Author Topic: Is Liberalism a Mental Disorder?  (Read 153181 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Is Liberalism a Mental Disorder?
« Reply #800 on: January 11, 2023, 07:44:12 AM »
Keith Olbermann blows up at mainstream media for covering Biden documents: 'Hillary Clinton’s emails again?
Fox News ^ | 01/10/2023 | Jeffrey Clark | Fox News
Posted on 1/11/2023, 10:39:16 AM

Former MSNBC host and leftist anti-Trump critic Keith Olbermann rushed to defend President Joe Biden on Twitter after Biden became embroiled in a classified documents scandal.

"We’re really going to do this again? We’re really going to do Hillary Clinton’s emails again? We’re really going to do whataboutism and both sides-ism again?" Olbermann asked in a video he posted on the social media platform.

Olbermann targeted CNN, CBS News, NBC News, The Washington Post and The New York Times for reporting on a newly revealed investigation into Biden's alleged mishandling of classified documents.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #801 on: January 12, 2023, 01:11:12 PM »
Joy Behar suggests Republicans planted documents on Biden to help Trump: 'Somehow these documents appear'
Fox News ^ | 01/12/2023 | Hanna Panreck | Fox News
Posted on 1/12/2023, 3:49:44 PM by ChicagoConservative27

"The View" co-host Joy Behar said Thursday that she didn't know a luckier person than former President Donald Trump and said President Biden's classified documents appeared just as "we were this close" to getting Trump.

"I've never seen a luckier person than Donald Trump," Behar declared. "Just as we're this close to getting him, somehow these documents appear," appearing to suggest they were planted.

Co-host Alyssa Farah Griffin argued that Biden was "building" Trump's defense for him and added that he was "wrong to have done this."

"He is wrong," co-host Sunny Hostin agreed.

Co-host Whoopi Goldberg emphasized waiting to find out "what this is" first.

"Let’s find out what this is first. Again, one of the things that gets me crazy is before we know, it’s already been spun a specific way," she said. "I don’t want to see that. I want to see someone explain to me, how it’s possible that after all this time, nobody knew. Because to me, if you are missing classified information — I don’t mean to laugh, but in my house, if stuff is missing, I know it’s missing."

These people are insane

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #802 on: January 12, 2023, 01:16:28 PM »
Hank Johnson: Someone Might Have Planted Biden Documents to Get Him
Breitbart ^ | 01-12-2023 | Joel B Pollack
Posted on 1/12/2023, 3:33:38 PM

Rep. Hank Johnson (D-GA) suggested Thursday that someone might have planted caches of classified documents at President Joe Biden’s private residence and former academic office in an effort to frame him.

Fox News’ Hillary Vaughn (via Chad Pergram) reported:

From colleague Hillary Vaughn. Dem GA Rep Johnson on Biden classified documents: I'm suspicious of the timing of it..things can be planted on people, places and things can be planted or things things can be planted in places and then discovered conveniently.

— Chad Pergram (@ChadPergram) January 12, 2023

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

Says the man thinking Guam is tipping over. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #803 on: January 12, 2023, 03:52:56 PM »
Keith Olbermann blows up at mainstream media for covering Biden documents: 'Hillary Clinton’s emails again?
Fox News ^ | 01/10/2023 | Jeffrey Clark | Fox News
Posted on 1/11/2023, 10:39:16 AM

Former MSNBC host and leftist anti-Trump critic Keith Olbermann rushed to defend President Joe Biden on Twitter after Biden became embroiled in a classified documents scandal.

"We’re really going to do this again? We’re really going to do Hillary Clinton’s emails again? We’re really going to do whataboutism and both sides-ism again?" Olbermann asked in a video he posted on the social media platform.

Olbermann targeted CNN, CBS News, NBC News, The Washington Post and The New York Times for reporting on a newly revealed investigation into Biden's alleged mishandling of classified documents.

That the recent classified documents were planted seems unlikely to me. However, anything is possible. Some folks suggested the FBI planted the trove of classified documents found at Mar-a-Lago. This also seems unlikely. More likely is that the security surrounding classified documents has been lax for some time. As a result, the handling of classified documents has grown very sloppy. This is something that must be remedied ASAP. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #804 on: January 12, 2023, 04:04:32 PM »

Rep. Hank Johnson (D-GA) suggested Thursday that someone might have planted caches of classified documents at President Joe Biden’s private residence and former academic office in an effort to frame him.

From colleague Hillary Vaughn. Dem GA Rep Johnson on Biden classified documents: I'm suspicious of the timing of it..things can be planted on people, places and things can be planted or things things can be planted in places and then discovered conveniently.

That they were planted is unlikely. For one thing if they were planted and if Biden was sure neither he nor his assistants left them in those locations, he would have denied any knowledge of this. That he did not, suggests that he knows it is possible that they were there because of some action he, someone he knows or those working for him took.

It would be interesting to know what classified information the documents contain, in both the Biden and Trump cases. However, since it is classified, there is a good likelihood this will never be released to the public.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #805 on: January 12, 2023, 04:45:42 PM »

Let’s take into consideration this is the same dipshit that said Guam would “tip over”

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #806 on: January 12, 2023, 07:10:38 PM »
Let’s take into consideration this is the same dipshit that said Guam would “tip over”
lol they say some crazy shit.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #807 on: January 16, 2023, 11:13:00 AM »
The instructor later complained that she felt “intimidated and traumatized” by the hat, and several teachers were upset by it, with one crying and another claiming it felt “threatening.”

How a teacher’s MAGA hat led to a viral court case
By Brad Polumbo January 12, 2023
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/equality-not-elitism/how-a-teachers-maga-hat-led-to-a-viral-court-case

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #808 on: January 16, 2023, 11:42:30 AM »
San Fran's reparations committee proposes $5 million to each Black longtime resident, total debt forgiveness
Fox News ^ | 1/16/23 | Jessica Chasmar
Posted on 1/16/2023, 1:28:55

San Francisco’s reparations committee has proposed paying each Black longtime resident $5 million and granting total debt forgiveness due to the decades of "systematic repression" faced by the local Black community.

The San Francisco African American Reparations Advisory Committee, which advises the city on developing a plan for reparations for Black residents, released its draft report last month to address reparations – not for slavery, since California was not technically a slave state, but "to address the public policies explicitly created to subjugate Black people in San Francisco by upholding and expanding the intent and legacy of chattel slavery."

"While neither San Francisco, nor California, formally adopted the institution of chattel slavery, the tenets of segregation, white supremacy and systematic repression and exclusion of Black people were codified through legal and extralegal actions, social codes, and judicial enforcement," the draft states.

The draft plan includes a long list of financial recommendations for Black San Francisco residents, including a one-time, lump sum payment of $5 million to each eligible individual.

(Excerpt) Read more at msn.com ...

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #809 on: January 26, 2023, 04:15:01 PM »
https://dailycaller.com/2023/01/24/madison-metropolitan-school-district-gender-identity-lesson/

Wisconsin School District Puts Students Through A Weeklong Gender Identity Lesson Created By LGBT Activists

A Wisconsin school district is putting elementary school students through a weeklong gender identity and sexual orientation lesson created by LGBT activists, according to an email obtained by the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Madison Metropolitan School District (MMSD) is spending a week to teach students the difference between gender identity, sex assigned at birth and sexual orientation as a part of their “Health and Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Lessons,” according to an email obtained by the DCNF. The school district’s focus is “Welcoming Schools,” an LGBTQ training and school program created by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation (HRCF). (RELATED: ‘Dark Day For Wisconsin Students’: Wisconsin School Board Passes Curriculum That Calls Girls A ‘Person With A Vulva’)

“The goal is for students to understand the difference between gender, sexual orientation and sex assigned at birth,” the email stated. “Students are NOT being asked to share their specific identities for each of these components, rather just acknowledging that they exist and are different and how to show respect for all identities.”

---
Sex, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation can all be seen as a “continuum” or a spectrum, according to the video. Kindergarten through third grade students learn sexual orientation by discussing “who they love” and that “anyone can love anyone” while fourth and fifth graders define gay, lesbian, bisexual, pansexual and asexual, the video stated.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #810 on: January 26, 2023, 09:05:10 PM »
 i dont know, with right wings defending Ted Nugent shitt@ng his pants to avoid a draft, I have to wonder who has lost their minds

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #811 on: January 26, 2023, 11:01:55 PM »
i dont know, with right wings defending Ted Nugent shitt@ng his pants to avoid a draft, I have to wonder who has lost their minds

You tell me..

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #812 on: January 27, 2023, 12:36:37 AM »
You tell me..

Gun to head, you. You still think at this point Trump won the election..

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #813 on: January 27, 2023, 12:48:44 AM »
Gun to head, you. You still think at this point Trump won the election..

Yep, I do. More proof he did than he didn’t.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #814 on: January 27, 2023, 10:46:28 PM »
Now Aretha Franklin's song Natural Woman is deemed OFFENSIVE to trans women: Outrage as 'activists' demand song is removed from Spotify and Apple Music
The song by The Queen of Soul is being called 'offensive' by 'LGBTQ activists'
Leading the charge to have the song nixed is the Norway-based Trans Cultural Mindfulness Alliance (TCMA), a group started this year
READ MORE: Group now claims to be a parody and says tweets were 'satire'
By ALEX HAMMER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
25 January 2023
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11666981/Now-Aretha-Franklins-song-Natural-Woman-deemed-OFFENSIVE-trans-women.html

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #815 on: January 27, 2023, 11:20:51 PM »

You need help and I hope you get it.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #816 on: January 27, 2023, 11:44:47 PM »
You tell me..

There are radical people no matter what side of any issue you look at. This is equal to the 'pizzagate' fiasco. Maybe when folks come back down to earth a semblance of sanity will resume.

Crazy me, I thought you attending the RNC meeting would help center you. It doesn't seem like that happened. Sad, very very sad! 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #817 on: January 27, 2023, 11:49:06 PM »

Again, it seems as if you are not aligned with the general thinking of much of the Republican Party but remain cemented to demented Trump. He is losing ground fast among Republicans. Don't get left out in the cold.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #818 on: February 03, 2023, 12:34:43 PM »
Biden's new adviser is a climate alarmist who claimed to have suffered an 'acute mental health crisis' as a result of Trump's 2016 victory
JOSEPH MACKINNON
February 02, 2023
https://www.theblaze.com/news/biden-taps-climate-alarmist-kim-cobb-for-intelligence-advisory-board

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #819 on: February 03, 2023, 12:38:42 PM »
These people are crazy.

And Then They Came For “The”: Associated Press Warns Use of the Article Can Be “Dehumanizing”
January 27, 2023

The Associated Press has announced that the article “the” should be avoided in many circumstances because it is “dehumanizing.” It warns writers to avoid saying offensive things like “the French”. It does not seem that we can even just add an x like Latinx. It is not a gender thing so “thx” will not suffice. It is now an article of faith to stop using the article “the” in referencing groups.  It is reminiscent of Winston Churchill who was chastised for ending a sentence with a preposition. He responded by showing the artificiality of avoiding an ending preposition: “This is the type of arrant pedantry up with which I will not put.”

The AP declared that:

“We recommend avoiding general and often dehumanizing ‘the’ labels such as the poor, the mentally ill, the French, the disabled, the college-educated. Instead, use wording such as people with mental illnesses. And use these descriptions only when clearly relevant.”

Even the French Embassy responded with “Le” scorn.

By the way, if you are thinking of objecting to “the grammar police,” think again. It will just establish that you are a dehumanizing monster.

What concerns me most is that this dehumanizing article has lingered in the English language for so long without being noticed until now. Even The editors of The Associated Press are shadowed with this vile, dehumanizing word. It is literally lurking on every computer and in every  dictionary.

The only option is decisive action. AP must take its ox cart through the streets and call on people to bring out their “thes” for proper disposal. As for any French people encountered along the way, simply refer to them as “people associated with the nation of France.”

https://jonathanturley.org/2023/01/27/and-then-they-came-for-the-associated-press-warns-use-of-the-article-can-be-dehumanizing/

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #820 on: February 03, 2023, 09:51:06 PM »
There are radical people no matter what side of any issue you look at. This is equal to the 'pizzagate' fiasco. Maybe when folks come back down to earth a semblance of sanity will resume.

Crazy me, I thought you attending the RNC meeting would help center you. It doesn't seem like that happened. Sad, very very sad!

Even the Republican party knows he lost.  People like Coach are what Putin dreams about... sadly,. What makes me the wonder is the legitimate republicans that KNOW TRUMP lost, on this board, that won't call Coach out. This is exactly what is wrong with this country. Not a single person.....from the Right wing side will say to Coach " hey.. dude. It's sad, but they won. I was skeptical too but the courts, republican officials, supreme court has found the conspiracy theories to be valid so Biden won. They are all p+@&%ies. They let folks like Coach slide by because they shaire their beliefs. It's sickening.   No Offense intended of course.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #821 on: February 14, 2023, 12:39:36 PM »
Research Confirms the Stereotype: Liberals Confuse Emotion With Rationality
New American ^ | Feb 9, 2023 | Selwyn Duke
Posted on 2/14/2023, 3:34:13 PM by robowombat

Research Confirms the Stereotype: Liberals Confuse Emotion With Rationality by Selwyn Duke February 9, 2023

Liberals are not only more likely than conservatives to suppose that “emotion is a feature of rationality,” a series of three studies has shown, but also apparently believe it should be. In fact, they consider emotions more “functional” (utilitarian, essentially) than conservatives do despite reporting less emotional well-being.

The research was published in the journal Motivation and Emotion. Defining “functional” as “beneficial for individuals for adapting to the environment or attaining their goals,” the authors write in their abstract (summary):

Relying on feelings to guide thoughts and plans may be functional from the perspective of the individual but threaten the cohesion of social groups. Thus, liberals, who prioritize caring and fairness for individuals, may view emotion as more functional than do conservatives, who prioritize preserving social groups, hierarchies, and institutions. To test this, participants in three studies (total N = 1,355) rated political partisanship, beliefs about the functionality of emotion, and well-being.… Across all studies, the more liberal participants were, the more they viewed emotion as functional, despite reporting less emotional well-being…. These results suggest that emotion is viewed as more functional by those who prioritize the needs of individuals, but as less functional by those who prioritize the cohesion of social groups.

Note that these characterizations of liberals and conservatives are suspect. Consider that liberals don’t in a blanket sense actually prioritize “the needs of individuals” (while confusing needs with wants); they don’t, for example, care much about the “needs” of those opposing their politically correct agenda. Rather, leftists today try to “cancel” them for the very purpose of achieving “the cohesion of [woke] social groups.” But I digress.

Pointing out that “societies,” including the United States, are increasingly polarized politically, the research paper authors theorize that this may be partially because liberals and conservatives conceptualize emotion’s role differently. Illustrating this divide, they mention conservative memes such as “Facts don’t care about your feelings.” (This sentiment, mind you, was recently expressed in different words even by liberal comedian/commentator Bill Maher. “You can’t change reality by screaming at it,” he recently said, criticizing “woke” priorities.)

As to these differences, compared “to conservatives, liberals are guided more by their current emotions when evaluating political policies … value empathy more … and are more emotionally expressive,” write the authors. “Conservatives place greater value on self-control.” Hence the difference between Black Lives Matter protests and the Tea Party demonstrations of some years back.

The authors conclude that their “findings suggest though that liberals view emotion as a feature of rationality while conservatives view it as a bug. Across three studies, liberals viewed emotion as more functional than conservatives — that is, as a healthy source of information about the self that provides direction in life rather than as a weakness and a waste of time.”

So what is the proper conceptualization of emotion? As I wrote in late December:

It’s as if the intellect is the engine and emotion the fuel. An engine alone is an impressive mechanism with great potential, but without fuel has nothing to animate it, rendering it impotent; fuel alone is powerful and explosive, but without an engine has nothing to channel its power, so it can only be destructive. It’s only when you have both together, each performing its proper role, that the desired effect is achieved.

Literally put, the emotions’ role is to provide the impetus to act (the passion) once the intellect has determined what that action should be.

This relates to something the research paper authors stated. Asserting that our civilization has traditionally valued stoicism and discouraged emotionalism, they relate that recent “academic approaches, while acknowledging that emotions are not always helpful, portray emotion as an essential suite of processes that evolved to guide people’s thoughts and plans in a manner that helps them achieve their goals.”

Providing an example, the authors write that “anger directs people’s attention to, and motivates them to overcome, obstacles to their goals.” Precisely. In this case, anger is the fuel that “motivates” (moves) them to act on what, if the goal is valid, is a rational aim that would pass intellectual muster. In certain instances, this may even be what we call “righteous anger.”

The authors provide as another example that “[f]ear motivates people to avoid danger.” True, but it can also inhibit people from taking risks necessary to advance the common good or, even, from pursuing beneficial endeavors that don’t in reality pose danger; the latter case is known as irrational fear.

We can only know the difference, too, between rational and irrational fears by applying rationality — that which accords with reason — which is done via the intellect.

Apropos to this, animals have emotion; they often exhibit anger, for instance. It may be all they have, and they need it to survive. A mouse will not (apologies to Mickey, Minnie, and Mighty) see a cat and think, “This is Felis catus; he has claws and fangs, is far larger than I, requires sustenance to survive, and is a carnivore. And since I, Mus musculus, would provide ideal nutrition for him, I’d be prudent to flee this area posthaste lest he rend me limb from limb.” Animals lack reason; only fear makes the mouse run. (It also would make him flee from from a human who’d actually help him, as a friend’s hamster once did upon getting loose.)

Then also consider that children are more emotional than adults, exhibiting extremes ranging from tantrums to exultant joy, and become better regulated as they move toward and through the age of reason. The point?

Our time’s exaltation of emotion and frequent subordination of reason to it — e.g., the recent story about how the Washington state Department of Health’s climate curriculum counsels teachers to emphasize “emotions” over “rational thinking” — constitute movement toward a childish or even animalistic state.

And that today’s liberals epitomize this explains why some have likened them to over-sized children, who’ve grown up but not wise, with an age of reason ever lying somewhere beyond the normal lifespan.

Category Culture

Selwyn Duke Selwyn Duke (@SelwynDuke) has written for The New American for more than a decade. He has also written for The Hill, Observer, The American Conservative, WorldNetDaily, American Thinker, and many other print and online publications. In addition, he has contributed to college textbooks published by Gale-Cengage Learning, has appeared on television, and is a frequent guest on radio.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #822 on: February 14, 2023, 02:59:45 PM »
Even the Republican party knows he lost.  People like Coach are what Putin dreams about... sadly,. What makes me the wonder is the legitimate republicans that KNOW TRUMP lost, on this board, that won't call Coach out. This is exactly what is wrong with this country. Not a single person.....from the Right wing side will say to Coach " hey.. dude. It's sad, but they won. I was skeptical too but the courts, republican officials, supreme court has found the conspiracy theories to be valid so Biden won. They are all p+@&%ies. They let folks like Coach slide by because they shaire their beliefs. It's sickening.   No Offense intended of course.

I don't see or hear a single Liberal leftist say hey - Joe's a creepy pedo hair sniffing weirdo & has lost his marbles
Stumbling / stammering / forgetting what he's saying half way through & his son is a complete scumbag
& should be publicity flogged for his pedo activities- Nope not one of you lot your all P+@&%ies  & don't say a word about the utter Nutters in the democratic party.

Carry on believing & worshiping all things Liberal Leftist. You lot a Fucking sickening.
No offence, 🤣😂👍🏻

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #823 on: February 14, 2023, 03:02:05 PM »
New American ^ | Feb 9, 2023 | Selwyn Duke
Posted on 2/14/2023, 3:34:13 PM by robowombat

Research Confirms the Stereotype: Liberals Confuse Emotion With Rationality by Selwyn Duke February 9, 2023

Liberals are not only more likely than conservatives to suppose that “emotion is a feature of rationality,” a series of three studies has shown, but also apparently believe it should be. In fact, they consider emotions more “functional” (utilitarian, essentially) than conservatives do despite reporting less emotional well-being.

The research was published in the journal Motivation and Emotion. Defining “functional” as “beneficial for individuals for adapting to the environment or attaining their goals,” the authors write in their abstract (summary):

Relying on feelings to guide thoughts and plans may be functional from the perspective of the individual but threaten the cohesion of social groups. Thus, liberals, who prioritize caring and fairness for individuals, may view emotion as more functional than do conservatives, who prioritize preserving social groups, hierarchies, and institutions. To test this, participants in three studies (total N = 1,355) rated political partisanship, beliefs about the functionality of emotion, and well-being.… Across all studies, the more liberal participants were, the more they viewed emotion as functional, despite reporting less emotional well-being…. These results suggest that emotion is viewed as more functional by those who prioritize the needs of individuals, but as less functional by those who prioritize the cohesion of social groups.

Note that these characterizations of liberals and conservatives are suspect. Consider that liberals don’t in a blanket sense actually prioritize “the needs of individuals” (while confusing needs with wants); they don’t, for example, care much about the “needs” of those opposing their politically correct agenda. Rather, leftists today try to “cancel” them for the very purpose of achieving “the cohesion of [woke] social groups.” But I digress.

Pointing out that “societies,” including the United States, are increasingly polarized politically, the research paper authors theorize that this may be partially because liberals and conservatives conceptualize emotion’s role differently. Illustrating this divide, they mention conservative memes such as “Facts don’t care about your feelings.” (This sentiment, mind you, was recently expressed in different words even by liberal comedian/commentator Bill Maher. “You can’t change reality by screaming at it,” he recently said, criticizing “woke” priorities.)

As to these differences, compared “to conservatives, liberals are guided more by their current emotions when evaluating political policies … value empathy more … and are more emotionally expressive,” write the authors. “Conservatives place greater value on self-control.” Hence the difference between Black Lives Matter protests and the Tea Party demonstrations of some years back.

The authors conclude that their “findings suggest though that liberals view emotion as a feature of rationality while conservatives view it as a bug. Across three studies, liberals viewed emotion as more functional than conservatives — that is, as a healthy source of information about the self that provides direction in life rather than as a weakness and a waste of time.”

So what is the proper conceptualization of emotion? As I wrote in late December:

It’s as if the intellect is the engine and emotion the fuel. An engine alone is an impressive mechanism with great potential, but without fuel has nothing to animate it, rendering it impotent; fuel alone is powerful and explosive, but without an engine has nothing to channel its power, so it can only be destructive. It’s only when you have both together, each performing its proper role, that the desired effect is achieved.

Literally put, the emotions’ role is to provide the impetus to act (the passion) once the intellect has determined what that action should be.

This relates to something the research paper authors stated. Asserting that our civilization has traditionally valued stoicism and discouraged emotionalism, they relate that recent “academic approaches, while acknowledging that emotions are not always helpful, portray emotion as an essential suite of processes that evolved to guide people’s thoughts and plans in a manner that helps them achieve their goals.”

Providing an example, the authors write that “anger directs people’s attention to, and motivates them to overcome, obstacles to their goals.” Precisely. In this case, anger is the fuel that “motivates” (moves) them to act on what, if the goal is valid, is a rational aim that would pass intellectual muster. In certain instances, this may even be what we call “righteous anger.”

The authors provide as another example that “[f]ear motivates people to avoid danger.” True, but it can also inhibit people from taking risks necessary to advance the common good or, even, from pursuing beneficial endeavors that don’t in reality pose danger; the latter case is known as irrational fear.

We can only know the difference, too, between rational and irrational fears by applying rationality — that which accords with reason — which is done via the intellect.

Apropos to this, animals have emotion; they often exhibit anger, for instance. It may be all they have, and they need it to survive. A mouse will not (apologies to Mickey, Minnie, and Mighty) see a cat and think, “This is Felis catus; he has claws and fangs, is far larger than I, requires sustenance to survive, and is a carnivore. And since I, Mus musculus, would provide ideal nutrition for him, I’d be prudent to flee this area posthaste lest he rend me limb from limb.” Animals lack reason; only fear makes the mouse run. (It also would make him flee from from a human who’d actually help him, as a friend’s hamster once did upon getting loose.)

Then also consider that children are more emotional than adults, exhibiting extremes ranging from tantrums to exultant joy, and become better regulated as they move toward and through the age of reason. The point?

Our time’s exaltation of emotion and frequent subordination of reason to it — e.g., the recent story about how the Washington state Department of Health’s climate curriculum counsels teachers to emphasize “emotions” over “rational thinking” — constitute movement toward a childish or even animalistic state.

And that today’s liberals epitomize this explains why some have likened them to over-sized children, who’ve grown up but not wise, with an age of reason ever lying somewhere beyond the normal lifespan.

Category Culture

Selwyn Duke Selwyn Duke (@SelwynDuke) has written for The New American for more than a decade. He has also written for The Hill, Observer, The American Conservative, WorldNetDaily, American Thinker, and many other print and online publications. In addition, he has contributed to college textbooks published by Gale-Cengage Learning, has appeared on television, and is a frequent guest on radio.

Yep majority of them are completely skewerd in their thinking & beliefs
Its some kind of MK ultra mind warping derangement they're suffering.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #824 on: February 14, 2023, 03:06:05 PM »

😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

FFS he's completely gone - oh & blame Donald  ::)
Get rid of him he's a laughingstock-:he should be in a nursery with others the same mental age as him.