Author Topic: PBW: Ronnie Speaks - Listen Now (On-Demand)  (Read 14255 times)

mtwain

Re: PBW: Ronnie Speaks - Listen Now (On-Demand)
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2007, 11:35:36 PM »
I'm listening to the replay right now and is it me or does it sound like Ronnie is eating? It's like his mouth is full and I occasionally hear some tongue clicking.

Hmm, I just heard the comment after they played what Jay had to say about Ronnie's future. Ronnie's response was, "That's just one WHITE man's opinion." I like Ronnie and hoping he'll come back and reclaim the title but I'm tired of this race thing. Blacks represent just 12% of the US population. They disproportionately dominate the sport. Quit crying racism when things don't go your way. Jay didn't cry racism back when he came out of nowhere (2001) and actually looked better than Ronnie that year.

MisterGX

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: PBW Returns with RONNIE COLEMAN (Monday)
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2007, 08:56:54 AM »
cool

Where's the brainbuster finish??

AVBG

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2007, 03:02:54 PM »
I'm listening to the replay right now and is it me or does it sound like Ronnie is eating? It's like his mouth is full and I occasionally hear some tongue clicking.

Hmm, I just heard the comment after they played what Jay had to say about Ronnie's future. Ronnie's response was, "That's just one WHITE man's opinion." I like Ronnie and hoping he'll come back and reclaim the title but I'm tired of this race thing. Blacks represent just 12% of the US population. They disproportionately dominate the sport. Quit crying racism when things don't go your way. Jay didn't cry racism back when he came out of nowhere (2001) and actually looked better than Ronnie that year.

good post. I thought I could here Ronnie eating too..   . I suppose nothing is gonna get in his way for 07?

I can understand Ronnie being defensive, too many people are looking to write him off before HE believes he is ready. Ronnie and Jay have a good rivalry going, and I bet that that has motivated both sides in their quest(s) for the O. ;D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2007, 05:05:31 PM »
Maybe he was chewing gum...?

mtwain

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2007, 05:56:25 PM »

That's probably more like it. I forgot that he's a gum chewer. Still, it's not too classy when being interviewed on the radio. You can ditch the gum for 30 minutes

I'm a big fan of Ronnie and really want him to win next year. I think he's an exceptionally decent guy in a sport that's somewhat wanting in that area. I really give him credit that he's stuck with MetroPlex after all these years and like his old school training style. Despite his "That's one white man's comment" I think he's true blue all the way. Ronnie's human and when you grow up in a culture where you're inculcated from birth to resent white people and you have whimpy white liberals slobbering over you begging for approval and acceptance as "one of them" you can't help but harbor some of that in a weak moment.

This is the second interview I've heard from Ronnie. The first one was with one of his sponsers Prosource(?) which was pretty much a love fest but this was one where you tried to dig a little deeper. You guys did a great job but it must have been tough. When Ronnie openly contradicts himself and when you pushed further and said, "Well, which one is it, Ronnie?" and he just says, "Both." I mean, where do you go from there. I guess at some point you just have to nod and say "O-kaaay" and let the audience decide. I think the audience got it. Ronnie just seemed kind of oblivious to it all.

Still, I'd like to see him win. He'll do something no ones ever done before or will ever do again. I don't count Arnold's 1980 gift.

But that's just one white man's opinion.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2007, 11:43:44 PM »
Like that is better Bob?

He sounded like an ass the guy is delusional now...

djohnsen

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2007, 12:47:20 AM »

Youre right! Isn't that a bit rude?
It also gives the impression that he
must have 5 minutes to reply to simple Q's.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2007, 07:32:59 AM »
his whole life is 30 mins to reply to some questions, the same questions over and over. like he said, you cant judge him if your not in his position, you notice ronnie coleman, he cant shrink down to normal size and not get noticed. i wouldnt be able to put up with the constant questioning and people looking for handouts and pats on the ass.

slummin

• Getbig II
  • BB Vips posting here encourage the growing disease
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2007, 07:03:30 PM »
his whole life is 30 mins to reply to some questions, the same questions over and over.

and all that practice didn't help his ass a bit   ::)