Author Topic: PBW: IFBB's Head Judge - LISTEN NOW "On-Demand"  (Read 25112 times)

PRAXIS

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Qs for IFBB’s Head Judge Jim Rockell
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2007, 08:58:29 AM »
Mr Rockell, for the record - Did Vic M's win at the Arnold have anything to do with you and he hailing from the same hometown?

Did he get the "NYC nod"?

I think MHP had more to do with it then that. Ask Victor how much he took home from his actual prize winnings.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2007, 09:03:53 AM »
While you attempt to unravel the complexity that is "surreptitiously delivering the identity of one person as another in an effort to align the goals, interests, and actions of one as those of another", I'm going to take up juggling.  I'm guessing by the time you 'get it' I will be pretty darned good.

Chick pwned yet again..

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2007, 09:06:23 AM »
Chick pwned yet again..

yeah that was pretty bad too.. :-\

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2007, 10:04:54 AM »
Make that 0-3...

Keep going, you'll eventually catch up Special Ed....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2007, 10:08:20 AM »
Make that 0-3...

I'm not Special Ed.

I think you might need to do a recount, Bob.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2007, 10:12:22 AM »
I'm not Special Ed.

I think you might need to do a recount, Bob.

ahahah 240 is taking a beating in this thread

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2007, 10:22:13 AM »
Awesome....so now we know you think NY is one big neighborhood AND that you're not Special Ed.

Any more stark revelations for us today?

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2007, 10:28:03 AM »
Great observation....Rochester is in upstate NY, 6-7 hours away from where Vic lives.

It's as much the same "hometown" as San Fran and San Diego.

chick are you saying everything that goes down in the IFBB is on the up and up, that there's no favortism in any scenerio?  You have not problem with anything that's gone down and totally agree with any and all decisions that the IFBB has made?  I dont' think the questions originally asked by 240 were all that bad.

honestly, how much will Ronnie's injury effect his placing?  does he fit the bill as to what a mr. O is supposed to be according to the IFBB rule book or for that matter does he belong in the top 5 with the condition he brought last year considering the fact that yes, he is huge but his lat was injured, he has no calves, his tri was injured and his waist is still gigantic...I dont' know the IFBB judging standards as well as you do but shouldn't a guy like Toney Freeman or even Ronny Rockel fit the bill of what the standards dictate should be winning or placing well in an Olympia?
nasser=piece of shit

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2007, 10:31:48 AM »
chick are you saying everything that goes down in the IFBB is on the up and up, that there's no favortism in any scenerio?  You have not problem with anything that's gone down and totally agree with any and all decisions that the IFBB has made?  I dont' think the questions originally asked by 240 were all that bad.

honestly, how much will Ronnie's injury effect his placing?  does he fit the bill as to what a mr. O is supposed to be according to the IFBB rule book or for that matter does he belong in the top 5 with the condition he brought last year considering the fact that yes, he is huge but his lat was injured, he has no calves, his tri was injured and his waist is still gigantic...I dont' know the IFBB judging standards as well as you do but shouldn't a guy like Toney Freeman or even Ronny Rockel fit the bill of what the standards dictate should be winning or placing well in an Olympia?

If I did...I wouldn't be the Athletes Rep, nor would I have had 6 rules changed reguarding the judging.

240 wanted to ask if there was a "hometown" decision from Jim on Victors placing...I made note back, that NYC and Rochester are 6 1/2 hours apart...hardly the same area, different gyms, etc...

He's just being his usual self....clueless.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2007, 10:39:00 AM »
If I did...I wouldn't be the Athletes Rep, nor would I have had 6 rules changed reguarding the judging.

240 wanted to ask if there was a "hometown" decision from Jim on Victors placing...I made note back, that NYC and Rochester are 6 1/2 hours apart...hardly the same area, different gyms, etc...

He's just being his usual self....clueless.

I can admit that I didn't read everything, so I'm sorry if I made assumptions but i'd like to see you address the questions I posed. 

Realistically what is the Mr. Olympia supposed to look like and how can a judge-any judge award a high placing to an person who has such glaring injuries and structural problems-Ronnie's waist and gut were not really structural problems back in the day but the way they are now, I'll call them structural problems.  how can the judges interpretation of the rules have changed so much from say 1986 to now, as far as I know and I could be wrong the rule book has not really changed as to how a body should be assessed.  If a person has a torn lat and or/tri no matter how good they were in the past or thier "pedigree" they should be judged accordingly.

Ronnie was the standard in 98-2000, his current condition is nothing like what the standard is supposed to be as I understand it.  yes he is a huge person with some of the freakiest individual bodyparts of all time but that's not how a show let alone the biggest show of the year is supposed to be judged.  It's about symmetry, proportion, muscularity, posing and overall condition...doesn't a guy like Rockel or yes, Freeman better fit that description than what ronnie currently brings to the table?
nasser=piece of shit

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2007, 10:39:22 AM »

The word 'with' would have given this sentence an entirely different meaning. HTH.

Do you think I'm Special Ed, Bob?

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
Re: IFBB HEAD JUDGE Visits PBW (plus: Jamie Eason) Monday!
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2007, 10:39:45 AM »
why was there no pbw last week

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2007, 10:40:46 AM »
Would you ever give the O to a man with a major injury (such as a torn lat?)

What was the deciding factor in Vic beating Dex this year at the Arnold?

Do you feel the 'gut mandate' has been properly enforced in the last year?

all great questions I would love to here answered

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2007, 10:43:14 AM »
Yes a Mr. Olympia with a major injury got the nod.  Check out Dorian Yate's torn bicep.  He shouldn't have won at least 2 of those Olympias.  As for Victor's win.  He outdid Dexter.  Dexter has gotten lazy and hasn't improved in years.  Victor is getting better and better and is not too far from his first Olympia win.

If it wasn't for Toney's torn pec, he should be the Olympia if he comes in bone dry and pumped.  His Physique is second to none.  He might do what Ronnie did 9 years ago and make the biggest one year improvement in a while.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2007, 10:43:16 AM »
Yep:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=profile;u=572

::)

Why don't you give him a call  (585)663-7220  let him know what you would like addressed on the show. 

Maybe you could do his website too?  www.jimrockell.com

I am surprised at who is doing it now.
   8)

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2007, 10:45:29 AM »
Yes a Mr. Olympia with a major injury got the nod.  Check out Dorian Yate's torn bicep.  He shouldn't have won at least 2 of those Olympias.  As for Victor's win.  He outdid Dexter.  Dexter has gotten lazy and hasn't improved in years.  Victor is getting better and better and it not too far from the Olympia.

If it wasn't for Toney's torn pec, he should be the Olympia if he comes in bone dry and pumped.  His Physique is second to none.  He might do what Ronnie did 9 years ago and make the biggest one year improvement in a while.

I doubt anyone would seriously comment on the yates things that's almost 10 years ago and is for all intents and purposes a dead issue. 

how ronnie will be judged this year is something I'd like to hear them talk about.  I know it seems like I'm singling him out but he's the most glaring person I can think of who fits the bill as to what I'm talking about.
nasser=piece of shit

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2007, 04:11:34 PM »
the industry's new "it" girl, Jamie Eason.

Who was the old "it" girl?

Who decides when the current "it" girl is no longer "it"?

How is a new one chosen?

And when are you guys gonna interview Jim Manion?  Does he still have the flu??
Ron: "I am lazy."

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2007, 04:16:31 PM »

serpentine007

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Ssssssslithering through Getbig, finding it's Prey
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2007, 04:25:14 PM »
WTF is that chick on for? What has she accomplished, which IFBB Pro shows has she won and how high did she place in the ASC or O? ZIP! She's pretty but in regards to the sport she hasn't accomplished zip, and I know that several IFBB Fitness and figure women feel they deserve publicity being accomplished and having placed on top. Pretty models are cool for Penthouse but they should be kept out of the fitness magazines and out of the sport where the REAL athletes are. I buy Playboy when I wanna see hot chicks, but when it comes to the sport I wanna see & hear IFBB pro athletes! (and yes I said athletes.)

Ask Jim Rockell who HE choose to be Mr o last year, Jay or Ronnie.

Ask him when they are finally going to follow their own rules as to no pregnant men to be rewarded and no she-males to be rewarded in the womens division either, unless the wanna make a she-male division especially for them.  

Also, why are the dudes with huge distended stomachs who r not keeping them in control and grossing out the crowd not being DISQUALIFIED?

Thanks.

!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2007, 05:32:18 PM »
WTF is that chick on for? What has she accomplished, which IFBB Pro shows has she won and how high did she place in the ASC or O? ZIP! She's pretty but in regards to the sport she hasn't accomplished zip, and I know that several IFBB Fitness and figure women feel they deserve publicity being accomplished and having placed on top. Pretty models are cool for Penthouse but they should be kept out of the fitness magazines and out of the sport where the REAL athletes are. I buy Playboy when I wanna see hot chicks, but when it comes to the sport I wanna see & hear IFBB pro athletes! (and yes I said athletes.)

You know, if these guys were doing a TV show or streaming video or something I could see the point of having some "eye candy", but...   IT'S FRICKIN' RADIO, FOR CHRISSAKES!  WHAT'S SHE GONNA DO, DAZZLE US WITH HER SUPERIOR WIT?   ::)

thisiskeith12

« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2007, 05:47:08 PM »
She may not have won the O, but she's hot as hell and a hot topic amongst bodybuilding fans.

You guys sound like a bunch of babies.

west coast willie

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2007, 07:13:53 PM »

You know, if these guys were doing a TV show or streaming video or something I could see the point of having some "eye candy", but...   IT'S FRICKIN' RADIO, FOR CHRISSAKES!  WHAT'S SHE GONNA DO, DAZZLE US WITH HER SUPERIOR WIT?   ::)

Isnt Jamie Eason with Bodybuilding.com? That might explain why their giving her some air time.  She's too skinny for my taste. Please ask Mr. Head Judge what Ronnie has to do to win this year after theyy screwed him last year.

AVBG

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2007, 07:31:16 PM »
Jamie, I know you are on getbig, and I wan't the world to know that I love Jamie Eason.  :-*

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2007, 08:04:54 PM »
Jamie, I know you are on getbig, and I wan't the world to know that I love Jamie Eason.  :-*

Feel free to PM her...  she posts under the handle "BuffGoddess"

thisiskeith12

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2007, 08:11:44 PM »

Her voice is hot too!