Author Topic: Prayer and Religion in Public Life  (Read 634781 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Prayer and Religion in Public Life
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2009, 12:56:27 PM »
What happened after the prayer?

They sat around waiting for what they asked for to be delivered.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2009, 11:55:49 PM »
I'm pretty sure they do, as does our House of Representatives and City Council.  Also, there are only 2 Republicans (out of 25 Senators) in the State Senate. 

So it's basically a perfunctory or even perhaps a ceremonial procedure

What is the significance of the number of Repubs/Dems/Independents to you?

Will you be updating this thread every time the state senate does this?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2009, 11:49:07 AM »
So it's basically a perfunctory or even perhaps a ceremonial procedure

What is the significance of the number of Repubs/Dems/Independents to you?

Will you be updating this thread every time the state senate does this?

No, it's a devotional and prayer.

The significance of the party makeup to me is how prayer and faith in public life crosses party lines. 

I'll be updating this thread every time I read, hear, or experience something that I think is relevant to the thread.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2009, 11:08:53 PM »
No, it's a devotional and prayer.

The significance of the party makeup to me is how prayer and faith in public life crosses party lines. 

I'll be updating this thread every time I read, hear, or experience something that I think is relevant to the thread.   

Bum - this sounds like nothing more than a typical and (as I previously said) perfunctory and ceremonial task.

Why do you think "party lines" are so significant?  Are you amazed that people other than Republicans might pray? 

Don't you think there are some non-christians (jews, muslims, atheist, etc...) sitting in that room waiting for the mumbo jumbo to be over with so they can get down to business?   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2009, 11:58:47 AM »
The Appeaser in Chief at work again. 

Obama tones down National Day of Prayer observance
By Kristi Keck

(CNN) -- For the past eight years, the White House recognized the National Day of Prayer with a service in the East Room, but this year, President Obama decided against holding a public ceremony.

"Prayer is something that the president does everyday," White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said Tuesday, noting that Obama will sign a proclamation to recognize the day, as many administrations in the past have done.

Asked if Obama thought his predecessor's ceremonies were politicized, Gibbs said, "No, I'm not going to get into that again.

"I think the president understands, in his own life and in his family's life, the role that prayer plays."

The National Day of Prayer is an annual observance for people of all faiths.

Under the Bush administration, the White House hosted an interfaith service each year, inviting protestant, Catholic and Jewish leaders for an event at the East Room.

President Ronald Reagan and President George H.W. Bush also marked the day with a White House observance.

President Harry Truman first established the day as a national event in 1952. Reagan signed a resolution in 1988 to observe the National Day of Prayer each year on the first Thursday in May, and each president since has recognized this day with a proclamation.

The National Day of Prayer Task Force, a privately funded organization that focuses on mobilizing the Christian community, says it's disappointed in this year's toned down observance, but other groups say the president needs to go a step farther -- and ignore the day altogether.

"It's not his job to tell people to pray," said David Silverman, national spokesperson for the organization American Atheists.

"We are very happy he did away with the George W. Bush-era celebrations and party, but we wish he wouldn't do it at all. ... When church and state are separate, separate is separate," he said.

Although there are no public events scheduled at the White House, representatives from the legislative and judicial branches are expected to attend an event the National Day of Prayer Task Force is holding on Capitol Hill.

But, despite numerous attempts to get a representative from the executive office to attend, "it doesn't appear they are going to fulfill our request," said Becky Armstrong, marketing and media manager of the National Day of Prayer Task Force.

"The White House is a small part of what the national day of prayer is all about. Tomorrow there will be dozens of events held in our nation's capitol and governors from all 50 states have already issued proclamations recognizing the National Day of Prayer," Armstrong said.

"It would be belittling to those millions of people to reduce this day to merely one event not being held at the White House."

Task Force Chairman Shirley Dobson said in a statement that she was disappointed in the "lack of participation" by the Obama administration, adding that "at this time in our country's history, we would hope our President would recognize more fully the importance of prayer."

Dobson will be a presenter at that event, along with her husband and former president of Focus on the Family James Dobson, author Beth Moore, NFL player Shaun Alexander and Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/05/06/obama.prayer/index.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: April 25, 2010, 11:21:38 AM »
Obama has prayer with Billy Graham.  Good decision.   :)

Obama meets with Rev. Billy Graham
By the CNN Wire Staff
April 25, 2010

Asheville, North Carolina (CNN) -- President Obama on Sunday met with the Rev. Billy Graham before leaving North Carolina to attend the memorial service for 29 West Virginia coal miners killed in a recent explosion.
White House spokesman Bill Burton said the visit was a follow-up to Obama's telephone call to Graham on the evangelist's 91st birthday last November. At that time, Burton said, the two agreed to meet as soon as possible.

Before Sunday's meeting, Burton described Graham as an important spiritual leader and said Obama was sure to pray with him during the visit.

Obama and his family vacationed in Asheville over the weekend, and the first couple played tennis Sunday morning before their departure, Burton said.

The meeting with Graham came three days after the Army rescinded an invitation for Graham's son, Franklin Graham, to speak at the Pentagon on the upcoming National Day of Prayer. The Army decision was due to controversial comments about Islam by the younger Graham.

"True Islam cannot be practiced in this country," Franklin Graham told CNN's Campbell Brown last December. "You can't beat your wife. You cannot murder your children if you think they've committed adultery or something like that, which they do practice in these other countries."

Graham later tried to temper his remarks by saying that he had Muslim friends.

Graham said he regretted the Army's decision but stood by his comments.

"I don't like the way they treat women, the way they treat minorities. I just find it horrific. But I love the people of Islam," he said, adding some of his work has been in Muslim nations.

The Army, which oversees the National Day of Prayer ceremonies at the Pentagon, feared that if Graham spoke at the Pentagon on May 6, Islamic militants would publicize his comments, potentially fueling tensions in Muslim nations like Iraq and Afghanistan, where U.S. troops are deployed.

Graham's invitation was not the only controversy swirling about the National Day of Prayer this year.

Last week, a federal judge struck down as unconstitutional the 1952 law that established the day, saying it violated the ban on government-backed religion.

On Thursday, the Justice Department informed a federal appeals court that the Obama administration will appeal that decision.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/04/25/obama.graham/index.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: May 06, 2010, 11:24:26 AM »
 :)

National Day of Prayer is on, despite court ruling
By Linda Feldmann, Staff writer / May 6, 2010

Washington
Thursday, May 6, is the National Day of Prayer, as proclaimed by President Obama. But this year, the annual ritual that began in 1952 is taking place amid controversy.

Last month, a federal judge in Wisconsin ruled that the US law directing the president to proclaim such a day violates the First Amendment, which prohibits government establishment of religion. US District Judge Barbara Crabb also said it was OK to proceed with the National Day of Prayer, pending appeals.

On April 22, the Obama administration appealed Judge Crabb’s ruling to the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals in Chicago.

But, like last year, Mr. Obama himself will not hold any official prayer day observance at the White House. His predecessor, George W. Bush, had held an annual interfaith observance in the East Room of the White House.

Last year, when Obama decided to limit the White House’s involvement to a proclamation, an urban legend was born: Obama had “canceled” the National Day of Prayer. Not so, the White House said. The myth-busting website Snopes.com has a page devoted to the topic. It’s not that the White House is opposed to prayer, Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said last year. “Prayer is something that the president does every day,” he added, noting that it is private.

The National Day of Prayer Task Force, a privately funded group with strong ties to the Evangelical Christian movement, is fighting back against the judge’s ruling and circulating a petition.

“The National Day of Prayer provides an opportunity for all Americans to pray voluntarily according to their own faith – it does not violate the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment,” task force chairwoman Shirley Dobson said in a statement.

Groups around the country will hold observances on Thursday marking the National Day of Prayer, as in years past. Though the tradition was formalized in 1952, with a congressional resolution calling on the president to proclaim such a day, there were national days of prayer long before then.

Opponents of the day of prayer argue that the proclamation makes them feel as if the government is telling them to engage in a religious activity. Atheists, in particular, object to a government prayer proclamation that assumes a universal belief in God.

Obama’s proclamation designating May 6, 2010, as a National Day of Prayer acknowledges the religious diversity of the United States – within the universe of monotheism.

“I call upon the citizens of our Nation to pray, or otherwise give thanks, in accordance with their own faiths and consciences, for our many freedoms and blessings, and I invite all people of faith to join me in asking for God’s continued guidance, grace, and protection as we meet the challenges before us,” the proclamation states.

Religion was a complicated issue in the Obama presidential campaign, and has remained so in his presidency. During the campaign, his long-time pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, seemed to threaten Obama’s chances at winning the Democratic nomination after videotapes emerged showing the pastor using incendiary language. Obama then delivered a memorable speech on faith that appeared to put the issue to rest.

Obama grew up with no faith tradition but embraced Christianity as an adult. Now, as president, he regularly delivers sermon-like speeches, in addition to delivering euglogies, as he did for civil rights leader Dorothy Height last week. On Feb. 4, Obama spoke about the power of prayer to foster civility and bridge divisions, in an address to the National Prayer Breakfast. But Obama and his family have not been regular church-goers since moving to Washington.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2010/0506/National-Day-of-Prayer-is-on-despite-court-ruling

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2011, 09:39:40 AM »
More efforts to appease a handful of cry babies. 

Senate drops rule requiring invocation
By B.J. Reyes
POSTED: 01:30 a.m. HST, Jan 21, 2011

A day after opening the 2011 session with an invocation from entertainer Danny Kaleikini, the state Senate adopted rules to do away with the tradition of beginning its daily sessions with a word of prayer or other such appeals.

By unanimous voice vote yesterday, senators adopted rules that omitted a previous section stipulating each day's session start with an invocation. The session began without one.

House leaders, meanwhile, were still drafting their chamber rules with the issue under careful scrutiny. Members opened yesterday's session with Rep. Pono Chong performing the invocation. Chong (D, Maunawili-Kaneohe) asked only that members observe a moment of silence for personal reflection.

A three-member Senate committee last year looked into the invocation practice after the American Civil Liberties Union of Hawaii wrote to both the Senate and state House in August with complaints about "decidedly Christian prayers."

That followed the arrest last April of a protester who disrupted a Senate invocation. Mitch Kahle, president of Hawaii Citizens for the Separation of Church and State, was acquitted of disorderly conduct in November and is now suing the Senate and state sheriffs, alleging he was assaulted and improperly detained.

Senate rules previously included language stating: "Each day's sitting of the Senate shall open with an invocation."

Sen. Brickwood Galuteria, majority leader, said the new rules are flexible and allow the chamber to include invocations at its discretion, such as for opening day.

"The Senate will continue to explore the issue and can develop a policy for the proper implementation of invocations that is constitutionally sound," said Galuteria (D, Downtown-Waikiki).

Only Sen. Sam Slom, the chamber's lone Republican, voiced opposition to the exclusion of invocations.

"I think it's important that we stress the need that as smart as we may be, as intelligent as we may be, that we can still call on someone higher to help us and guide us," said Slom (R, Diamond Head-Hawaii Kai). "I think for us to take this out of our rules and also to, by omission, tell the community that we no longer think that this is important — I think that this is a mistake."

The Senate invocation committee recommended a new policy that would have allowed the invocations to continue, with restrictions, including that they be nonsectarian and make no reference to particular deities or central religious figures.

Senators ultimately decided to do away with the invocations rather than implement difficult-to-enforce restrictions.

The U.S. Supreme Court in 1983 ruled legislative invocations are constitutional, because such prayers are deeply embedded in the history and tradition of the nation.

Rep. Blake Oshiro, House majority leader, said leadership was not looking at abolishing the practice, but instead was seeking guidance from the Attorney General's Office. Once the rules are drafted, they would be put to the full chamber for a vote.

"We do want to make sure that we are within the permissible legal, constitutional boundaries that have been set by courts," said Oshiro (D, Aiea-Halawa).

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/20110121_Senate_drops_rule_requiring_invocation.html

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2011, 09:50:32 AM »
More efforts to appease a handful of cry babies. 

Senate drops rule requiring invocation
By B.J. Reyes
POSTED: 01:30 a.m. HST, Jan 21, 2011

A day after opening the 2011 session with an invocation from entertainer Danny Kaleikini, the state Senate adopted rules to do away with the tradition of beginning its daily sessions with a word of prayer or other such appeals.

By unanimous voice vote yesterday, senators adopted rules that omitted a previous section stipulating each day's session start with an invocation. The session began without one.
House leaders, meanwhile, were still drafting their chamber rules with the issue under careful scrutiny. Members opened yesterday's session with Rep. Pono Chong performing the invocation. Chong (D, Maunawili-Kaneohe) asked only that members observe a moment of silence for personal reflection.

A three-member Senate committee last year looked into the invocation practice after the American Civil Liberties Union of Hawaii wrote to both the Senate and state House in August with complaints about "decidedly Christian prayers."

That followed the arrest last April of a protester who disrupted a Senate invocation. Mitch Kahle, president of Hawaii Citizens for the Separation of Church and State, was acquitted of disorderly conduct in November and is now suing the Senate and state sheriffs, alleging he was assaulted and improperly detained.

Senate rules previously included language stating: "Each day's sitting of the Senate shall open with an invocation."

Sen. Brickwood Galuteria, majority leader, said the new rules are flexible and allow the chamber to include invocations at its discretion, such as for opening day.

"The Senate will continue to explore the issue and can develop a policy for the proper implementation of invocations that is constitutionally sound," said Galuteria (D, Downtown-Waikiki).

Only Sen. Sam Slom, the chamber's lone Republican, voiced opposition to the exclusion of invocations.

"I think it's important that we stress the need that as smart as we may be, as intelligent as we may be, that we can still call on someone higher to help us and guide us," said Slom (R, Diamond Head-Hawaii Kai). "I think for us to take this out of our rules and also to, by omission, tell the community that we no longer think that this is important — I think that this is a mistake."

The Senate invocation committee recommended a new policy that would have allowed the invocations to continue, with restrictions, including that they be nonsectarian and make no reference to particular deities or central religious figures.

Senators ultimately decided to do away with the invocations rather than implement difficult-to-enforce restrictions.

The U.S. Supreme Court in 1983 ruled legislative invocations are constitutional, because such prayers are deeply embedded in the history and tradition of the nation.

Rep. Blake Oshiro, House majority leader, said leadership was not looking at abolishing the practice, but instead was seeking guidance from the Attorney General's Office. Once the rules are drafted, they would be put to the full chamber for a vote.

"We do want to make sure that we are within the permissible legal, constitutional boundaries that have been set by courts," said Oshiro (D, Aiea-Halawa).

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/20110121_Senate_drops_rule_requiring_invocation.html

by unanimous vote

we haven't seen that too often recently

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2011, 07:35:32 AM »
Not sure if Senator Slom (the only Republican in the senate) participated, but at least eight of them were Democrats.  Too bad the senate is trying to appease one paranoid anti-religious extremist (Mitch Kahle). 

Nine state senators pray before session starts
By Mark Niesse
Associated Press

POSTED: 09:39 p.m. HST, Jan 26, 2011

A group of nine Hawaii senators held hands, bowed their heads and sought God's blessing today, signaling that they'll still pray despite a vote last week to abandon official invocations.

Fears of court challenges compelled the state Senate to end prayers, making it the first legislative body in the nation to do so.

The informal prayer today took place in the Senate chamber before the daily lawmaking session, convened in such a way so as not to contradict the decision to remove invocations from Senate business.

"The message is that not all senators have eliminated prayer," said Sen. Will Espero (D, Ewa-Ewa Beach-Lower Waipahu), who organized the group. "We're well within the confines of the law."

The 25-member Senate changed its rules in a unanimous voice vote last Thursday to end prayers after the American Civil Liberties Union sent lawmakers a letter complaining that the invocations often referenced Jesus Christ, contravening the separation of church and state.

Senate leaders said they wanted to avoid the potential for breaking the law, but lawmakers who participated in the quiet prayer today said their faith has a place in their work.

"It's nice to start off the day with a prayer because we need all the help we can get," said Sen. Mike Gabbard (D, Kalaeloa-Makakilo).

The ACLU of Hawaii declined to comment today. The ACLU previously has said the Senate's action to remove prayers helps create an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of spiritual beliefs.

Senate President Shan Tsutsui, who did not participate in the prayer session, said he condoned their independent movement to keep prayer alive.

"It's a matter of free speech," said Tsutsui (D, Wailuku-Kahului). "We do encourage members, at their own will and desire, to go ahead and engage in prayer."

He said prayers could be held in the Senate in the future because the chamber's rules are silent on the issue following last week's vote.

The brief prayer asked God to bless senators' choices and sought guidance to do right for the people they represent, said participant Sen. Pohai Ryan (D, Lanikai-Waimanalo).

"Government and faith should be separate. But just because I voted against it doesn't mean I'm not a spiritual person," Ryan said.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/114704719.html

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2011, 10:06:54 AM »
Since this was passed with a unanimous vote obviously the majority of the Senate thought this was the right thing to do.

Other than you saying so, I see no evidence this protestor was paranoid or an extremist.   In fact he was exercising his first ammendment right and he was acquited  on all charges

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2011, 10:49:26 AM »
KNIGHT: Appeasing the gods, Hawaii style
State government throws Jesus off a cliff
By Robert Knight -The Washington Times
Tuesday, January 25, 2011

In the state where pagan natives once threw people off cliffs to placate the gods, the Hawaiian state Senate has voted to end the practice of opening its sessions with prayer.

It’s probably just silly Internet prattle that some of the more intemperate civil liberties advocates want to follow this up by throwing pastors into Kilauea, the volcano home of the fire goddess Pele.

The Jan. 21 vote came after the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) threatened to sue because of a single complaint by Mitch Kahle, founder of Hawaii Citizens for the Separation of State and Church.

The sticking point is that some speakers invoke Jesus, which sends the ACLU into a bout of “separation of church and state anxiety syndrome.” It seems that they are functionally “anti-Christ.”

The phrase “separation of church and state,” of course, appears nowhere in the U.S. Constitution and was derived from a Jan. 1, 1802, letter by Thomas Jefferson to the Danbury, Conn., Baptist Association assuring them that no particular Christian denomination would be declared a state religion. The liberal U.S. Supreme Court picked up on this nearly a century-and-a-half later and concocted an extraconstitutional doctrine that the ACLU has wielded like a pineapple scythe against public religious symbols or prayers.

During the period he sent the letter, Jefferson attended weekly Christian services held in the House of Representatives. No historical text as far as I know includes references during those services to Pele or to Buddha or even to Islam. Frequent mention, however, was made of Jesus Christ, since the overwhelming majority of the Founders and the legislators at the time were professing Christians.

According to the Associated Press, the Hawaii Senate is the first state Senate to ban prayer. In 2008, the 7thU.S. Circuit Court of Appeals overturned a 2005 ruling by U.S. District Judge David Hamilton that had barred the Indiana House from mentioning Jesus in opening prayers.

President Obama then appointed Judge Hamilton to the same court that had overturned Judge Hamilton‘s ruling, and the U.S. Senate confirmed him 59-39 on Nov. 19, 2009. The sole Republican “yes” vote? Indiana’s own Sen. Richard G. Lugar.

The ACLU‘s determination to silence prayer in the Hawaii Senate chamber contrasts with their own indifference in 2009, when the Hawaii Senate approved a resolution declaring Sept. 24, 2009, to be “Islam Day” on a 22-3 vote. The Senate‘s mighty Republican bloc of two rejected it, along with a single Democrat who worried about church-state separation.

When legislators celebrate Islam, that’s “multiculturalism.” When they allow individuals to pray according to their own faiths, that’s unconstitutional establishment of religion. It makes perfect sense if you think about it long enough to make your head hurt.

On Jan. 21, the GOP Hawaii Senate bloc of one - Sam Slom - argued for making prayers voluntary, rather than getting rid of them entirely. “As intelligent as we may be, we can still call on someone higher to help us and guide us,” he argued in vain, ignoring the evidence that his assessment of the legislators’ collective IQ might be, well, overly generous.

Perhaps the Hawaii Senate could get around the whole thing by opening legislative sessions with invocations to Pele. They could call it a celebration of the Aloha State’s cultural heritage, and blunt ACLU objections by insisting they are referring to a currently famous person instead of the volcanic deity.

They could even present Pele with a commemorative soccer ball. That might appease him.

Robert Knight is senior writer for Coral Ridge Ministries and a senior fellow for the American Civil Rights Union.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jan/25/appeasing-the-gods-hawaii-style/

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2011, 11:00:36 AM »
bb, it's clear what your focus is on here... move this to religious...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2011, 11:03:44 AM »
Absolutely not.  This is clearly a political topic.  It's been on this board for three years. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #114 on: January 29, 2011, 11:19:11 AM »
Bum - Do you feel that people who are opposed to the mixture of religion and politics are out to get religious people like yourself?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: January 29, 2011, 11:21:47 AM »
Absolutely not.  This is clearly a political topic.  It's been on this board for three years.  
Really?  You started this thread with your main point being about what an "integral part prayer is in our public life" and it looks like you've focused on that matter in one way or another.  Sounds like a topic for religious to me.  Hey that's what Ron told me, if it leans more religious, send it that way...  This absolutely leans more religious.

move it on over buddy :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2011, 11:25:22 AM »
If you don't want to do it, I can do it for you if you want :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2011, 11:27:42 AM »
Really?  You started this thread with your main point being about what an "integral part prayer is in our public life" and it looks like you've focused on that matter in one way or another.  Sounds like a topic for religious to me.  Hey that's what Ron told me, if it leans more religious, send it that way...  This absolutely leans more religious.

move it on over buddy :)

Nope.  It's about the First Amendment.  If you don't like it, don't read it.  It's been here for years.  It stays.  Quit trying to start an unnecessary dispute.   

I'm sure you don't want your threads and posts moved.   :)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2011, 11:28:49 AM »
I'm still tyring to figure out the political relevance of Bum's thread about Lawrence Taylor being charged with statutory rape and solicitation of a prostitute

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2011, 11:30:57 AM »
Nope.  It's about the First Amendment.  If you don't like it, don't read it.  It's been here for years.  It stays.  Quit trying to start an unnecessary dispute.   

nice job Bum - threaten him with possibility of moving his threads ..... on what grounds?

btw - the protestor in the Hawaiin Senate was exercising his first amendment rights which was why he was acquited.

Is that what you're referrring to ?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2011, 11:39:32 AM »

actually for all I care you can start deleting or moving all of my posts/threads.  Seriously, I give you permission to start deleting my threads or posts as fast as you can manage.  I won't even say anything about it... No bitch will from me.  You can copy this post and show it to Ron if I complain. Move them or delete them at will as you wish. 

This thread's focus is on religion and you made that clear from the starting post.  Don't spew first amendment, everything on getbig is about the first Amerndemnt lol....  This thread needs to be moved and if you don't, I will. :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: January 29, 2011, 11:42:33 AM »
nice job Bum - threaten him with possibility of moving his threads ..... on what grounds?

btw - the protestor in the Hawaiin Senate was exercising his first amendment rights which was why he was acquited.

Is that what you're referrring to ?
seriously, he can delete my threads or move them as he wishes...  This thread doesn't belong here and if he wants to meltdown and move my threads, I'll just get a laugh out of it...

Go for it BB....

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: January 29, 2011, 11:43:36 AM »
Countdown to moved.... 3...2...

lol

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: January 29, 2011, 11:44:58 AM »
actually for all I care you can start deleting or moving all of my posts/threads.  Seriously, I give you permission to start deleting my threads or posts as fast as you can manage.  I won't even say anything about it... No bitch will from me.  You can copy this post and show it to Ron if I complain. Move them or delete them at will as you wish. 

This thread's focus is on religion and you made that clear from the starting post.  Don't spew first amendment, everything on getbig is about the first Amerndemnt lol....  This thread needs to be moved and if you don't, I will. :)

I'm not moving the thread.  It has been here since 2007.  A number of people have posted in the thread.  It plainly deals with the First Amendment freedoms of speech and religion and their involvement in public life.  If you have a problem with the fact it deals with religion, then like I said, don't read it.  Pretty simple.  Same choice everyone on the board has with threads they don't like.      

And yes, if you want play the move-the-threads game, I'll play today.  It's really unnecessary, but I'll play.  I have a little free time.   :)  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: January 29, 2011, 11:45:11 AM »