Author Topic: Something I've observed in the gym  (Read 5019 times)

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
Re: Something I've observed in the gym
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2014, 04:10:17 PM »
Fair enough, but you quoted me  ;)

I think "focusing on showpiece muscles" is different from the machines vs. freeweights debate. Of course a complete, well-developed body is more impressive than some big guns and crappy everything else. Let me ask you, were you able to work out lower body at all? Did you forego lower body training altogether or did you try to substitute machine work or more moderate free weights?

for legs I start with standing and seated calf raises. Then superset seated leg curls and db sldl. Then lunges and leg extensions. My quads will grow walking, calves shit no matter what I do but I keep trying.

jamesjenkinsfitness

• Getbig II
  • instagram @jamesjenkinsfitness
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2014, 04:16:34 PM »
I'd say these are health clubs, yes that rampant there. But ingyms, it's different....
Strong and shapely, Albany strength, adirondack barbell, powerhouse bronx, apollon, bev's, etc
Things tend to be different at places like these. Deficit deadlifts, chain benches, etc.....
i

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2014, 07:04:19 PM »
Walking lunges and SLDL are the best leg exercises imho.

Built6foot5

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • WBFF Pro
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2014, 07:12:04 PM »
Most guys problems lie in sloppy form and no detail to negative/positive parts of the reps

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2014, 01:58:23 PM »
I saw a group of guys today benching for 45 mins , the biggest couldn't get a single rep with 315 help from rep one, yet he ended up on 465 on the bar, with the spotter barely  managing to pull the weight off him...
I've never seen anyone spend 45 minutes or an hrs doing dead lift or chins ever, why because it's hard and no one can do your work for you...
choice is an illusion