Author Topic: NFL Playoff Discussion  (Read 13488 times)

regmac

• Getbig V
Re: NFL Playoff Discussion
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2009, 03:15:16 PM »
weird thing is they actually have a good amount of decent talent on their team, they are in one of the toughest divisions though.
Well shutting out the skins doesn't come to often!!!!
((-::

body88

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2009, 04:32:56 PM »
The Patriots are getting hot and should be respected as a serious threat.  If they play like they did last week, they can beat anyone in the NFL.  They have a championship caliber offense and the defense has started to mature.  I doubt they win it, but I wouldn't be shocked if they did.

This might be the year the Chargers get it.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2009, 05:50:14 PM »
The Patriots are getting hot and should be respected as a serious threat.  If they play like they did last week, they can beat anyone in the NFL.  They have a championship caliber offense and the defense has started to mature.  I doubt they win it, but I wouldn't be shocked if they did.

This might be the year the Chargers get it.
The Pats will always be the Kings of the AFC till someone else comes.  Indy is good but beatabe WITH MANNING!!! 

body88

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2009, 06:03:56 PM »
The Pats will always be the Kings of the AFC till someone else comes.  Indy is good but beatabe WITH MANNING!!! 

I picked the colts to win the sb this year, and dumbass Bill Polian might have cost me a bet because of his idiocy.  They should have kept the peddle to the metal.  Now they will probably lose to San D or NE in the AFCCG.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2009, 06:09:58 PM »
I picked the colts to win the sb this year, and dumbass Bill Polian might have cost me a bet because of his idiocy.  They should have kept the peddle to the metal.  Now they will probably lose to San D or NE in the AFCCG.
Well until Dallas is out, my heart is all Texan.   When that comes it's all about my Lakers.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2009, 06:30:47 PM »
looks like indy didn't learn their lesson from the men in black and gold back in 05

E
E

body88

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2009, 06:36:06 PM »
looks like indy didn't learn their lesson from the men in black and gold back in 05

E

The starters will be rusty. 3+ weeks without playing....watch the colts get punched in the mouth by the Steelers, the Chargers or the Pats.  It could happen.  Good chance, actually.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2009, 06:44:11 PM »
conspiracy theorists around town believe the colts threw the jets game

just so they could increase the chances of avoiding those men in black and gold :)

E
E

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2009, 06:51:33 PM »
i still dont understand the decision to rest them.

they could have knocked the jets out of playoff contention PLUS go 15-0

would have done wonders for morale.

body88

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2009, 07:52:17 PM »
When is the last time a one seed won the sb?

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2009, 08:01:28 PM »
When is the last time a one seed won the sb?

72 phins? lol

but i think the rams

body88

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2009, 08:28:59 PM »
Typically a lower seed wins it that gets hot at the right time, these days.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2009, 08:38:21 PM »
conspiracy theorists around town believe the colts threw the jets game

just so they could increase the chances of avoiding those men in black and gold :)

E
LOL doubt that very much but the jets certainly dont deserve to be in the playoffs

and actually Earl the TEXANS are ahead of the steelers in the wild card hunt  ;)

so if the jets, ravens and broncos lose and the Texans win we will go before you  :P

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2009, 09:20:55 PM »
Typically a lower seed wins it that gets hot at the right time, these days.

yep.

seems like average teams, now more than ever can just turn it on.

body88

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2009, 07:22:20 AM »
LOL doubt that very much but the jets certainly dont deserve to be in the playoffs

and actually Earl the TEXANS are ahead of the steelers in the wild card hunt  ;)

so if the jets, ravens and broncos lose and the Texans win we will go before you  :P

Man, the Texans were my "sleeper" pick this year.  How the ef are they 8-8 with all that talent. There is so much talent on that team it's redic.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2009, 08:08:03 AM »
Man, the Texans were my "sleeper" pick this year.  How the ef are they 8-8 with all that talent. There is so much talent on that team it's redic.
:-[  :-\ there have been so many games this year that we either had and lost or that we could have had and didnt come through. Our kicker alone probably lost 2 or 3 games and kept us from going into overtime once.

LOL The Houston Chronicle had a cover page on their sports section that went something like "The Texans are finding new ways to lose"  ;D it so true

I swear my buddy has 2 tickets to the patriot game here this sunday and if I go im going to make a shirt that says "8 and 8 aint great" look for me  ;D

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2009, 11:09:32 AM »
weird thing is they actually have a good amount of decent talent on their team, they are in one of the toughest divisions though.
I fear they will draft Clemsons RB...but i am hoping they let Santana go......Dallas needs him!!!!

body88

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2009, 11:43:53 AM »
:-[  :-\ there have been so many games this year that we either had and lost or that we could have had and didnt come through. Our kicker alone probably lost 2 or 3 games and kept us from going into overtime once.

LOL The Houston Chronicle had a cover page on their sports section that went something like "The Texans are finding new ways to lose"  ;D it so true

I swear my buddy has 2 tickets to the patriot game here this sunday and if I go im going to make a shirt that says "8 and 8 aint great" look for me  ;D

Nice. I'll watch out for you on the screens.  I'm down in the 100 section on the 20 (lighthouse side).

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2009, 12:32:17 PM »

texans will lose to the pats, jets will beat the bengals to keep those men in black and gold out of the playoffs

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2009, 12:33:33 PM »
yep.

seems like average teams, now more than ever can just turn it on.

who are the average teams that have recently won?

giants?  who else?

E
E

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2009, 03:22:56 PM »

giants?  who else?

E
Giants are an excellent team that had too many losses.  They can beat all the teams in the playoffs.  Not sure what happened to them   but wish they'd have  lost 2 more games.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2009, 04:08:38 PM »

giants?  who else?

E
STEELERS  ??? ::)

honestly though I think the cardinals are a prime example of an average team getting hot but they didnt win they just went and played another average team  ;) :P

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2009, 04:10:08 PM »
STEELERS  ??? ::)

honestly though I think the cardinals are a prime example of an average team getting hot but they didnt win they just went and played another average team  ;) :P

they were a 2 seed, not uncommon for a 2 to win it all

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2009, 04:27:50 PM »
they were a 2 seed, not uncommon for a 2 to win it all

E
we didnt say anything about seed's we said "average" teams  ;) ;D

Earl1972

• Getbig V