Author Topic: IroNat  (Read 292491 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
Re: IroNat
« Reply #1100 on: November 04, 2021, 07:05:44 AM »
11/4/21

Power clean & press - 7x2 pyramiding weight each set (clean every rep)
Standing Db press - 3x5
Barbell curls - 3x10-12
Deadlifts - 3x3
1 leg calf raises - 3x max reps
Reverse calf raises - 3x max reps
Neck harness - 1 set max reps
Ball hypers - 1 set max reps
Ab wheel

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1101 on: November 06, 2021, 11:18:13 AM »
11/6/21

Squats - 3,2,1 x 2
Leg extensions - 3x25-30
Leg curls - 3x12-20
Seated calf - 3xmax reps
Reverse calf - 3xmax reps
Neck plate front raises - 1xmax reps
Ab wheel
later...
Incline barbell press - 3,2,1 x 5
Rear db raises - 3x10-12

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1102 on: November 08, 2021, 09:51:42 AM »
11/8/21

Power clean & press - 3,2,1 x 4 wave loading (clean every rep)
1 leg calf raises - 1x max reps

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1103 on: November 09, 2021, 07:09:54 AM »
11/9/21

Deadlift - 3,2,1 x 5 (wave loading)
Seated calf - 1 set max reps
Ab wheel

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #1104 on: November 10, 2021, 07:21:14 AM »
I am to start exercise again. Today in fact!  I am not without hope because of people like my family and friends like you and OT with your excellent training threads and on top of that your superb commentary elsewhere on these forums!  I am down 30 lbs too.   ;D ;D

And my brothers have all been giving  me a hard time but I have come to the realization that I am too old to be as big as I was decades ago, LOL!

Well, at least my ego is still huge.  ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1105 on: November 10, 2021, 11:00:49 AM »
I am to start exercise again. Today in fact!  I am not without hope because of people like my family and friends like you and OT with your excellent training threads and on top of that your superb commentary elsewhere on these forums!  I am down 30 lbs too.   ;D ;D

And my brothers have all been giving  me a hard time but I have come to the realization that I am too old to be as big as I was decades ago, LOL!

That's good, Scott.

Start easy.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1106 on: November 10, 2021, 12:00:47 PM »

As long as your ego stays intact you should be in good shape. It is wise of you to rethink how much work you want your heart to do. Extra pounds whether muscle or fat can be hard on one's heart....the one in their chest....not the one in their head.  ;)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1107 on: November 10, 2021, 04:05:21 PM »

Down 30lbs is outstanding.  As I have said before, do what you can while realizing your limitations. In other words do what you can do. You can't compare what you did prior to the injury. Your new reality gives you new goals to reach in the parameters of your limitations.

My wife had her spinal cord surgery and after recuperating worked up to walking four blocks.  I tried to walk with her too keep her company and she would tell me on several occasions to slow down. I thought I was walking slow but it was too fast for her.  I let her lead from then on and walked a step back. She was exhausted after her walk but to her credit she was working hard. I think some people with limitations in reality are working out just as hard as person running or lifting with inhuman performance standards like a 5 minute mile.  My wife was walking very slowly but she was working as hard as she could. I'm happy for her even though it's a slow recovery. I did everything for her for long time. Combing her hair because she couldn't move her arms to do that task.  Carrying everything for her. The list goes on in such mundane things like washing her hair. Now she is recovering after surgery at a slow pace but it's a forward path.  I just reminded her a couple of days ago how when she was young she could do a standing back flip day in and day out.  I have never been able to do that, lol.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1108 on: November 10, 2021, 05:13:17 PM »
Down 30lbs is outstanding.  As I have said before, do what you can while realizing your limitations. In other words do what you can do. You can't compare what you did prior to the injury. Your new reality gives you new goals to reach in the parameters of your limitations.

My wife have her spinal cord surgery and after recuperating worked up to walking four blocks.  I tried to walk with her too keep her company and she would tell me on several occasions to slow down. I thought I was walking slow but it was too fast for her.  I let her lead from then on and walked a step back. She was exhausted after her walk but to her credit she was working hard. I think some people with limitations in reality are working out just as hard as person running or lifting with inhuman performance standards like a 5 minute mile.  My wife was walking very slowly but she was working as hard as she could. I'm happy for her even though it's a slow recovery. I did everything for her for long time. Combing her hair because she couldn't move her arms to do that task.  Carrying everything for her. The list goes on in such mundane things like washing her hair. Now she is recovering after surgery at a slow pace but it's a forward path.  I just reminded her a couple of days ago how when she was young she could do a standing back flip day in and day out.  I have never been able to do that, lol.

You are a good an caring partner to your wife. Maybe don't remind her of yesteryears' physical feats for awhile. Instead praise her for what she's accomplishing today.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1109 on: November 11, 2021, 08:07:57 AM »
11/11/21

Incline barbell press - 3,2,1 x 3 wave loading
1 leg calf raise - 1 set

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1110 on: November 11, 2021, 08:34:53 AM »

My wife had her spinal cord surgery and after recuperating worked up to walking four blocks.  I tried to walk with her too keep her company and she would tell me on several occasions to slow down. I thought I was walking slow but it was too fast for her.  I let her lead from then on and walked a step back. She was exhausted after her walk but to her credit she was working hard. I think some people with limitations in reality are working out just as hard as person running or lifting with inhuman performance standards like a 5 minute mile.  My wife was walking very slowly but she was working as hard as she could. I'm happy for her even though it's a slow recovery. I did everything for her for long time. Combing her hair because she couldn't move her arms to do that task.  Carrying everything for her. The list goes on in such mundane things like washing her hair. Now she is recovering after surgery at a slow pace but it's a forward path.  I just reminded her a couple of days ago how when she was young she could do a standing back flip day in and day out.  I have never been able to do that, lol.

Please give your wife my best!

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1111 on: November 11, 2021, 05:40:17 PM »
"Sigh"...Here goes. 

Today I did three sets of vertical machine bench press with (I hate what is happening to me, LOL!) 40 to 60 lbs. supersetted with pulldowns with 50 lbs.  All sets were for 10 to 20 reps. 

Next 40 lbs. pec-dec supersetted with 20 lbs. DB bentover rows 3 sets of 10 to 20 reps.   

One set of standing waist twists for 500 reps.   

As punishment for my effete abilities I am currently listening to the new ABBA channel on SiriusXM.  Actually, I like ABBA and it reminds me of when I was a bouncer at a disco in the 70s.  Somewhat good times not nearly as good as I recall but I am happy to be able to recall them all the same! 

I am frustrated but admitting my weakness will hopefully help me to continue to train in an effort to get better and better. Wes is another gentleman here whose training ethic I admire. 

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1112 on: November 12, 2021, 04:06:26 AM »
"Sigh"...Here goes. 

Today I did three sets of vertical machine bench press with (I hate what is happening to me, LOL!) 40 to 60 lbs. supersetted with pulldowns with 50 lbs.  All sets were for 10 to 20 reps. 

Next 40 lbs. pec-dec supersetted with 20 lbs. DB bentover rows 3 sets of 10 to 20 reps.   

As punishment for my effete abilities I am currently listening to the new ABBA channel on SiriusXM.  Actually, I like ABBA and it reminds me of when I was a bouncer at a disco in the 70s.  Somewhat good times not nearly as good as I recall but I am happy to be able to recall them all the same! 

I am frustrated but admitting my weakness will hopefully help me to continue to train in an effort to get better and better. Wes is another gentleman here whose training ethic I admire. 

Scott,

Take small steps and enjoy the journey.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1113 on: November 12, 2021, 07:16:40 AM »
11/12/21

Squats - 3,2,1 x 4 waves
Seated calf raise - 1 set max reps

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1114 on: November 13, 2021, 05:45:10 PM »
"Sigh"...Here goes. 

Whatever you can accomplish is better than doing nothing. And, without giving anything away, when Wes so recently got back into the game, it was a rough go. I am amazed at how quickly he progressed....I think he is too.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1115 on: November 15, 2021, 06:13:22 AM »
11/15/21

Power clean & press, squat, incline press, deadlift - all 4x1
1 leg calf - 1 set max reps
Ab wheel

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1116 on: November 16, 2021, 06:28:15 AM »
11/16/21

Dumbbell clean & press, squat, incline press, deadlift - all 4x1
Ab wheel

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1117 on: November 17, 2021, 08:14:12 AM »
11/17/21

2 dumbbell clean & press, squat, incline press, deadlift - all 4x1

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1118 on: November 18, 2021, 06:56:40 AM »
11/18/21

1 leg calf raise - 1 set max reps
Ab wheel
Pinch block - 5432111

Training inside now so no barbell overhead pressing due to ceiling height.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1119 on: November 19, 2021, 09:32:20 AM »
11/19/21

Five sets of vertical machine bench press with 20 to 50 pounds for sets of 10 to 50 reps.  Each set was super-setted with  a set of cable rows with the same weight and rep range.  Ten sets total. 

Those druggie guys do their "Road To Dialysis The wOak Classic, so maybe I should do a Road To Fookit?  LOL!

I am encouraged by this and OT's thread.  Thank you gentlemn.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1120 on: November 19, 2021, 10:30:28 AM »
11/19/21

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1121 on: November 19, 2021, 10:31:12 AM »
11/19/21

Five sets of vertical machine bench press with 20 to 50 pounds for sets of 10 to 50 reps.  Each set was super-setted with  a set of cable rows with the same weight and rep range.  Ten sets total. 

Those druggie guys do their "Road To Dialysis The wOak Classic, so maybe I should do a Road To Fookit?  LOL!

I am encouraged by this and OT's thread.  Thank you gentlemn.

Small steps, bro.

Enjoy the journey.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1122 on: November 20, 2021, 09:28:21 AM »
11/20/21

Airdyne - five 20 second intervals

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1123 on: November 21, 2021, 07:33:13 AM »
11/21/21

Ab wheel
Airdyne - 5 intervals

Same everyday for the main moves.  Adding weight every few workouts.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1124 on: November 22, 2021, 11:44:25 AM »
11/22/21

Ball hypers - 1 set max reps
Pinch block - 5432211