Author Topic: Anti-American  (Read 27471 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Anti-American
« Reply #175 on: July 25, 2024, 01:56:20 PM »
As much as I dislike the clown "squad", she is holding up a sign expressing her opinion, and probably the opinion of many of her voters, and making a political point. Whether her loyalty lies with the US is highly questionable.

On the other hand you have several "American" politicians who are all too obsequious and suspiciously beholden to the "closest ally" that despite receiving hundreds of billions and unconditional support over decades has repeatedly spied on the US (and then rewarded those spies like Pollard for example). Whether their loyalty lies solely with the US is also highly questionable. Even Fetterman who dresses like a bum put on a suit for Netanyahu. The US should abstain from supporting and funding either side, except perhaps for humanitarian aid. How can those "American" congresscreatures give billions to a foreign nation when US citizens (and veterans) suffer and the debt is at an all time high? (rhetorical question)

This is one of those can versus should issues.  Yes she has the right to peacefully protest.  Should she in that manner?  I say absolutely not.  It's disrespectful.  It isn't going to change anyone's mind.  It isn't any different than people (from both parties) yelling during the State of the Union Address, Pelosi ripping up Trump's speech, etc. 

I just expect more class and dignity from someone in that position.