Author Topic: Galeniko please grace us with your nutritional strategy  (Read 451529 times)

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
Re: Galeniko please grace us with your nutritional strategy
« Reply #1675 on: July 02, 2013, 10:10:42 AM »
No lie - you saw my last pic - ill post another up soon and you can see definite improvement and tightening up in midsection. 

The hjardest part is mental.  Just staying on this day in day out day in day out gets hard. 

The diet morphing you into a Norseman?

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #1676 on: July 02, 2013, 10:12:26 AM »
Question - is calorie count for consumption based on persons weight? 

For example - Im 196lbs right now.   Would the calorie count drop if I say get to 186?

no. it doesnt need to be that complicated. trust me if your eating 800-1000 cals a day, you'll find that you dont want to cut them further or will need to.

theres a law of diminishing returns we have discovered when it comes to cutting cals. going lower doesnt give an appreciable decrease in bf as opposed to the problems going that low can bring, including muscle atrophy. see you need at least 800cal a day to get your protein in. thats one key to this whole thing. cause your body needs it for tissue repair and growth. protein for repair growth/ bodyfat for fuel. but 800cal is the limit on the low end i'd recommend.

b

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #1677 on: July 02, 2013, 10:13:51 AM »
The diet morphing you into a Norseman?

I'm too short to get up on a horse remember?  ;D  ;D

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #1678 on: July 02, 2013, 10:15:20 AM »
you have always been an inspiration to me

great athlete and proof that age is no excuse for not being ripped

im an inspiration to myself.

try it. instead of spending all your all your waking time online trying to tear others down you might better yourself and someone else in the process.
b

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #1679 on: July 02, 2013, 10:20:36 AM »
BigMac showing some self esteem issues?

LOL! missed this one. awesome :D
b

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #1680 on: July 02, 2013, 10:20:51 AM »
im an inspiration to myself.

try it. instead of spending all your all your waking time online trying to tear others down you might better yourself and someone else in the process.

i will try

thanks for the inspirational words
T

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #1681 on: July 02, 2013, 10:27:41 AM »
i will try

thanks for the inspirational words
And for free too! ;D

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #1682 on: July 02, 2013, 10:29:36 AM »
I'm too short to get up on a horse remember?  ;D  ;D
Not the original icelandic horses, as they were considerably smaller than the current norm. In fact men could outrun them for short distances.

/nerd

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #1683 on: July 02, 2013, 10:33:08 AM »
And for free too! ;D

he pmd me an invoice for twenty bucks

money well spent

i feel like a new person  8)
T

snx

• Getbig IV
Re: Having a Hard Time Adding Up the Numbers Here
« Reply #1684 on: July 02, 2013, 10:40:29 AM »
Have read the thread and in many instances you guys talk about what you eat. However, I have not come across a clearly stated "This is what I would eat on an average day if I wanted to stay exactly where I am and maintain" sort of post. If it is there and I missed it, very possible...
I will look again, but if Gal could post again such an average day's food intake maybe it'd help to clear it all up; considering how little you guys eat, it'll be a few short lines of text anyways  ;)
But if you guys are busy and want to avoid duplication, no worries.

Thanks again to both of you

Hey man,

I'm doing the Gal/No One plan. Here's what I eat every day (except re-feed meals twice weekly on Thurs and Sun).

It's my "soup":

700g of chicken breast
2 cups of consomme stock
1 cup of water
1 onion
2 carrots
1 green pepper
500 ml of canned tomatoes
5 stalks of celery
about 1/2 cup of various spices (garlic, pepper, tumeric, fennel, coriander, basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt, etc...)
1/2 cup of corn (sometimes)
1/2 cup of peas
1/2 cup of green beans

Put the chicken and stock and spices in a slow cooker. After four hours, shred the chicken, then add everything else. Leave on low overnight. Put in fridge in the morning. Eat it all later that night before bed. It's like 2 liters of food and I feel stuffed. But not much more than 1000calories.

I start the chicken simmering when I get home from work. Then before bed, add the other veggies while I'm eating what I made the night before.

It's the healthiest food you can imagine - chicken, veggies, spices and lots of liquid. Great for hydration. Great for the skin and hair and muscles and even bowel movements (which is usually problematic for me when I cut calories very low)...it works. And best of all, you feel real full - I defy you to want to binge after eating 2-3 liters of soup. If you can make it thru the day without snacking, this soup will be a welcome reward at night. Soup is the master of appetite control foods. And you can make it a little different each time with different veggies to suit your tastes and mix it up (like putting in egglplant, or whatever...).

Try it. It works. Fits perfectly with the Gal/No one plan.

It's kind of how No One does it. Dependable food portions, easy to make, easy to eat, and no fuss. I make a grand total of five dishes every day: a slow cooker pot, a knife, a spoon, a big bowl, and a cutting board.

I used to be a bit more liberal with my food choices (as posted earlier on this thread), but I've been trying the soup-only thing based on what No One has been talkign about. He piqued my interest and I thought "hell, what have I got to lose". He was right. It's a bit harder than what I used to do, in terms of enjoying variety. But it's also a hell of a lot easier in terms of disciplining myself. I'm all about easy food...I find prepping food to be tiresome and tedious now as I get older. I just want to get in, eat, and get out. I'm not finding as much pleasure in preparing foods as I used to.

Whenever I get home from work early enough, I just have some of the soup at dinner with the family. The kids think I'm crazy, but I tell them it's daddy's superman soup, and my son then says "ok dad...it's good to have muscles and have laser eyes..."

ukjeff

« Reply #1685 on: July 02, 2013, 10:44:40 AM »
It's my "soup":

700g of chicken breast
2 cups of consomme stock
1 cup of water
1 onion
2 carrots
1 green pepper
500 ml of canned tomatoes
5 stalks of celery
about 1/2 cup of various spices (garlic, pepper, tumeric, fennel, coriander, basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt, etc...)
1/2 cup of corn (sometimes)
1/2 cup of peas
1/2 cup of green beans

Put the chicken and stock and spices in a slow cooker. After four hours, shred the chicken, then add everything else. Leave on low overnight. Put in fridge in the morning. Eat it all later that night before bed. It's like 2 liters of food and I feel stuffed. But not much more than 1000calories.

I start the chicken simmering when I get home from work. Then before bed, add the other veggies while I'm eating what I made the night before.

Seems a lot of fucking about to me.
Just cook your chicken on a George foreman grill in 5 minutes and take it to work.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1686 on: July 02, 2013, 10:46:02 AM »
he pmd me an invoice for twenty bucks

money well spent

i feel like a new person  8)

now comes the hard part - dieting. 

woolenbus

• Getbig II
« Reply #1687 on: July 02, 2013, 10:48:16 AM »
I've lost 35pounds on this diet the only difference is I get about 6000 Cal on the weekends from beer. No food though. How much strength should you lose. Because I'm losing alot

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1688 on: July 02, 2013, 10:51:43 AM »
Seems a lot of fucking about to me.
Just cook your chicken on a George foreman grill in 5 minutes and take it to work.

Tasteless.

Also, your plan isn't without it's share of fucking about too. I've done that enough to burn out my fair share of foreman grills.

Plus, then you still gotta pack veggies.

Try feeling full and satisfied eating dry chicken and microwaved veggies - been there, and no thanks. I'm not a fucking monk. I'm still a man who likes to eat something tasty until he's full.

You can keep your dry chicken and re-heated veggies. I'll take a modicum of fucking around to get some decent taste into the meals. But not so much that I go Martha Stewart crazy.

To each his own. Just sharing one man's journey.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1689 on: July 02, 2013, 10:54:21 AM »
I've lost 35pounds on this diet the only difference is I get about 6000 Cal on the weekends from beer. No food though. How much strength should you lose. Because I'm losing alot

Dude...that's a lot of brew on the weekends. And that's coming from me, which is saying something, if you knew me.

I have maybe a dozen to maybe 18 a week (split over Thurs/Sun). That counts as my refeed too. Doesn't seem to hurt me.

Sometimes it's scotch instead of beer.

Would rather have a drink than eat junk food.

ukjeff

« Reply #1690 on: July 02, 2013, 10:54:34 AM »
Tasteless.

Also, your plan isn't without it's share of fucking about too. I've done that enough to burn out my fair share of foreman grills.

Plus, then you still gotta pack veggies.

Try feeling full and satisfied eating dry chicken and microwaved veggies - been there, and no thanks. I'm not a fucking monk. I'm still a man who likes to eat something tasty until he's full.

You can keep your dry chicken and re-heated veggies. I'll take a modicum of fucking around to get some decent taste into the meals. But not so much that I go Martha Stewart crazy.

To each his own. Just sharing one man's journey.

Then you have missed the point of this thread, its about living like a fucking monk and suffering, Im sure they will both back me on that, its only "good times", when you get to 6% and below.

woolenbus

• Getbig II
« Reply #1691 on: July 02, 2013, 10:55:55 AM »
Yeah I know its alot. Usually 30 bud lights on Friday and 30 on sat

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #1692 on: July 02, 2013, 10:58:15 AM »
Yeah I know its alot. Usually 30 bud lights on Friday and 30 on sat

have you tried spirits with diet soda

you could lose a massive amount of calories right there
T

woolenbus

• Getbig II
« Reply #1693 on: July 02, 2013, 11:00:38 AM »
Yeah I actually just started to only drink diet coke and vodka. Its just gets old after half a fith.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1694 on: July 02, 2013, 11:01:49 AM »
Limeys on a reign of terror against certain skimps trying to cash in on doling out free information in this thread.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1695 on: July 02, 2013, 11:09:38 AM »
Then you have missed the point of this thread, its about living like a fucking monk and suffering, Im sure they will both back me on that, its only "good times", when you get to 6% and below.

I agree that one of the tenets is to "get used to sufffering", but I think there are ways to mitigate suffering while still achieving all objectives of the plan.

Spices can help mitigate suffering without adding calories.

Calorie-free liquids can help mitigate suffering without adding calories.

Extremism for it's own sake is pretty stupid and childish. Extremism with purpose is worthwhile.

Intelligence is understanding the objective, and modifying the strategy to take advantage of strengths/weaknesses to reach the objective.

My strengths:

1. I can starve all day long, as long as I know I get to eat a giant meal at night
2. I can train as hard on an empty stomach as I can with a full stomach
3. I'm a pretty good cook
4. I can eat the same thing day-in-and-day-out, as long as it tastes good
5. I don't crave carbs. Just fats and proteins.

My weaknesses:

1. I like my food to taste good (which is not the same as "more calories")
2. I like to feel full after my meal
3. I like to eat at night

The objective: take calories down to 1000 or less per day to leave no doubt that I will lose fat as quickly as possible.

My strategy:

Exploit my strengths and weaknesses (above) to get me there. Soup does the trick. In time, I'll find something else that does it just as well (I'm thinking giant salads...though I like cheese and nuts, and you just can't have enough cheese and nuts to feel good about it when you're eating 1000 cal/day. But I might get there anyways).

I'm also thinking giant stir-fry - lots of meat and veggies and worchester sauce and soy sauce and hot sauce and ginger and a bit of low-sugar O.J. and just a dab of corn starch to thicken it up.

Objectives and strategies. The secret to everything in life. Business, bodybuilding, relationships...it's where it all starts.

Have an objective, and set a strategy that allows you to harness your unique sustainable competitive advantage whilst mitigating your weaknesses.

You're a smart guy who likes to troll...but I'm sure you get it. You obviously do the same thing (objective/strategy) to look the way you do. You just set different objectives, and use your own strategies that work for you. I've no problem with that. To each his own.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #1696 on: July 02, 2013, 11:15:34 AM »

Exploit my strengths and weaknesses (above) to get me there. Soup does the trick. In time, I'll find something else that does it just as well (I'm thinking giant salads...though I like cheese and nuts, and you just can't have enough cheese and nuts to feel good about it when you're eating 1000 cal/day. But I might get there anyways).

Sounds very similar to me. And I can say from experience that giant salads work. Lots of possible variations.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1697 on: July 02, 2013, 11:17:57 AM »
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=482578.0

Wait a second - how can Bigmc start a thread like this asking for diet advice from others and then attack No One and Gal who have already given a blueprint of what to do and then be compensated a measily $10 each for all the knowledge they put together you really have a hard time getting anywhere else?

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #1698 on: July 02, 2013, 11:23:01 AM »
I agree that one of the tenets is to "get used to sufffering", but I think there are ways to mitigate suffering while still achieving all objectives of the plan.

Spices can help mitigate suffering without adding calories.

Calorie-free liquids can help mitigate suffering without adding calories.

Extremism for it's own sake is pretty stupid and childish. Extremism with purpose is worthwhile.

Intelligence is understanding the objective, and modifying the strategy to take advantage of strengths/weaknesses to reach the objective.

My strengths:

1. I can starve all day long, as long as I know I get to eat a giant meal at night
2. I can train as hard on an empty stomach as I can with a full stomach
3. I'm a pretty good cook
4. I can eat the same thing day-in-and-day-out, as long as it tastes good
5. I don't crave carbs. Just fats and proteins.

My weaknesses:

1. I like my food to taste good (which is not the same as "more calories")
2. I like to feel full after my meal
3. I like to eat at night

The objective: take calories down to 1000 or less per day to leave no doubt that I will lose fat as quickly as possible.

My strategy:

I'm also thinking giant stir-fry - lots of meat and veggies and worchester sauce and soy sauce and hot sauce and ginger and a bit of low-sugar O.J. and just a dab of corn starch to thicken it up.

Objectives and strategies. The secret to everything in life. Business, bodybuilding, relationships...it's where it all starts.

Have an objective, and set a strategy that allows you to harness your unique sustainable competitive advantage whilst mitigating your weaknesses.

You're a smart guy who likes to troll...but I'm sure you get it. You obviously do the same thing (objective/strategy) to look the way you do. You just set different objectives, and use your own strategies that work for you. I've no problem with that. To each his own.

the way you yankees pronounce wooster sauce grates like fuck on me...

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #1699 on: July 02, 2013, 11:24:46 AM »
the way you yankees pronounce wooster sauce grates like fuck on me...

Saying "wooster sauce" would be a lot fucking easier. First time i read worcestershire, my brain simply couldn't compute. It basically SHUT DOWN!!!