PBW - REPLAY is READY!
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2006, 10:14:01 PM »
Ben sounds like the grandpa on "Silver Spoons".

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2006, 05:16:29 AM »
You had a golden opportunity to ask him all these questions YOURSELF..right in his office, face to face...Mano-e-tattooed Mano

You instead opted to not attend your hearing...WHY?

I'd like to hear that question answered also . . .  Lee why did you not ask him yourself?

The Beef

luv2build

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2006, 12:32:42 PM »
I could not listen to the replay past the 40 min mark.  i shut down and tried again but nothing.  anyone else have a problem with it?

AVBG

« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2006, 03:31:25 PM »
what a crap interview, Dan you did a reasonable job, but the monster hypocrasy by Ben Weider was too much.. He sounds like a modern day Napoleon.."Rules are Rules" - shame they don't want to help out others who will rarely qualify for the O or be in the top six at the ASC by allowing them to make money in other federations...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2006, 04:09:34 PM »
Rules are rules.  But sometimes due to circumstances (like a thing called the internet being born resulting in masses of fans demanding something other than refrigerator framed champs) requires adaptation.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2006, 05:11:53 PM »
Rules are rules.  But sometimes due to circumstances (like a thing called the internet being born resulting in masses of fans demanding something other than refrigerator framed champs) requires adaptation.

Yeah...masses of fans. All 20 of you crying "conspiracy".

Maybe the 7,000 that were standing on their feet was more of a indication of how the "masses" felt...

AVBG

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2006, 05:18:13 PM »
IT was comical with Ben was the pie in the sky dreams about being an Olympic sport.. HA.

The assertions that the amateur BB'ers were compliant with WADA anti doping guidelines was a blatant lie. If the IFBB or NPC had the resources or the balls to test all amateur BB'ers in the upcoming Nationals there would be no one left on stage to claim the prizes.  :-[

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2006, 05:23:29 PM »
IT was comical with Ben was the pie in the sky dreams about being an Olympic sport.. HA.

The assertions that the amateur BB'ers were compliant with WADA anti doping guidelines was a blatant lie. If the IFBB or NPC had the resources or the balls to test all amateur BB'ers in the upcoming Nationals there would be no one left on stage to claim the prizes.  :-[

Whether or not they test the NPC amateurs or the IFBB is irrelevant to the Olympic cause. What IS relevant is that they do test the IFBB AMATEURS that compete in the world championships, and they have complied with all testing as per the IOC rules....

AVBG

« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2006, 05:39:10 PM »
Whether or not they test the NPC amateurs or the IFBB is irrelevant to the Olympic cause. What IS relevant is that they do test the IFBB AMATEURS that compete in the world championships, and they have complied with all testing as per the IOC rules....

How did I know that you'd think that testing the NPC amateurs as irrelevant? -that's right, double standards are acceptable in the IFBB.  ;D

That only means that the majority of the select competitors are smart enough to beat the drug tests  ;)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2006, 05:48:23 PM »
How did I know that you'd think that testing the NPC amateurs as irrelevant? -that's right, double standards are acceptable in the IFBB.  ;D

That only means that the majority of the select competitors are smart enough to beat the drug tests  ;)

Maybe you thought that because it IS irrelevant...

AVBG

« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2006, 06:02:13 PM »
Maybe you thought that because it IS irrelevant...

To get to the Olympics, BB needs credibility and have attained a level of transperency where honest attempts to rid the "sport" of drugs needs to be seen to be done, not testing select participants (team Universe  ::) ) as you know they have done their homework to get clean.

Unfortunately, BB will never be sufficiently recognised and the joke will continue, remember as you guys broadcasted this IFBB is "their (a Weider) business" and as such any business owner would protect their investment/interests.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2006, 09:16:54 PM »
Yeah...masses of fans. All 20 of you crying "conspiracy".

Were there "all 20 of you" at the NOC?  Or was there 1400 people who enjoyed the show?

Very odd that you'd downplay demand for pro bodybuilder appearances.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2006, 09:49:55 PM »
Were there "all 20 of you" at the NOC?  Or was there 1400 people who enjoyed the show?

Very odd that you'd downplay demand for pro bodybuilder appearances.

well, there sure as shit weren't 1400 people at the NOC...and about 200 at the British show from what I'm told.

Who is the demand by, exactly?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2006, 11:03:34 PM »
well, there sure as shit weren't 1400 people at the NOC...and about 200 at the British show from what I'm told.

Who is the demand by, exactly?

Chic honey, ask the ticket booth how many people had tickets 1375.  So you are right there wasn't 1400.  How come there were less than 300 at the night show in Atlantic City.  The almighty IFBB is so big they pack the house with 300 people.  How many people were at the piece of shit New York Pro.  Did they even pack the 500 seat place.  And who are you getting your info from, Vince.  Are you and Vince G. talking to each other everyday now.  Your resources need to be updated.  Give it up already.  You failed, the IFBB failed, Manion failed, Weider failed, all the IFBB nuthuggers failed to stop the PDI.  The PDI shows pay out more prize money than 80% of the IFBB shows.  Nice organization.  40+ years old and they are still in the minor leagues. If it wasn't for the Olympia and the ASC, the IFBB would be an even bigger laughing stock.  Hey look at it this way, next year and the year after being the IFBB rep will be easier since there won't be as many members.  They better start handing out more cards next year.  Pretty nice how the 8 time Mr. Olympia is forced to cmpete in the Grand Prix to take home a massive paycheck of $4,000.  The IFBB sure does take care of their own.  I hope to god you are at least begging them to let you win the Mr. Olympia one time.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2006, 12:19:58 AM »

How many people were at the NOC?

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2006, 06:11:09 AM »
It is interesting how Ben Weider believes he actually has the sole rights to conduct a sport he didn't invent. Does he hold the copyright for bodybuilding or something?

why not just come out and say... "we don't want people making money for others in other federations even though we don't pay any salaries."

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2006, 08:11:55 AM »
Chic honey, ask the ticket booth how many people had tickets 1375.  So you are right there wasn't 1400.  How come there were less than 300 at the night show in Atlantic City.  The almighty IFBB is so big they pack the house with 300 people.  How many people were at the piece of shit New York Pro.  Did they even pack the 500 seat place.  And who are you getting your info from, Vince.  Are you and Vince G. talking to each other everyday now.  Your resources need to be updated.  Give it up already.  You failed, the IFBB failed, Manion failed, Weider failed, all the IFBB nuthuggers failed to stop the PDI.  The PDI shows pay out more prize money than 80% of the IFBB shows.  Nice organization.  40+ years old and they are still in the minor leagues. If it wasn't for the Olympia and the ASC, the IFBB would be an even bigger laughing stock.  Hey look at it this way, next year and the year after being the IFBB rep will be easier since there won't be as many members.  They better start handing out more cards next year.  Pretty nice how the 8 time Mr. Olympia is forced to cmpete in the Grand Prix to take home a massive paycheck of $4,000.  The IFBB sure does take care of their own.  I hope to god you are at least begging them to let you win the Mr. Olympia one time.

You'll believe anything that comes out of Wayne's mouth, wont you?

Lets go way out on a limb and actually believe there were close to 1400 people there...are we taking into account that the MAJORITY of those tickets were given away for free? They were aactually standing on the corner, giving them away...and lets not forget the Hari's that were also comped tickets to see their buddy Sri Chimnoy lift 1,000 pounds a whopping 1/16th of an inch..

I wouldn't start patting yourself on the back to soon, Keith...the money well is looking to go dry very soon if there aren't any major sponsors coming on board. Before the NOC, you said there were some "big name sponsors" coming on board..well see! Then there were supposed to be some "big surprizes coming our way..", then some "big names making the jump...we'll be shocked!!

Still waiting, big man....

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2006, 08:17:03 AM »
I actually had got a free ticket to the NOC the night of finals i stopped by. I walked in and saw somedude in a costume on stage. Looked around for a little bit, see if i recognized any people and then left within 30 minutes. It was actually my first BB show... but i wouldnt even call it that.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2006, 08:45:04 AM »
well, there sure as shit weren't 1400 people at the NOC...

Lets go way out on a limb and actually believe there were close to 1400 people there...

So, which is it?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2006, 08:47:55 AM »
So, which is it?

It's exactly what I said it was...nowhere near 1400...which makes it even worse that the numbers that WERE there, were mostly freebies.

BTW- Here's a review of the PDI British show, from someone who was there...more hard numbers for you...

2_GuNz_Up

PDI's British Night of Champions
I attended this event last night and this is my review of the event and the PDI in general.

Ticket Price: £50, $110!!!! There were about 100 people there in total, maybe 150...

Ok the show started off with some amatures competing to join in and win a spot in the night of champions show in the evening.

The night of champions show had all the same people in it from the NYC show. So we already knew who was going to win. It was not like a bodybuilding show it was more like Lee Priest and his bandwagon of rebel bodybuilders.

There was then a seminar after the amature bit where the owner of the PDI talked for absolute ages about absolute fantasy, the only good point he made was that his athletes were going to get excellent medical checkups but he also at the same time was saying he is going to introduce drug testing... he made no sence and contradicted himself. He talked about how bodybuilders in round 3 will now be judged on their posing routine and if they have a good routine be able to over take someone with a better physique than them and how important the entertainment value of a routine was...

Anyway after this the 15 finalists came on. Same dudes from NYC. They all did
their posing pre judging round 1 and 2.

Then comes round 3 the entertainment round of creative routines... OH MY GOD. They were CRRRAP!! They were the worst routines i have ever seen. It was like the athletes had picked a song they liked and just posed to it out of time and everything! Lee did his superman bit.

So then comes the winners... wonder whos won? Oh look lee priest... Suprise Suprise!!! I dont quite understand where this organisation is going. It seems to me it just travels around and gives lee all the first place awards (im not saying he didn't deserve it because he did, he looked awsome) i just dont really get what their doing...

After everyone moved into a bar nextdoor to the theatre and one of lee's companions was in there getting out the photos and DVD's to sign. Lee walks in and it apears to get his friend to pack the DVD's back up he then goes outside and starts calling for a cab. Not signing nothing or even saying hello to the fans. Maybe because there were not that many people in there but still... people paid to come get autographs and stuff it even says autograph session on the flyers...

Overal, a peice of crap company and an awful show. This is going to sink very very fast!
http://www.revradio.org/movies/ml.wmv
Dial up:
http://www.revradio.org/movies/ml56k.wmv

My Journal:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=10259156#post10259156

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2006, 09:06:00 AM »
It's exactly what I said it was...nowhere near 1400...which makes it even worse that the numbers that WERE there, were mostly freebies.

Initially you posted on getbig that you heard there were 100 people there.

You have repeatedly said "nowhere near 1400".

Can you give us your estimate of number of butts in chairs at the NY NOC?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2006, 09:30:56 AM »
Yeah...100 people at the pre-judging.

Do try and keep up....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2006, 09:35:49 AM »
Yeah...100 people at the pre-judging.

Do try and keep up....

Bob, you've said there was nowhere near 1400 people at the NOC.

I'm asking you, how many people were there?